IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

I could waste so much time reading comments on Duggar IGs. I've seen that Becky girl comment before and I'd love to know who she is lol Is she a homeschool teen with nothing else to do or a grown woman with a Duggar obsession?! 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

The EU considers the term Budweiser to be a geographic indication of source and specifically mean a beer that is brewed in the town of České Budejovice. Geographic indications of source cannot be licensed so the original agreement is void. Anheuser-Busch (now InBev) cannot sell their beer under the name of Budweiser in the EU because it is a protected indication of source.

In the US InBev owns the trademark on the name Budweiser for beer because of the licensing agreement. No one else can call their beer Budweiser and if you want to import beer actually brewed in České Budejovice it has to be called something else (such as Czechvar). 

You can buy Budweiser beer here in Sweden which is an EU-country: https://www.systembolaget.se/dryck/ol/budweiser-166903. This is from the state alcohol monopoly web page and just in my home town alone about 300 bottles of the stuff are available to buy. Not that I understand why anyone would buy it since there are better beers that cost less and it is not a beer that I personally think taste anything special, it is just beer. 

11 minutes ago, elliha said:

You can buy Budweiser beer here in Sweden which is an EU-country: https://www.systembolaget.se/dryck/ol/budweiser-166903. This is from the state alcohol monopoly web page and just in my home town alone about 300 bottles of the stuff are available to buy. Not that I understand why anyone would buy it since there are better beers that cost less and it is not a beer that I personally think taste anything special, it is just beer. 

Isn't that the European (German?) brewed one though rather than the American brewed one other posters were commenting about? 

11 minutes ago, elliha said:

You can buy Budweiser beer here in Sweden which is an EU-country: https://www.systembolaget.se/dryck/ol/budweiser-166903. This is from the state alcohol monopoly web page 

Interesting! It's sold as Busch Bud or something similar most of the places I've encountered it. It's something that was dealt with in separate cases in each member state so I probably should have specified with the word generally but honestly the way it was covered in my IP law classes the year of law school I did in Prague I'm surprised one of the cases was settled differently. (Although I'm also not shocked to learn that Czech law professors might have a particular slant on the issue). 

3 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Isn't that the European (German?) brewed one though rather than the American brewed one other posters were commenting about? 

The producer (producent) is Anheuser-Busch but the deliverer (leverantör) is Carlsberg so it might be brewed here but it is licensed by the American company if it is listed this way on the web page. 

1 hour ago, elliha said:

The producer (producent) is Anheuser-Busch but the deliverer (leverantör) is Carlsberg so it might be brewed here but it is licensed by the American company if it is listed this way on the web page. 

I went for a look at a UK one and it appears to be brewed in the U.K.

its called American-style larger but it's brewed the way it was when it was first brewed in Germany, 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/261939947

I'm wondering if all of the European brewers are linked back to the original German one as in all the same company and it's just the American one that's a completely different country with a license agreement for the name 

13 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why anyone would drink American Budweiser is beyond me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying this! All this LITE beer, too. Why Bother????

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

For Becky's sake she'd better be a teen lol

~*~  bEcKy ~*~

You can find extensive discussions of Becky M, fundy stalker par excellence, in FJ.

Meanwhile, can someone explain Jinger's sweater to me?

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Looks like a classic raglan sweater, with either polka dots or metal studs on the shoulder. The lighting/shadows make her neck look like a super weird turtleneck though, and the strap on her crossbody purse also adds a weird look.

25 minutes ago, formerpastorswife said:

Looks like a classic raglan sweater, with either polka dots or metal studs on the shoulder. The lighting/shadows make her neck look like a super weird turtleneck though, and the strap on her crossbody purse also adds a weird look.

The crossbody bag does look a little odd, but since I wear a crossbody myself I understand what it's doing. On her neck though, more than just a turtleneck, it initially looks like a terrible paint/photoshop job, but if I zoom way in on the pic I can see the cords in her neck, and the shading on her chin, so it must just be shadows. Weird though. They've got some massive black and white contrast going on in that picture.

Is she wearing a dark tee shirt under the sweater, visible at the neck, or is that just an odd shadow?

On 8/5/2017 at 10:10 PM, SRC said:

I don't remember any of the boys in shorts except Josh wearing knee length ones when he & his dad were trying to get in shape. Have any of the other male Duggars been spotted in shorts? 

More recently, yes. They used to not be allowed--hence Jim-Bob in a charity run in jeans. Then they did a stint as extras in the movie Courageous (iirc) and we were told the little boys running in shorts were "in costume" Since then there have been a few photos in shorts--may have been for water-activites (canoe, etc) I can't remember.

1 hour ago, formerpastorswife said:

Thank you for explaining this. I kept staring at the picture thinking she was wearing some sort of collar! Once I saw what you said and looked again I could see it's just shadows.

17 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why anyone would drink American Budweiser is beyond me.

I don't like beer of any sort, and even I know Budweiser is horrid

On 8/1/2017 at 1:31 PM, HereticHick said:

Sometimes I get the feeling that at least 50% of the commenters on Duggars and Bates Instagrams are fundy/fundy lite teen and tween girls. So much naivete, bad grammar and spelling, and non-stop astonishment at the most banal things:

You blink. I blink. Screeach... We must be BFF sole soul sisters.

My guess is up meeting Sam for the first time. If that's not one of their engagement photos it would explain the skirt and return to crunchy hair. She said awhile back she dresses as her family does when she's visiting them out of respect (*cough* JimBob insists)

15 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

My guess is up meeting Sam for the first time. If that's not one of their engagement photos it would explain the skirt and return to crunchy hair. She said awhile back she dresses as her family does when she's visiting them out of respect (*cough* JimBob insists)

Or they are meeting both Sam AND Anna's #5 but its super hush hush

I'm convinced they are going to keep #5 a secret for a while

14 minutes ago, kachuu said:

Or they are meeting both Sam AND Anna's #5 but its super hush hush

I'm convinced they are going to keep #5 a secret for a while

Yeah, I'm betting we won't know #5 is here until we see Anna holding him at JoKen's wedding.

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

You can find extensive discussions of Becky M, fundy stalker par excellence, in FJ.

Here is the color version of the photo, that they posted on their website when they originally launched it last fall. 

14910544_301309763595800_5846453195093434501_n.jpg

Her transformation has been nothing short of stunning.  It is amazing what you can do when you take time and effort into your personal appearance. Versus how some random perv who runs the cult thinks you should look.  Jinger today is the very model of fashionable classically modest.  What Jessa & the rest of the women/girls are wearing are modern frumper.

I love how stylish Jinger's Instagram photos look. If I didn't know her history, I would assume she was just another woman posting on social media.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived