IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

I feel bad for Beall. Doug is just such a douche. Remember that he told Lourdes that Beall would likely die young and they would then be able to marry? Jesus, Doug. He's the narcissistic husband character straight from an Agatha Christie book.

I'm not that conservative, and the poses between Flo and DPIAT raise my eyebrow. I would never pose like that with my friends' SOs or a guy I knew was married. Maybe Flo and her husband are polyamorous though and so she doesn't have to hide anything? I've heard of stranger things.

Also, Dougo doesn't look too happy in his cameo at the end of the dancing video. Perhaps he's finally aged out of the club scene?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He certainly gives a whole new depth of meaning to the word "flagrant."

As far as Beall being in denial - as a wise friend used to say, she'll do it until she doesn't do it any more.

I think the Tool and Beall must have the same "arrangement" that Joe and Katherine Jackson (parents of Michael Jackson et al) have; still technically married, but they live in separate states and have separate lives, she putting up appearances as a good church going woman and he hanging around the fringes of the entertainment industry. Like Kathrine, Beall could just be tired of her ostensible husband's antics and just wants to be left alone, even if she objects to divorce for religious reasons.

I guess.
She just seems so......I don't know. Grimly determined to make the best of it? That's how it looks on Instagram. The standard of living for BeAll and the kids at home has tanked pretty hard, if the photos are anything to go by.
GODDAMNIT. I don't want to feel bad for her, or the smarmy superior offspring, but I kinda do.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Hey, Doug! You left something off your mid-life crisis list:

red-corvette-4-640.jpg

Doug’s relatively advanced age gives new meaning to the lyrics, “Baby, have you got enough gas?”

Well DomWack... DPIART must have heard you. ;-)  Europe, Flo & vintage everything -- including muscle cars.

Yep, having a great time there, doing some "boutique cinema" work with the "European talent," aren't you, Phil Douglas Dougie?

What does Douche speak with these people? Does he get asked about his past, and if so, what does he say? "You know, back when I was leading this anaconda hunt in the Amazon with some manly sweaty men -" Do they ever ask about his family? I'd like to be a fly on the wall when that happens.

6 hours ago, bea said:

I guess.
She just seems so......I don't know. Grimly determined to make the best of it? That's how it looks on Instagram. The standard of living for BeAll and the kids at home has tanked pretty hard, if the photos are anything to go by.
GODDAMNIT. I don't want to feel bad for her, or the smarmy superior offspring, but I kinda do.

I don't and I'll offer you some reasons to ponder if you really want to shed the pity. ;-)

She knew full well what Phil Douglas Winston Cameradude was when she picked him up, and agreed to marry him and renounced her family.  She was very likely in full support of him, if not complicit, in his ripping-off of people for decades. She chose to handicap her daughters with a SOTDRT education and not much else except travel. Travel's great but it pales when it's the only thing on a resume.

As far as the kids? Fathers abandon their children every day and usually with far less financial provision than PDWC could - or has had to - leave for them.  He's not dead, he hasn't been maimed or disabled and he's able to keep in touch with them. Or more accurately stated, *they have social media to try to ring him up.  Justice has decided to get honest work and JTeefs hasn't.  The Meatballs and the younger boys and that youngest girl - forever in pigtails, I think of her - have some time before they have to declare. Nobody's gonna be selling their body nor enduring the rapey advances of a "mentor" from three economic strata above them, anytime soon. 

Finally, @bea, don't let my cold grey heart influence you. Somebody has to be compassionate, and if you want to be, then you be you. Cheers, my friend!!! 

11 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

***LOLDOUG ALERT I REPEAT LOLDOUG ALERT*** 

FB_IMG_1501470796603.jpg

Just when I think it can't get any better/worse/weirder/crazier/more unlikely...........OMG! 1.1!!!!!11!!!!!! ELEVENTY! 

55 minutes ago, bea said:

Oh my GOD, DPIAT, white pants and a straw fedora? It's like a douche-uniform.
How old is he? 50s?

And allll teh interwebs go to @bea!!!!'

Truly hoping that the older girls start getting jobs or start thinking about going to college/community college to get some type of vocational training, even under the guise of starting a stay-at-home bidness.  How ironic it would be if they start nanny-ing.  I hope, I really hope that they aren't being set up for protracted spinsterhood, with the American version of tatting and knitting and visiting the less fortunate or putting everything on hold to give support (psychological or financial) to their mom, who still has three or four kids to raise. 

I won't discount the anguish that can come from the breakup of a family; I experienced it myself as a teenager. My dad was an alcoholic mess, but it was still devastating when the only family I knew flew apart. 

Maybe it's the angle or the wide legged pants, but Doug looks like he has really small feet in that picture. Very dainty.

15 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Like Kathrine, Beall could just be tired of her ostensible husband's antics and just wants to be left alone, even if she objects to divorce for religious reasons.

Except she still wants to be married to Dougie for 70 years.  He's such a visionary.

15 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Maybe Flo and her husband are polyamorous though and so she doesn't have to hide anything? I've heard of stranger things.

Possibly.  They may be swingers as well as swing dancers.  So long as it is agreeable to them both and no-one gets hurt I don't care.

If Beall and Doug have agreed to an open marriage but she's still pretending to be the model "Christian" wife and mother then I call hypocrite.

It just struck me that Delaney and Joshua were having rather a long engagement.  I wonder where in the world Doug will be on September 29th.  

Do we have a separate thread for the upcoming Sproul and Phillips nuptials? 

https://www.theknot.com/us/delaney-sproul-and-joshua-phillips-sep-2017#the-wedding

Somehow I doubt either the Tool or RC Jr. will be officiants.

OK, I'll bite--what are "heavy hors d'oevres"?

So, if I look at Doug as an individual person, I'm kinda happy that he seems to have dropped the fundie stuff and is doing what he wants to now. But, he had a huge following and he personally hurt people, so I think he should explain why he pushed fundie Christianity for years (and made a lot of money doing so) and why he is now gallivanting all over Europe. Also, he has basically abandoned his wife and children, which NOBODY should do. What's with the 180? I'm not totally convinced that he was lying all those years, but he was a very influential man who probably enjoyed that, and after the shit hit the fan maybe he started questioning everything or something. Maybe I'm being too nice to him. (Well, we also know what he was doing to Lourdes before everything fell apart, so he was already doing bad things. I'm just not sure all of it was a lie.)

Anyway, I think I do feel bad for Beall. I know she made her own choices, but being told that you'll go to hell if you don't do this or that is a powerful motivator. And she thought she was supposed to be this submissive wife. That makes it really hard to think for yourself. I was raised Catholic, and even though I left it years ago, all that stuff you're taught runs deep. Occasionally I am still afraid I'm going to go to hell. So it does make me sad that she is trying to hold it all together and act like she still has this great marriage.

And I just want to say that I am so pissed at James and Stacy McDonald right now. They seem to have had a pretty cushy life for a long time now, and now they're getting gifts like Tiffany vases from Young Living and they're doing this big fancy house remodel, and I'm like, Jesus would not want you to have all that stuff. Jesus said it was easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. And he kept telling people to give up all their possessions. And he said the last shall be first and the first shall be last. And so on.

34 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Typically it means finger/small plate food that will also be savory and hot (i.e., meatballs, smoked salmon, mini quiches) rather than just crudité and cookies. So they're avoiding serving a meal, and probably also avoiding having seats and tables for everyone, but hopefully people will have enough to not go hungry.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Maybe it's the angle or the wide legged pants, but Doug looks like he has really small feet in that picture. Very dainty.

Yeah, I noticed that too.   They seemed creepily small.  

Just got back from a trip to Colorado.  Noticed BIG Young Living and doTerra decals covering the rear windows of small cars, along with the name of the rep and contact info -- driving a bill board, basically.  Not surprising in an area where there are few economic/entrepreneurial opportunities. 

And speaking of money.  The family finances had to be hard hit by the Lourdes lawsuit, both paying lawyers' fees and whatever financial settlement was reached with Lourdes.  I would guess that to be somewhere in the six figures, right?  

So yes, there has to be money squirreled away to support the patriarch's European capers and to feed the hungry mouths at home, which would be Beall and the five or six nonworking kids (including SAHDs) remaining at home.  Are the two working sons (Alaska fishing boat son and Ligonier gravy-train son)  sending money home to Beall to keep the household afloat in their little Victorian cottage in Durango? That said, the fam does have the means to travel this summer -- once to Texas to visit Beall's fam and friends and the trip to Ohio to visit the WWII vet. 

Found another pic of Dougie on the "Radio Ultra Modern - Tomorrowland" FB page. It looks like he's wearing a wedding band on his left hand.

Or maybe it's his purity ring.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 10.04.14 AM.png

Someone should notify Flo about the who the Tool really is.  

The reason I say this is that I'm fairly certain he's invented a new identity for himself. 

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

A way of cheapening out on having to pay for an actual dinner.  

Usually "heavy" hors d'oevres are things like meatballs, egg rolls, chicken skewers, stuffed mushrooms, etc. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived