IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

Because the 10 Commandments says Thou shalt not kill.

Because Jesus said Blessed are the peacemakers.

These peope are NOT Christian.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how to post pics from instagram but there's a rather terrifying one of Jeremy with a huge gun. Yikes. 

5 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I don't know how to post pics from instagram but there's a rather terrifying one of Jeremy with a huge gun. Yikes. 

Here you go 

IMG_4352.PNG

5 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Here ya go. Just copy and paste the URL of the pic (on the app, tap the three dots on the upper right corner of the pic and it will give you the option to copy the URL)

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:13 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Same here! It's maddening. I've heard that people rub deodorant on their thighs where they chafe and that helps, 

Go to amazon.com and search for chafing under sports.  You will find a whole host of products made for your issue.  Probably the glide-on stuff that is waterproof (runners often use this) will work best for your needs.

1 hour ago, Molly said:

IMG_4351.PNG

I'm proud of her trigger discipline! Good job, Jing!

I don't think gun enthusiasts are automatically 'not christian' or bad people. 

In fact, I think if they happen to live in a dangerous area than they really SHOULD know how to use a gun. Sometimes the police just aren't fast enough. 

4 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

In fact, I think if they happen to live in a dangerous area than they really SHOULD know how to use a gun. Sometimes the police just aren't fast enough. 

I'm impressed with her skill, that takes work.

5 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Really? Absolutely no one (civilian) ever needs to know how to shoot that ridiculously overcompensating monstrosity that Jeremy has. Ever. 

5 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

What stood out to me was that she looks so happy! Guns are not my thing and not really needed where I live but I can appreciate people securing themselves as long as they're being safe and responsible with them. 

1 minute ago, Nikedagain? said:

Really? Absolutely no one (civilian) ever needs to know how to shoot that ridiculously overcompensating monstrosity that Jeremy has. Ever. 

No but if they want to use it for sport, more power to them. 

Weighing in on guns: I'm as liberal as liberal goes. And guess what? I enjoy going to the shooting range from time to time and I like that I know how to handle a firearm. My dad owns a few guns and he and I go to the range to fire off some rounds when I go up to see my parents (who are also very liberal). At some point I'd like to try firing a gun like the one Jeremy's posing with, just to see what it's like. But I'm also very pro-gun control (no gun show sales, background checks and waiting periods for all sales, mandatory safety classes to or retain a license), and I'd be perfectly happy if those sorts of guns were only available for the military and maybe for rental at licensed, secure firing ranges.

But I guess I should turn in my Bleeding Heart Liberal card because I think it's fun to fire a handgun at a target sometimes.

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But I guess I should turn in my Bleeding Heart Liberal card because I think it's fun to fire a handgun at a target sometimes.

While I'm 90 percent liberal, gun's are my Achilles heel. And I agree, I don't think I should have to turn in my liberal card because I love guns of all sizes. Nor do I think I'm 'overcompensating' for something when I shoot a big scary looking gun. 

23 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Thank you. I am a big believer in strict gun control, but FFS, going to a target range doesn't make you "immoral."

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Thank you. I am a big believer in strict gun control, but FFS, going to a target range doesn't make you "immoral."

And it's not like when they were still at TTH, leaving a gun lying on the floor by a toddler Josie. THAT was disgusting. 

Today's stupid baseless conspiracy theory: did Jinger see Lawson (obviously her spurned ex) posing with his handgun on insta and respond with a photo of her new babe's humungous weapon?? SCANDALOUS.

Just now, nickelodeon said:

Today's stupid baseless conspiracy theory: did Jinger see Lawson (obviously her spurned ex) posing with his handgun on insta and respond with a photo of her new babe's humungous weapon?? SCANDALOUS.

She can't be the only one to enjoy Babe's humungous weapon...or his gun. 

6 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

And it's not like when they were still at TTH, leaving a gun lying on the floor by a toddler Josie. THAT was disgusting. 

THAT pissed me off more than owning/using guns. Leaving a gun, even if it was "just" a BB gun or air rifle, unsecured on the floor where a young child could get at it (or someone could trip over it), is incredibly stupid and irresponsible. And don't get me started on the idiots who keep their loaded firearms in their purses and then leave said purses in reach of their curious toddlers. I think there was some story a year or two ago about a two-year-old who got into his mom's purse, found her handgun, and shot his own mom.

When I was growing up, I wasn't allowed NEAR my dad's guns until I had it drilled into my skull that guns are ALWAYS considered loaded and treated as such even if they're stored properly (unloaded in a locked container out of reach of children, ammo separate from the gun and preferably stored in a box, not loose). Guns are not pointed at anything you are not completely fine with killing/destroying (my dad once chewed me out for setting an unloaded, "broken" shotgun on a bench with the muzzle pointed towards someone). Children are not allowed near a gun unless an adult is closely supervising them at all times. I was taught to respect guns as tools of destruction, not as fun toys.

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

. Guns are not pointed at anything you are not completely fine with killing/destroying (my dad once chewed me out for setting an unloaded, "broken" shotgun on a bench with the muzzle pointed towards someone). 

That's exactly why I'm so proud of Jing for her trigger discipline. Nowadays you can go on social media and see all sorts of idiots posing with thier guns pointed at friends or kids with their finger on the trigger. It drives me insane!! Everyone thinks an accident will never happen o them until it does. 

Meh. I'm not a fan of firearms, but I don't have any issues with people using them responsibly if they want or need to. Question for our Firearms/military folk:

Is it common to refer to civilians as sharpshooters? The only time I've heard it used was in reference to the military. I'm assuming JinJer used it appropriately and I just haven't been around gun enthusiasts enough.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Is it common to refer to civilians as sharpshooters? The only time I've heard it used was in reference to the military. I'm assuming JinJer used it appropriately and I just haven't been around gun enthusiasts enough.

I'm gonna say no. But maybe Jinger is just proud of how well she shoots. 

I used to enjoy archery a long time ago, I think I might enjoy shooting at a target too. I do believe in strict gun control laws. We have a gun that I don't know how to use, locked in a safe, without ammo. I don't think it will help much in an emergency. Most break ins in my area are kids. Usually they target unlocked cars. I'm not going to shoot a kid over some pocket money.

I have a hard time snarking on JinJer for firing guns responsibly in a safe, designated area. I'm not into guns, I'm for strict gun control, and I would personally never want one in my home. With that said, I wouldn't mind going to a shooting range to just give it a try. I think that their beliefs and interpretations of the bible make them shitty and immoral people, not them using guns responsibly. 

American's and guns is honestly one of the most confusing aspects of your culture to me.

So other than saying at least it is in a reasonably controlled setting, I'm not getting involved on this one!

2 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

American's and guns is honestly one of the most confusing aspects of your culture to me.

So other than saying at least it is in a reasonably controlled setting, I'm not getting involved on this one!

I see both sides. To an outsider, gun ranges must look bizarrre and an unhealthy part of gun culture. 

The ultra liberal gun control supporter (but also defender of 2nd amendment) in me would never own a gun but would secretly enjoy learning to shoot at a gun range. There is something strangely seductive and empowering (and terrifying) I imagine in firing a gun - which does say something about our culture. But then you leave hat behind. It's kind of like sky diving I imagine is thrilling. Or people like paintball that emphasizes warfare strategies. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived