IGNORED

Racists Caught on Tape

47of74

The editor of the Dubuque paper was among the many who dropped Dilbert last weekend.  She had this article about why she dropped him.

The creator of the Dilbert comic strip hosts a YouTube show, “Real Coffee with Scott Adams,” on which he espouses his views on various topics. I’ve seen some clips of the show, and I can’t say I share Adams’ views in most cases. But until last week, I had never heard anything that stopped me cold and made me rethink providing him a platform in our paper. After all, we run the work of a variety contributors. Our editorial page runs the gamut from conservative to liberal, and no one person could possibly agree with all of them. That’s the beauty of public discourse.

But Adams’ comments last week were far out of the realm of a political statement. His words were a bald-faced, racist screed. Adams referenced a Rasmussen Reports survey that had asked whether people agreed with the statement “It’s OK to be White.” Most agreed, but Adams noted that 26% of Black respondents disagreed and others weren’t sure.

I’m happy to discuss this decision further, but I can tell you that I won’t change my mind. This isn’t typical. I don’t disengage with every person I disagree with. On the contrary, I’ve had robust areas of disagreement on a spectrum of issues with all kinds of people — including local leaders, businesspeople and elected officials. That’s a regular occurrence and comes with the territory of running a newspaper.

But I will not brook the likes of this shameless racism on a public platform — a platform built on the backs of newspapers who have run this comic and given Adams the notoriety he enjoys. And I certainly will not continue to pay him for the privilege to run his work. We pay close to $5 a day for the Dilbert strip to run 365 days a year. That ends now.

And of course the local Kluxers are all up in arms about this.  Well fuck em.  Of course with the whining about how the 1A is under attack.  I am so tempted to reply to one of these clowns, "Hey look, asshole.  You go to law school and earn a Juris Doctor and then come back with your arguments about how various private outlets are violating Scotty's 1A rights."  I am done arguing with armchair constitutional experts who parrort whatever Fucker Carlson or Elon say. 

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The editor of the Dubuque paper was among the many who dropped Dilbert last weekend.  She had this article about why she dropped him.

And of course the local Kluxers are all up in arms about this.  Well fuck em.  Of course with the whining about how the 1A is under attack.  I am so tempted to reply to one of these clowns, "Hey look, asshole.  You go to law school and earn a Juris Doctor and then come back with your arguments about how various private outlets are violating Scotty's 1A rights."  I am done arguing with armchair constitutional experts who parrort whatever Fucker Carlson or Elon say. 

I always refer people to this.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, zeebaneighba said:

I always refer people to this.

Thank you.  I book marked it too for further use with Branch Trumpvidians/Qvidians who spout bullshit about the 1A. 

I saw this online a couple hours ago.

IMG_9919.thumb.JPG.c1d69c3c2aaec76f05874fe3115a2e8f.JPG 

Yeah it occurred to me too that Dilbert, PHB, or the other main characters were not African-American, and it was only recently that Adams included one on a strip.

And here's an article about some of the editorial cartoons that came out after Dilbert let his inner Kluxer flag fly.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Roseanne Barr really stepped in it again

Comedian Roseanne Barr recently made highly peculiar comments about the Holocaust during her appearance on a podcast.

During the June 14 episode of This Past Weekend, a podcast hosted by fellow comedian Theo Von, Barr was invited as a guest to discuss her career and perspectives on various matters. At a certain point in their conversation, Barr delved into the topic of the 2020 election and the concept of "truth" in the United States. Surprisingly, she proceeded to make a startling claim about the Holocaust.

According to Barr, "nobody died in the Holocaust. That's the truth. It should happen. Six million Jews should die right now cause they cause all the problems in the world. But it never happened. But it never happened — Mandated." These remarks were both shocking and deeply troubling.

It is worth noting that Barr later revealed that she herself identifies as Jewish, which adds an even more perplexing dimension to her controversial statements.

So far there's one comment on the article asking Roseanne if she would come meet the guy's older family members who lost family to the Holocaust.  Especially the guy's mother.

• WTF 2

9 hours ago, 47of74 said:

According to Barr, "nobody died in the Holocaust. That's the truth. It should happen. Six million Jews should die right now cause they cause all the problems in the world. But it never happened. But it never happened — Mandated." 

That woman is such a piece of garbage.

• I Agree 1