IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

Now that I've caught up on her FB posts I want to bleach my brain. First to forget the nasty post about millenials not respecting their parents and then to forget the post about her 7 years of dysentery.  :my_dodgy: :brainbleach:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh good grief. I hope one of them replies. She's so transparent. 

Is there anything new about Alan? What will be her diatribe when he's convicted?

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

they 'anointed' their driveway again with some olive oil.

Huh what??? Why would someone anoint the driveway?  That seems pretty nuts even for Cap'n Bret and Jackie.

I do not believe Jackie had dysentery for 7 years.  Untreated dysentery can kill you. There is no way she lived with it for 7 years.

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Oh good grief. I hope one of them replies. She's so transparent.

Actually I hope there continues to be no response.  When someone is trying to provoke a reaction, silence is far more effective than any kind of response.

As always, Jackie thinks her daughters not fawning over her is a worse crime than children being sexually abused.  Every one of her actions demonstrates why her daughters are right to keep away from her, and I hope the kids at home can escape too.

Over a year ago, I saw a post Jackie made about Sitara being difficult and they got through it. Ever since then, I've hoped that girl would RUN the minute she turns 18. Sitara doesn't smile with her eyes. Her smiles are forced and fake. She is their only black child. She towers over everyone in height. It must be difficult feeling like you stick out in  large fundie family. She always looks uncomfortable around her family. I really hope Bethany offers her a place to stay when she turns 18 since she's the only sister in he US. Free Sitara!

I can't help but wonder if this recent outburst is because the trial is imminent and the Mortons aren't backing down. 

I've seen similar escalations at work, where family and community members who sided with the offender acted fools when the news first came out, calmed down for a while, and then re-escalated when the trial was about to start, thinking that they could shame or manipulate the victims and their families into dropping the charges.

Note: in sex crimes involving minors, the minors and their parents typically do not have the ability to have the charges dropped. The only thing harassing them accomplishes is earning yourself a witness tampering charge.

@JermajestyDuggar Co-signing you - free Sitara!  I've always wondered if the older Smith kids see their adopted siblings as their sisters and brothers, but wow, I hope Sitara has a chance, and Madara too, if she wants to escape (I really, really worry the Captain adopted a non-white girl so she would be expected to stay at home and look after her parents forever...)

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

I can't help but wonder if this recent outburst is because the trial is imminent and the Mortons aren't backing down. 

Is there ANY possibility at all that if the Smith parents attend the trial and hear all the evidence they could actually believe it? I keep wondering how they could think that others are lying about Alan. If there is a mountain of evidence, could they come to their senses? I would be asking myself why a witness or witnesses would lie about what Alan did. For what reason? There are a number of charges against Alan, no bail allowed, and  there are some family members who believe he committed these crimes. Doesn't that make them think? At least consider that there might be something to it? Or is it just that he did some minor thing, has repented, so it should all just end? I keep trying to figure out how their minds work and I'm failing.

I have so many thoughts churning in my head about her Facebook post. For the moment I'll simply leave it at this, if a parent wishes for their child to honor them, they should first be worth of that honor. If your child (or children) are not honoring you, perhaps you should look a little deeper into yourself as to why. If you are the common denominator in a situation, there's usually a reason why. Try to figure out. Do some self reflection. 

Not to mention, what about honoring the innocent? The children? The victims? Where in all of your wisdom and decision making you think earns you honor, does that include protecting the innocent?

The self absorption is astounding. Utterly, heartbreaking astounding.

5 hours ago, Letgo said:

Is there ANY possibility at all that if the Smith parents attend the trial and hear all the evidence they could actually believe it? I keep wondering how they could think that others are lying about Alan. If there is a mountain of evidence, could they come to their senses? I would be asking myself why a witness or witnesses would lie about what Alan did. For what reason? There are a number of charges against Alan, no bail allowed, and  there are some family members who believe he committed these crimes. Doesn't that make them think? At least consider that there might be something to it? Or is it just that he did some minor thing, has repented, so it should all just end? I keep trying to figure out how their minds work and I'm failing.

You know, I have never been able to nail down what the Smiths are thinking with all of this because they contradict themselves so frequently. At times, they act as though Alan was falsely accused and he will be vindicated by THE TRUTH AND THE LORT, but others, they act as though he has confessed, is repentant, and everyone else should therefore forget that it happened and go home. :confused2:

Admittedly, I do not follow their facebook posts all that closely, so someone who does might have a better handle on this than I do. 

Either way, I think they are so invested in Alan being the Golden Child that they will always find some way to defend him and justify his actions. 

From their various posts they don't seem to deny what Alan did.  However, they definitely seem in denial of how bad of a sinner he is. They try to justify how the fact that he admits his sins somehow means everyone else should just forgive him and move on. He was clearly the golden boy. The eldest child and for a long time the only son in an extremely patriarchal cult.  His Dad's partner in God. They can't seem to let that go. I'm sure if it was Yerik who did this or if it was a Morton who did this then their tune would change. 

@JesusCampSongs I was just about to say exactly this - sometimes it's all washed in the blood of the holy spirit (so shut up about it, God says everything's fine, so why are you still angry about child sexual abuse?) and others it's all bearing false witness.

The conclusion I've come to is they're talking slightly different things - so they're saying Alan did it, but it's a wiped clean, so why is everyone denying God by refusing to brush it all under the carpet - and I wonder if the bearing false witness stuff is aimed at people talking about it, because they should all shut up and keep brushing?

Totally co-signing @JMO - if this had been a Morton son, they'd be absolutely supporting their daughter and screaming about Satan etc etc.  I cannot get my head round them in general, but the fact they're upset that their daughters are siding with the victim(s) and not Alan, is baffling.  It's fascinating that they preached all that "your husband is your headship, submit to him in everything", but expected their daughters to do everything they want.

John Morton shared a Facebook meme earlier claiming that Ulysses Grant was a slaveowner while Robert E. Lee was not-- so who's racist now, libruls?!?! SODRT at work, man. Grant inherited a slave from his father-in-law and quickly freed the man, while Lee did indeed own slaves and treated them rather cruelly.* These Lost Cause types love to tell the rest of us that we need to open a history book, but they end up tripping over their own balls every time they try to describe even the basic facts of the conflict.

*https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/529038/

I think many southerners are just trying to feel better about their own deeply ingrained racism. I've seen it all over Facebook. It's pathetic. 

Back to the Smiths... I am not surprised at all about the Smith parents. They are the ones who raised Alan. And they are part of a movement that focuses so much on how to raise sons into strong, godly, and moral heads of large households. It's partly their fault and deep down they know it. To admit their son is a piece of shit means they screwed up big time. So they are clinging to him and all the "wonderful" things he is doing in prison. And of course they are probably clinging to the 8 adopted children at home. The Smiths married their bio kids off young but I bet they won't be doing that with their adopted children. They made the mistake of marrying off their daughters and look where it got them. Madara isn't going anywhere. She will be the Sarah Maxwell. Sitara's only hope is if she runs away to Bethany the minute she turns 18.

Anyone getting too comfortable with the idea that the Mortons aren't 'all that bad' needs to see that post. 

They are as 'bad' as they ever were and are just as buried as they ever were in the world of their own making. 

Taking in their daughter & grandkids is the right thing for parents to do, it doesn't put them any higher on the human scale than any other parent. They put her in that position in the first place, so they are still quite a bit lower than the average parent.

They like to take pretty pictures and 'do stuff' but they are still fundies, with obvious racist tendencies. They are special and godly and no one else is. Certainly not a person of color or a working woman or an educated woman or a woman who uses birth control or a man who doesn't keep his wife barefoot & pregnant.

They'd throw any one of us under their godly bus in a second. 

Oh I can't stand the Mortons. But my BEC has been made worse by seeing all their protests at abortion clinics lately. I can't handle it. It makes me ragey.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I can't stand the Mortons. But my BEC has been made worse by seeing all their protests at abortion clinics lately. I can't handle it. It makes me ragey.

Yeah, when the best thing you can say about someone is "they don't actively support child rape" that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think many southerners are just trying to feel better about their own deeply ingrained racism. I've seen it all over Facebook. It's pathetic. 

Back to the Smiths... I am not surprised at all about the Smith parents. They are the ones who raised Alan. And they are part of a movement that focuses so much on how to raise sons into strong, godly, and moral heads of large households. It's partly their fault and deep down they know it. To admit their son is a piece of shit means they screwed up big time. So they are clinging to him and all the "wonderful" things he is doing in prison.

I have thought a lot about how parents of child molesters must feel. To know that you raised a son who did/does that must be truly horrifying. In the case of the Smith parents, well, they don't seem to be allowing themselves to be horrified. I do wonder if the parents discuss it privately, with no one else around and really are horrified and simply cannot admit it publically. To do so might mean that their way of life and beliefs failed with Alan. They were intending their son to be that moral, Christian headship and he not only didn't live up to the way he was raised, he did so in a particularly criminal, immoral, disgusting, shocking, and harmful manner. Admitting the truth to themselves, and doing it publically, could be more than the Cap'n and Jackie can handle emotionally. Or, they can just be really deluded and actually believe that since Alan is sorry it should all go away and everyone should get over it. 

5 hours ago, Letgo said:

In the case of the Smith parents, well, they don't seem to be allowing themselves to be horrified. [snip] Admitting the truth to themselves, and doing it publically, could be more than the Cap'n and Jackie can handle emotionally. Or, they can just be really deluded and actually believe that since Alan is sorry it should all go away and everyone should get over it. 

Or they could just be evil.

6 hours ago, Letgo said:

I do wonder if the parents discuss it privately, with no one else around and really are horrified and simply cannot admit it publically. 

Knowing what fucking delusional weirdos they are in every other element of their lives (I mean, we've seen the videos) I wouldn't put it past them to really, truly think their son did nothing wrong.

12 hours ago, nooneimportant said:

Where is the read about the adult daughters not showing respect?  I was not sure where it was - TY

Jacqueline Smith's FB post, Bret Smith reported it. 

One thing that bothers me greatly about the Mortons is that in every photo where a child is a passenger in a vehicle of any kind the appropriate car seat safety is non-existent. None of the car seats appear to be installed correctly. Children of certain ages are not in age and size appropriate car seats. I've seen photos of small children who should still be in 5 point harnesses not even in a car seat of any kind.

It bugs me. A lot. There is absolutely no reason on earth not to use a car seat properly. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived