IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

8 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Except that Jana was supposed to be a bit of a more challenging child, before whatever training began. Jana is quiet now, but she wasn't born that way, according to Duggar lore. She's meek by training, not by birth.

Johanna and Jackson just recently reached the point of sibling separation by gender. Around puberty does seem to be the general time, I agree.

I always forget that. But yes, you're absolutely right. Thank you for reminding me!

1 hour ago, likejana86 said:

she was more challenging??why???

She seems to have had a strong and stubborn personality. If I remember right, I believe she was described as being similar to Jessa. Both parents have admitted Jessa was their most difficult child - I'm assuming by this they meant she was much more stubborn and stronger willed than the others. 

53 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

They talked about how Jana would be the one to climb over stuff, etc. as a toddler, while John-David would follow Jana once he saw her do something. I'm assuming by "more challenging", they meant that Jana was always into everything and it was exhausting to constantly get her to stop doing that.

So, kind of like Israel Dillard? He strikes me as a high energy, high curiosity kid.

(I love the fact that he seems to have that type of personality. Reminds me of my one year-old nephew - he doesn't stop moving and exploring until he passes out at night. Lol!)

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/21/2017 at 8:03 PM, Pasta said:

There's speculation that Jbob was trying to sell off damaged goods and since they're sold,  it's Jana's turn. 

It should have been Jana's turn no matter what since she is the oldest.

Our lives are nothing alike, but I relate to Jana in the sense that I'm nearing 30, perpetually single, and the oldest and only unmarried one out of (in my case 3) sisters.

I used to be the "star" child of my family. I got straight As and stayed out of trouble while my sisters failed classes and got in legal trouble, had pregnancy scares, etc. I was the only one to finish college, the one everyone expected to be successful, and the one everyone told "I have no idea how you turned out so normal."

Then I developed health problems, and everything in my life got put on hold for what is starting to feel like will be forever. It was stressful but never too bad until the past few months when both of my sisters got married. Now I'm suddenly the old, floundering sister still living at home who is looking like she'll never go anywhere in life who all of my distant relatives want to set up with a guy or offer unsolicited advice.They're not even great marriages...one sister threatens divorce every other day and physically abuses her husband, and the other married a guy in another country she met on a video game so she could get a visa. But it doesn't matter. Marriage is the ultimate accomplishment, and now everyone in my family looks down on me with pity. I don't even want to be married...I want a career, but I'm nowhere near as smart as I used to be and can't seem to get and keep a good job because my health problems have destroyed my memory and language recall abilities. Anyway. Sometimes I think I should just do what my one sister did and go marry a guy from the internet just to have the "wife" title so everyone will stop pitying me and being embarrassed by me.

Sorry for making this post too much about me. I do hope Jana doesn't feel as bad behind the scenes.

Thanks, everyone. Kinda embarrassed I posted all of that now. I hadn't been paying much attention to the Duggars lately. I saw someone's...Jill's maybe...Instagram post about Joy getting married and instantly thought, "Omg poor Jana." Came here to check if Jana was indeed still completely single --> hit too close to home --> cue depression.

4 hours ago, lizbeth said:

I saw someone's...Jill's maybe...Instagram post about Joy getting married and instantly thought, "Omg poor Jana." Came here to check if Jana was indeed still completely single --> hit too close to home --> cue depression.

Don't worry, it would be some kind of heartless barsteward to not get heartsore for what these kids have been thrown up through.

You'll get there again. ;)

Lizbeth, my sister married for the second time around the time I married for the first time, at 36. I got tons of pity when I didn't date for most of my 20s, after a early broken engagement.  People can be jerks, even family. I hated all the questions & implications that something was wrong with me or I was too picky. Everyone assumed I would never have a kid. My career was not going great then either. It was super depressing, that nothing was working out for me.

But life got better. I met a decent guy, got better jobs, traveled a lot. Later I found out my married friends & sisters were a bit jealous of me then cause I was not tied down. Life can change a lot. Thankfully! And now I never, ever make comments on anyone's " season of life." 

10 hours ago, lizbeth said:

Then I developed health problems, and everything in my life got put on hold for what is starting to feel like will be forever. It was stressful but never too bad until the past few months when both of my sisters got married. Now I'm suddenly the old, floundering sister still living at home who is looking like she'll never go anywhere in life who all of my distant relatives want to set up with a guy or offer unsolicited advice.They're not even great marriages...one sister threatens divorce every other day and physically abuses her husband, and the other married a guy in another country she met on a video game so she could get a visa. But it doesn't matter. Marriage is the ultimate accomplishment, and now everyone in my family looks down on me with pity. I don't even want to be married...I want a career, but I'm nowhere near as smart as I used to be and can't seem to get and keep a good job because my health problems have destroyed my memory and language recall abilities. Anyway. Sometimes I think I should just do what my one sister did and go marry a guy from the internet just to have the "wife" title so everyone will stop pitying me and being embarrassed by me.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I do understand what your going through and that your not alone. Health problems have put my life on hold for almost three years and it too is looking like and often feels like this is how its always going to be. Its not easy to think job, marriage and kids are all off the table.  This isn't the first time I've had to put my life on hold. If you want to talk I'm here.  

I could be so wrong, but perhaps part of the reason for Jana's single status could be that she was overshadowed by the equally lovely but apparently more polished/accomplished Bates daughters. I can't watch the Bates show, but I've heard about them and seen some photos. I've read on FJ about the dish that is Chad Paine, and it looks like Alyssa and Michael did pretty good too. Ugh, I really hate that these young women have no other option than to marry. 

I could be so wrong, but perhaps part of the reason for Jana's single status could be that she was overshadowed by the equally lovely but apparently more polished/accomplished Bates daughters. I can't watch the Bates show, but I've heard about them and seen some photos. I've read on FJ about the dish that is Chad Paine, and it looks like Alyssa and Michael did pretty good too. Ugh, I really hate that these young women have no other option than to marry. 

That is a possibility. I think it's a combination of multiple issues. When Jill, Jessa, and Jinger left, I wonder if that was super traumatic for the younger siblings. It's comparable to them losing a parent. So maybe Jana can't bring herself to do the same to them.
I honestly don't think there are mental issues going on with with Jana as some posters have said above. I just think Jana has a lot of compassion and heart for her younger siblings. She puts others first before herself. Which I believe has been in her training since she was a child. Have a servants heart as the Duggars would say. Ugh. Poor girl.

I still say Jana is content to wait for Prince Charming, whoever he is. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

What do you mean "whoever he is?" Is anything under suspision? Or did you mean that in a way like "where ever he's located" or, in their language "whoever it is that God has for her."

39 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

What do you mean "whoever he is?" Is anything under suspision? Or did you mean that in a way like "where ever he's located" or, in their language "whoever it is that God has for her."

Whoever he is meaning that as of right now we don't know who he is. Jana may or may not. He's a question mark. 

I just read it as Jana decided it was time to get out of the house and instantly got excited. Then I saw the kids and thought darn.

At least she isn't alone with the kids. Looks like older people are with her. No idea who they all are though. 

Anybody else have the thought who are all those kids? My goodness if you didn't know better you would think she was running some kind of camp.

Someone should tell Jana there's no such thing as Prince Charming and cut her chain so that she can escape. Yes I'm cynical but I feel bad for the girl. She's the only adult left in that house. She probably does everything from cooking to cleaning to taking care of kids. 

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well, hopefully not a convicted rapist like the dude Tabitha Paine married.

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jana's still on babysitting duty.

tumblr_oqsfc9jWsI1uipssao1_500.jpg

Anybody's else thought the way they captioned the pic was really weird? To me, it's quite obvious what they're intentions are

8 hours ago, infooverload said:

Anybody else have the thought who are all those kids? My goodness if you didn't know better you would think she was running some kind of camp.

you can tell there are two humper mothers with their own kids, Jenni her only sibling the picture and three of Anna's kids who is off killing Josh hopefully and Izzy because Jill can't walk what with she has in her stomach  they just act like she is leading it when I am sure the humper mothers are leading their own kids  nothing to be impressed about 

9 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Anybody's else thought the way they captioned the pic was really weird? To me, it's quite obvious what they're intentions are

The way they captioned it made me read it as "Jana wanted some alone time but her hoard of children followed her."

Is she even allowed to go outside alone? I know there are rules about having to take a buddy/spy/tattletale every place you go. I need time alone and I think I'd go crazy if I had a dozen small children with me 24/7. I know she's used to it but come on. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived