IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

23 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

If Jeremy is truly interested in expanding his theological knowledge, I don't understand why he hasn't gone to school for his MDiv. He could probably even do it online. 

My first degree was Alternate Theologies. I did that online. I believe you can find conventional divination programs online now too.

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I even, gasp!, went away on vacations with my then-boyfriend and we DIDN'T HAVE SEX. The horror! :boom:

...but, but, but, but... if you start doing reckless things like that, there's a real danger of ACTUAL CONVERSATION and everything that leads to!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is silly but I was at the grocery store earlier and saw this. I thought of Jeremy and his Rembrandt. Hehe!4d2b4c3d6fcceeda6ca68d2fdbb5421b.jpg

Jeremy just posted this 2 hours ago. Did they get a doggo or are they pet sitting? I hope its theirs. They can take care of a fur baby for awhile before "upgrading" to the two legged model.

IMG_20170728_221624.jpg

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

No, they're in Philly. That's probably his parents' dog. 

Ah, I see. My bad. 

16 minutes ago, marmalade said:

No, they're in Philly. That's probably his parents' dog. 

I sure hope it is!  Dogs with short faces do not do at all well with heat. It would be miserable in Laredo.

45 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I sure hope it is!  Dogs with short faces do not do at all well with heat. It would be miserable in Laredo.

Very true about dogs with short faces. I walk 2 Boston terriers twice every weekday.  The summers are so hard on them because of their short faces.  

3 hours ago, PumaLover said:

This is silly but I was at the grocery store earlier and saw this. I thought of Jeremy and his Rembrandt. Hehe!4d2b4c3d6fcceeda6ca68d2fdbb5421b.jpg

Since I'm Dutch I eat a lot of cheese, but I wondered if you only have ages/extra ages cheese there? Because the "young" version of it is my favorite but since most of it is imported (i think), it would be kind of hard to get a hold on some young cheese (6 weeks ripened!). 

Since I'm Dutch I eat a lot of cheese, but I wondered if you only have ages/extra ages cheese there? Because the "young" version of it is my favorite but since most of it is imported (i think), it would be kind of hard to get a hold on some young cheese (6 weeks ripened!). 

Hmm, I am not sure on that! I absolutely love cheese though and am always on the lookout for new kinds. I'll have to see if the Gouda we have here is only aged. Very interesting. I actually ended up buying 7 different kinds of cheese while shopping tonight. I may have a bit of a problem.

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Dogs with short faces do not do at all well with heat.

I didn't know that!

Guess the most seen pet breed of dog in Thailand?  Shih Tsu....:my_dodgy:

The cute factor is big here.

6 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I am pretty sure we do. 

10 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Yes, we have Gouda of all kinds and ages in the US. At least in Wisconsin -- cheese making is kind of our thing here.  Same goes for cheddar. I just saw some 14 year old cheddar at the dairy the other day. And kimchi flavored curds.  They were quite tasty.  But I digress.

As far as the Rembrandt goes -- he's good but I prefer Vincent.

8 minutes ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Yes, we have Gouda of all kinds and ages in the US. At least in Wisconsin -- cheese making is kind of our thing here.  Same goes for cheddar. I just saw some 14 year old cheddar at the dairy the other day. And kimchi flavored curds.  They were quite tasty.  But I digress.

As far as the Rembrandt goes -- he's good but I prefer Vincent.

Oh man kimchi flavored cheese curds sound amazing. Imagine kimchi-flavored poutine! (Though part of this is just my undying love of kimchi and that really...hard to describe, but very "bright" spiciness of Korean food)

22 minutes ago, Kak said:

I didn't realise this was a thing. 

Well..yeah..not sure where you're from but since cheese, tulips and wooden shoes are our culture broadcast thing it kind of speaks for itself? Gouda is a place near Rotterdam, hence the name of the cheese. 

4 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Well..yeah..not sure where you're from but since cheese, tulips and wooden shoes are our culture broadcast thing it kind of speaks for itself? Gouda is a place near Rotterdam, hence the name of the cheese. 

Don't forget the weed, I think that tops the cheese, tulips and wooden shoes.

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

Don't forget the weed, I think that tops the cheese, tulips and wooden shoes.

Oh yeah, legitimate weed! It's not my thing and certainly not where I am from (Fryslân) so I always forget how foreigners view us on that. Well that and Sinterklaas. 

Just now, Chewing Gum said:

Oh yeah, legitimate weed! It's not my thing and certainly not where I am from (Fryslân) so I always forget how foreigners view us on that. Well that and Sinterklaas. 

Its always the first thing people mention, but maybe because they don't always realise that we also have Rembrandt, van Gogh, Gouda and Edam.

Although I'm also not a big fan if they start to mention those, since the pronunciation is usually butchered :my_dodgy: especially when it comes to Gouda and van Gogh

I dated somebody years ago who wound up moving to the Netherlands to learn to make shoes (and eventually study art). He taught me that Gouda is pronounced more like 'Hhhowda'.

7 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I dated somebody years ago who wound up moving to the Netherlands to learn to make shoes (and eventually study art). He taught me that Gouda is pronounced more like 'Hhhowda'.

True, the Dutch 'G' is almost impossible to pronounce for non-Dutchies (except maybe Germans). But like that it comes closest. 

Edit: also the reason why I cannot even try to write down how to pronouce 'van Gogh'. Although I think 'fahn hohck' comes closest.

28 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Clogs and tulips yes, but then I know little else about the Netherlands. I dislike cultural stereotypes and try to avoid them.

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Its always the first thing people mention, but maybe because they don't always realise that we also have Rembrandt, van Gogh, Gouda and Edam.

Although I'm also not a big fan if they start to mention those, since the pronunciation is usually butchered :my_dodgy: especially when it comes to Gouda and van Gogh

Is it right that van Gogh ought to be pronounced sort of like 'hook'?

We lived in Germany for six years and I absolutely LOVE the Netherlands! Such a beautiful country. I'm so envious!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived