IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

Come to think of it, there's a helluva lot Lori could learn from the bible...problem is, she won't read past her 3 favorite passages. I will say, that due to some of the Christian women who have been part of my life, I HAVE learned to be a better wife...HOWEVER, I was more of a caretaker for my husband for quite a while...I'm STILL learning how to be a wife instead of a nurse/counselor/social worker. Most of all, I've learned to relinquish control. VERY HARD for an untrusting control freak...but...I'm getting there. Not working and being hurt is making me completely insane because I have no real choice in depending on my hubs...however, he goes out of his way to reassure me that he doesn't care if I never go back to work and I'm not worth any less b/c of my lack of income. 

None of the wonderful women in my life are anything like Lori...there's no talk of "submission" but a lot of talk about learning to trust. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E. Elliot always said more good would be done if the older women would go and in person help younger women and mothers. She said more spiritual good is accomplished by helping a young mother clean her fridge, learn to bake bread or just sharing a coffee be chat than any "women's studies". 

17 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

@louisa05 You finally found a new place? Congrats!! 

Yes! Pretty much everything we wanted, too. We are 2.5 weeks from closing. I will be so relieved when the paperwork stuff is done and all that's left is moving. I know how to move. I don't know how to do all this stuff!  

I almost "glee peed" my panties here in my hospital cell.  Why??

Lori is Crushed because the good little church ladies:

1. Are gonna do a bible study. The horror!

2. And it's covering an actual Book in said bible.  For shame!

3. It's Not on Lori's three pet cherry-picked verses.  Teehee!

4. They didn't even ask the Godly Mentor for her godlygodliestgodlierthanallofthous to lead it.  The devastation!

5. It's a freakin Beth.Moore.Study. y'all. Oh, the humiliation!

Praise and all Glory in the Highest to Rufus for this blessing among the men and women of FJ.  The exhilaration and jubilation!!!!!

Seriously. I.Can.Not.Breathe.

:lolside:

52 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Yes! Pretty much everything we wanted, too. We are 2.5 weeks from closing. I will be so relieved when the paperwork stuff is done and all that's left is moving. I know how to move. I don't know how to do all this stuff!  

I'm so happy for you:) Mr. Nova and I are in the home stretch of a move as well. Couple more weeks and it should be finished. The paperwork is awful but I have to say I freaking hate to pack with a passion. Both hubby and I are "collectors" but now that I have to pack it all I'm thinking we're more like hoarders. Did I forget to mention our AC died and I'm packing in San Joaquin valley heat? Someone just kill me now. 

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I have a hard time believing Lori wrote that.  No one in America spells the word as "programme".  That is British standard spelling.  Here it is "program"

I noticed that too but didn't say anything because I'm a grammar nerd. It struck me as very odd.

The Book of Daniel is next on my re-read list.

@ChickenettiLuvr - I'm glad that you got the care that you needed. That was unnerving to read... can't imagine what it was like to go through it.

@louisa05 - Congrats and best of luck in your new home. The paperwork is a nightmare indeed.

For what it’s worth, I go back and forth between program and programme, but I also tend toward British spelling. I noticed it too, and found it odd cos I don’t remember her using British spelling before.

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I'm so happy for you:) Mr. Nova and I are in the home stretch of a move as well. Couple more weeks and it should be finished. The paperwork is awful but I have to say I freaking hate to pack with a passion. Both hubby and I are "collectors" but now that I have to pack it all I'm thinking we're more like hoarders. Did I forget to mention our AC died and I'm packing in San Joaquin valley heat? Someone just kill me now. 

Thanks! I haven't begun packing yet. I'm planning to start a chunk tomorrow. After yet another trip to the bank. Part of me still thinks it is all going to fall through, even though it has been smooth sailing so far. It's just that there hasn't been much good stuff for us in the last 8 years, so I'm having a hard time believing it. 

Since we rent now and close on the 27th, we'll have four days to move. My family moved 8 times from the time I was born through high school graduation. I remember 6 of them. I remember packing boxes when I was not yet 5--we always packed our own rooms. Aside from making my own moves as an adult, I also helped my parents move yet again as an adult. Husband has done a lot less moving and is nervous about it. I keep telling him to leave it to me, my mom and my brother. We are professionals. 

It is good and hot here, though and likely will be on moving weekend, too. Fortunately the AC is good. 

From the public FB page, anyone want to place a bet on deletion?  

Screenshot_2017-07-10-21-47-04.png

Screenshot_2017-07-10-21-47-25.png

Uh god never commands us to keep our homes. Idiots. 

Mr EW helped me, cheerfully & on his own accord, put up 5 pints of salsa and 9 1/2 freezer quarts of summer squash. What a feminized man he is. *eye roll* 

22 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Uh god never commands us to keep our homes. Idiots. 

Mr EW helped me, cheerfully & on his own accord, put up 5 pints of salsa and 9 1/2 freezer quarts of summer squash. What a feminized man he is. *eye roll* 

Mr. Nova is my one and only canning buddy. He does the heavy lifting because I'm a weenie. How do you prepare squash for freezing? That's one I haven't done yet.

@louisa05 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:) And I'm totally jealous of your AC. 

Mr BlackSheep doesn't "help" with chores. We both do chores.

I don't "help" with home repairs. We both do home repairs.

We both grocery shop and cook and wash dishes. We both have jobs. We both decide how to spend our money.

Some things are separate, but those are based on preferences.

He runs the carpet scrubber (because 2 dogs and white carpet). He showed me once how to run it, but it quickly became his thing. He maintains it with care and enjoys seeing the results.

I wash and fold towels because I like them to be folded like my mom taught me. It's nostalgic and comforting. 

I'm still a woman and a wife. He's still a man and a husband. Our salvation has nothing to do with who does what. To think that way belittles the work of Jesus on this earth, which transcended gender.

@SuperNova I sliced and then blanched for 3 minutes. Then got them into cold water. Once cooled I drained and packed them into quart freezer bags. Drained excess water out again and then we "vacuum sealed" them by sucking air out with a straw lol. Then into the freezer. This is my first year freezing them but I had to do something. They are running out my ears. 

@EowynW Thanks for the tip. A friend just gave us a big bag of squash and most of my kitchen is packed for the move so freezing is a great idea. I read somewhere that anything prepped for freezing should be cooled in the fridge first to help prevent large ice crystals which can pierce freezer bags on a microscopic level. Could be total B.S. but I do anyway.

12 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

She and Ken should start their own church and be done with it.

But it would be too much work. You can't run a church via blog and FB.

What would this church be called?

Church of the Big Salad?

Holy Hypocrisy Church?

Church of the Juicy Norwex Cloth?

Earlier, I was thinking about @Ken being a member here, so I took a peek at his profile.

Spoiler

20170710_181337.thumb.jpg.1522fe32500ed0257b6cb0670723f766.jpg

I had a nice little laugh. (It's only funny because he and Lori are so locked in to strict gender roles.)

Cabbage patch dolls are probably less easily sabotaged as a means of birth control (Ken's rank) than whatever they were using before (diaphragm?)

Ken has a high content count, a singular community reputation, and an unusual gender.

Do you think he will return? No, he has no more time to spend here because he has to work hard for their retirement, the kitchen remodel, the Facebook boosts, their regular vacations, and their mansion. 

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

Ken has a high content count, a singular community reputation, and an unusual gender.

Do you think he will return? No, he has no more time to spend here because he has to work hard for their retirement, the kitchen remodel, the Facebook boosts, their regular vacations, and their mansion. 

It's not quite as weird as it looks.  I'm sure Ken would have a relatively negative post/reputation count had he posted on the new platform.  His visit was while we were still on phpbb, so his "likes" (if any) did not transfer.

I don't think he will return because he has no reason to.  He (and Lori) can read everything we write about them without logging in and he's already discovered that we won't bend to his "command man" will and that many of our members know the bible far better than he does.   I don't think he ended up having as much fun here as he planned.  Even bringing in Cabinetman didn't help him make us horrible, independent women realize the error of our ways.

The female thing is all on him ;) (I assume  it's the default setting though)

Poor Regina commenting on the "everybody hates Paul" post is not the sharpest tool around, is she? Lori has given her the absolutely original idea of highlighting her favorite passages of books she is studying. And she indeed finds it absolutely original! Okay, then...

Of course, I suppose basic study skills like highlighting are not covered at the average SOTDRT

As for the "everybody hates Paul" blog, the passage about not being a stumbling block has absolutely nothing to do with how women dress. Of course, the modesty passages are about being humble by not showing off wealth and not about clothing, either. But Lori would have a serious problem if she paid attention to the latter fact. 

I can't imagine trying to read the Bible through her narrow lens and even thinking any of it made sense that way. 

Aunt Lori has addressed the picture!  

2187987.jpg.3d4924d46b8191251344b025610ec0ac.jpg

Oh, where to begin?  

1.  She says it was a skirt.  OK, I'll give her that one, it could have been a skirt rather than shorts. 

2.  That was more than just 'some' thigh showing, it was clear up to her butt! 

3.  She always wears shorts under it? Where were the shorts in the leggy pic?  

4.  If she knew it would be seen she would have put her feet down.  But isn't a 'godly' woman supposed to be modest under any circumstances, anywhere, if any man other than her husband is or may be present? Isn't it her fault if she shows skin and some random man 'stumbles'? 

5.  No clue that anyone would 'use it against me'...what world exactly is Lori living in?  She uses everything she can against everyone else, but expects special treatment when she makes a 'mistake'? 

6.  No, there's no need for anyone else to make her a hypocrite, she does a good enough job of that all on her own. 

7.  'I never wear low-cut tops...'  Quick, where's the V-neck picture? 

8.  'Or a short skirt...'  The skirt in the leggy pic looks pretty short to me! 

Face it, Aunt Lori, you're a hypocrite, and you just got caught. 

Today's post is dedicated to defending her right to dress as she pleases.  

Silly readers, Lori makes the rules, and they're for you, not her!

I even wear shorts once in a while and some of my thigh shows.

It sure does, and you've acknowledged that it doesn't even fit your own standard of modesty:

I used to wear shorts in the warmer months but I’m switching to wearing more dresses and skirts since I do believe they are more modest, especially as I grow older. 

I have decided to only wear dresses in the summer.

Of course, that's not true, but CHRISTIAN FREEDOM!!!!!

Recently, someone grabbed a picture that my daughter-in-law posted on her Instagram story of me with a skirt on with shorts underneath and some of my thigh showing. It was the Fourth of July and I was with my sons and their families and Ken. My legs were up on a footstool so more of my thigh shows than normal. (I have posted a picture of the jean skirt I was wearing that almost comes down to my knees when standing and I always wear shorts underneath it.)

When you go about making rules for what other women can wear (no bikinis, no short shorts, no yoga pants), don't be surprised when someone with even stricter rules comes back and tried to hold you accountable.

Modesty doesn't take a break on the 4th of July, unless there's some Bible verse I missed, and just for the record, that skirt doesn't come anywhere near your knees.  

If I knew my daughter-in-law was filming me and even if another man besides my sons or husband were around, I would have put my feet down on the ground but I didn’t know and had no clue that some woman would use it against me but this is what they do. They search and scour everything I write and every picture they can find about me (even from my children and their spouses) to try to destroy my ministry and make me into a hypocrite.

Kind of like how you searched through your pictures until you found the one of your son's classmates in their prom dresses, and then used it to demonstrate how immodest they were?

If you aren't a hypocrite, there shouldn't be any pictures or quotes to find.  No one makes you a hypocrite, you do that all by yourself.

A couple of months back, Lori said:

However, it’s good to call them out if they are claiming to be a Christian and not living according to His Word. 

It's good to call people out- as long as by "people" you don't mean Lori.

I never wear low-cut tops, bikinis, short shorts, or a short skirt or dress. 

Never wears low-cut tops, she says?  Where is the picture of the navy top?  You know, the one that ends right at the navel.  And as for short skirts, well, I think this most recent picture disproves that.

I listen to godly men and what they consider immodest and dress accordingly. 

Seems to me like she would see what scripture has to say, because I know many "godly" men who would say that Lori dresses very immodestly.

I have heard that some men have foot fetishes but this doesn’t mean we can never go barefoot. This is a problem with the men and yes, there are men who are perverts and will lust no matter what women wear but this isn’t our problem. It’s theirs

Well, that's a complete turn around from her post last week.  

So let me get this straight.  If a man lusts after a woman in yoga pants, it's just the way God made him, and the woman is partially responsible for his sin.

If a man lusts after a woman who is exposing her thigh, they are perverts, and it's their problem, not Lori's.

Got it.

I am careful with what I see, what I wear, and what I do but my standards may not be the same as yours and this is okay. This is where our freedom in Christ comes; not to walk in sin, but to walk in obedience according to His Word, not legalism.

Does this apply to women who wear yoga pants, Lori?  CHRISTIAN FREEDOM, amiright!?!?!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived