IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

On 4/21/2017 at 4:11 PM, DomWackTroll said:

You mean, like this?

I thought women weren't supposed to work under the umbrellas of strange men, leaving their homes unattended and their fathers/husbands to their own devices, but it's a brand new day in Vision Forum Land and suddenly everyone's liberated. 

Except for that generation of SAHD who were denied education and opportunity so that Doug and the boys could make a buck.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jencendiary said:

Except for that generation of SAHD who were denied education and opportunity so that Doug and the boys could make a buck.

Oh but they don't talk about THAT. :naughty:

Books like Elsie Dinsmore taught me that character can been seen in the complexion. Men who are dissolute are florid and blotchy and girls who don't play the piano on Sundays have glowing countenances and clear eyes.

18 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I think it's just the shadow is the trees on his face.

He looks sunburnt, has bags and shadows under his eyes and has lost a lot of weight?

4 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

I would like this twice if I could. A lot of young women are royally fucked because of  Doug's teaching. Now he gets to have a change of heart but they stuck with substandard educations and in unequal marriages. I hope a European burlesque dancer kicks him in the balls.

20 hours ago, Howl said:

The Daddy/Daughter Dance is a thing!  https://www.facebook.com/DurangoDaddyDaughterDance/

Wouldn't you know it?  It's a "pretend we're in Paris" dance. 

The church putting it on is River Church in Durango.  It looks to be a "contemporary" style church with a band!  The denomination is Foursquare: http://www.foursquare.org/

From the Women's Ministry web page: “A Kingdom church culture requires powerful men and powerful women partnering in church leadership…”
Powerful and Free by Danny Silk

For those a little more aware of churches in general, where would this church land in the conservative-liberal church continuum?  Their statement of faith is here.  They seem just this side of fundy. 

As far as I know, Foursquare are not what I would consider fundy. They hold to fairly standard traditional Christian beliefs. I believe they're a charismatic/pentecostal denomination - not the bizarre holiness pentecostal thing, but like they believe in things like prophecy and spiritual gifts. I don't know their stance on women pastors, but women would generally be encouraged to serve in church life, and the charismatic element means women can usually share things during the service. They're not generally one of these churches that idolises some mythical golden era in the past.

I had a friend who pastored a church in another country which was planted by Foursquare (he's a native of that country, not American). He felt they were too prescriptive in how the church should be run, and didn't take the local culture into account enough. But even when he broke away from them, they were okay with it, and didn't even revoked his ordination with them, and continued to ask him to speak at their churches when he visited the USA. So from that I got the impression that they're maybe quite strict about how things are done, but they're not rabidly controlling or trying to take over people's lives for money or anything like that.

8 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I would like this twice if I could. A lot of young women are royally fucked because of  Doug's teaching. Now he gets to have a change of heart but they stuck with substandard educations and in unequal marriages. I hope a European burlesque dancer kicks him in the balls.

And "stuck settling their rape lawsuit out of court, and stuck trying to parent six kids alone with no ability to provide for them." It makes me so mad that the Philips get to move on from VF with no repercussions when Doug has irreparably ruined so many lives.

15 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

I hope Kelly Bradrick is following all of this with steam coming out of her ears. 

And I hope she has the difficult but necessary epiphany of just how much all of these men have shamelessly used her. 

22 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Out of all the A and B listers in VF land (defined as those who appeared regularly or at least more than once in Doug's Blog), has anyone besides Carmon Friedrich publicly repudiated those poisonous beliefs? A number of them (and their kids, thank FSM) are obviously living very different lives now.

Alysa Wakefield Welch and Robert Welch have publiy denounced both ATI and Vision Forum and called it a cult. Moreover they denounced the "sacred cow" of what we call militant fecundity and anti- birth control mind set, and spoke out against Duggar sex abuse cover-up. 

Welch family was discussed here or maybe it was on old Yuku board. Robert is the eldest son of Bob Welch, VF board member, and was Doug's first assistant at the time of VF inception. They were the original fundy royalty. Alysa used to run a blog called Resolved2worship but closed it after it was hacked by a crazy stalker fan. 

She has an FB page where all this information was found.

11 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Well that would give him an excuse to practise his wide stance. If he is still into that of course.

51 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

She has an FB page where all this information was found.

Interesting!  Thanks.  It is a long read but worth it.

Re. Foursquare: If Doug has joined that church they should know who he is and proceed with caution.  It's not as though the VF scandal didn't hit the national media as well as the usual Christian press.  Hie Wikipedia entry goes into the whole scandal too - he can run but he should not be able to hide.

6 hours ago, BobTheWalrus said:

As far as I know, Foursquare are not what I would consider fundy.

Foursquare has probably gained respectability these days, but had Aimee Semple McPherson been born 50 years later she would have been a faith healing televangelist.  We would probably wince at her as much as we do the Roberts, Bakkers, Swaggarts, Robertsons, and Hinns.  She had a touch of the Peter Popoffs, IMO. (I can't believe that he and Bakker are back with new gigs!)

Instead she had to make do with radio.  She was definitely a feminist and made it to the big time by herself (she divorced a couple of husbands on the way to the top) but she had her issues.  

She never built herself a theme park, but scampered around with more make-up, designer clothing, furs, and other luxury stuff than probably Tammy Faye (RIP) and Jan Crouch combined.  Interesting woman.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/04/30/famous-aimee

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Alysa Wakefield Welch and Robert Welch have publiy denounced both ATI and Vision Forum and called it a cult. Moreover they denounced the "sacred cow" of what we call militant fecundity and anti- birth control mind set, and spoke out against Duggar sex abuse cover-up. 

Thank you for this information. They weren't on my radar though Robert Welch the father was -- wasn't he also an elder at BCA at one point as well as being legal counsel (whatever that entailed) for VFM/VFI?

Also, was it the older or the younger Bob Welch who was married to a Leininger daughter or am I mixing up people?

“…you are always a vision.”

https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10156950417210223.1073741847.112517165222/10158569385715223/?type=3&theater

“There is only one you.”

https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10150235426995223.457219.112517165222/10158564325030223/?type=3&theater

I ask you, are these the comments of a happily married man? Forget the fact that he and Beall were/are fundie; would any NON-FUNDIE woman be okay with her husband making these comments to another woman on social media? I think not.

DomWackTroll you are so right. My theory is Beall is in complete and utter denial and believes any and every line he feeds her. He knows this and is taking full advantage of it  and will be penitent to her if it ever reached that point. She will take him back. I just keep playing the tv  interview post-Lourdes in my mind. Also I do not think DPIART will ever join a church.

47 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

“…you are always a vision.”

https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10156950417210223.1073741847.112517165222/10158569385715223/?type=3&theater

“There is only one you.”

https://www.facebook.com/LadyFloPage/photos/a.10150235426995223.457219.112517165222/10158564325030223/?type=3&theater

I ask you, are these the comments of a happily married man? Forget the fact that he and Beall were/are fundie; would any NON-FUNDIE woman be okay with her husband making these comments to another woman on social media? I think not.

I would be livid if my husband was posting that about a woman on fb. We aren't religious and I'm not jealous. I think it's inappropriate. 

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Also I do not think DPIART will ever join a church.

But he already did.  I forget the name, but we have documentary evidence that when DPIAT ran away from church discipline at BCA he joined a non-Family Integrated church in TX.  There is a membership list somewhere back in the archives that lists Doug, Beall, Joshua and Justice as new church members there.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

would any NON-FUNDIE woman be okay with her husband making these comments to another woman on social media?

I would be pissed off.  

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I ask you, are these the comments of a happily married man?

No, they are not. They are the comments of a narcissistic sociopath who has always done what he wanted no matter who was hurt in the process. Be-all needs to dump his ass but probably won't.

34 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

when DPIAT ran away from church discipline at BCA he joined a non-Family Integrated church in TX.

Can't look it up at the moment, but think they ended up -- for a time, anyway -- at a fairly normal church near Dallas, in the Park Cities area, which is the wealthiest section of the city. It was definitely NOT a NCFIC church.

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I hope Kelly Bradrick is following all of this with steam coming out of her ears. 

And I hope she has the difficult but necessary epiphany of just how much all of these men have shamelessly used her. 

Two questions.

1) is Alysa the daughter of Norm Wakefield?  F so, he was referenced early in the VF days and his church, along with "Little Bear" Wheeler's were "sister churches".  Norm seemed to fade quickly from the VF scene.  Always wondered what he knew and why he disappeared.

2) Alysa/Robert state, "We were not at all shocked or surprise d by  the news yesterday.". The date on the post was May 22, 2015.  So what happened on 5/21/2015?  Was that the Duggard scandal?  I apologise if it obviously was, i didn't follow that one.  So many scandals, so little time...

ETA: not the quote I was going for, sorry.  Working from my phone (which I generally try to avoid doing for reasons such as this).

2 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I want so badly to message this "Lady Flo," and ask her just how much she knows about her flattering "friend."

Wouldn't be surprised if Lady Flo & company see Doug Phillips for the Tool that he is. 

What do they care if a middle-aged narcissistic sociopath is making an ass of himself on their webpages? They're getting some decent photos/video footage out of him -- would be surprised if they paying him much or even at all for this stuff. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

But he already did.  I forget the name, but we have documentary evidence that when DPIAT ran away from church discipline at BCA he joined a non-Family Integrated church in TX.  There is a membership list somewhere back in the archives that lists Doug, Beall, Joshua and Justice as new church members there.

I would be pissed off.  

They joined Hyde Park Baptist Church, a very large (not mega church) very old mainstream Baptist congregation in Austin, TX.  Hyde Park Baptist is the anti-NCFIC.  Hyde Park Baptist  also has a newer, hipper church called The Quarries. 

25 minutes ago, Howl said:

They joined Hyde Park Baptist Church, a very large (not mega church) very old mainstream Baptist congregation in Austin

Thank you! Remembered the Hyde Park (sort of) but confused over location. 

41 minutes ago, Howl said:

They joined Hyde Park Baptist Church, a very large (not mega church) very old mainstream Baptist congregation in Austin, TX.  Hyde Park Baptist is the anti-NCFIC.  Hyde Park Baptist  also has a newer, hipper church called The Quarries. 

These new churches with names that make them sound like Russian gulags or gay leather bars make me laugh. "Are you tough enough for... The Quarries?" Ooh, so masc. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived