IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates - Part 3

samurai_sarah

You guys!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

Whitney appears to have a job outside the home!!!!!! Her insta story contained something about a realty company earlier this week but I didn't think any thing of it, until THIS appeared on her Instagram bio. Do we know anything about this???

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 4.08.29 PM.png

In less exciting news, Zach has clearly lost weight and looks good. I think Zach and Whit's kids are even cuter than Jessa's (please don't hate me). 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zach has never looked better.  Michelle was a REALTOR for a while too. She helped with the commercial real estate with Jim Boob. I think its an acceptable Fundie profession. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, neurogirl said:

*snip*

In less exciting news, Zach has clearly lost weight and looks good. I think Zach and Whit's kids are even cuter than Jessa's (please don't hate me).  

I agree that it'll be great for her if this is a job she's doing completely on her own. Also, Zach looks great. The thinner he is the more I see how similar he looks to his brothers. I used to think he looked quite different from them. 

I don't hate you, but I vehemently disagree :pb_wink: no one tops the Spurge for me (but Bradley is so, so very close. It's more like a 1-a, 1-b ranking than a 1 and 2 haha). 

On 9/16/2017 at 0:58 AM, Irene said:

I subsribes on UPTV where they show Bringing Uo Bates, got I email sayingthat as a Subscriver I can see full Bates episodes, but the links that they are giving me in the email doesnt work,I can only still see the short clips..

Anyone else experienxing this?

Yes! It keeps turning around in circles back to the short clips.

23 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

I don't hate you, but I vehemently disagree :pb_wink: no one tops the Spurge for me (but Bradley is so, so very close. It's more like a 1-a, 1-b ranking than a 1 and 2 haha). 

I have to chime in here and say that Carson Paine just melts me. He has such a sweet face.

That's cool if Whitney is a Realtor although as previously stated, Michelle was also a Realtor so it's not completely unheard of for fundie wives. But either way, I hope it is something she really enjoys.

Not only does Whitney have her affiliate broker license, it lists 93 credit hours of education. Good for her, I'm glad she can break the mold enough to get a job outside the home.

I can't chose between Carson, Bradley and Spurgeon are all so cute and adorable. Out of the girls so far Callie's the cutest for me although Allie's a close second. Time will tell if Brooklyn, Kaci and Lexi are too cute too.  They are cute babies but Callie and Allie have both said some really cute things. 

Good for Whitney becoming an estate agent. Sounds like an interesting profession. I have so, so many thoughts on this so apologies in advance for my ramblings.

I wonder if this means the kids won't be homeschooled? Or maybe Kelly will start teaching the grandkids? Or maybe someone like Erin will take on the role of teacher, given her children and Zachneys are very close in age.

Maybe this is how she affords her nice clothes? I can imagine Zachs work and the show pay enough for them to live comfortably, but her working probably they can afford a few nicer things in life. It's also a very smart idea given Zach's line of work and the fact the show won't run forever. Whitney having skills and experience to sustain them if they have no other income source.

Overall, it's really nice to see Whitney is able to have a career outside just being a mother. I hope she finds it rewarding and maybe it paves the way for some other girls in the family to have careers and children if they want to.

@Kangaroo She only got her license in August so the nice clothing has been around longer than the job. I suspect that she will still home school and only work part time when Zach is home to watch the kids.

Law enforcement officers are grossly under paid. In many cases it takes 2 incomes just to afford the necessities. And that's just for an average sized family. This also clearly shows that Zach and Whitney want a better life for their for their kids than what they had growing up (especially Whitney). That doesn't mean they are/will be less fundie, just a different flavor of fundie...hopefully, maybe, possibly.

26 minutes ago, Bethella said:

@Kangaroo She only got her license in August so the nice clothing has been around longer than the job. I suspect that she will still home school and only work part time when Zach is home to watch the kids.

Ah okay. In that case maybe it helps to support her clothing tastes! We've still got a few years yet but it will be interesting to see.

7 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Law enforcement officers are grossly under paid. In many cases it takes 2 incomes just to afford the necessities. And that's just for an average sized family. This also clearly shows that Zach and Whitney want a better life for their for their kids than what they had growing up (especially Whitney). That doesn't mean they are/will be less fundie, just a different flavor of fundie...hopefully, maybe, possibly.

I'm sad to here law enforcement is underpaid in some places, especially if they can't afford basics. It is not by any means a wealthy career path here either, but it has a above average salary and benefits. Sydney is a very expensive place to live, but you definitely see lot of people struggling to give their kids more but it's ridiculously hard.

And of course their harmful beliefs are still there and that sucks. It's interesting to see how the married couples differentiate from their parents and siblings views and attitudes though.

I guess that Whitney felt a little more self-confident during the years of swimming in Bates Kool-Aid pool to get a job for herself . Especially when all married Bates girls have had some kind of job.

I don't believe that their beliefs will change anytime soon (ever?) but I hope they will be able to secure their children's future at least (education or some kind of it? - yes, I have high hopes).

And in regards to the fashion choices - I like to go through her instagram for inspiration now rather for an eye-roll (there is plenty of others left) lol

I have seen Real Estate Agents pop a kid on their hip and go show houses with their own children in tow.  For awhile she can probably do it all.  The thing about real estate (at least everywhere I have lived in the US and that's a lot of places) is that they get paid a percentage of sale price so they only get paid if they sell and/or rent a place out.  So its not like she's bringing home a weekly salary unless she is regularly working and selling.  Lots of agents 'show' houses, fewer sell them. 

Whitney got an AA in medical coding before she married Zach, I wonder why she isn't using her degree. I thought it was something you could do part time, and possibly from home as well.

Here is real estate business she says she is with. Why isn't she listed on the agents page? http://baileycorealestate.com/

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Whitney got an AA in medical coding before she married Zach, I wonder why she isn't using her degree. I thought it was something you could do part time, and possibly from home as well.

So I know nothing firsthand about medical billing, but I remember when she first got her degree, some posters with experience in the profession said that it's actually quite competitive, and everyone wants the more flexible, work-from-home jobs. So it sounds like even if she could get a job in that, she'd have to report to an office, so maybe the realtor gig is more flexible with two little kids? She can drop the kids off at Erin's or Kelly's if she has a showing, or bring them with her in a pinch.

Not only is it competitive but I have heard that it's a somewhat dying profession. More automation of the programs they use is leading to a lessening demand. 

I was JUST coming here to see if anyone else noticed Whitney's new profession listed on her Instagram!

I'm glad to see that she's getting a job outside the house. For the record, several of my friends are real estate agents and none of them work in an office M-F. They all work for a realty company, but they also all work from home. Back when they all first started they do "floor duty" to get those walk-ins back before they got a few sales/listings under their belt. Now none of them ever step foot inside the office unless they have something they need to do or get their key-card reactivated. We just sold our home, and purchased a new lot to start building...literally EVERYTHING is electronic these days and we DocuSigned all offers and contracts electronically. No need to go into an office!

I think we should also take into account that Whitney wasn't raised fundy and so wouldn't have the fundy mindset when it comes to women working outside the home. She obviously tried to make her new in-laws happy by wearing dresses but it's obvious she didn't have any problem going back to jeans and regular clothing. To me she is was always playing fundy but went right back to her normal lifestyle when secure in her new marriage. She met Zach at work so working isn't foreign to her. Whitney seems to have had a tough life growing up and Zach seems to have had a childhood where money was always tight. My guess is that neither wants their children to go without or worried about where the grocery money will come from. 

8 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Not only is it competitive but I have heard that it's a somewhat dying profession. More automation of the programs they use is leading to a lessening demand. 

Not true

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm#tab-6

Computers can assign a code, but they can't check for human error the way an actual technician can. Even if the US ever gets single payer, it's still a needed profession. Doing the job from home doesn't seem very practical though, and a lot of techs don't have all of the certifications that companies and hospitals need. 

I don't think there's much to support Ma Duggar using her real estate license once they went fundy. I think after that it was just wallpaper.  

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived