Jump to content
IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs


choralcrusader8613

Recommended Posts

This thread title makes me sad. That sounds like someone starved of physical affection.

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

95) Fill in the blank: Texas is the "Lone   _________     State."

96 ) do you think Spurgeon is a good name - can you come up with another world person like that?

97) Do you think Henry needs to be changed or can you not smell? 

98) Where is Meredith ? And we do care? 

99) What do you think of Michelle's thoughts about God ?

100 ) DO YOU WANT TO CUT SPURGEON'S HAIR ?

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We finally got a Chik-fil-a here in Vegas. It's right down the road from where my husband works. It's been MOBBED since it opened last week. I haven't had it since we left Arizona. I might swing by there on my way to work and see if it's mobbed or not...if it isn't I will probably get a sandwich and lemonade. 

In and Out is THE BEST!!! I tell my east coast friends it's the reason I won't go back east. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now y'all made me want Steak 'N' Shake. One of these days I'll get a royale burger with some fries and a double chocolate shake again.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a Culver's lover here. One of my jobs is at one ;) yeaaaaah, 50% discount

also I have noticed in most small towns in Nebraska is that there is ALWAYS a Subway. Sometimes a DQ. But Subway for totes.

Edited by VixenToast
Added stuffffffs
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

I'm a Culver's lover here. One of my jobs is at one ;) yeaaaaah, 50% discount

We just got a Culver's near us and tried it for the first time last week. The burger was really good and I loved the concrete mixer!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

We just got a Culver's near us and tried it for the first time last week. The burger was really good and I loved the concrete mixer!

Culver's frozen custard is outstanding, but one of their burgers gave me food poisoning, so I never get those anymore.

I went to an In n Out in Phoenix and thought it was overrated. Fuddruckers and Portillos have excellent burgers, in my opinion. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Culver's. Concrete mixers, butter burgers, cheese curds -- I want them all. Rally's/Checkers' fries are da bomb and I miss Portillos. I also think In-N-Out is overrated -- I give them kudos for making the fries fresh, but I just don't think their food is anything spectacular. 

There is a local chain that grinds bacon and beef together for its burgers, and its fresh cut fries are so so good. But if I want any one thing, I will skip the burger places and go to Chipotle for a chicken burrito bowl. Chicken, brown rice, black beans, hot salsa, cheese, lettuce -- nom.nom.nom.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In n Out is the single most overrated fast food chain in all existence. I will never understand what makes people so obsessed with them. Food isn't bad, it's just so extremely ordinary. 

I've had Chik Fil A once. It's a close runner up in the overrated category. Definitely nowhere near good enough to make up for the fact that it's owned by a hateful bigot. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chik-fil-a is totally overrated. I will never understand why i should pay $7-8 for a chicken nugget meal when the nuggets are so small i need to eat like 30 of them to get filled up. WHY are they so freaking small. I do like their sauces but my answer to that is Raising Canes. My canes obsession runs deep. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a huge fan of Raising Canes, but I love Chik-Fil-A salads. I am not a huge chicken lover though, so that could be some of it. I love In and Out and make it a point to go whenever I am in AZ or CA to visit family. I am not a Culvers fan at all, though they did have one salad that I thought was okay.

Where we live now we have very limited options for fast food though. McDonalds is everywhere and there are a few other options including 1 Jack in the Box. I can not wait to have Arby's, Sonic or most of the other places mentioned again.

The one good thing we have here is plenty of vendors selling food on the side of the road. It always tastes good, though I sometimes wonder if it would pass a health inspection. 

Edited by nvmbr02
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Chik-fil-a is totally overrated. I will never understand why i should pay $7-8 for a chicken nugget meal when the nuggets are so small i need to eat like 30 of them to get filled up. WHY are they so freaking small. I do like their sauces but my answer to that is Raising Canes. My canes obsession runs deep. 

I think Chick-fil-a is only worth it if you're there for breakfast. Those chicken biscuits are to die for. :tw_love:

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

We finally got a Chik-fil-a here in Vegas. It's right down the road from where my husband works. It's been MOBBED since it opened last week. I haven't had it since we left Arizona. I might swing by there on my way to work and see if it's mobbed or not...if it isn't I will probably get a sandwich and lemonade. 

In and Out is THE BEST!!! I tell my east coast friends it's the reason I won't go back east. 

Oh that lemonade is heaven !

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

But if I want any one thing, I will skip the burger places and go to Chipotle for a chicken burrito bowl. Chicken, brown rice, black beans, hot salsa, cheese, lettuce -- nom.nom.nom.

Oh no...carnitas, brown rice, black beans, corn salsa, cheese, sour cream...NOM!! I think I need either chipotle or Roberto's for dinner tonight

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm obsessed with chick fil a's Cobb salad with the avocado ranch dressing. Just kills me that I always want to go on Sundays, without fail!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live near in n out and go more than I would like to admit. I prefer to order off of the secret menu. I get the grilled cheese animal style and the animal style fries. 

CD010164-48E1-4110-9068-325E3BCDDE2B-40288-000026ACEF70F432.png

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

I live near in n out and go more than I would like to admit. I prefer to order off of the secret menu. I get the grilled cheese animal style and the animal style fries. 

Yes! Animal style fries! I just do a burger with grilled onions. But I need the animal style fries every time. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, In n Out is the best, as it's what I grew up with. I'll say that once you go Animal Style, you won't go back, especially if you get fries that way. As for Chick fil A, the one I heard about in the Las Vegas area had people camping in the parking lot before it was officially opened, in Henderson which is actually pretty conservative when compared to Las Vegas itself. It's to the point where if you had a Democratic candidate's bumper sticker on your car, you got a lot of nasty looks from others.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

For me, In n Out is the best, as it's what I grew up with. I'll say that once you go Animal Style, you won't go back, especially if you get fries that way. As for Chick fil A, the one I heard about in the Las Vegas area had people camping in the parking lot before it was officially opened, in Henderson which is actually pretty conservative when compared to Las Vegas itself. It's to the point where if you had a Democratic candidate's bumper sticker on your car, you got a lot of nasty looks from others.

Sounds like I need to go home and cover myself in Dem stickers and make faces at the Chick fil A. Fucking DAMMIT Vegas!!!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ADoyle90815 said:

As for Chick fil A, the one I heard about in the Las Vegas area had people camping in the parking lot before it was officially opened, in Henderson which is actually pretty conservative when compared to Las Vegas itself. It's to the point where if you had a Democratic candidate's bumper sticker on your car, you got a lot of nasty looks from others.

The new one is on the corner of Sahara and Rancho. There's two in Henderson now, one near the Galleria Mall and the other one is like on Eastern or something...and yeah, they were camping out at the LV one too. Most of Clark County is pretty conservative, even in LV. There's one good thing though...if you have Veteran's plates on your vehicle, you can pretty much get away with murder. I currently live in North LV, but we'll be moving south into LV in the next 6 weeks or so...maybe I'm crazy but I like living here. Had Roberto's for dinner (and if you ever have Roberto's you'll never go anywhere else). Carne Asada Chimi con arroz y frijoles. NOM!!! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, justodd said:

 

I've had Chik Fil A once. It's a close runner up in the overrated category. Definitely nowhere near good enough to make up for the fact that it's owned by a hateful bigot. 

Yes to this, I do not get the appeal of Chik Fil A its chicken, Its good, but I don't go out of my way to eat it, and yeah, the hateful bigot stuff makes it so not worth it. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

The new one is on the corner of Sahara and Rancho. There's two in Henderson now, one near the Galleria Mall and the other one is like on Eastern or something...and yeah, they were camping out at the LV one too. Most of Clark County is pretty conservative, even in LV. There's one good thing though...if you have Veteran's plates on your vehicle, you can pretty much get away with murder. I currently live in North LV, but we'll be moving south into LV in the next 6 weeks or so...maybe I'm crazy but I like living here. Had Roberto's for dinner (and if you ever have Roberto's you'll never go anywhere else). Carne Asada Chimi con arroz y frijoles. NOM!!! 

 

I lived in Vegas for 2 years and I loved it. Only thing that bugged me was seeing the garage first in the new houses.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SHERA said:

I lived in Vegas for 2 years and I loved it. Only thing that bugged me was seeing the garage first in the new houses.

Yeah, it has everything to do with cramming as many houses as possible on a plot of land...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.