IGNORED

Racists Caught on Tape

47of74

More Iowa Nice on display

Zoom bombers deployed racial slurs, racist depictions, violent threats and swastikas Friday evening during an online meeting with Black Democratic state representatives ahead of the 2022 legislative session, according to organizers of the event.

Iowa Reps. Ras Smith of Waterloo and Phyllis Thede of Bettendorff; Iowa Democratic Party Chair Ross Wilburn, who's also a state representative from Ames; and Iowa Democratic Party Black Caucus Chair Al Womble were meeting with the group Progress Iowa to discuss legislative priorities for the 2022 session and how the public can get involved. 

About halfway through the meeting, the Zoom bombers struck, participants say. Womble described the attacks as consisting of numerous racial slurs including the N-word, a monkey depiction, profane language, yelling, threats and swastikas. 

Womble said he notified the West Des Moines Police Department and provided video evidence.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

A hopefully soon to be former deputy decided to be a horse’s ass on Facebook.  His employer didn’t like that too much

A Georgia sheriff’s deputy in middle Georgia has been “suspended without pay pending termination” after allegedly calling murder victim Ahmaud Arbery a “criminal” on social media. In addition to labeling the slain jogger as a criminal, he is accused of smugly writing, “he still got the death penalty.”

Houston County Deputy Paul Urhahn commented on the Macon outlet’s Facebook post about the recent sentencing of Arbery’s killers, Travis McMichael, Gregory McMichael, and William Bryan. The deputy replied, “That criminal arbery still got the death penalty though.” 

Despite deleting the comment, screenshots have been shared across social media, landing in the Houston County Sheriff’s Office. Over the weekend, the sheriff’s office launched an investigation, and on the morning of Monday, Jan. 10, decided to suspend Urhahn without pay and pending termination.

Sheriff Cullen Talton wrote a letter detailing how the deputy violated several of the department’s policies, all relating to code of conduct

Hopefully this bastard stays fired too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

• 3 weeks later...

Some idiots fucked around and found out

Police in New Jersey are investigating a snowplow driver who appears on video to intentionally spray two Orthodox Jewish men with snow and ice.

The investigation by the Lakewood Police Department was confirmed Tuesday by Mayor Raymond G. Coles.

A company called Waste Management said in a statement Sunday that an off-duty employee posted video of the incident on a social media account and has been suspended.

"The hateful conduct depicted in this video is unacceptable and does not reflect the values of inclusion and diversity we hold as a company," the company said. "The employee is suspended while we investigate the incident, but we can confirm that this behavior will not be tolerated from any WM employee and we will not employ those who act in this way.”

Waste Management later confirmed it took out the trash as it were and the guy is now a former employee.

• Thank You 7

• 2 weeks later...

Iowa woman was a racist dipshit online.   And is now out of a job.

A local woman is out one of her jobs after sending an anti-Black Lives Matter message to a black owned business in Cedar Rapids. The Crab Attack Cajun Seafood Shack shared the message it received publicly to it’s Facebook page writing, “We would normally never post things like this but this is just some of the things we deal with as a black owned business.”

The woman behind the Facebook message is Vanessa Matis. She worked part time with children who have behavioral or mental health conditions at Covenant Family Solutions. She is now out the job she began just last month.

“It went against everything we stand for as an organization,” Anna Patty explained, Director of Communications at Covenant Family Solutions.

The message Matis sent to the Crab Attack came after the restaurant posted a photo of Iowa City Mayor Bruce Teague enjoying a meal at the establishment.

• WTF 5

Racist fucks 

Some members of the Briarcliffe Fire Company have been placed on administrative suspension after a recent video call captured racist dialogue.

The decision was made during a meeting at the Briarcliffe Fire Company on Thursday night.

"The Board voted to place certain members on administrative suspension pending the results of the Township's investigation. This is without prejudice to take further action at the conclusion of the Township's investigation. The names of the members under administrative suspension will not be released at this time because this is an internal personnel matter," officials told Action News on Friday.

Officials are still investigating, but the Briarcliffe Fire Company Station 75 was temporarily shut down after the audio surfaced.

• WTF 2

A Estée Lauder executive was a racist fuck online and found out there are consequences

Estée Lauder has fired John Demsey, a senior executive at the makeup company, for an offensive Instagram post on his personal account that used a racial slur.

The company said Monday that Demsey's termination was the "result of his recent Instagram posts, which do not reflect the values of the Estée Lauder Companies," adding that the post caused "widespread offense."

According to the Wall Street Journal, Demsey posted on his Instagram account last week a spoof book cover based on the TV show "Sesame Street" that used the N-word with some letters replaced with asterisks. The post was apparently mocking Covid-19. Demsey deleted the offensive post and apologized, writing that he was "terribly sorry and deeply ashamed," adding that he didn't read the "racist meme" before posting it.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

• 3 months later...

If you’re gonna be a racist fuckstick you might wanna check and make sure your target isn’t a cop. 

A New York man who was caught on camera claiming to be an "off-duty trooper" while going on a racist road rage tirade has been charged with a hate crime, Sergeant Daniela Portillo with Newburgh police confirmed to CNN. 

Cellphone video of the incident taken on June 11 shows William J. Ryan, 60, spewing racist slurs at Robert McLymore, a Black lieutenant with the Wallkill, New York, police department and his 18-year-old son, Portillo said.

"I'm an off-duty trooper, you f**king stupid n***er," Ryan says in the video that was taken by McLymore on Saturday in Newburgh. "You'll never be White! You'll never be White!" Ryan continues to say before flicking his middle finger at McLymore and driving away.

And even if he was a trooper that would be career suicide to act like that. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

On 6/18/2022 at 5:12 PM, 47of74 said:

If you’re gonna be a racist fuckstick you might wanna check and make sure your target isn’t a cop. 

And even if he was a trooper that would be career suicide to act like that. 

I hope William J. Ryan, 60, who is a racist, gets some consequences for acting like that. A lightning bolt between the eyes would have been appropriate, but hopefully there's something. His family should have him evaluated for cognitive function, and if he checks out OK, I'd shun the hell out of him. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I hope William J. Ryan, 60, who is a racist, gets some consequences for acting like that. A lightning bolt between the eyes would have been appropriate, but hopefully there's something. His family should have him evaluated for cognitive function, and if he checks out OK, I'd shun the hell out of him. 

That seems to be the thing with a lot of these older racists and Branch Trumpvidians that tip over is that they have kids and other family members who could step in but fail to do so.  So I wouldn't hold my breath on Ryan's family having him evaluated. 

I remember the mail weirdo in Dubuque who sent threatening communications to half the town.  He had a wife and children who from what I could tell couldn't or wouldn't do anything about getting him evaluated even though there was written proof of his instability in the form of all the cards, letters, and postcards he sent.  By the time he passed he burned so many bridges in Dubuque the family couldn't even have his funeral in town.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

A Rochester, New York police douche blocked an ambulance bay and handcuffed an EMT who bumped his car 

A Rochester police investigator handcuffed an emergency medical technician after she bumped his vehicle at a hospital while unloading a patient from an ambulance. The investigator has been suspended with pay and the EMT is now seeking legal action.

The EMT, Lekia Smith, was also taken to the police car and questioned in the backseat before being released, according to her attorney.

The attorney, Donald Thompson, challenged claims from the police union, the Locust Club, that the EMT and the investigator came to terms after the incident at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester.

"The discussion that was had was in the back of a police car while she was handcuffed," Thompson said.

According to the article he’s been the subject of previous discipline and was named in a lawsuit. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

• 2 months later...

The Grant County Sheriff asked for assistance on Facebook in identifying people.  Mistake

Grant County Sheriff Nate Dreckman took to social media today to denounce "out of line" and "racist" comments on a recent department Facebook post.

The department posted a photo late Wednesday of several people captured on a game camera to ask for the community's help in identifying potential trespass suspects.

The people pictured were of Asian descent, and several commenters left threatening or derogatory messages. The department shut the comments off and eventually deleted the post.

He said the department is "investigating" the threatening comments and apologized to anyone harmed by the post’s comment section.

I think leaving comments sections open is just asking for trouble these days with all the kluxers and Branch Trumpvidians out there who think it's OK to be assholes online.

• Upvote 2

Similar incident in Austin this past  year, but the banners on a freeway overpass were hung anonymously.  

Can't believe these yahoos were out there flaunting it.  (I just looked up flaunt vs flaut -- I think flaunt is correct here.)  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

And here is a fuck knob up in New Jersey calling the police on his neighbor's daughter spraying the trees for insects. 

A Black mother in New Jersey said her 9-year-old daughter is still in fear weeks after a white neighbor called the police on her for spraying a lanternfly-killing solution to save neighborhood trees from the invasive insects.

Monique Joseph spoke about the late October incident during a Nov. 1 mayor and council meeting in the town of Caldwell, as reported by The Progress. She also called for greater awareness of the dangers of racial bias to local officials and residents.

Joseph said police told her that her neighbor, Gordon Lawshe, called for their services on Oct. 22, reporting his suspicions about Bobbi Wilson, 9, who was out that morning spraying insects, per the outlet.

In a recording of the call, obtained by The Daily Beast, Lawshe told the responding officer: “There’s a little Black woman, walking, spraying stuff on the sidewalks and trees on Elizabeth and Florence. I don’t know what the hell she’s doing, scares me though.” He added that the girl was “real tiny” and had a hood on.

And oh yeah, this fuck was the co-chair and treasurer of the local Nazi Republican Party.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

Another fucking idiot of a teacher who let his Inner Kluxer loose at school is now out of a job

A middle school teacher in Pflugerville, Texas, has been fired, district officials said Monday, after video was posted to social media showing the White teacher tell his students his race “is the superior one.”

“Last Friday, Nov. 11, Pflugerville ISD officials were made aware of an inappropriate conversation a teacher at Bohls Middle School had with students during an advisory class,” Pflugerville Independent School District (PfISD) Superintendent Dr. Douglas Killian wrote in a statement. “As of Monday morning, Nov. 14, the teacher in question is no longer employed by Pflugerville ISD and we are actively looking for a replacement,” the statement said.

Videos of the conversation in question were posted to social media last week.

In one video, the teacher can be seen saying to his multi-racial class, “Deep down in my heart, I’m ethnocentric, which means I think my race is the superior one,” as students audibly react both on- and off-camera.

• Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Another fucking idiot of a teacher who let his Inner Kluxer loose at school is now out of a job

It was great those middle schoolers had the presence of mind to record the discussion, plus ask a few confirming questions to show the teacher’s comments weren’t being taken out of context.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

It was great those middle schoolers had the presence of mind to record the discussion, plus ask a few confirming questions to show the teacher’s comments weren’t being taken out of context.  

Definitely.

It's really good that they got some context, because it's not abnormal to say something in a teaching moment that references yourself like, "We all have unconscious racial biases. Even me. It's a problem that we are all learning more about. Ethnocentrism means that each of us thinks of our own 'in-group' as somehow superior to the groups we consider outsiders. Ethnocentrism is a human tendency everybody has (even me, somewhere deep down) and we all need to work against that bad instinct." -- I've said things like that to students: trying to act as an example of someone who can 'own' my biases instead of denying them. (Now I'm questioning whether I should say that stuff at all?)

But the students here have caught an actual racist, not just a quote that 'sounds bad' in isolation. They knew he was racist. That's why they filmed him. And they made sure to drill down and get confirmation.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

Dilbert gets dropped after Scott Adamns decided to be a racist douche online.  

Newspapers across the country are pulling the “Dilbert” cartoon after a podcast racial rant from creator and author Scott Adams.

Adams said on his his Coffee with Scott Adams online video program  that white people should “get the hell away from Black people,” labeling Blacks as a “hate group.”

Cleveland’s The Plain Dealer published a Letter from the Editor Friday, stating that it was “not a difficult decision” to ax the Adams cartooon. “We are not a home for those who espouse racism,” the editor wrote. He added that Advance Media, its publisher, was instituting similar moves at its other properties.

John Hiner of MLive Media in Michigan echoed the Plain Dealer. He wrote in an editorial, “we will work quickly to find a replacement that will entertain you and not violate basic standards of decency and respect for others.”

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

Onset of dementia? Scott Adams has been problematic for a long time, but he just managed to keep inside the line of plausible deniability for almost as long. 

51 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Onset of dementia? Scott Adams has been problematic for a long time, but he just managed to keep inside the line of plausible deniability for almost as long. 

Yeah if it is then it’s probably early onset since he’s only 65. 

Ol' Scotty is complaining that lots of papers dropping Dilbert is an attack on free speech.  You know, the usual racist fornicate stickery about how oppressed they are that they can't be kluxers without some blowback coming back.

Adams has since said on Twitter that he was only “advising people to avoid hate” and suggested that the cancellation of his cartoon signals that free speech in America is under assault.

Andrews McMeel Syndication, the company that distributes “Dilbert,” did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

The newspapers that have cut the comic strip have been clear with readers.

“Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, went on a racist rant this week … and we will no longer carry his comic strip in The Plain Dealer,” wrote Chris Quinn, editor of the paper. “This is not a difficult decision.”

• Upvote 2

And of course ol Elon came running to Scotty’s defense. 

Musk came to the defense of Scott Adams, the creator of the “Dilbert,” after newspapers across the country canceled the comic strip for comments they called “racist,” “hateful,” and “discriminatory.” Adams had described people who are Black as members of “a hate group” from which white people should “get away.”

Musk tweeted: “For a *very* long time, US media was racist against non-white people, now they’re racist against whites & Asians. Same thing happened with elite colleges & high schools in America. Maybe they can try not being racist.”

Given that Elon grew up benefiting from apartheid he might want to shut the fuck up about this. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/25/2023 at 8:51 AM, 47of74 said:

Yeah if it is then it’s probably early onset since he’s only 65. 

It is easily possible to have dementia at that age. Bruce Willis is only two years and has been dealing with it for years. I've known people who've had it that young in my personal life including someone who died last year in their early 70s.

• Upvote 3