IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Funny cuz my parents anniversary is very last Dec, practically New Years and my bday is the first week of August. And I was a preemie. Spent a while in the hospital. But I kinda doubt that Kendra was early. Mr and Mrs Fundie did the nasty in HS.

Yeah, I'm gonna bet that Kendra was the most miraculously healthy, robust, and giant preemie on the ward.

And if she was a shotgun wedding baby, her parents are in the Jeremy Vuolo class of fundies who actually did something considered transgressive outside of their extreme circle, but still not that big a deal to non-devout people (conceiving a child out of wedlock, getting drunk and acting like a jackass one time and then very decidedly learning your lesson). If that's the case, they're practically rock stars in fundie-land, where it seems like the ones raised in the life scramble for any kind of "I was lost but now I'm found" narrative and wind up telling stories of how rebellious they were for stealing from the cookie jar or occasionally questioning what they are told.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This discussion reminds me of a girl I went to uni with 30 years ago.  She loudly preached no sex before marriage, but returned from her honeymoon wearing maternity clothes, and had a 7lb baby two months early.  They stuck to their story that he was premie.  Snort. 

15 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

This. My mother was puking pregnant on New Years day the year I was born on August 2. I was perfectly on time.. she got pregnant say, mid November...

High five! Mines Aug 3rd. Funny story attached to that: My uncles bday is Aug 2nd and my mom went into labor and everyone was piss drunk at a party for him. 

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Yeah, I'm gonna bet that Kendra was the most miraculously healthy, robust, and giant preemie on the ward.

Yeahhhhh, swaddling that 9 pounder, "we hope she'll live". 

or this (sooo many Office references...)

17 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

High five! Mines Aug 3rd. Funny story attached to that: My uncles bday is Aug 2nd and my mom went into labor and everyone was piss drunk at a party for him. 

Good to know! Mr. Four was born approximately 36 hours after me, same year, so every year I get to be the "older woman" in his life for a couple of days. (We didn't meet till we were 30)

On 5/1/2017 at 9:34 AM, Pukingpearl said:

be redeemed from their life of wine coolers and sex. 

OMG, this could be a YA christian book title.  :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Karma said:

This discussion reminds me of a girl I went to uni with 30 years ago.  She loudly preached no sex before marriage, but returned from her honeymoon wearing maternity clothes, and had a 7lb baby two months early.  They stuck to their story that he was premie.  Snort. 

I did have an 8lb "premie" My son was born at 36 weeks, but 14 months AFTER I had gotten married so my bitchy Ultra Catholic Aunt who thought I was pregnant when I married could SUCK IT! Her with the 22 year old unwed mother for a daughter, divorced son ( who also had a kid out of wedlock) and gay son , she hit all the mortal sins with her lot.  Back to my point, I had an 8lb baby at 36 weeks water broke at 35 wks 6 days he was born the next day, no they didn't miscalculate my dude date, my DD was 10 days early & weighed 9lbs 2oz I just make very big babies. 

There was a young woman I went to church with who got married at 18 and got pregnant on her honeymoon, her daughter was born on her due date exactly (& weighed 10lbs)  10 months after the wedding.  Her mom was such a bitch about it she refused to talk to her daughter until after the baby was born, because she was convinced that she got pregnant before she got married.  This gal was the Sister in law of pastor of the church we went to. His MIL was such a fundy she disowned the pastor and the daughter married to him for not being the "right kind of christian" He still is the pastor of a large (for our area) E-Free church, they have about 200/250 families that attend the church.

Fundies really are assholes.   

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Mine is August 1st.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I did have an 8lb "premie" My son was born at 36 weeks, but 14 months AFTER I had gotten married so my bitchy Ultra Catholic Aunt who thought I was pregnant when I married could SUCK IT! Her with the 22 year old unwed mother for a daughter, divorced son ( who also had a kid out of wedlock) and gay son , she hit all the mortal sins with her lot.  Back to my point, I had an 8lb baby at 36 weeks water broke at 35 wks 6 days he was born the next day, no they didn't miscalculate my dude date, my DD was 10 days early & weighed 9lbs 2oz I just make very big babies. 

There was a young woman I went to church with who got married at 18 and got pregnant on her honeymoon, her daughter was born on her due date exactly (& weighed 10lbs)  10 months after the wedding.  Her mom was such a bitch about it she refused to talk to her daughter until after the baby was born, because she was convinced that she got pregnant before she got married.  This gal was the Sister in law of pastor of the church we went to. His MIL was such a fundy she disowned the pastor and the daughter married to him for not being the "right kind of christian" He still is the pastor of a large (for our area) E-Free church, they have about 200/250 families that attend the church.

Fundies really are assholes.   

My daughter would have been close to the weight your daughter was had she gone full term. She decided 34w2d was the perfect time to be born, though looking back my labor likely started at 34 weeks exactly. Husband and I had left Friendsgiving to check on our dog and I almost didn't go back because I just felt weird.

Velocibaby clocked in at exactly 5 pounds. I count my blessings each time I see a March of Dimes story where the 34 week baby is closer to 3 pounds. She only had to stay in NICU for a week and I almost lost my damn mind worrying. I don't even want to imagine how bad I would have felt if she had to stay longer because of her weight.

(Also, I love the part where you said your uber Catholic Aunt could suck it. :pb_lol:)

22 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

just out of curiosity.

Are there any good, well-identified pics of Kendra's sister Lauren? The photo on the Duggar fb page from Big Sandy with the "three little sheep and the big bad wolf" (*eyeroll*) has a blonde chick that possibly looks like Lauren, though i dunno if the Caldwells are at the conference...

I shall explain the apparent aftermath of my noticing this photo, because i have no idea who would be appropriate to tell other than other FJ weirdos... :ooo::XD:

i had a weird-ass dream about duggars (i have no idea what my life is coming to....haha) where Joe and Kendra were courting, waited for Kendra's sister Lauren to turn legal & announce her courtship with Josiah, and then both got engaged and were planning a double wedding. Joy still wasn't married yet for some reason. And rather than get trapped into sewing hideous bridesmaids dresses x3, Jana eloped with a retired NFL TE, then gave a JimBob-esque interview about how she may or may not adore her new hubby's tight end. Oh, and my cousin and I were witnesses to the wedding. 

....sorry fellow FJers, some things are just too bizarre to keep to yourself....perhaps i spend too much time lurking here :XD: i should probably go and study for the next time i have an exam in two days #badpunintended 

I had 2 36-37 weekers (back then the dating wasn't as pinpoint) who were 7lbs and 7lbs 4 oz respectively. Their 41 week sister was 7lbs 9oz. #1 son was due the first week in May and was born April 3. #2 son was due the end of July-ish and showed up June 28. #1 (and only) daughter was due October 6 and finally decided to grace us with her presence on October 14. With #1 son, folks claimed I was pregnant at the wedding since we threw it together pretty quickly (he was due to deploy in January)...hahahaha...#1 son showed up over 2 YEARS after the wedding! 

I'm no degreed medical expert, but 7lb at 32 weeks would have to be unusual surely?  However, it was the wearing of maternity clothes (and a very noticeable bump on a previously slim woman) 3 weeks after the wedding which made me suspect that they had not practiced what they had preached about premarital sex.  I wasn't about to judge them for it, but I did think it was funny that they stuck to their story.  

My three survivors were all counted officially as preemies.

We'd said to the midwives from day 1 'multiple generations of this family have births in the 28-32 weeks window, proper weights and healthy, so as well as the due date,  let's have a plan in place for that so that we don't get whisked out of trying for the ideal (or at least some of it) by panicking 'professionals' who don't know what our family's normal is.

30 weeks, full labour with my older boy, concerned doctor comes in 'we really need to stop this'. Argued the toss with him, including the family pattern and reminded him since I have a ton of chemical allergies I did not want to risk chemical interventions, at which point he tells me the iv I was told was fluids, had the stuff in it already. ...that child went on to deliver at 35wks2days after a documented 5day arrested labour, at 6lb9oz.

With my daughter, I landed a fantastic hospital midwife who at least listened and came at it from a perspective of, okay, chances are she's on her way, let's give her the best chance... so we went with steroids for her lungs. Her labour was 51hrs. She was 5lb 8oz, but spent her first three weeks in doll clothes as she was so petite.

My littlest survivor took 37.5hrs including in the end a chemical induction due to him and me starting to get to exhaustion point. He weighed a massive 7lb8oz and was born 36wks6. Had it been four hours later, he'd have counted as term.

They've all, always been strong and healthy and favour their GGF so they're all above average height.

On 5/3/2017 at 2:11 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

just out of curiosity.

Are there any good, well-identified pics of Kendra's sister Lauren? The photo on the Duggar fb page from Big Sandy with the "three little sheep and the big bad wolf" (*eyeroll*) has a blonde chick that possibly looks like Lauren, though i dunno if the Caldwells are at the conference...

That's exactly what I thought! And then Josiah's words immediately came to mind when he said he was interested in someone that one episode. The Caldwell family were indeed at Big sandy. There was a pic of Paul Caldwell leading church outside.

The right is a pic of Lauren. On the left is the pic from Big Sandy. They're either perfect doppelgängers or It has to be Lauren 

5855D101-DFF2-420C-A77D-C850F6927CF5.jpg

On 5/3/2017 at 7:47 AM, Karma said:

As a child I went to church with a similar woman. I never understood why people acted so weird about it, but then one day as a teen it dawned on me why there was drama when a recently married woman gave birth to a 10 lb preemie born three months early. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

This makes me laugh. My brother announced one fine april day that he and his girlfriend were getting married. ("She's knocked up" I said to my sister.) Three weeks after the wedding, my SIL comes and says, "how would you like to have a little niece or nephew?" ("Told you," I said) My SIL continued to deny that she was a shotgun bride up until the day in October her enormous offspring was delivered. No way that kid was premature.

I once saw the TV movie based on Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and their family.  The now actress Tracy Nelson is their granddaughter. She was born only 7 month after her parents got married. They had to tell the public that she was born prematurely even though she was not. 

My mother was born 6 months after her parents' wedding. They told her she was premature. Lol. The truth came out when she was a teenager. No one really cared, I think they just didn't want to explain it to her when she was a kid.

I was born 4 years before my parents marriage. I must have been very premature! :P 

On 5/3/2017 at 7:47 AM, Karma said:

I went to college with this super sanctimonious girl who came back from summer break newly married wearing maternity cloths. When the baby was born in November she changed the story to "we gave into temptation only one time and it was just heavy rubbing not the full thing". Everyone was like ya okay sure thing. No one but her cared, but some people just like to live in denial.

My mom got married at 18.  My sister came one week shy of 9 months later.  My mom was very concerned that people would think she got pregnant before the wedding. Luckily my sister was under 5 1/2 lbs so she didn't get any side eyes. My nephew was born 7 months after my sister's wedding.  Nobody made up stories or acted like there was something wrong with that.  He did the math once around 10 years old and we all had a good laugh.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I was born 4 years before my parents marriage. I must have been very premature! :P 

My oldest was born 2 years before we got married. She was so premature there's not even a word for it yet

5 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

My oldest was born 2 years before we got married. She was so premature there's not even a word for it yet

I think it's called "prematurity of a kick ass fun night".  Pretty sure that's the medical term.

5 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I think it's called "prematurity of a kick ass fun night".  Pretty sure that's the medical term.

Or anticipating your wedding vows. ;) 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived