IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

On 3/29/2017 at 8:08 AM, Mela99 said:

53) Will you let MIchelle into the birthing room to glare at your lady parts while you birth your young'ns? 

I am picturing Michelle as the woman in The Handmaiden's Tale - jealous that she can't give birth herself. 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2017 at 5:44 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I wish I could say I didn't fall for that article, but I totally did until I realized 1. What day it was, and 2. When I got to the part that said they were giving the baby a middle name like Jezebel for being concieved out of wedlock. I know the Duggars believe in sins of the father and all of that stuff, but I can't see them giving a kid a name that would indicate the kids parents had sinned. Like you said, Boob would probably just throw them a shotgun wedding (and then when the baby arrives earlier than what would be expected for a new marriage, say something like, "The baby came early, because JESUS.#Soblessed!!" :pb_lol: :pb_rollseyes:)

What threw me is when they wrote "We sometimes we sinned up to six, seven times a day!" (Or something to that effect.) I can totally see a Duggar saying something like that with regret and guilt in their voice, while wondering why people in mainstream society hear that kind of phrasing, and start giggling like a bunch if 12 year olds (lol..."We sometimes sinned up to six, seven times a day!" Lol :pb_lol:)

Reminds me of a story my father in law told about a rather simple man in our town - back in the late 1930's or so.   The doctor told the man that his wife just gave birth to twins.   The man looked shocked and said, But DOCTOR!  I was naughty THREE times!

On 5/3/2017 at 5:47 AM, Karma said:

This discussion reminds me of a girl I went to uni with 30 years ago.  She loudly preached no sex before marriage, but returned from her honeymoon wearing maternity clothes, and had a 7lb baby two months early.  They stuck to their story that he was premie.  Snort. 

First baby can come anytime after the wedding = the rest take nine months. 

20 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

First baby can come anytime after the wedding = the rest take nine months. 

Four out of my five great-grandmothers* were pregnant before/outside of marriage, so this definitely holds true.

*One of my grandparents was adopted so I have an extra set of great-grandparents.

One grandmother had a daughter 5 months after her wedding, the other 6 months after.  Neither set of grandparents ever celebrated an anniversary; they took it to the grave, and I dug it up doing ancestry. 

I was not pregnant when we married and my son was born 9 months to the date of our wedding.  You just have to plan right!

My mother had just turned 20 when she got married, and apparently everyone thought she was pregnant. Six years later, I was born.

We did the standard, get married, Wolf girl born 2.5 years later, Wolf boy born 3.5 years after that. We're boring. The only unusual part was that we married 4.5 months after meting, and I wasn't pregnant.

I remember wishing my parents a happy twentieth anniversary and my mum saying, 'well, Fascinated, it is actually only our nineteenth'.  As this was five months before my brothers' nineteenth birthday, I was shocked and upset. 

Haha. No, I wasn't. I thought it was lovely that they had fallen head over heels at first sight and obviously couldn't control themselves at all!  So my mum married my dad at the ripe old age of nineteen, four months pregnant with twins, in an elegant suit and a weird hat that looked like a dead seagull on her head. 

Maybe they broke up. I haven't heard about their relationship in a while, or they could just be leaving it low profile. In the video where she introduced herself, I don't know if she was nervous or that was just her personality. She kind of had a personality of a cotton swab-oh no offense 

1 hour ago, Kendra Ackerman said:

She kind of had a personality of a cotton swab-oh no offense 

To be fair, so does Joseph.

Dh and I met in February, I got pregnant in March, we got married in September, and had our first baby ( ha- he is 24, married, and has a 3 week old) in December. We didn't have another for almost 13 years, and then we had three within three years. We will be celebrating 25 years of marriage in September.

17 hours ago, Kendra Ackerman said:

She kind of had a personality of a cotton swab-oh no offense 

This may be the kindest way to describe her "personality".  She reminds me a little bit of Anna, when she 1st started courting Josh, that totally naive simpleton way about her. Anna has grown a lot with the Duggar's maybe it is motherhood, maybe the idiot husband, or just having access to the outside world, even as sheltered as the Duggar's are they are are positively cultured compared to a lot of rural fundies. 

17 hours ago, Kendra Ackerman said:

Maybe they broke up. I haven't heard about their relationship in a while, or they could just be leaving it low profile.

In the latest Joy/Austin video Joy said that the camping trip bachelor/ette party was Ms. Caldwell's idea.  She may have said Mrs. Anyway, that's not proof that they're still courting but I take it as a sign that they still are and that keeping a low profile is the more likely explanation.  Letting Joy and Austin have the spotlight for now. The new season will probably only concentrate on Joy's courtship and getting engaged so we probably won't see too much of Joe and Kendra til the season after.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:12 AM, Four is Enough said:

Good to know! Mr. Four was born approximately 36 hours after me, same year, so every year I get to be the "older woman" in his life for a couple of days. (We didn't meet till we were 30)

Mr. One Kid and I went to the court house the day before his birthday for the legal deal.  (We had a big party for family and friends two months later).  He likes to tease me because on our marriage licence he will forever be younger eve if it is only six months.

I doubt that the courtship has been called off. With Joy's wedding coming up, Joseph will be proposing soon. They're just keeping it under the radar because it will keep people interested. 

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

In the latest Joy/Austin video Joy said that the camping trip bachelor/ette party was Ms. Caldwell's idea.  She may have said Mrs. Anyway, that's not proof that they're still courting but I take it as a sign that they still are and that keeping a low profile is the more likely explanation.  Letting Joy and Austin have the spotlight for now. The new season will probably only concentrate on Joy's courtship and getting engaged so we probably won't see too much of Joe and Kendra til the season after.

It's crazy to me how timed and planned their courtships are. They can't talk about Joy until Jinger is married; they can't talk about Joe until Joy is married. Like it would have made for interesting to see Joy begin to court while Jinger is planning her wedding, but no - the audience can't handle more than one storyline? 

It's not about the audience being able to handle multiple story lines.  It is about preserving the cash flow from having a tv show to fill the family bank accounts.

19 minutes ago, buggers said:

It's crazy to me how timed and planned their courtships are. They can't talk about Joy until Jinger is married; they can't talk about Joe until Joy is married. Like it would have made for interesting to see Joy begin to court while Jinger is planning her wedding, but no - the audience can't handle more than one storyline? 

I would like to think it is so each kid can her turn being the "center of attention" for once in her life.  With the exception of Jill jumping on Derick like a starving kid on a cake to be #1, even Bin waited until after Jill's wedding so Jessa could have some attention, but again Jill jumped in with the baby and, well was just Jill as always.  But like with Bin, Kendra is SO YOUNG, she just turned 18 shortly after they started courting, and I do think some of the fundy families want their kids to wait until they are least a certain age before they will allow courting/engagement/wedding. Even if it is only the legal adult age in the U.S. 

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

It's not about the audience being able to handle multiple story lines.  It is about preserving the cash flow from having a tv show to fill the family bank accounts.

Yeah, it's not about the kids. They have never in their lives cared what the kids what. 

9 minutes ago, clueliss said:

True story. By the end of this summer season we will have a  pregnancy announcement or another courtship with fuzzy timelines. Keep that money train chugging...

And if they could manage to get Jana married off as the next one after Joe and Kendra, the gravy train will keep on coming next year too. Jana entering a courtship would be a huge thing for a lot of their fans. And probably for FJ too.

8 minutes ago, ophelia said:

And if they could manage to get Jana married off as the next one after Joe and Kendra, the gravy train will keep on coming next year too. Jana entering a courtship would be a huge thing for a lot of their fans. And probably for FJ too.

I suspect we'll break FJ when Jana finally announces a courtship.

29 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I suspect we'll break FJ when Jana finally announces a courtship.

I think we broke FJ with Joy! lol

2 hours ago, buggers said:

The new clip released does show Joe asking Pastor Caldwell about courting Kendra, so we'll see it this season, even if it's the very last episode....maybe TLC learned from all the negative response to last season being entirely "the JinJer show" and integrate both stories into the new season lol. it wouldn't be interesting, but at least bearable to watch...

*wishful thinking* Joe asks Pastor Caldwell to court Kendra, Pastor C says yes to courtship but wants his daughter to be at least 20 before marriage, so Joe buys promise ring for Kendra instead. Unlikely, unfortunately, considering how young the Caldwell parents were when they married and began procreating...

My parents met in Feb. married in Nov. I was born June of the next year.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived