IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Pikes Peak or Bust?

Coconut Flan

When I saw that they were honeymooning in Switzerland, my first thought was about  the Bugs Bunny cartoon about climbing the 'Schmatterhorn' and '50000 Cronkites!"

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

'50000 Cronkites!"

I just chocked on my gum!  I love Bugs Bunny. 

I think Austin flips houses as an income as well, which would also be a job that would allow for extended periods away from it. (Allowing for, of course, that TLC is probably paying for the honeymoon).

I'm thinking that Austin will be like Jeremy and have an income outside of the TLC show.

Honeymooning in Switzerland is pretty sweet, man.  Guess she might as well have some fun before she comes back home and starts having babies.

So were those mountain pictures in Switzerland too or somewhere else?

Either way, I wish TLC would've foot the bill for my honeymoon. :pb_lol: 

I think that the previous pictures were in Colorado as speculated since some people even saw them there... my guess is they weren't filmed there since they didn't release an exclusive tlc video and just posted selfies... then they left for Switzerland with the camera crew

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think that the previous pictures were in Colorado as speculated since some people even saw them there... my guess is they weren't filmed there since they didn't release an exclusive tlc video and just posted selfies... then they left for Switzerland with the camera crew

That is what is what I think, they got a real private honeymoon, and the TLC one.  I'm betting Austin hasn't gotten to travel a whole lot so he wants to go out and enjoy everything before he's stuck playing baby daddy to eleventy kids. 

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yeah, I can see them spending a few days at a rented/borrowed cabin near Colorado Springs - lots of fundie/conservative Christians in the area. A few days of peace and quiet with plenty of alone time both indoors and out.

17 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think that's rather smart of them.  Rather than just a couple of days to adjust to being married before being filmed, they appear to have taken a longer time.   That will hopefully make the filming of the second part of the honeymoon feel less invasive.

So now they are in Switzerland? This is one heck of a honeymoon! Guess it's being filmed after all. 
http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-honeymoon-switzerland/

Is it just me or does something seem off about Joy in that video? She just doesn't seem happy or madly in love. It looks like Austin adores her, but I don't get the same vibe from her. Anyone else thinking the same?

Is it just me or does something seem off about Joy in that video? She just doesn't seem happy or madly in love. It looks like Austin adores her, but I don't get the same vibe from her. Anyone else thinking the same?

From the promo of Austin asking her to court, she didn't seem as thrilled as her sisters. I never saw the episode though so I can't say what actually happened.

It is so nice that a pair of unemployed kids can have a European honeymoon. 

Being working adults, my husband and I got 2 days a whopping 34 miles from home. Eight years later and we still haven't had a vacation longer than 5 days and 2 days are always spent driving. 

11 minutes ago, Penny said:

That shirt Austin has on is not appropriate to wear in another country. 

Easy way to identify themselves as "ugly Americans"

23 minutes ago, Lulu22du said:

She seems relatively happy to me. She is squinting a lot from the sun; maybe that's why you're getting an off vibe from her? But I think it's hard to tell someone's overall emotion from a 1 minute video clip. I wouldn't put too much stock into it either way.

I will say I agree that Austin looks happier and more relaxed in this clip than in previous ones we've seen. Hopefully we can put to rest the thought that he's a creepy robot. I bet he just needed time to get comfortable in front of the camera...

I'm happy for them that they can at least have an experience far from home together. That's where my happiness ends. I'm sure Joy has never left the country unless it was for "mission work" or with the entirety of her siblings.

Evidently the "come and take it" thing is a reference to the Texas revolution against Mexico, but naturally it's become a slogan for gun rights etc. However, given that Austin is weirdly obsessed with the state of Texas (has he ever lived there???) he's probably wearing it as a reference to the former.

22 minutes ago, Lulu22du said:

Just you, every time we see one of the girls women not crazy eye stare at their headship we assume they aren't happy. I just don't think Joy is a gushy type girl, yes she's a crier, as am I, but I'm not  over the top, demonstrative about my affection for my spouse either, I never have been.  Also we don't know how long they have been there, jet lag, maybe she was just in awe of her surroundings, maybe she was tired, maybe this was the 10th take of that shot and she was annoyed, or maybe she just didn't feeling like going BAAAAAAAAAAABE ala Jinger.  

This speculation bus is constant and annoying (and not even remotely just you) , just because a fundy isn't being stereotypical fundy like doesn't mean something is wrong. 

9 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I will say I agree that Austin looks happier and more relaxed in this clip than in previous ones we've seen. Hopefully we can put to rest the thought that he's a creepy robot. I bet he just needed time to get comfortable in front of the camera...

Or more likely he needed to get away from their crazy parents and get laid.  Vulgar yes, but he's a 23 yr old man who wasn't allowed to touch himself because SIN!  Sexual frustration is a very real thing and it can make people cranky and stiff (pun intended). 

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Or more likely he needed to get away from their crazy parents and get laid.  Vulgar yes, but he's a 23 yr old man who wasn't allowed to touch himself because SIN!  Sexual frustration is a very real thing and it can make people cranky and stiff (pun intended). 

Is that what he meant by "the moment I said I do it's just a huge burden off my shoulder".... :my_dodgy:

What a weird thing to say.

20 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Being working adults, my husband and I got 2 days a whopping 34 miles from home. Eight years later and we still haven't had a vacation longer than 5 days and 2 days are always spent driving. 

We planned our wedding so quickly, there wasn't time to fund or plan a honeymoon. And in almost 14 years, we've never had even an overnight trip by ourselves, or a true vacation, just trips "home" to visit family. I can't spite Joy and Austin, or anyone else for that matter, for that. 

As far as any of us know, Austin IS a working adult.

29 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

This is something I've questioned as well...were the honeymoons gifts or paid for with wedding gift funds?  Or were they factored into the wedding budget by the parents?  I've been married twice and never had a honeymoon so I'm really not sure what the regular protocol is much less what fundie protocol is on such a thing.  

18 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Evidently the "come and take it" thing is a reference to the Texas revolution against Mexico, but naturally it's become a slogan for gun rights etc. However, given that Austin is weirdly obsessed with the state of Texas (has he ever lived there???) he's probably wearing it as a reference to the former.

I'm pretty sure he was born there and moved to arkansas 15 years ago when he met joy

17 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I think a gun rights/individual rights shirt is pretty fitting in Switzerland.

I understand completely why you would say this, but that shirt is a completely inappropriate thing to wear -- as a tourist -- in a country where one is already looked at with some bias, as an American.

People who wear crap like that in other countries are part of the reason Americans have such a shitty reputation.

When in Rome...  applies.

This speculation bus is constant and annoying (and not even remotely just you) , just because a fundy isn't being stereotypical fundy like doesn't mean something is wrong. 

Yeah but isn't that what FJ is about, speculation? There's very few posters on here (and maybe none) that can say they know the Duggars. It's like walking on eggshells on this message board, so easy to piss people off over a group of people they don't even know.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived