IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beall has got to know.  I just went back over her instagram.  It is so curated.  She knows but will not admit to the general public.  Poor Beall.  I mean that.

The last picture that showed her cuddling up to Doug was posted on Dec 15, 2016.  That is , if it wasn't an old photoof the two of them she just stuck in there.

She does that a lot with old pictures.

On Dec 26, 2016, Dougie was "away from home."  Beall is snuggling with her kids.

For JTits graduation and engagement photos in May Justice and Dougie were missing and "out of frame."  

There is a picture of the family walking to church, but I don't think that is Doug's sorry butt in the far distance.

On June 18th, "the father" (interesting choice of words by Beall) chose the location for father's day.  He was in Italy at the time (backstage photos of Flo and Doug) and this was a generic  photo of a lake.

And now poor Beall is in Peoria, helping the Meatballers serenade nonagenarians, while Dougie is filming swing dances in the South of France.

Beall, he has left you.  When will you admit that publically? 

I also note with interest that Liberty (Bert) describes herself as a professional hobo.  Does she know what that means?   Hobos everywhere should be looking at her sideways because I really can't see her as working.  Or homeless.  She has that Durango house, after all.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo 

Justice really seems to have broken free.  I hope so.  I wish him all the good fortune in the world as a commercial fisherman.  It is not an easy job but far better than sucking at the teat of Ligonier Ministries.  JTits - I'm looking at you.  

"There is a picture of the family walking to church, but I don't think that is Doug's sorry butt in the far distance."

I didn't think it was him, either. Something about the way the person was just walking casually next to someone else, rather than "leading." I mean, we've seen Doug moving groups of people around so many times; he's always out front, waving one arm at those behind him and shouting something obnoxious like, "Let us go forth, adventurers!" Like, even if the group is just going to a hamburger stand or something. 

Argh. Wrote a novel, accidentally deleted it.

Anyway.

BeAllKnowsAll isn't going to say shit. Who's going to marry a Phillips kid if the dad is both a sexual predator (apparently forgivable in these circles) and abandoned his family? The literal poster family for the "family integrated church" movement, where modesty and faith and respect and patriarchy meant that your husband would never ever EVER leave you to manage your gazillion kids with no money and no career? I'll be shocked if Be All admits publicly that DPIAT has fucked off to Europe, gone entirely secular, and left her holding the bag, so to speak.

I mean, she's complicit, don't get me wrong. She's willingly gone along with this crap, and don't even try to tell me she didn't know what was going on with Lourdes. But damn. That's a lot of kids to raise on your own after 20 years or whatever of joyfully submitting to the leadership of someone who's ditched you.

What state is she living in? Might be worth it to see if she's filed for support, because I cannot imagine feeding and housing and clothing that family with no income.

Between this and the BRADRICK! divorce, the house of patriarchy seems to be tumbling down pretty quickly.

It's so obvious that DPIART is in hog heaven: non-stop cosplay (including WW II); beautiful, scantily clad women & buff, barely clad men; the je-ne-sais-quoi of European locations; using his expensive camera equipment. He's finally immersed in what could only be tangential stuff during the VFI/VFM days -- the Titanic bullshit or the idiotic Jamestown 400th & Reformation 500 in Boston. No more distractions from "Christianity," Family-Integrated Churches, and similar nonsense. Just full on hedonism.

Re: where does he get the money. Good question -- perhaps he'd been thieving & squirreling it all away since day one of VFI/VFM gig. Wanna bet that Be-All knows where that money comes from?

Re: expensive camera equipment. Almost certainly, the nucleus of Doug Phillip' audio-visual arsenal came from VFI/VFM. He had a nice collection of Canon L lenses & pro/prosumer bodies while running the ministry carrying out that scam and it likely left with him. 

ETA: Agree with everyone else here that Doug has clearly abandoned his wife & kids. They will probably be better off without that narcissistic asshat but there's no denying it's still painful, especially for his children.

Recently on the count down to 50, Instagram someone commented about her grandparents being married 70yrs or something like that and Ball replied that she hoped to make that long.

Dream on, BeAll. The last photo of DPIAT on her Instagram is November 2016. He's in the wind. With Flo.

ETA: The photo from December has her with an entirely different hair color from the other pics at that time. She was a much brighter blond in that photo.

I have to admit I'm surprised to see he has pretty much abandoned his kids, too. Remember the times when he posted videos of J'tit & Justice sword fighting, singing with one of the daughters hand in hand (:my_sick:), reading classic Tintin comics with the younger sons, and playing in a park with little Virginia in that stupid three piece tweed suit during one of those countless Scotland trips. Not to mention all those Father-daughter balls. Was it all just acting? Did he really love his kids, and if he did/does, how can he just ditch them? I can see him abandoning Beall, but his very own kids who spent a very public childhood as he professed his love for them?

Well, it looks like he did exactly that. And Beall still won't divorce him.

The bottom line is that he doesn't have to be in Europe. Even after the VF scandal, most Americans have no idea who Doug Phillips is (as hard as that is for us to believe). He could easily set up shop here as a secular filmmaker. Oh, people say they do background checks, but most never do. Especially after being bowled over by fast-talking con men like Doug. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Oh, people say they do background checks, but most never do. Especially after being bowled over by fast-talking con men like Doug. 

For the kind of filming Doug prefers, I doubt he'd need or be asked to do a background check. He'd just have to provide samples of his work which Cinema of Wonder does, after a fashion.

I can just imagine what he said to Beall. "What choice do I have? I've been run out of the country!" Bitch, I wish that were the truth. 

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

The bottom line is that he doesn't have to be in Europe. Even after the VF scandal, most Americans have no idea who Doug Phillips is (as hard as that is for us to believe). He could easily set up shop here as a secular filmmaker.

Wasn't he supposed to be working on some sort of documentary about veterans for the History Channel at one point.  I vaguely remember discussing the funders.

DP will always be a Tool and what he did to Lourdes will always be beyond awful.   BeAllKnowAll has always been complicit in and part and parcel of the whole VF mininstry scam.   His WWII cos-play daughters and the exploitive Meatball mess make me cringe, but do prove that cos play has always been part of the DP family life. The sons clinging to the LIgoner teat is just another version of DP and VF -- apples; not falling far; trees.

While it appears DP has abandoned the family, I'm sure he's supporting Beall  and family with that loot he stashed away while running VF.  I do not feel sorry for her in the least -- she knew what was going on and she let it all happen. I think the children are fine without DP because at least they are out of VF.

So... all of this not withstanding ...... I find the spectacle of DP running around Europe being a film auteur for the burlesque/ cos play world absolutely fascinating.  DP looks and acts like a kid in a candy store -- or a man let out of prison (albeit one he built).

I'm not excusing anything he did, and not saying he shouldn't have been, and still should be punished for everything he did -- but the sight of him having a high old time in a world completely opposite from VF is vastly entertaining. 

I think the DP prancing around Europe is the real DP and the DP of VF/ patriarchy/ purity balls/ eleventy children/ SAHDs was a persona he adopted.

I don't think he ever believed a word of it. It was all a sham, all part of the scam he created to fleece the faithful. To a certain extent he got away with it.  VF may have imploded, but DPIAT is partying across Europe having what looks to be a perfectly marvelous time with lots of pretty, pretty people of all sexes.

That's what I feel weird about. All those people who bought DPIAT's snake oil, all the families that were taken in and fleeced, all the people who worked at VF and gave money to VF, it was a scam. Dougie Fresh is bopping around Europe with his expensive cameras and (one presumes) enough cash to play filmmaker, Beall is being supported by him, his kids are going to college and travelling to do bullshit WWII cosplay, etc. Isn't there shrine from the old VF crowd that's NOTICED this? Has wondered where the hell DPIAT gets his funding?
On the one hand, tough shit for them, they gave money to a charismatic charlatan and fraud so they could hear their own views parroted back to them. On the other hand - holy shit, he's just galivanting around Europe without a care in the world and that pisses me off.

New post today on Beall's Instagram:

Just finished 5000 miles in the car, and tonight I'm back in one of the places we call home now, listening to an amazing thunderstorm. There is so much to do in the next two months before I turn 50. But right now, I'm just going to listen to the rain.

Does she HAVE a home? I mean - do they live in a house? The Instagram makes it look like they just drive from place to place.
Dammit. I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for BeAll. Half the people - maybe three quarters - she's following on Instagram are women whose descriptions are all about reinventing themselves after 40, or staying fit after 50, etc. Way more of that than Jebus-lovers.
DPIAT and he's actually made me feel kinda sorry for his wife.

I'll just put this here...

And yes, I know that Europeans are more open-minded about affection or whatever, but still... Would two people pose this way if they were "just friends"??? Click on it to get the full shot. 

But then again, here is the husband on the left with Doug on the right, so...?

1 hour ago, bea said:

DPIAT and he's actually made me feel kinda sorry for his wife.

Yep.  I really never thought I'd feel sorry for Beall.  I strongly dislike her and her past actions.

Seems that she (and the "girls" and minor kids) got parked in Durango, CO.  To save her face because being deserted by Dougie in TX was too humiliating?  Or because she truly wanted to move  there and live in a small house whilst Dougie treads the Light Fantastic in Europe.  Only Beall knows for sure, but she is clear that she misses Texas.

It is a cute little house in Durango (IMO) but a bit cramped for Beall, the "girls," and the minor kids.  Especially given the manner in which they were accustomed to living.

JTits and Justice are out of there but Beall still has Liberty, Jubilee, Faith, Virginia, Honor and Providence on her hands.  Doug had better be supporting them.

DPIAT is still a registered voter in Durango.  Beall seems to be sitting tight and hoping Dougie gets over his midlife crisis and wild oats and comes back to her.  She is an optimist and brilliant at denial.  IMO.

39 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

And yes, I know that Europeans are more open-minded about affection or whatever, but still... Would two people pose this way if they were "just friends"???

As an "open-minded" European - no! 

I'd have Mr. P's guts for garters if he posed like that with Flo.

I wish I felt sorry for Beall, but I don't. She's still completely unrepentant, to borrow a term, for the misery she helped inflict. I think she's as much of a narcissistic asshole as her husband. 

Do we really think Dougie Dearest is keeping himself pure as he skips around Europe with beautiful women? If he isn't cheating on Beall with Flo he is almost certainly cheating on her with someone else. 

I am beginning to feel a twinge of pity for Beall too. I know she was as deep into the scam as he was, but still, he has humiliated her by leaving her to spend time with younger women. He isn't going to keep up appearances. 

On 2017-07-24 at 5:03 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Snip> i refuse to look at any more pictures of the McDonald manse. It's not that I begrudge almost people a beautiful home -- I just begrudge con-women making bank on the backs of sheep-people a beautiful home.

A fricken agnostic men!  I don't follow Stacey much but I have that same type of kitchen and it came from IKEA and the local discount granet warehouse and no helpmeets were screwed in it's financing.  Me and my headship paid for said kitchen with our actually helping people real jobs and with headship doing most of the work himself.  No inheritances or home financing help from real family or Fundie propaganda purchases.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived