IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

1 hour ago, FrumperedCat said:
1 hour ago, FrumperedCat said:

Snip> It appears Katie is selling some watercolour prints through her facebook page for $20 - $30, based on a public post she made.

Can you PM me a link?  signed lover of arts and crafts Pook

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She and Adeline entered an art show earlier this year, and I assumed at the time that it was a relatively recent thing. Perhaps even a form of therapy. It's fantastic that she was able to continue painting throughout her marriage, and that it can be a source of income now.

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is there any news at all about Alan's case?  

According to the original news article, he was arrested July 25th, 2016 (the article was posted the following day). 

In my area, it usually takes around a year for cases like this to go to trial. If that's typical, we may be seeing some movement soon, since we've hit the one year anniversary. Kind of surprised to see that it's gone by without any obvious histrionics from the Smiths...

Was clicking around on fundie Pinterest and noticed that Alyssa's pinned a bunch of pregnancy stuff in the past few days. Her first is 7mos according to instagram. Looks like she'll have no problem keeping up with her sisters-in-law.

She is good. I would like to see more of her stuff. It was nice to see so many supportive comments on her page. She looks very friendly and approachable. If I was at the park with my kids and saw her  there with hers I would likely start chatting with her.

I noticed on her friends list there were two legitimate mental health professionals. I think that is a good sign.

It seems to me that the loathsome Mrs. Cap'n's post about being GRATEFUL for the opportunity to visit her mother whenever she pleases is more than a little bit of shade thrown at her grown daughters.

Scarlett Lynde's (grandma's?) comment on the Proverbs 14:5 post is that it's so sad that the ones that tell the lies believe them. So now we know the tack the revolting Cap'n and Mrs. Cap'n are taking with regard to testimony against the Golden Boy. Lies! All lies! No wonder their daughters have cut them off.

New post up since the screenshots above: "Be careful that you do not align yourself against those who seek the Lord." Wow.

Bret has a post & link up about legalism that includes this:

When you elevate your doctrinal system too highly, you become a fundamentalist in a second sense: you start to believe that all of God’s graces, or at least the best of them, are found only within your narrow little camp...

Like, maybe his 'biblical betrothal' shit? He spent years selling his daughters and trying to convince others to do the same. 

The Smith cult is dangerous, but gratefully very small. They never managed to recruit enough followers. They'd get some for a while - the Mortons & Antonins for a while, but clearly even they didn't 'stick'. 

They're still pretending they're better "Christians" than everyone else.

The hypocrisy and lack of self awareness is astonishing in its depth - but not surprising given the subjects.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Bret has a post & link up about legalism that includes this:

When you elevate your doctrinal system too highly, you become a fundamentalist in a second sense: you start to believe that all of God’s graces, or at least the best of them, are found only within your narrow little camp...

For a second I thought that maybe he became self aware and was describing himself. 

On 7/27/2017 at 9:11 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

In my area, it usually takes around a year for cases like this to go to trial.

Agreed.  It may be even longer in this case because they mentioned possible charges pending in another jurisdiction.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard any posturing by the Capt. about junior's right to a speedy trial though.

16 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Blasting Through The Airwaves Defying Satan: A Memoir.

And Holy Run-on Sentence, Batman!

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Agreed.  It may be even longer in this case because they mentioned possible charges pending in another jurisdiction.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard any posturing by the Capt. about junior's right to a speedy trial though.

But, but, there shouldn't even be a trial! Remember, Alan has repented! He is sorry.

Except that, hmmmm...his mom put up a Bible verse from Proverbs 14:5 about honest witnesses. "An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies." Definitely sending a message of her opinion on all this. However, a previous posting mentioned that he has repented. From what? If the witness is lying, then from what has Alan repented? You can't have it both ways. So which is it?

After looking at their fb pages, it's pretty clear that the adopted kids are their full time housekeeping/landscaping help. Has this always been the case?

4 hours ago, JMO said:

For a second I thought that maybe he became self aware and was describing himself. 

In a reply to his own post, he quotes a description of cult behavior and then says"

If you see a church or religious group in which the leaders seek to cut off communication between the members and their family, you are definitely dealing with a destructive cult.

Ah yes. Literally selling your daughters: normal, non-cult-like activity.

Not visiting your in-laws because they are defending the pedophile that preyed on your kids: basically Jonestown.

Jacqueline professes to be slightly unsure who Ivanka Trump is and surprised that she has a clothing line

I hope the local authorities aren't protecting Alan by keeping him in county jail for this long with the plan being that when he is eventually tried and convicted his sentence will be for time already served in a much "safer" environment for a child rapist.

8 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I hope the local authorities aren't protecting Alan by keeping him in county jail for this long with the plan being that when he is eventually tried and convicted his sentence will be for time already served in a much "safer" environment for a child rapist.

That doesn't seem likely on any factor. 

1. He didn't get bail for whatever reason. If it was a conspiracy to deny bail his lawyer, the prosecutor, and the judge would have had to be in on it. I am sure if given the choice he would have wanted bail even county lockup isn't fun. He was probably denied bail because the accusations are serious and they don't want him to run.

2. It's very normal to take this long to go to trial. It's a big problem with the justice system. Many courthouses were built so long ago there isn't space for more judges. Getting approval/funding for new buildings is hard. New buildings for criminal court often require special holding cells and elevators for public safety. Even if you get funding for the building you need funding for the judges, then clerks for the judges, and court officers etc. This is why people take plea deals for crimes they didn't commit all the time. They can't afford bail and they want out of jail. It's a huge social issue. It's not weird or cases to take over a year to go to trial. The average wait time for a jury criminal trial in the bronx is 827 days. The system needs major reform.

3. County lockup isn't any easier then prison in many cases it can be worse. 

@Jess when this first broke last year we found out that in Georgia he is not eligible for parole due to the nature of his crime. Georgia has a statue prohibiting bail for certain offenses. 

Just now, JMO said:

@Jess when this first broke last year we found out that in Georgia he is not eligible for parole due to the nature of his crime. Georgia has a statue prohibiting bail for certain offenses. 

Ty good for Georgia. 

45 minutes ago, Jess said:

3. County lockup isn't any easier then prison in many cases it can be worse. 

Much worse, I've heard. The one in my area recently made news because it left inmates (most of whom were awaiting trial on minor charges like unpaid traffic tickets) locked up in a dilapidated old building with no A.C. during a dangerous heat wave. Counties don't have the budget/ motivation to bring these places up to standards or offer anything but the bare minimum to keep people from dying in their care.

I am kind of sickened by the entire Smith circle. Reading comments on their posts exposes the kind of people they are; how wilfully ignorant they are; how nasty and ugly they are. Their Christian cloak is a joke they think gives them license to be abhorrent human beings. 

The human mind's ability to create its own version of reality has always been an interesting thing to me - with them, many of the greatest scholars could do studies and have enough raw material to keep studying for life.

• 3 weeks later...

Bret & Jackie are whining about not being 'honored' by their adult children and god is mad about that and blah, blah, blah.

I presume one of their adult offspring offended them, again. Those adult women, who were GIVEN TO THEIR HUSBANDS, which included doing things said husband's way, probably didn't bow to whatever their latest manipulations are. 

Plus, they 'anointed' their driveway again with some olive oil. 

They are the epitome of blind hubris.

Well, that was a completely revolting read [Mrs Cap'ns blah blah blah]. Age does not necessarily mean wisdom, decent adult offspring do not owe respect to revolting parents who elevate a child molester over his victim. Awful people deserve to be cut off. Let (she) who has ears to hear, hear. And pass the brain bleach. :brainbleach:

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived