IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

I don't go out a lot, but when I do I wear pajama pants, a casual shirt of some kind.  Never a t-shirt or button down.  Underware and socks.

If people don't like it they can fuck right off and look some place else.  You are damn right I dress for comfort and I'm not going to dress to please Lori and chance a scar being rubbed open from binding garments chaffing on an old incision.  I am DONE with wounds, thankyouverymuch.

I get a lot of compliments on my sock collection.  No one has ever commented on any of my other attire.  

I do have a few maxi dresses.  I got one when I had the horrible burn on my back and really liked it, so got a couple more for butt wound recovery.  Then I realized the new ones I got were VERY sheer.  So I need to find a full slip to go under those before I wear them out in public.  I figured I'll worry when it gets colder out and I can stand layers.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erma.PNG.8d013b9d91a25134a5f1bd20cd2c6181.PNG

How easy for Erma to say. I bet she is a happily married woman. So easy to sit on your perch and say all you need is Jesus when you have everything else. Why the hell do these women marry then if all you need is Jesus?

I was thinking just today while in the shower that women are better off when their husband dies as far as your social standing in the Christian community. Also, how terrible that you are married till "death till you part". That you aren't married in heaven I guess. But have a cheating or abusive husband and the marriage gets to go on forever. Way to make people look forward to death or even kill themselves. 

Lori deleted Lyndsey and Barbara. Barbara obviously, but Lyndsey is a surprise...heck she told Barbara not to hate.  But the way it stands now, only Lori indeed is allowed to use the hate word.

28 minutes ago, Jellybean said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_5399.thumb.PNG.f2ad108c1cd4b4848688b3e52639f928.PNG

These are shorts...

Shorts? I must be old and uncool, because to me, that's a pair of panties.

31 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Shorts? I must be old and uncool, because to me, that's a pair of panties.

As my grandma would've said, you can see all the way up to her hams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "shorts" refers to "underwear" in Britain.

I wear maxi skirts most of the time. Most of them are a very soft cotton knit (like a t-shirt material). When I wear those I can pretty much sit any way I like and NOTHING shows. The skirts are loose enough that I can sit indian style and the skirt completely covers my legs. If you're looking for "modest"...well...my skirts are incredibly comfortable and don't stop me from sitting however I please (I hit Saver's pretty hard regularly looking for skirts like this) Right now I'm wearing a tank top and no bra but we have no plans to go anywhere. IF we were to go somewhere tonight (which I doubt), I'd probably at least put a bra on under my tank top. I'm comfortable, everything is covered and that's all that counts...FOR ME! Y'all do y'all...my fat, scarred, skin fkd up self does me. 

Lori seems to be convicted by Submissive's comments that she wrote a new post explaining her modest photo.

Now Lori is copying and pasting comments in her blog to her own reply. This is from her post "No, I am Not Ultra-Conservative". Please feel free to copy and paste in your blog and page.

image.jpg

Here's a photo of Lori and her family in a wedding with Lori in a low cut dress.

image.jpg

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. 

Take your lick like a grown ass woman Lori! Truth be told, you're not a bad looking broad. If your fella likes you on certain things, say that... And stop. Stop going after women who's men like them the same way. My fella likes tight tee shirts, do I wear them out often, nope. But if we're together going to a local joint for some drinks & music...I'll wear one. It's dim, smokey, & loud; no ones paying attention & I don't need to defend myself. 

Its really easy to go for beach walks after the crowed has gone home for the day & all that's left are the hippies & surfers. Hell, the hippies wear skirts longer than yours. 

You. Do. Not. Practice. What. You. Preach. 

That's all we're saying.

@feministxtian - Maxi skirts!!

My sources are Walmart and shops that sell clothes from Nepal, India, South America, etc.

All of my skirts are ankle-length - or very close to it - because I love that swishy-swishy, girly look.

My favorite skirt is a cotton/poly blend that looks, feels, and moves like thick t-shirt fabric. I got it a few years ago at Walmart and wish that I'd bought a dozen of them. Best. Skirt. Ever.

The older I get, the less I wear shorts. I've always been pale, and varicose veins are juuuust starting to appear here and there. So I stick with jeans or maxi skirts, unless I'm hiking (convertible pants), or it's super hot and we're going to a picnic (shorts that are knee-length or close to it).

I haven't worn anything that could be classified as "short" since I was a young-20-something. (Note: My definition of "short" is quite different from the contemporary definition.)

Since I'm such a short person, most skirts fall into maxi territory for me. Thankfully I like the fact my legs don't stick to the car-seat when I drive so I'm happy wearing them for the non-snowy part of a Canadian year.

1 minute ago, BlackSheep said:

My sources are Walmart and shops that sell clothes from Nepal, India, South America, etc.

I hit Savers (thrift store) here fairly often. I have links to a couple of online shops that I'd LOVE to order from but lack the $$. I think the most I've paid for a skirt is 10 bucks. I quit wearing shorts quite a while ago. They just made my skin issues worse. It seems that anything with a seam that touches the inside of my thighs just makes things worse. I have a few of those gauzy gypsy/hippie skirts and tops too...I think I got those at another thrift store. 

I LOVE thrift shops. Heck, I even got an almost new desk chair at one for like 13 bucks! I'm cheap as hell and admit it! IKEA had a great deal on a set of pots and pans last summer...nice heavy stainless pots and lids for like 50 bucks, 6 place setting dishes for 20 bucks, and bar towels for 79cents each (I bought like 10 of 'em). I get a lot of food from the 99 cent store...bread, fruit, tea mix, toilet paper and paper towels. I do the 10 for 10 dollar specials too at the grocery store. 

Hell, i oughta start a blog on how to go cheap w/o clipping coupons. 

15 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Thrift stores rock.

If you start that blog, I'll subscribe.

Just now, BlackSheep said:

Thrift stores rock.

5 outfits for 18 bucks was my best score. I found the "ritzy" Savers in the ritzy part of town. I WILL be going back! Thing is, I need more clothes and shoes like I need a hole in my head. I MIGHT go look for a decent "winter" jacket/coat for the month or so it gets right chilly here. I also may go look for a 2nd computer monitor (very useful for when I'm doing freelance work). I'm tempted to see if I can score an ipad or tablet. Mine gave up the ghost. 

44 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Another HUGE thrift store shopper here. I would follow the hell out of your blog if you started one.:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

32 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

5 outfits for 18 bucks was my best score. I found the "ritzy" Savers in the ritzy part of town. I WILL be going back! Thing is, I need more clothes and shoes like I need a hole in my head. I MIGHT go look for a decent "winter" jacket/coat for the month or so it gets right chilly here. I also may go look for a 2nd computer monitor (very useful for when I'm doing freelance work). I'm tempted to see if I can score an ipad or tablet. Mine gave up the ghost. 

Have a garage sale then spend the money at the thrift store! It's the ciiiircle oooooffff liiiiffffeee....

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Have a garage sale then spend the money at the thrift store! It's the ciiiircle oooooffff liiiiffffeee....

are you kidding? That's way too much like work! I just pack up the shit and take it to the thrift store...sorta trade it for other shit!!! Donations get me 20% off...and they have a 50% off certain colored tag days. Hit the tags that are 50% off, use the 20% coupon...presto-magico - 70% off!!!

42 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

are you kidding? That's way too much like work! I just pack up the shit and take it to the thrift store...sorta trade it for other shit!!! Donations get me 20% off...and they have a 50% off certain colored tag days. Hit the tags that are 50% off, use the 20% coupon...presto-magico - 70% off!!!

They do the coupon as 20% off the original price on 50% off day? Thrift stores here it'd be off the sale price. Now I wonder if the Vacaville one is any good...

naw...there's the color tag that's 50% off...scoop up a bunch of that stuff, give 'em the 20% off donating coupon at the register. 50% + 20% = 70%. How do you think I scored 5 outfits for just over 18 bucks (with tax)?

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "shorts" refers to "underwear" in Britain.

Nope. It's just the shape of them - the picture is lingerie, but the shape is described as shorts, as opposed to French (also shorts shape but usually looser and made of silk), bikini, thong, etc. 

I was just trying to point out that the website says 'shorts' which might be enough for our poor Lori.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived