IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

11 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Has Cassi's child turned 1 yet? I would love for some clueless  fan girl to ask Lori how Cassi's dental student husband is able to support a family of four. 

I would also like to know how a student is able to support a family of four, especially at this stage. Diapers alone are expensive. Preparing for a new baby - even the second one - can be expensive just because of the prenatal care. I hope Lori's daughter IS receiving pre-natal care. 

I think this is the daughter that we all believe is being supported by Ken and Lori?? I have always wondered ( if this is true) how Lori believes that matches with her idea that a man is to work hard to be a provider. Receiving a monthly allowance from your in-laws is not "providing."  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today:

The infant needs all of their needs taken care of and the warmth of a mother to bond with and a teenager needs a mother at home to guide and encourage them through the turbulent teenage years.

The guest post a few days ago:

Also, the oh-so-common phenomena of the “teenage years” is unique to America and NEW – originating in the last 50 years- referring to the time of intense clashing between parent and child. It has originated because at this age the “child” is not meant to be a child anymore.

The teenage years are just a "phenomena"! They don't really exist or shouldn't exist. If you marry your kids off at 16 then you don't need to be at home for those turbulent years.  They aren't meant to be a child anymore so why does the mom need to stay home?

9 hours ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

So instead of deleting Mykal and his creepy sleaze, Lori gets rid of Jilly's reply.IMG_1440.thumb.PNG.bb02b57c2a5765afc17b69bdf6fcfbf0.PNG

LOL, Jilly. My 13.5 year old just showed me some doll clothes she made for a Barbie. She did a good job, too. She is still very much a child and needs to be reminded to shower! Should I tell her she should be out husband-hunting so she can marry at 16? 

Again her post today has no citations. Where is the proof these famous feminists had terrible moms? Does anyone know if this is true?

Off the bat google turned up this for Freidan:

Bettye Naomi Goldstein was born on February 4, 1921, in Peoria, Illinois. Her father, Harry Goldstein, an immigrant from Russia, owned a jewelry store; her mother, Miriam (Horwitz) Goldstein, gave up her position as editor of the women’s page of the local paper to raise her family. Bettye attended Smith College, majoring in psychology and editing the college newspaper. Under her stewardship, the paper became a forum for the fight against fascism abroad and in favor of union organizing at home. She graduated summa cum laude in 1942.

https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/friedan-betty

BETTY FRIEDAN: My father had a fancy jewelry store, like sort of Tiffany's for that part of the Middle West. And my mother was technically a housewife. I mean, she had been the women's page editor of the Peoria paper and she had loved that. And she could hardly wait for me to get into junior high school to get me to try out for the school paper. And she was obviously a bright woman with a lot of my energy. [W]e were comfortably middle class. And so, except for the Depression, there was sometimes a maid and a cook and so on. [My mother] did everything that women were supposed to do, and she did it very well: golf, tennis, bridge, Mah Jongg, shopping. 

And, you know, when people, reporters, historians, [ask] why me, why did I start the women's movement, I can't point to any major episodes of sexual discrimination in my early life. But I was so aware of the crime, the shame that there was no use of my mother's ability and energy. And I think her frustration . . . she was a beautiful woman and she was a very able woman. But she spent a lot of time in bed with colitis, and she dominated her husband and made her children's life slightly miserable. 

And when my father was much older, began to have serious heart trouble, and he taught my mother how to run the business. And she had to start seriously working at running the [business]. Her colitis disappeared, you know. 

http://www.pbs.org/fmc/interviews/friedan.htm

The worst she has to say about her mom is she was sick and dominated husband, LOL, like Lori!! 

But LOOK, she only became an evil career business woman because her husband got sick!!!

But she spent a lot of time in bed with colitis, and she dominated her husband and made her children's life slightly miserable. 

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but... :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Lori, look in the damned mirror!! :pb_rollseyes:

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

brian.thumb.PNG.8761d8e1e3a5abdcea4c6bdcb0db326c.PNG

It's gone already. Lori's flexing her delete finger again.:pb_rollseyes:

Hmmmm but she seems to like Brian. I guess on too many disagreements. Why post in first place?

UPDATE - I still see it.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

LOL, Jilly. My 13.5 year old just showed me some doll clothes she made for a Barbie. She did a good job, too. She is still very much a child and needs to be reminded to shower! Should I tell her she should be out husband-hunting so she can marry at 16? 

I'm curious, as a mom to an almost 13 yr old, does your kid manage to wash the shampoo completely out of his/her hair? My kid's hair comes out looking greasier after a shower than before. She doesn't rinse well & it drives me nuts. I manage to bite my tongue mostly but I seriously wonder what she is doing in there! And she goes through conditioner like crazy. Same with shave gel, that she just started using last month. How can you use a whole bottle in 1 shower? I think she's using it give herself a fake beard & mustache.

so yes, some teens are all gung-ho to have romances & act adult but plenty of other kids are not. Other teens need to be reminded to apply soap to their bodies in the shower, instead of just singing & goofing off. So not ready...

Brian's comments from "Were We Created to Marry Young?" have been deleted. SHOCKING.

Here is what I don't understand about Lori (well one of a long list of things, really).  She moderates all the comments on every venue.  So why let comments through that you are just going to delete?  It makes no sense, it is twice the work AND it shows what a flaming hypocrite you are, particularly when you know that there are people taking screenshots to prove that you are deleting comments.

If she thinks it makes her look persecuted, it just makes her look stupid and hypocritical.  Not to mention, mean, vile and just an all around horrible human being.

My guess is that Ken is the one deleting Brian's comments. His responses to Brian are all very hateful. Ken sees others agreeing with Brian and commenting on his reasonable approach and he feels very threatened, in my opinion. 

He can allow idiots like Trey to comment because then Ken looks like the reasonable one. Brian, however, makes Ken look like the buffoon he is so, like a jealous middle schooler (and like his own wife), Ken does away with the competition by deleting. 

Ken doesn't care if male readers flatter Lori and give her a bunch of ridiculous attention but when FEMALE readers start admiring somebody other than himself, well that's not gonna fly. 

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Ken doesn't care if male readers flatter Lori and give her a bunch of ridiculous attention...

It's sort of a non-sexual cuckolding. When he sees other men admiring his wife, he feels more manly or something.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Hmmmm but she seems to like Brian. I guess on too many disagreements. Why post in first place?

UPDATE - I still see it.

That's because I was looking on Facebook, not on the blog. :pb_redface:  Sorry about that. His comment IS still up on the blog, and lucky him, Ken has answered! Not with anything that makes sense, but still. :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I'm curious, as a mom to an almost 13 yr old, does your kid manage to wash the shampoo completely out of his/her hair? My kid's hair comes out looking greasier after a shower than before.

I have a 13 yo boy here who does the same thing. He has long-ish hair, too, that he does *not* want to be cut. So ... yeah. I keep telling him that he needs to either take care of it or cut it. It feels like hygiene is a constant battle. 

16 minutes ago, BamPeterson said:

Lori will probably delete this one... 

20206143_577074896620_1422584597_n.jpg

Farm girl currently small scale homesteader here. It's hard work. Lori would never survive.

Why do they always assume women will/should love being a stay at home mom? If we ever have a baby or two; we already know that yea, I'll prolly have to stay home because Mr. has the better earning potential and childcare is so high, but it's something I'm kind of dreading, to be honest. But once they start a bit older then it'll be easier. Solely being a mom (or wife) has never been my "one true, highest &  most noble calling" of my heart. 

I know Lori is as dumb as a box of hair but this book she is talking about today was authored by a highly educated woman who also works as a psychologist. She seems like a very impressive woman to me; but Lori's belief system says she should not be promoting the work of such a "liberal" female. 

IMG_7523.PNG

Today's title: Feminists' Leaders Had Terrible Mothers

Lori discusses the title in a mere 2 paragraphs (see below), and provides no citations to her sources. The first paragraph below opens her post. The other paragraph begins with "Yes," as if the intervening paragraphs discussed HOW they had terrible mothers. That did not happen.

Conclusions:

1. Lori is a terrible writer. She can't construct a cohesive article with an introduction, supporting details, and a conclusion.
  2. Lori is an attention whore. She selects sensationalist titles just to get people to click.

Did you know that the modern feminist movement began with three women who had terrible childhoods. “How ironic that these three intelligent women (Betty Friedan, Germaine Greer, and Gloria Steinem), none of women is currently married, have so influenced our current notions of family and motherhood” (Dr. Brenda Hunter).

Yes, the three major women who began the modern feminists movement came from broken homes and had distant mothers. They had never experienced a warm and loving mother with intact parents. Yet, they were used by the enemy to cause dissatisfaction among millions of mothers who left their homes and gave their children the same lonely childhoods that these three women experienced. Tragic.

Ken says:

kenbettty.thumb.PNG.72d92cbe46b938ad5f5f7e2d8472e3ab.PNG

If you go to the wikipedia link Ken left out an important line in his quote. 

Here is the full quote

In her book, Friedan described a depressed suburban housewife who dropped out of college at the age of 19 to get married and raise four children.[13] She spoke of her own 'terror' at being alone, wrote that she had never once in her life seen a positive female role-model who worked outside the home and also kept a family, and cited numerous cases of housewives who felt similarly trapped. From her psychological background she criticized Freud's penis envy theory, noting a lot of paradoxes in his work, and offered some answers to women desirous of further education.[citation needed]

She "described". So Friedan is talking about someone else! She is talking about another woman spoke of terror. And of course if you know the book, she is talking about terror of being a housewife and feeling all alone, not the terror of being left alone as a child. 

OMG, how dumb can they be!! And WOW how they mislead their readers. When all you have is a hammer everything is a nail. 

Oh and Friedan graduated college. The person he is talking about dropped out of college, so it can't be Friedan at all. 

2 hours ago, polecat said:

I have a 13 yo boy here who does the same thing. He has long-ish hair, too, that he does *not* want to be cut. So ... yeah. I keep telling him that he needs to either take care of it or cut it. It feels like hygiene is a constant battle. 

I can remember around 12-13 for some reason I never wanted to brush my hair.  It was maybe just under shoulder length.  I think my reasoning had something to do with my mother, but it's been so long now that I have no idea why.  Anyway, peer pressure was the thing that finally got me to understand hygiene rules (mind you I washed my hair and was clean, in general).  One too many "rats nest" comments did the trick.  Don't despair, you will get through this season of life ;)

54 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Conclusions:

1. Lori is a terrible writer. She can't construct a cohesive article with an introduction, supporting details, and a conclusion.
  2. Lori is an attention whore. She selects sensationalist titles just to get people to click.

I'm currently about my first read through Lori's book.  Yesterday I was trying to decide what level it was written at.  At the beginning, I estimated 3rd grade, but she has picked up her game a little bit and I think it's probably 5th-6th grade.

She repeats herself...a lot.  The book could be 1/2 as many pages without all the repetition.

Also, she has managed to mention or discuss sex in every chapter so far.

I wonder if she thinks going viral is worth it now that she is getting a lot of attention from "haters and trolls" (aka people who disagree with her) vs her normal mostly fangirling.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived