IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Thoughts on Whitney:

I think much of Whitney's changes are purely from her newfound celebrity. She has over 200k people on instagram who fawn over her left and right. She takes care of herself, and has the money to do so. She went from literally being a girl with a crappy home life situation, to a girl in (what appears to us) a loving marriages with lots of leg humping fans in a matter of a few years.

I honestly feel if the Bates were still poor (pre-tv series), that Whitney would still be closely encased in fundiedom. I think she would still be skirts/dresses only and I think all the kids would be towing the line.

I think with the TV series the Bates have FINALLY gotten to taste the finer things in life. They don't have to rely on their children to help pay for things. They enjoy brand name, eating out, newest tech products. I think all of this has caused them to re-evaluate life. In terms of Whitney I think she realized that she liked the way she grew up (maybe not the bad parts- but the wearing pants, watching TV, and working part). I do not see them having many more children. I think Whitney is extremely proud of her looks. I don't see her popping out a bazillion kids, because really, unless your genetically gifted like Alyssa, it catches up to your body. If anything, they will have 1-2 more and they will be spaced out. I also think Whitney will not homeschool. Sure, she could work a few years and then chose to homeschool (or do both, if she can work from home). However, I see a private Christian school in the near future (hey---they can afford it now). I also wouldn't be surprised if we see pics of Bradly at pre-school next year (just a gut feeling).

I know these are all my assumptions, but come on---who hasn't seen the change. Below shows one of the first insta pictures from Whitney and now. Girl has evolved!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2017 at 7:13 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Zach has never looked better.  Michelle was a REALTOR for a while too. She helped with the commercial real estate with Jim Boob. I think its an acceptable Fundie profession. 

Michelle did all of this early on. She "helped" she didn't have "her own" career after Jana/JD were born. She towed cars, she did paper work, etc, but with the kids hanging around her or with her.

Whitney has her real estate license per her IG. She is now working as a broker for a real estate firm there. I am stunned, shocked and very pleased.....oh no, someone tell Lori Alexander another has bit the dust on slowly moving away from women only being SAHM.

sorry, I was late to the game.....

On 9/18/2017 at 2:25 AM, Bethella said:

@Kangaroo She only got her license in August so the nice clothing has been around longer than the job. I suspect that she will still home school and only work part time when Zach is home to watch the kids.

Also, I think They have enough support from Grandparents/sibilings/etc that she could have somebody watch the kids occasionally to go to a showing or whatever,

18 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I think much of Whitney's changes are purely from her newfound celebrity. She has over 200k people on instagram who fawn over her left and right. She takes care of herself, and has the money to do so. She went from literally being a girl with a crappy home life situation, to a girl in (what appears to us) a loving marriages with lots of leg humping fans in a matter of a few years.

I think you nailed it with this assessment. I've been feeling the same about her celebrity status over the past year. 

It may be a baby step, but it's a step nonetheless. I'm glad she's got a career, and it'll do her good to be surrounded by more 'normal' people.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Kaci and Bradley were sent to private Christian school. Same with Alyssa's two.

6 hours ago, RhythmicSkater said:

It may be a baby step, but it's a step nonetheless. I'm glad she's got a career, and it'll do her good to be surrounded by more 'normal' people.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Kaci and Bradley were sent to private Christian school. Same with Alyssa's two.

I don't believe ZachNey have ever gone on record about how they intend to educate their kids. I missed it if they did.

The Websters have though and they did say Alyssa intends to homeschool. Now, saying it and actually doing it are two separate matters. It's possible that they will homeschool using ATI materials or they'll homeschool using better quality curriculums or that they'll decide homeschooling isn't for them. I hope they consider it carefully though because Allie appears to be a pretty intelligent little girl. I'm sure Alyssa would do her best, but a more traditional classroom setting with a certified teacher could end up being a better fit.

(And just to be clear - there is nothing wrong with homeschooling when done properly. The right family with access to quality materials could have enormous success. If any of them do decide to homeschool, then I'd honestly hope that this would be the case for them because it's best case scenario for the kids.)

49 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't believe ZachNey have ever gone on record about how they intend to educate their kids. I missed it if they did.

The Websters have though and they did say Alyssa intends to homeschool. Now, saying it and actually doing it are two separate matters. It's possible that they will homeschool using ATI materials or they'll homeschool using better quality curriculums or that they'll decide homeschooling isn't for them. I hope they consider it carefully though because Allie appears to be a pretty intelligent little girl. I'm sure Alyssa would do her best, but a more traditional classroom setting with a certified teacher could end up being a better fit.

(And just to be clear - there is nothing wrong with homeschooling when done properly. The right family with access to quality materials could have enormous success. If any of them do decide to homeschool, then I'd honestly hope that this would be the case for them because it's best case scenario for the kids.)

There was a blog comment when they still had that blog, that they plan to homeschool. But don't yet know what curiculum to use. But, they may have changed their minds, or be in the process of it. They're probably weighing the pros and cons, and possibly coming up with an educational system that involves both. Time will tell.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:01 PM, llg1234 said:

Not true

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm#tab-6

Computers can assign a code, but they can't check for human error the way an actual technician can. Even if the US ever gets single payer, it's still a needed profession. Doing the job from home doesn't seem very practical though, and a lot of techs don't have all of the certifications that companies and hospitals need. 

I am a Registered Health Information Technician and do medical coding for a local healthcare organization. Our computer system does automtatically assign some codes but we still have about 20 or so coders who just take care of the professional fees (doctor fees). There are more coders who do the coding for the hospital/facility charges. I actually pull up the doctor's dictation and sift through his note to determine which codes need to be billed. A lot of it depends on what needs to be coded- some of our coders are simply double checking the codes that the doctor selects and verifies they are correct and coded correctly according to whichever insurance company there are being billed to and others like me are selecting all the codes ourselves. I currently work in an office but everything is electronic. I was supposed to be work from home a few months ago but my boss is  disorganized and dragging her feet getting everything in order- though supposedly I should be home before the end of the year. Everything I do is on a computer and there is no reason I could not do it from anywhere.

Certification requirements vary from organization to organization. We have a number of coders who are not certified but have years of experience, though its really difficult to get hired without that cerification these days. But there are several different certifications one can obtain from a 1 year certificate to a 4 year bachelors. 

Sorry for the long post and derail! It just seems like most people don't really know what we do so its fun to educate people when I can! I'll bring it back to the Bates and say that if Whitney did want to use the degree to work from home she may have had difficulty finding a place that would hire a new graduate without experience who wanted to work from home right away. Most places want you to have 2-3 years of on-site experience- even if its not strictly in a coding role- even working in registration or patient accounts is good relevant experience to have.  

On 9/17/2017 at 4:13 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Zach has never looked better.  Michelle was a REALTOR for a while too. She helped with the commercial real estate with Jim Boob. I think its an acceptable Fundie profession. 

I could be completely wrong, but I thought (and again, could be totally wrong) that Michelle was a realtor with Jim Bob not off by her fundie self letting men look at her (gasp!). I also thought (and again, could be totally wrong) that Michelle worked from home once having kids (SAHM) and Jim Bob took over working until they had enough money from the TV show. IMO, Whitney doing this independently after becoming a mom seems like a big deal, and something not often done in fundieland.

I will not be shocked if Zach and Whitney send the kids off to church-based school if a few years--including kindergarden. Specifically Temple Baptist Academy, on the Crown College campus.

Someone on FJ made a...thingy (kind of like a spreadsheet)...that listed Michelle and Kelly's ages and how long they were married when they had each kid, and compared it to their children. So like Erin for a bit was behind Kelly in terms of age, but closer when matched for time married. Am I making sense? Anyway it was really cool to see how Whitney would be close to birthing her third if she was on the same timeline as Kelly. If someone actually understands what I'm talking about I'd love if you linked it!

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Someone on FJ made a...thingy (kind of like a spreadsheet)...that listed Michelle and Kelly's ages and how long they were married when they had each kid, and compared it to their children. So like Erin for a bit was behind Kelly in terms of age, but closer when matched for time married. Am I making sense? Anyway it was really cool to see how Whitney would be close to birthing her third if she was on the same timeline as Kelly. If someone actually understands what I'm talking about I'd love if you linked it!

I totally remembered seeing this too, so I looked it up and found the spreadsheet: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s501/sh/35f2b908-1f8e-402c-946e-bedda38df74f/a35d1af3deda8c769fd61e4aca289390 

It was in this thread: 

I'm calling Whitney's new job a win. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her kids at school soon either. I've said the same about Alyssa. It's all fine and dandy to want to homeschool until the time actually comes to homeschool. They'll be turning the corner to conservative in no time. 

Its pretty clear to me that second gen bates are using some sort of birth control, too. I know we've discussed before that birth control isn't strictly forbidden among Gothardites, but I think there isn't a whole lot of "leaving it up to God" happening here. 

7 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I'm calling Whitney's new job a win. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her kids at school soon either. I've said the same about Alyssa. It's all fine and dandy to want to homeschool until the time actually comes to homeschool. They'll be turning the corner to conservative in no time.

I went to a Christian (Episcopalian) high school in the midwest that attracted A LOT of fundie-lite families. A solid 20% of my class had been homeschooled from K-8 but the parents recognized they weren't equipped to teach HS level material. Pretty much all of these formerly homeschooled kids didn't take advanced/AP classes but nonetheless went on to 4-year colleges. They matriculated to places like Wheaton College (IL), Hope College, Indiana Wesleyan, etc. I graduated HS ten years ago and most of the fundie kids are still REALLY conservative (married during college or shortly after, have 3+ kids, supported Ted Cruz) but at least they are employable as accountants, nurses, and IT professionals. 

@TatertotAsserole First off, your name has me laughing. I love a good play on words. 

I often wonder if the older Bates remember being non-fundie. I can't remember exactly how old they would have been but didn't the Bates have 5ish kids prior to really jumping on the fundie train and rolling away? Zach could have very well been middle school age and Whitney grew up non-fundie. He has a regular ol' job out in he real world, she does too now, they appear to have a non-fundie social circle...all the makings of conservative/fundie lite. I also really, really hope so. Their kids deserve to have actual opportunities. 

@jacduggar 

I grew up in a conservative corner of the midwest. I knew several fundie/fundie-lite families growing up and the main difference is how functioning the kids are as adult members of society. 

In my violin group/youth orchestra, there were lots of fundies. Kids who came from families of 8+, were only allowed to listen to classical music, homeschooled, not allowed to socialize outside of their church circle, wore frumpers, etc. In their late-20s, they are barely employable and rely on grifting or janatorial work that doesn't always pay the bills. 

Compare to the fundie-lite kids I knew from school/summer jobs: They weren't allowed to watch PG-13 movies (even as teenagers) or be close friends with non-church members but they still went to full-time school, dressed like other teenagers, were passingly polite, and now earn middle class incomes in mainstream professions. Granted, I don't endorse their bigoted beliefs about gay people, trans people, or people of non-christian faiths but, at least the fundie-lite families gave their children opportunities for a decent future. 

I understand that not everyone is going to be Ivy-educated or a doctor/lawyer/engineer but what really grinds my gears about the Bates is that they don't even give their kids a shot at the middle. They've robbed them of the opportunity to be average for their own interpretation of what the bible says. 

8 hours ago, TatertotAsserole said:

I understand that not everyone is going to be Ivy-educated or a doctor/lawyer/engineer but what really grinds my gears about the Bates is that they don't even give their kids a shot at the middle. They've robbed them of the opportunity to be average for their own interpretation of what the bible says. 

I do think Zach becoming a police officer is a positive development. He had to go to a non-religious affiliated school and works a secular job. I realize "cop in the South" is still very culturally conservative, but it's not a Gothard job in "ministry" and does require him to associate with plenty of non-fundamentalists both as co-workers and people he is serving. He has a shot at the middle. I'm also interested in what Josie does with her beautician license and if she goes to work in a real salon.

I hope the younger kids see this and it broadens their horizons. Yeah, it's doubtful anyone is going to become a surgeon or a trial attorney with their weak homeschooling and general disparagement of higher education, but it puts options like phlebotomist, dental hygienist, fireman, and mechanic on the table.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:29 PM, Palindrome said:

I love, LOVE that cute little outfit...except for the bow. I wonder how many different types of hair bow they own? Whoever sells them must be doing a roaring trade!

Really? I don't like it at all. 

Why does a toddler need jeans with a zipper on the bottom? That's just plain uncomfortable and probably irritating to her baby skin as she crawls and toddles around. You gotta wonder why Bradley gets to wear simple, soft pants and Laci is encumbered by a stupid zipper, when she is far too young to care about fashion. 

And she's wearing jewelry? Even though she might swallow it? I guess that's a risk worth taking, so long as she looks cute.

Those slippers are ridiculous. Toddlers can barely walk as it is. They need firm, sturdy shoes with support. Probably like the kind Bradley is wearing. How can Laci learn to run and play in those things? What about helping her develop gross motor skills?  I guess making sure a one-year old looks "cute" is more important. The thing is, one year olds look cute no matter what they wear. 

That outfit is all about what Whitney likes. No thought to what's good for the baby. I hate when people do that to their baby girls.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived