IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

I would love to see Jana go visit JinJer for like...6 months and enjoy spending her days with just one sister. Maybe they could even go to the library again! And maybe Jana could actually get a fucking break! But the TTH would fall apart without her so...never going to happen :(

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine that in a couple years, once the lost girls hit their teens, Jana will suddenly meet the love of her life (aka JB will actually allow someone to pass his filter and approach Jana herself) and be married within a year. I expect we'll see her wed around 2019-2020. she could definitely easily be pregnant by her 30th birthday. I know Jana seems to enjoy playing music and volunteering locally, I would love to see her meet a guy through that. 

what I would hate to see is Johannah becoming the "Jana" of the younger girls...

On 29.5.2017 at 5:47 PM, ariel9 said:

There could always be new converts or those finding their way back *shudder.

And I'm sure those are all trustworthy men, honorable men (ahem Tabitha)!  I fear for Jana that  JB will marry her off to the next guy that comes along as soon as ratings start declining or the money train is over. Then she will announce the courtship and pretty much everyone will be astonished on how that guy made the cut...

And douzens of guys who have been turned down in the past would think the same...

8 hours ago, eveandadam said:

*Snipped*  and pretty much everyone will be astonished on how that guy made the cut...

JimBoob will be very careful who he lets court Jana. He will be so scared of the shit storm that would ensue if the guy he lets court and marry Jana is anything but personable and outstanding. She won't go the way of Tabitha. It would be Josh Gate 2.0. Too many people - even those that don't watch the show are invested in Jana

On 5/31/2017 at 5:44 AM, Pasta said:

At least she isn't alone with the kids. Looks like older people are with her. No idea who they all are though. 

I think one of them is her friend Laura de Masie (masiespace). Jana seems to be spending a lot of time with her lately, I wonder if she's living at the TTH?

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

JimBoob will be very careful who he lets court Jana. He will be so scared of the shit storm that would ensue if the guy he lets court and marry Jana is anything but personable and outstanding. She won't go the way of Tabitha. It would be Josh Gate 2.0. Too many people - even those that don't watch the show are invested in Jana

Even my father, who only has watched a couple of episodes and won't watch them anymore, has heard the term "CinderJana."

Some of the non-duggar kids in that picture also featured in the mothers day video, it got me confused because i have no idea who they are!

Jessa's obsession with Joanna Gaines continues. I figured her fangirling would compare Joanna Gaines to her, but no, she compared Joanna to JANA. 

Now, I have never seen even a promo for Fixer Upper, but is this even a fair comparison? At least Jessa was honest; she doesn't seem to be very handy, and her house is stuffed to the gills with unnecessary tchotkes and inspirational crap. 

IMG_5591.thumb.PNG.8e0db694f0f6cd45087b1a5e3d047a43.PNG

Speaking of Joanna, it looks like the Duggars were with her on their recent trip to Waco!

IMG_3695.PNG

I don't think JB has as much involvement in the girls romantic choices as everyone thinks. I mean look at Jinger and Jeremy. They were already "talking" way before they started an official courtship. JB had nothing to do with her meeting Jeremy. It's very possible Jana has or had a boyfriend and just didn't announce it to the world. She's a shy girl so I could see her not wanting all that attention.
I just watched an episode of counting on where Jana said she's content being single and that she's not rushing off to get married to the first guy she meets.
It's also possible she doesn't even live at home. Or if she does live at home, she probably has grandma duggars old room. I don't think Jana's live is as depressing as people make it seem.
The real depressing life is Jill, Jessa, and Joy Anna.

Ah, the "tribe" trip. At least that one was a road trip. JD didn't have to waste gas to satisfy his sister's whims (I think Jinger was along for the ride on that one, or am I mistaken)?

False alarm. Ain't no Joanna. It was Jennifer Hartono at the Rio Grande. Now that makes more sense

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jessa's obsession with Joanna Gaines continues. I figured her fangirling would compare Joanna Gaines to her, but no, she compared Joanna to JANA. 

Now, I have never seen even a promo for Fixer Upper, but is this even a fair comparison? At least Jessa was honest; she doesn't seem to be very handy, and her house is stuffed to the gills with unnecessary tchotkes and inspirational crap.

The only thing they really have in common is:

1. They're conservative Christians. 

2. They have fantastic hair.

Thats about it. The Gaines family do attend a Church where the Pastor preaches anti-LGBTQ bullshit. Or at least used to. Not really sure what the Gaines feel personally. But yeah, Jo seems to be a strong and talented woman. Jana really just looks pretty while decorating houses. 

(Which is a damn shame because who knows what Jana could accomplish if she woke up and realized she could choose to live differently if she wanted to.)

On 2017-05-31 at 9:07 PM, CatchThatCow said:

Is she even allowed to go outside alone? I know there are rules about having to take a buddy/spy/tattletale every place you go. I need time alone and I think I'd go crazy if I had a dozen small children with me 24/7. I know she's used to it but come on. 

She would probably have to pry one off with a crowbar in order to get any alone time.

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

Who's house is this? Joy and Austin? 

The Gaines are very Christian. I like the show and enjoy her designs. I did buy the magazine and it is really lovely, just relaxing stuff. But I think it is theChristian aspect that Miss Jessa likes. But of course I do not know for sure.

I've been giving this a fair amount of thought.

I'm not convinced that Jana will marry.  If you watch that video where she is talking about Josh having led a double life (Ashley Madison).  She is deeply troubled about being able to trust anyone, and wonders if all people wear masks.

With the favoritism in that family, although they "treasure every blessing", she has had so much use and abuse growing up; perhaps it  just isn't worth the chance.  Maybe she is good at masking pain most of the time.  

The other thing I noticed was JD - he says he now needs to be the example the boys look to.  Should that not fall especially in their circles to the Father of the  House?  I doubt he'll marry until Jana does, or at least until all the children have.

Eh, I don't see the problem of Jessa seemingly being a Gaines super fan.  I imagine the Duggar girls never went through a "fandom" phase in their frumper years. The only thing they were allowed to love hardcore was Jesus. At least they watch some sort of television where the persons religious beliefs aren't at the forefront. 

17 hours ago, Lulu22du said:

I don't think JB has as much involvement in the girls romantic choices as everyone thinks. I mean look at Jinger and Jeremy. They were already "talking" way before they started an official courtship. JB had nothing to do with her meeting Jeremy. It's very possible Jana has or had a boyfriend and just didn't announce it to the world. She's a shy girl so I could see her not wanting all that attention.

There's that "girls" reference again. And applied to Jana? Not even close. Y'all should really just stop it.

And if you really think Jana had or has a boyfriend, you don't know much about patriarchy culture.

I see that you are new here, but giving a contrarian opinion just because makes it look like you didn't read here much before signing up. JB controls with an iron fist ain't nobody marrying one of his maidens without his examination and approval.

14 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

JB controls with an iron fist ain't nobody marrying one of his maidens without his examination and approval.

This times 100000.

I think a lot of people are underestimating just how controlling he is and the power he wields over his children, even the kidults. 

4 hours ago, Greendoor said:

The other thing I noticed was JD - he says he now needs to be the example the boys look to.  Should that not fall especially in their circles to the Father of the  House?  I doubt he'll marry until Jana does, or at least until all the children have.

JD has grown on me over the years, yes he has pulled some stupid pranks but what teenage or young adult boy hasn't (hello frat houses).  I often wonder if he and Jana have some kind of pact, because let's be real they are the parents in that house now.  I remember them building some sort of play structure for the younger kids, and he really went above and beyond to implement Jana's idea, from what I remember. 

19 hours ago, Lulu22du said:

I don't think JB has as much involvement in the girls romantic choices as everyone thinks. 

You obviously haven't reached the episode where it was discussed that the future husbands had to answer a 100 question questionnaire. Keep watching friend and then come back and say the Boob isn't controlling 

There's that "girls" reference again. And applied to Jana? Not even close. Y'all should really just stop it.
And if you really think Jana had or has a boyfriend, you don't know much about patriarchy culture.
I see that you are new here, but giving a contrarian opinion just because makes it look like you didn't read here much before signing up. JB controls with an iron fist ain't nobody marrying one of his maidens without his examination and approval.

Wow by saying it's wrong for me to have a contrarian opinion is basically saying there is no room for discussion here. I understand what you're saying, but it's coming across as rude. I thought this was a forum to discuss the Duggars. I guess in order to be here I have to say exactly what y'all are saying. Lame.

30 minutes ago, Lulu22du said:

Wow by saying it's wrong for me to have a contrarian opinion is basically saying there is no room for discussion here. I understand what you're saying, but it's coming across as rude. I thought this was a forum to discuss the Duggars. I guess in order to be here I have to say exactly what y'all are saying. Lame.

Sorry, this is bullshit. Contrarian WITH REASONS, sure. But just to say something that flies  in the face of years of posting history, with no substantiation, uh no.

Once again, if you read here before joining, you would see that we discuss stuff ad nauseum. 

And if you think what I posted was rude, you may want to rethink this FJ thing. That was tame.

If we are lame, that door you came in through swings both ways. Too bad you got off to a bad start here, most new members fit in just fine. But FJ is not for everyone. 

And by the way, FJ is way bigger than the Duggars, and the stated mission is to discuss the dangers of fundamentalism.

Sorry, this is bullshit. Contrarian WITH REASONS, sure. But just to say something that flies  in the face of years of posting history, with no substantiation, uh no.

Once again, if you read here before joining, you would see that we discuss stuff ad nauseum. 

And if you think what I posted was rude, you may want to rethink this FJ thing. That was tame.

If we are lame, that door you came in through swings both ways. Too bad you got off to a bad start here, most new members fit in just fine. But FJ is not for everyone. 

And by the way, FJ is way bigger than the Duggars, and the stated mission is to discuss the dangers of fundamentalism.

Wow this only my third day here and I guess you're the representative here since you're speaking for everyone. I never post on forums and I can tell this was a huge mistake. Hostile person. Last time I post anything for sure. And if that was tame then I'm definitely out of here. And no offense but you sound like you're a miserable person.

Have a awesome day. Sounds like you need it. default_smile.png

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived