IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates - Part 3

samurai_sarah

@Kangaroo depending on how cold it is where you are, I'm a fan of wool/knit/jersey dresses with woolly tights and boots in winter. Top half often meets fundy standards (for warmth) but knees aren't usually covered and the fit can be nicely fitted/clingy.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitney has been looking really good and happy and healthy. But her Instagram pics from yesterday, her face looks fuller. Maybe she just had a salty meal, but I also wonder now that Kaci is a year old if it's that time again :/

1 hour ago, habert said:

Whitney has been looking really good and happy and healthy. But her Instagram pics from yesterday, her face looks fuller. Maybe she just had a salty meal, but I also wonder now that Kaci is a year old if it's that time again :/

I was actually thinking about this because she hadn't uploaded a pic of her torso since the 4th of July, but she finally did yesterday. When I saw the pic she didn't really look that pregnant to me but your observation is interesting....

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I was actually thinking about this because she hadn't uploaded a pic of her torso since the 4th of July, but she finally did yesterday. When I saw the pic she didn't really look that pregnant to me but your observation is interesting....

Yeah I mean I also don't want to be the person that dissects every picture of these women about how they look. It just really popped out at me the moment I saw it and I actually went to look at the other pic of her and zach from a few weeks ago and her face definitely looks fuller to me compared to that pic. 

But on its own, these pics don't scream pregnant. It's just her face compared to other recent photos of her face. 

On 9.9.2017 at 5:45 PM, Andrea said:

Gotta admit I find him very attractive.  And Whitney looks so different  than she looked season 1. Its like she flourished  with motherhood.  

She reminds me a lot of Anna Duggar. She also really flourished with motherhood and even through all the drama of the last two years she became more and more beautiful!

This just reminded me of this Jane Austen quote from Persuasion:

“It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before; and, generally speaking, if there has been neither ill-health nor anxiety, it is a time of life at which scarcely any charm is lost.” … 

Made me think of Whitney and Anna. Possible to look better when you're older...

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

This just reminded me of this Jane Austen quote from Persuasion:

“It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before; and, generally speaking, if there has been neither ill-health nor anxiety, it is a time of life at which scarcely any charm is lost.” … 

Made me think of Whitney and Anna. Possible to look better when you're older...

I find this is often the case. I'm surprised when people act as if women are at their most attractive at 19,20. I still had acne then, and was awkward and still didn't know how to do my hair or makeup. It took some time in my twenties to know what looked best on me and to gain some confidence.

I'm tickled at myself that a little old-fashioned Southern part of me looked at Whitney's pic and thought "bare shoulders in church? why I never!"

Yes, I've been scandalized by a Gothardite. : )

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm tickled at myself that a little old-fashioned Southern part of me looked at Whitney's pic and thought "bare shoulders in church? why I never!"

Yes, I've been scandalized by a Gothardite. : )

I would never wear bare shoulders to Temple either. Pants yes. An off the shoulder top never.

I find the bare shoulders really surprising, too. I wouldn't wear my shoulders bare to church, and my church is liberal and I'm fairly liberal myself. My church wouldn't care at all, but I would feel really weird. 

Don't get me wrong - she looks fantastic, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with what she's wearing. But it definitely makes me wonder. Where are they going to church now, that she feels comfortable wearing something like that? Surely it can't be the Bateses' church?

It looks like jersey material - maybe it's one of those dresses you can raise or lower the sleeves to be on or off the shoulders? That would solve the modesty issue.

Agreed. If the Bates are sticklers on no pants I'm willing to bet that extends to bare shoulders.

I could never bare my shoulders in church. That's just me and not a knock on her. Too much old school Catholic in my blood.

So interesting cause that totally makes sense to be modest at church. My church is Evangelical but it has the laxest dress-code ever. In middle/high school a lot of clothing option I would just be like oh? I also gotten away with wear more than lax clothes as well. It just so interesting because they're very judgemental besides that.

On 12.9.2017 at 8:26 PM, Mela99 said:

I could never bare my shoulders in church. That's just me and not a knock on her. Too much old school Catholic in my blood.

No old school Catholic in my blood, but still I dress rather modest (and classy) when going to church.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:23 PM, WhoompThereItIs said:

It looks like jersey material - maybe it's one of those dresses you can raise or lower the sleeves to be on or off the shoulders? That would solve the modesty issue.

My thoughts exactly. All my off the shoulder tops could be raised to cover the shoulders.

Agree with everyone else, showing shoulder seems more scandalous than knees/collarbones.

I subsribes on UPTV where they show Bringing Uo Bates, got I email sayingthat as a Subscriver I can see full Bates episodes, but the links that they are giving me in the email doesnt work,I can only still see the short clips..

Anyone else experienxing this?

I was raised in a pretty traditional Methodist church...so I can't even get on board with the whole casual non-denominational churches with people wear jeans....lol. To me church is a place you dress nicely for, and not dressed casually.

I do love Whitney's dress though, and I agree they both look so much healthier these days!

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived