IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

Just now, polecat said:

I really don't care what people wear -- but I do find her hypocrisy obnoxious. And I think it needs to be pointed out.

Oh, her ridiculous hypocrisy absolutely should be pointed out. But I'm struggling with the "I only wear maxi skirts with leggings under them, so there Lori" sort of responses (not intended as an exact quote). If that's your cup of fashion tea, so be it. But it is not required of anyone. 

And I have been thinking of investing in at least one neutral colored maxi skirt to wear to work as I'm unlikely to get caught in any situation where those wouldn't work. Other than unexpected field trips. Almost headed out in heels once but got a last minute call just as I was heading out the door with the information that I would be spending the morning at a wildlife refuge and might want to wear jeans and appropriate footwear. My answer: "I'm going to be about five minutes late as I need to change clothes". But I'm not buying one so I can tell Ken & Lori my skirt is longer than her skirts. If I buy one, it will be for practical reasons. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the divorce post she leaves up some of the comments that say divorce was good for them or should be OK in case of abuse but she deletes Liz for saying the same things. Its like its personal. 

liz.PNG.7ab2a1e8b3784647636d7d53b6ff443f.PNG

Just wondering if Lori does not enjoy serving her daughters meals when they come visit. One of them is a young mother and might enjoy being pampered a bit. Isn't that what older women are to do for young moms - encourage them and help out? 

I have my own way of doing things when my adult children visit but I won't go into that. 

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

And I'm not going to apologize for that or come up with some piece of my wardrobe to tell you all about that out-modests Lori or any other fundie. BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT. If we believe that women can wear what they want (aside from being gross hypocrites like Lori) then let's all wear what we want--long skirts, short skirts, long shorts, short shorts, jeans, yoga pants, v-necks, turtlenecks...IT DOESN'T MATTER. 

That's it exactly. No one should apologize for wearing what they like for whatever reason that they would like. People have mentioned medical reasons or weight. Or just wear what you want for no reason at all. During my packing I came across box of clothes from my early 20's. I had skirts in there that would have barely covered my ass. At that time I was coming out of an abusive relationship and those clothes made me feel great. I would never apologize for that. These days my waistline is a little bigger and I don't party anymore so I wear long prairie skirts that I sew myself. The bigger the better.

Serving sons: Their arms aren't broken...get your ass up and fix your own plate!

Maxi skirts: I have a nasty skin disease called hidradenitis suppurativa. It's disgusting. But, wearing skirts ILO pants/shorts, it doesn't flare up as much. If you want to be grossed out: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/painful-skin-joints/hidradenitis-suppurativa

12 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Serving sons: Their arms aren't broken...get your ass up and fix your own plate!

Maxi skirts: I have a nasty skin disease called hidradenitis suppurativa. It's disgusting. But, wearing skirts ILO pants/shorts, it doesn't flare up as much. If you want to be grossed out: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/painful-skin-joints/hidradenitis-suppurativa

Wear what you want. I just feel like we don't need to explain ourselves. Unless we really take all these fundagelical modesty rules seriously. 

My mother fails to serve my brother when we are all at her house. I'll let her know she needs to do that. I'm sure she'll have something sarcastic to say. 

Lori says

As godly women, our goal in life should be going around doing good and the most important people we should be doing good for is our own family. Learn to be a servant and do what you can to make their lives as happy as you can. Never forget that being a help meet to your husband is your priority. Fix your family good, nourishing food. Keep your home clean and tidy for them. Make sure their clothes are clean and put away. Be in the Word so you can be a cheerful presence in your home. Don’t be ruled by your emotions but be ruled by truth. Build your homes up by finding ways to bless your family and making your home a place of peace and rest.

Today's topic is so typical of Lori's condescension. It seems like a clumsy attempt to get her followers off Shortsgate and back on to the usual Titus 2 blather. Ok, girls, you had your say, now be good and get back to your kitchens. 

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My mother fails to serve my brother when we are all at her house. I'll let her know she needs to do that. I'm sure she'll have something sarcastic to say. 

lol, I bet she would! 

Mine are obviously not adults, but I have a feeling they'd be serving me at that point in our lives. Heck, they often bring me things now. It's not out of a sense of duty but out of a sense of simply being nice. 

We can start a group blog here for Frugal Living Tips and Tricks or whatever you'd like it to be called.  With a group blog, anyone that wants to post just needs to be added to the group and they can make blog posts.

You can see the coloring blog or food blog for examples.

50 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I have that too! You understand then why maxi skirts are so freeing. I wear jeans and pants as well, but nothing tight.

Mine is mild compared to some YouTube videos I've seen. Those people - I don't know how they function. Me, I can lessen symptoms by avoiding hard chairs, taking off my bra as soon as I get home, etc. If, e.g., we go to a restaurant and I have to sit up straight in a chair for an hour or so, I pay for it within the next couple of days. But sometimes things flare up for no discernible reason.

lol, I bet she would! 
Mine are obviously not adults, but I have a feeling they'd be serving me at that point in our lives. Heck, they often bring me things now. It's not out of a sense of duty but out of a sense of simply being nice. 

Just ran it by her. She fears he'd take her in for a mental health check.

My brother and I are more typically assisting her due to her vision loss. Especially in public places. I'm sure I don't want to know what Lori would have to say about that.

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Today's message is brought to you by the letter S.  

S is for Scold.

Lori Alexander:

:pb_rollseyes: No one is to scold Lori!  She's godly!  Scolding others is her job!

Her favorite dictionary must have "to teach" as a synonym of "to scold".

About the "serving sons" - to me that is additional evidence of her misogyny.  Why say sons?  Why not talk instead about the question of what does hospitality look like in our post-modern world?  She really limits her so-called teaching/mentoring by ignoring the scope of the rest of Scripture, as well as limiting the breadth and scope of her own "faith".

Lori:

I still serve my sons when they are in my home. I always made them their meals and took care of their laundry as long as they lived in our home. I loved taking care of them and still do whenever I have the opportunity to do so. Men need mothers, then wives. God created them this way and I see nothing wrong with serving your son in this way.

This comment is all kinds of weird.

I can totally see serving a visiting adult child (not *just* a son, but a daughter as well). Teens need to learn to do things for themselves, though.  Her sons should have been taught to do their laundry, make meals when needed, and clean up their messes.  That's part of the job-teaching them to take care of themselves.  Moms aren't built in servants, and neither are wives.

Don't get me wrong, family should definitely do things to help each other, and make life easier, but the idea of a mother serving her sons because God made them to be served?  No.  That doesn't sit right with me at all.

I remember Lori recounting the story of her son going on a date.  She said at some point during the dinner, the woman announced that she didn't like to cook.  According to Lori, her son instantly knew she "wasn't the one".  Over cooking.  

I wondered at the time, whether he was looking for a spouse, or household help.  It did not paint him in a positive light at all, and naturally Lori was completely oblivious to that fact.

Somehow I get the feeling that when her daughters come home, they don't get the same treatment.

I also believe that her maid served her sons, not her.

As a side note, in one of her Youtube videos, Ken came in to make his own breakfast.  Why didn't Lori get off the internet, and serve him?

Check out submissive on yesterday's post before it all gets deleted. The fan girls have ganged up on her. 

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I love the way you put things, @feministxtian and agree completely.

My sister-in-law used to go over to her grown son's house to clean before he was married. 

Hell, I hate to clean my own house (although I do) much less anybody else's.

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

#1 Nephew to me:  "Hey, Aunt Hane--how about heating me up a bowl of soup?"

Me: "To quote your late grandmother, 'What are you, crippled?'"

His mother doesn't wait on him, so I wonder where he gets this shizz from!

Lori and Ken are always rambling on about how the few verses Lori teaches from, are the "most important" things God wants women to know.

I can't help but notice, however, that we rarely see this verse on Lori's blog:

1 Timothy 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

I know that I've posted that before, but it's like that verse was written because of Lori.

Remember a month or so back when a blogger left her husband because he was having an affair?  Lori had a hissy fit about how the woman had no business blogging about her husband's affair.  She said it wasn't fair that we were only getting one side of the story.  Of course it was okay for her to blog about it, just not the woman it actually happened to.

Today, I noticed something in the comments.  Brian was trying to give Rob some helpful advice, and Lori immediately chimed in with the following:

Brian,

We know Rob. He is a servant to his wife and loves her unconditionally. He does everything and anything for her, yet she still treats him terribly. She has a rebellious heart and when a wife has a rebellious heart, there isn’t much a husband can do to reach her, unfortunately, except to pray and wait upon the Lord.

Rob hasn't been commenting on Lori's blog long.  From what I understand, after he found TTW, Ken started mentoring him behind the scenes.  That's how they "know" him.

All they "know" is what he has told them.  They don't know him irl.  They've never met his wife. They have absolutely no clue what's really going on in their home, yet Lori has declared herself judge and juror.  She found this woman (who she's never met) guilty of having a rebellious heart, and treating her husband terribly.  And not only that, she has used her blog as a vehicle to "wander from house to house".  She uses it to be a busybody (asking Earl how his wife was failing him), and tattle tale (gossiping about her friend's daughter and posting pictures of her son's friends).  She uses it to speak things she ought not (declaring that a woman she's never laid eyes on has a rebellious heart).

Lori likes to say that this, that, or the other can't be found in the Bible, but I'll tell you what you won't find in the Bible.  You won't find a verse encouraging older women to sit on the internet all day being busybodies.  And THAT is what Lori specializes in. 

59 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I love the way you put things, @feministxtian and agree completely.

My sister-in-law used to go over to her grown son's house to clean before he was married. 

Hell, I hate to clean my own house (although I do) much less anybody else's.

I love my kids beyond reason (even if they are little shits)...BUT...I'm nobody's maid. I do usually serve my husband's plate but that's more to do with his diabetes and carb counts than "serving him". However, that serving goes both ways with us. Hubby serves me quite a bit...

16 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My husband and I joked about writing a travel guide to used bookstores and yarn shops...

I would read that! Those are the stores we try to find on vacation. 

3 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

Her favorite dictionary must have "to teach" as a synonym of "to scold".

Ten bucks says that "discipline" = "beat with a leather strap."

Brian says in response to Rob and his marital woes

Will be praying for you both. If you haven’t already, i suggest counseling by a trained & licensed therapist.

In other words, not Lori and Ken. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

<snipped>

As a side note, in one of her Youtube videos, Ken came in to make his own breakfast.  Why didn't Lori get off the internet, and serve him?

From her book, this is Ken writing, read starting at "I was shocked..."

20170708_101246.thumb.jpg.389ce4feb8b1019db412d658af9b0264.jpg

So Lori... why was Ken shopping for his own food, clothes, ironing and why were the kids eating food prepared by Ken after they are their salads? Were you really serving your sons when they were home? And your husband? :/ 

Ok, this is probably BEC, but I am so totally and completely tired of hearing that Lori was a "very sick wife" for most of her marriage.

Until her tumor a few years ago -- what the hell was wrong with her??!!  All we ever see is her saying she had a bad gut or that she was very sick.  So sick that she spent most of the time lying down with an ice pack -- er -- bag of organic frozen peas -- on her head,  So sick she needed a nanny and a housekeeper.  But sick with what? What chronic illness did she have?

It's just all so vague and nebulous. It sounds so...so ...fake.  She writes as if she was on death's door, but then tells us she home schooled, drove her kids to the beach and Awana, and made wonderful nutritious meals salads. 

Personally, except for the tumor, I don't think she was sick at all.

@Red Hair, Black Dress I know if I don't eat enough food (calories), I get a massive headache and nauseous and if I don't have protein...it isn't good. ( I eat to live, so sometimes I don't feel like cooking and I pay the price for being lazy and not eating right. I usually have pot pies in the freezer just for the times I am by myself and don't want to cook but need a balanced dinner.)

If all she was eating salads, I'm guessing (based on frozrn peas on her head) she had a lot of headaches from lack of nutrition and calories. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived