IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

International gigolo AND international man of mystery con man. 

Which reminded me to look up the Wiki for Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and while reading through the plot, came across a character named Alotta Fagina, No. 2's Italian secretary, which made me laugh uncontrollably.  No, no, don't get up.  I'll let myself out. 

Eh, I think DPIABT is merely a wannabe gigolo.  

He'd be all for exchanging sexual favors for cash - but all Flo really wants is his boutique cinematographer skills.  For cheap.

20 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Just leaving this here for posterity:

What would Matt Chancey say about that use of that hat?

2 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

What would Matt Chancey say about that use of that hat?

He'd say, "Hey, Doug, don't you need two slaves, I mean, servants, I mean, security guys to go along with that hat?"

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Eh, I think DPIABT is merely a wannabe gigolo.  

Yeah, I don't think DPIAT is getting any, in a matter of speaking.  I think Flo likes him but doesn't like him that much.  She found a cinematographer who is personable and can do a reasonably good job of filming but that's it.  He hangs around because he has something to do, is with a cosplay crowd, and it helps him manage his midlife crisis/need to feel younger/avoid Beall or whatever is going on with him.

It's rather pathetic the way he hangs around.  In the some of the pictures he seems woefully ill at ease in what strikes me as a fun crowd.

10 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Yeah, I don't think DPIAT is getting any...

I do. Oh, it may not be Flo, or even any of the pretty young women she works with. But I just don't believe this guy is off in Europe for months and months at a time and having no sex. Who he's having it with or what kind, I have no idea. But I do believe it's a huge motivating factor in his new "job" that is conveniently thousands of miles away from his wife. 

He's seen what happened to BRADRICK! when Peter failed to successfully compartmentalize. Doug has the money to compartmentalize... at least for now. 

7 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

I do. Oh, it may not be Flo, or even any of the pretty young women she works with. But I just don't believe this guy is off in Europe for months and months at a time and having no sex. Who he's having it with or what kind, I have no idea. But I do believe it's a huge motivating factor in his new "job" that is conveniently thousands of miles away from his wife. 

He's seen what happened to BRADRICK! when Peter failed to successfully compartmentalize. Doug has the money to compartmentalize... at least for now. 

I was thinking specifically with Flo  but yeah, I agree he can't be in Europe all this time, conveniently (and somewhat inexplicably) away from his wife and family and is not doing something.    Upon thinking on it further, he might not want this aspect of his life known by the folks in his social circle but keep it separated as he got burned (from his point of view) by being involved with someone in VF.

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

But I just don't believe this guy is off in Europe for months and months at a time and having no sex. Who he's having it with or what kind, I have no idea. But I do believe it's a huge motivating factor in his new "job" that is conveniently thousands of miles away from his wife. 

You're probably correct.

Would this state of affairs (:pb_lol:) have anything to do with using Ray Charles's "Mess Around" as the soundtrack for Radio Modern's newest promo video for the upcoming 50's bash -- credited to none other than DW Cinematographer?

That picture of him..."Phil Douglas" - GAH.  I want to smack that hat off his smug head.  How does his ego even fit into the average room?

I still want to see him end up styling an orange jumpsuit someday.  

17 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Beall has the begging bowl out - a Gofundme to raise $2K so she can send Liberty to the Netherlands for her 21st birthday:

https://www.gofundme.com/libertys-21st-birthday

Well, that's annoying.  Beall is asking people to give money so Liberty can get a surprise birthday present of a round-trip ticket to Europe.  The sentiment is nice, but dayum.  Maybe it's more for family and very close friends. 

Couldn't Liberty, um, get a JOB of some kind and save up her money to go visit the Netherlands?  Durango is a tourist town and there are server and retail jobs out the kazoo.  What Beall is asking is for someone who works to donate $$ so her daughter can enjoy the finer things in life without getting her hands dirty or for Beall to get her hands dirty with a job-type job. 

30 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Beall has the begging bowl out - a Gofundme to raise $2K so she can send Liberty to the Netherlands for her 21st birthday:

https://www.gofundme.com/libertys-21st-birthday

Just here to express my rage without downvoting you, Marian.  :my_angry:

33 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Oh, FFS.  Beall, put away the begging bowl you shameless idle mendicant. Either you or Liberty (or even both) can get jobs to pay for a trip to Europe for her.

Also note the first person.  Beall wants to give this gift.  Beall is the one "working on a dramatic way to let her know who was involved in her gift."  :pb_rollseyes:

Apparently "Phil Douglas" isn't interested in paying for Liberty's 21st birthday trip with all the money he's been earning from Radio Modern.

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

It has to be said: This confirms that the Phillipses are not job-type people. 

As we've seen with others here at FJ, grifting is a multi-generational thing and the Phillips family is no different.

Beall - shame on you! Get a job. Tell your daughter to get a job. That's how I paid for my first trip to Europe at age 19.

Considering Liberty has already at least 2-3 trips to Europe on other people's money, well before turning 21, why on earth should she have another one without earning a cent for it?

"What could be a better birthday present for one of the most self sacrificing, generous, giving women..."

Beall, conspicuously calling your 20-year-old daughter a "woman" now is not going to make up for two decades of infantilizing the "girls" who supported VF

13 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Considering Liberty has already at least 2-3 trips to Europe on other people's money, well before turning 21, why on earth should she have another one without earning a cent for it?

But that's how she knows the Netherlands is her favorite place!  And she's never had to pay before.

Grifting from nonagenarian veterans is really disgraceful.

The first time I travelled abroad I was just shy of 22. The trip was organised and funded by me. I had no one to pay for it so I worked. That's how folk are able to travel. By working. What does Liberty do all day?

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, that's annoying.  Beall is asking people to give money so Liberty can get a surprise birthday present of a round-trip ticket to Europe.  The sentiment is nice, but dayum.  Maybe it's more for family and very close friends. 

Couldn't Liberty, um, get a JOB of some kind and save up her money to go visit the Netherlands?  

Well....no! What Special Snowflake named Philips has EVER done such a thing? Excepting maybe Judges, or Justice, whatever the one is who's on a fishing boat. More power to him as an example for Go and Pro or whatever the younger two sons are named. We already know Joshua has followed the siren song to a "feet on the desk" junior executive position at Ligonier, eh?

This really gets my dander up! Hey news flash ladies, get the fucking job(s) and buy yourself some self respect.  Asking for charity for frivolous stuff is shameful. 

16 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Excepting maybe Judges, or Justice, whatever the one is who's on a fishing boat. More power to him as an example for Go and Pro or whatever the younger two sons are named. 

:pb_lol:

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Even more reprehensible:  it looks like several of the donations are from her elderly veteran friends. 

Gritting from elderly people on a fixed income is so gross, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since lonely elderly people are the prime marks for televangelists. I suppose these veterans just think the Phillips "girls" just want to befriend the elderly, though I have to think that at least one of them would wonder why these "girls" aren't doing anything with their lives but cosplay.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived