IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

Good points @delphinium65

I want to address this part of the screen grab.

5964d54802739_LAlie.JPG.96384d994940db163a07c5a5846b8963.JPG

Specifically the highlighted area. "If I new my DIL was filming" SHE IS LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THE CAMERA! AND KEN IS WAVING TO IT! How do you not know you are being filmed if you look directly at a camera/phone? Did the DIL have special spy glasses on and doing it covertly?

Lori really thinks her readers are stupid. And in case you forgot what the picture looks like, here it is again.

Spoiler

5964d6495c34c_LAshowingleg.JPG.b4009436840c4567b234ff1e0e79f99a.JPG

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the navy low cut top picture been posted with Lori's statement that she never wears low cut tops?

Is it possible she really doesn't think it's low cut because there is no boobage? Self-delusion is a wonderful thing.

Looking at the pic of Lori standing in The Infamous Skirt (TM) -- it is no where near her knees -- it's about 3 inches above -- which equals short.

I suppose she could argue that Ken likes her in short skirts, so she wears them as he asks. Thus she's just being a submissive, godly wife. doing what her Command Man commands.

Of course I just think she's being a raging hypocrite as usual.

Lori is so boring. All the interesting stuff that people want to hear about she has no answer for.

She doesn't clean on a schedule

Doesn't budget

Doesn't give any examples of how she resolves conflict through submission

Hearing about these scenarios and how she handles them is what brings people back to blogs over and over. This is what people are ASKING her to blog about and she is so dismissive. She is missing out on great fodder and frankly it bores me to death.

Men can and do lust after pretty faces. Why does Aunt Lori exclude the face? Women are just an assemblage of faceless body parts to men I suppose. If I were a man, her characterization of my gender would be insulting.

Great, she is using this as another chance for everyone to feel sorry for her and is going to lap up the attention. 

"doesn't mean we are wrong..."

Love that part. 

nothintohide.PNG.36ccbf7647c6eae94a82137175bfb306.PNG

Nothing to hide huh? So post the actual photo proudly. 

Recently, someone grabbed a picture that my daughter-in-law posted on her Instagram story of me with a skirt on with shorts underneath and some of my thigh showing. It was the Fourth of July and I was with my sons and their families and Ken. My legs were up on a footstool so more of my thigh shows than normal. (I have posted a picture of the jean skirt I was wearing that almost comes down to my knees when standing and I always wear shorts underneath it.)

She may or may not have been wearing that skirt she posted, but if she was, she had it hiked all the way up to her hips because the curve of her buttocks were revealed. One thing my fundy mom DRILLED into me (and I do mean drilled) was that ladies did not sit like that, not even with family: You sit with your legs together, knees clamped, ankles crossed, always and forever amen, because you never know who is around and even your male family members cannot be trusted to not be inappropriate (which I always thought was foul but that was before I'd hear of Josh Dugga ret al.). 

Spoiler

Also it was before I'd learned that my mom had been hurt by one of her own male family members, which added even more context to her modesty fears but also more sadness because of the shadow of self-blame. 

Anyway. Lori, you're not modest no matter which way you try to frame this. You don't dress modestly, you don't sit modestly and you sure as hell don't behave modestly.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Nothing to hide huh? So post the actual photo proudly. 

To be fair, she really doesn't have anything to hide. She's shown us her ass (literally and figuratively) and her cleavage down to her navel. Kim Kardashian's got nothing on Lori Alexander! 

7 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

nothintohide.PNG.36ccbf7647c6eae94a82137175bfb306.PNG

The comment she is responding to here cracks me up:

Lori, please do not apologize for other people's short comings. You are playing right into their hands by apologizing constantly instead of guiding us younger women.

Apologizing? Since when has Lori ever apologized? She's defended herself. She's said she's NOT sorry about things. But I've never seen her actually apologize.

Her views of women must stay home is ultra conservative.

OH and if nothing to hide, Lori should point her readers here to see all us crazies, but she cant do that they might actually think we make sense. 

Lots of back peddaling. She actually says now some men are perverts and can't be help. What about with God all things are possible/

sub1.thumb.PNG.be92d1a96adfd6c7f3b713a35d8628c2.PNGsub2.thumb.PNG.e26a19eebab13c225d0eef1c5e487084.PNG

sub3.thumb.PNG.29ed93a53e7145a08038387cff8d5e54.PNG

If not saved by anything we do then it doesn't matter if women stay home or not, dress modest, homeschool, have sex on demand, etc, etc?  It makes all of what she says pointless. I think every sentence of this post is contradicted in her other posts. In fact, I think she has a whole post on being saved by our works. 

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to wear longer skirts and not have to pull them down everytime you sit down and buy skirts that have the fabric you can pull down? I guess that is a question for Ken. Golly Ken, why make it so difficult, because you need to see some knee to be turned on?

I'm sure that the fact that you can't see boobs in that navy top would be her defense. She will tell us she can wear it because she is small on top. 

So Lori, if you are reading this, please clarify exactly at what cup size one must not wear that top. Is A okay but not B? Or do you have to be up to C to avoid it? How low cut can an AA go? Maybe this needs a whole blog post with neckline to cup size ratios? 

For the record, female was the default setting back then and the option was super buried. It makes me laugh too, but I’m sure it was just him not seeing it.

Lori:

Anyone who teaches godly womanhood, especially in today’s culture, can expect to be slandered 

So an unaltered picture is slander?  Interesting.

Sounds more like TRUTH leaked out, and she didn't like the rebuke that came with it.

Lori:

Modesty definitely involves a heart transformation; for it shouldn’t come as a list of do’s and don’ts but out of a heart of love and devotion that wants to please the Lord in all that we do.

You mean like yoga pants and bikinis?  Or what about short shorts and low cut tops?  

Lori could save herself a lot of blogging if she really believed that.

In my bible study today:

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. James 3:1

Granted, the word "teachers" doesn't appear in the King James version that Lori prefers, but the message is the same: If you teach God's word, you are held to a higher standard. For Lori, this means that she should be even more modest than she says is necessary, that she should be even more submissive to Ken, and that she should wear longer shorts and skirts than she thinks is required.

I listen to godly men and what they consider immodest and dress accordingly. 

This quote from Lori Alexander is rather revealing (sorry). Lori listens to godly men who tell her what is immodest and she takes notes and dresses accordingly.

Short skirts immodest? Check. 

Very low-cut necklines are immodest? Check. 

Oh, Lori. If only your followers weren't so well trained into reading your words with no ulterior motive.

Also it is indeed possible that Lori was wearing shorts under that skirt, but they were not as long as we had been expecting. Something along the line of French knickers, perhaps?

Like @polecat, I grew up with an understanding that it was ladylike to sit upright with both feet flat on the floor and knees and ankles together. Despite decades of practice, I find it uncomfortable to sit like this and generally curl up into an armchair. While not very ladylike, there is no risk of unwanted exposure as I almost always wear trousers or jeans. If I'm wearing a dress or skirt, I sit with the memory of fingers prodding my back to make me sit up straight. I even have a wheelchair cushion that encourages my knees together. 

I was taught that etiquette should never be used as a tool to make people feel uncomfortable or excluded, but as a guide so that everyone knows what to expect and can feel secure in that. I would feel quite uncomfortable to see so much of my own mother-in-law at an apparently fully-dressed occasion, and that's without even considering the hypocrisy of Mrs Alexander.

29 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori:

Anyone who teaches godly womanhood, especially in today’s culture, can expect to be slandered 

So an unaltered picture is slander?  Interesting.

Sounds more like TRUTH leaked out, and she didn't like the rebuke that came with it.

Ah, the persecution card. I had a pastor once who reacted this way to any criticism. Criticism = suffering for just saying what Jesus told you to = double-down on it, because the criticism just shows you're doin' God proud. It's a recipe for never considering whether you've got your interpretation wrong.

Lori:

I am sorry about this but we know that they hate us because they hated God first. It is Him they are fighting and it's a battle that was already won at the cross.

Yes, honey.  When Jesus was on the cross, he was battling for Lori Alexander's right to be a complete and utter hypocrite.  He wanted to make sure that she could wear whatever she wanted without question, and then bitch endlessly about other  immodest women in yoga pants.

I'll tell you something- if Lori had been wearing yoga pants, they'd have covered more than that skirt did.

And why delete the picture?  She says she dresses modestly, so she should hold this up as an example, so her readers will know exactly what to wear.

@Antipatriarch

That's my hesitancy on what we do here, that we just fuel her fire. Proving to her she is supposedly hated so therefore God must really love her. She is really doing something right. If we didn't exist though, she would find something else to fuel her. 

Can you imagine the blog post she'd have written if she'd seen another woman in the navy top or sitting in a chair with her skirt up to her ass?  We'd have never head the end of it. 

It seems like mere weeks ago that she wanted to paddle women on the beach, because they didn't meet her standards.

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

If we didn't exist though, she would find something else to fuel her. 

Pure meanness fuels Lori.

Yeah already won at the cross? Then why does she battle with her "haters". Why mention the viral post, why try to get positive reviews on her book? The battle has been won. Jesus is clearly on Lori's side, so her book should be number one right?

So first, if Lori is wearing shorts under that alleged skirt, I feel sorry for her vajayjay because those shorts and her undies must have been practically inside her uterus.

Second, I don't know about all of you, but pictures don't speak to me, so it wouldn't be slander.   I've pointed this out several times.  It's super easy to remember what is slander and what is libel because slander and spoken both start with an S.

Third, Lori needs no one else to make her a hypocrite.  She does that all by herself.

If the picture was fine and she wasn't being immodest, why the deleting and the persecution post?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived