IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her readers are uneducated so she can toss out slander and it sounds like a big scary legal thing and they just take her word for it. That it must mean what she says it means.

I think Ken told her she better respond because book sales.

Yeah, if she had on shorts with the skirt, then they needed to be surgically removed.  And to think she probably hit the publish button on her modestly post while wearing that get up.

20 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

This quote from Lori Alexander is rather revealing (sorry). Lori listens to godly men who tell her what is immodest and she takes 

Also it is indeed possible that Lori was wearing shorts under that skirt, but they were not as long as we had been expecting. Something along the line of French knickers, perhaps?

Normall I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but in March she stated that she wears these shorts under that skirt, and I simply see no way they could be hiding in that pic. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010VP4FZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In one of her yoga pants posts:

They don’t care about all the men who will see them and either have to look away or possibly lust. They don’t care about the grandparents who will see them and wonder what happened to having manners and putting proper clothes on for the day. 

Funny she just said that what she was wearing and how she was sitting was because she was with male relatives. But what would her grandparents think?

More:

We should look different than the women of our day and dress in a way that brings glory to the Lord, not dishonor

She doesn't look different at all. Looking different than everyone else means long skirts. She thinks though she looks different than everyone else in southern CA. Hardly, not everyone there is walking around in thongs. Thong swimsuits are such an 80s thing btw I am amazed anyone wears them. 

"We should care about our clothing, how it affects others, and how others perceive us.  We don’t live for ourselves and our own comfort. We aren’t selfish – looking out for number one. No, we’re looking out for others and care about them and yes, even their husbands."

Does she care about how we perceive her, lol. Nope we are just a bunch of God haters who don't count. 

I think Lori was sitting in that position for her own comfort right?

9 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Normall I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but in March she stated that she wears these shorts under that skirt, and I simply see no way they could be hiding in that pic. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010VP4FZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She buys shorts (and I'd argue that those are more like spanx than actual shorts) that have the word sexy several times in the description?   Color me surprised.

Those look a lot like leggings/yoga pants type "shorts."  I thought she meant actual shorts.  Wearing spanx under your clothes has nothing to do with modesty for most women....just saying.

All that aside, there is NO way those shorts are under that skirt (that I'm still not 100% convinced is a skirt)

moreflesh.thumb.PNG.36701f84414a741a7dab012e5798cc49.PNG

The more flesh a woman shows the more they lust! Straight from Lori there. And lets see it was honest men then and now she says godly men. So if a man admits that lots of flesh doesn't cause him to lust he must be a liar then when really he just has his self in check.

24 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Let's play a game - What Would You Write or Draw In The Blank Spot?

Hide contents

IMG_3765.PNG.364a7b171869f0a0986072fe3620a433.PNG

Peep show. 

I don't think it's a skirt either.  I have a pair of wide leg almost short shorts I wear when it's hotter than GA asphalt in GA and at the pool.   I have been known to sit like Lori is in the pic.

And yet my shorts do not show my butt cheek, so I have to wonder just how short those shorts are?

If ...  on the off chance ... she is wearing a skirt she has it hiked up and there are no spandex bike shorts underneath.

And ... although I don't like to contemplate the thought at all -- since we can see Lori's butt cheek, she must be wearing rather skimpy panties.

No granny panty for her.  Not modest at all.

Adding: Caption -- Made you look  

I try, I really, REALLY try to give the maximum possible benefit of doibt , sometimes beyond a reasonable point, but even extending the very maximum here the fact remains:  Aunt Lori is telling women that they must be modest, and by her own rigid standard she is not doing it herself. There is a word for that do as I say, not as I do type of person. That word is hypocrite. Even Jesus had very low tolerance for her type. 

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

Like @polecat, I grew up with an understanding that it was ladylike to sit upright with both feet flat on the floor and knees and ankles together. Despite decades of practice, I find it uncomfortable to sit like this and generally curl up into an armchair. While not very ladylike, there is no risk of unwanted exposure as I almost always wear trousers or jeans.

I should have added (and didn't think until later when I wasn't anywhere that I could amend my statement) that I tend to curl up when I sit, too. In fact, my mom was constantly lecturing me about my sitting habits because I *was* such a bad student, lol. But it's no biggie today because I don't wear dresses constantly, and even when I do, I wear leggings under them so there's no risk of indecent exposure (although I do make an attempt to sit decently in dresses and skirts). 

Personally, I don't care how people dress or how they sit, but I do care how they act. And Mrs. Alexander acts like someone I wouldn't want anywhere near anyone I care about.

There's nothing wrong with having standards as long as you don't impose them on others. Or lie about your own standards. Or make excuses when you're caught. Or just lie in general then cover it up.

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

There's nothing wrong with having standards as long as you don't impose them on others. Or lie about your own standards. Or make excuses when you're caught. Or just lie in general then cover it up.

And there is really nothing wrong with how Lori is dressed or how she is sitting.  She brought the criticism on herself.

The whole excuse that she was around only male relatives kind of bothers me. 

Now that we are empty nesters, I will walk around the house in my nightgown and no bra, wear a shorter-than-normal dress if we are not going out, etc. But when my adult son or son-in-law is here - in fact when any of our family is here- I put on a robe, throw some leggings on under my dress and just take a little extra care in being covered. We sit around and play board games on the floor, squeeze onto the same couch to watch movies and stuff. Not only do I not want to flash my kids, THEY don't want to see their mother (in law) in that way.  They don't want to see up my skirt. It would embarrass them as much as it would embarrasss me. 

I am more comfortable with my dresses hitting no highter than the middle of my knee cap. Any shorter and I add leggings. I like the look, too, so it's no big deal for me. 

I agree with others that Lori probably was not wearing shorts of any kind under that "skirt." I think she was wearing wide-leg shorts and was flashing her family unintentionally.  Her post really screams of desperation to save her image. A little humility would have helped bit it's Lori, so....

Finally, what a bitch to throw her daughter in law under the bus. "If I had known my daughter in law was filming....." Yeah, right. What kind of example is that of an older woman, to outright lie to make someone else look bad?   I thought it was interesting that right after this started she asked the chat room members to talk about their mothers-in-law. I think Lori is in deep doo doo with Steven and she is looking for a way to make herself out to be in the right. At least I hope she's in trouble with Steven. He should not allow her to treat his wife this way. 

So she wears something under her skirt with this description

"Sexy Basics Womens 3 Pack Sheer & Sexy Cotton Spandex Boyshort Yoga Bike Shorts"

"sexy", LOL. "yoga", LOL. So, what is the point, if your legs happen to spread open or a gust of wind lifts your skirt people are then seeing you in sexy yoga pants, hahaha! The very things she writes against.  Just let them see the panties!

1 hour ago, BlackSheep said:

Let's play a game - What Would You Write or Draw In The Blank Spot?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3765.PNG.364a7b171869f0a0986072fe3620a433.PNG

Cheeky!

11 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Finally, what a bitch to throw her daughter in law under the bus. "If I had known my daughter in law was filming....." Yeah, right. What kind of example is that of an older woman, to outright lie to make someone else look bad?   I thought it was interesting that right after this started she asked the chat room members to talk about their mothers-in-law. I think Lori is in deep doo doo with Steven and she is looking for a way to make herself out to be in the right. At least I hope she's in trouble with Steven. He should not allow her to treat his wife this way. 

Ken is waving to the camera in the picture. I call shenanigans that Lori didn't know Emily was filming, but maybe just maybe she didn't. 

This is not the first passive-aggressive swipe* she's taken at Emily, imo, but I think this time was a little more aggressive than passive. 

*This whole letter just struck me as something she wrote to remind Emily of her place in the family -- if it were anyone else, maybe not, but from Madame Lori, just all the nopes.

yogacomfort.thumb.PNG.471d2fcb351b613946d9e5fd9bd03cb0.PNG

Here in the above we have Lori talking about how yoga pants are horrible because we wear them for comfort. The quoted part is from an article she agrees with. How terrible to make comfort our first priority!

Then compare that with this

Inkedyogacomfort2_LI.thumb.jpg.0a462c4eb84f9fb9eebfa5703cc1fd02.jpg

Here she is happy that Ken likes her skirt because its COMFORTABLE! That's horrible her putting her comfort first. She should be forced to stick it out in jeans and not be so selfish about her comfort.

Then she likes sexy yoga bike shorts because COMFORT, but if you wear sexy yoga pants with no skirt over for comfort you are horrible and causing men to sin. 

The logic over all of this is stunning. I got dizzy even typing this up. 

barbara.PNG.06f5addd8c3b7673d1bfdab7a726d43f.PNG

WOW!!! Lori is the one throwing the hate word around. Barbara is only responding to Lori's accusations that everyone else hates God. TELL LORI its a harsh word!!!! 

I wear a Spanx-type garment under my skirts and dresses if I am not wearing leggings. I get them at Walmart and they are not as binding as some but smooth things out a bit and give a little coverage if a gust of wind catches my skirt.  Most of my friends wear something like that; so Lori does not have a monopoly on modesty. It is a frqequent joke for my circle of friends after church or at parties. "I think I needed three spanx with this dress."  "Anybody ready to go to the restroom and take off their spanx?"  Even my daughter wears them and usually asks to borrow one of mine when she comes home.  I wonder if Lori has ever entered a Walmart. Probably not. She cannot be our amongst the unwashed masses AND she doesn't have to worry about a budget. 

43 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I thought it was interesting that right after this started she asked the chat room members

where is this chat room?

14 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

where is this chat room?

Oh it's super secret and we can only receive summaries of what is written there. It is through Facebook and Lori even has an application one must fill out in order to be considered. Because Jesus would filter out the riff raff like that, ya know. 

It's amazing what a difference 1 picture and 5 days can make.

Lori 5 days ago:

First of all, all men who lust aren’t perverts. 

Today:

there are men who are perverts and will lust no matter what women wear 

I think what she's saying is:

Yoga pants aren't okay, and it's your fault if you make a man lust by wearing them.

Sitting in a short skirt in a way that shows your ass is okay...if you're Lori.  If a man lusts, it's his problem, not Lori's.

Are they really trying to argue that showing your ass is modest?

5 days ago:

We are warned not to cause others to stumble and when a woman dresses so a lot of her flesh is showing and the clothes are tight-fitting, she will easily cause men to stumble so yes, she is partly responsible for their sin.

Lori today:

this isn’t our problem. It’s theirs. 

Lori 5 days ago:

Women get all hysterical about this. They don’t want to take any blame and they act as if this is shaming them. It’s all about them and what they want and heaven forbid anyone explains to them the truth of men’s struggles. I don’t understand this because to me, I clearly know that men are attracted to immodestly dressed women and it can cause them to lust, therefore, I dress modestly. I don’t feel any shame about it and I certainly don’t want to be blamed for causing men to stumble so I cover up.

Hysterical, she says?

Lori today:

It is Him they are fighting and it's a battle that was already won at the cross.

The battle for Lori Alexander's short skirts: Won at the cross

Just because we hate your petty message and hypocrisy does not mean we hate God, Jesus or religion.

Don't be ridiculous Lori.  Disagreeing with someone who uses a tiny part of the Bible to promote themselves is not hating Him.  I personally never connected with Jesus, even being raised Catholic and remaining so into my 20's,  but I respect and honor those that do.   I do connect with a higher power, a higher purpose.  That is what I got out of religious services.  And as a pagan witch who favors the Druids, I still feel that very same connection.  

Having zero religion or spirituality does not equal a bad/lost person either, often quite the opposite.  Just be.  It's all good as long as you don't hurt anyone,  to me.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived