IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

On 4/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, Nikedagain? said:

I wonder if our fave TFDW did ALERT? 

I would have tuned in for that. 

Looking at the Fundie young men we snark on, probably not all have been to ALERT, although I'd be willing to bet JD went but it was never made public.  ALERT is for manly men, or those who need to be transformed into manly men.

Chances are that the vast majority have done Character and JTTH.  Some have been JTTH leaders.  It is not just for the girls.

They also have the online "Rise Up!" these days.  The course description is illustrated by none other than Brandon Keilen.  http://iblp.org/programs/rise-up

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2017 at 5:58 PM, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I wonder if they'll make them pretend to get engaged on film like they did with Jinger.  Another romantic dinner date in the woods like Joy (note that this is the opposite of Jinger's engagement in the big city), or maybe they'll go somewhere in the middle since they bounced from one extreme to the other with Jinger and Joy, and have them get engaged at Tacos For Life?  

When I watched Jinger's engagement and then read about Joy's it made me wonder if one of the producers reads this site. Jinger got her "big city" New York engagement and Joy got her "tomboy", country girl engagement. It's like they knew if the engagements had been staged in any other way there would have been threads about that.

On 4/1/2017 at 5:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

No one on FJ would fall for that since we all know JB would force those two down the aisle the minute the pee stick turned positive. 

I wish I could say I didn't fall for that article, but I totally did until I realized 1. What day it was, and 2. When I got to the part that said they were giving the baby a middle name like Jezebel for being concieved out of wedlock. I know the Duggars believe in sins of the father and all of that stuff, but I can't see them giving a kid a name that would indicate the kids parents had sinned. Like you said, Boob would probably just throw them a shotgun wedding (and then when the baby arrives earlier than what would be expected for a new marriage, say something like, "The baby came early, because JESUS.#Soblessed!!" :pb_lol: :pb_rollseyes:)

What threw me is when they wrote "We sometimes we sinned up to six, seven times a day!" (Or something to that effect.) I can totally see a Duggar saying something like that with regret and guilt in their voice, while wondering why people in mainstream society hear that kind of phrasing, and start giggling like a bunch if 12 year olds (lol..."We sometimes sinned up to six, seven times a day!" Lol :pb_lol:)

101. Do you have experience cutting hair? 

102. Will you cut ____________'s hair and the hair of all your future blessings in the kitchen around food and dishes just because that's how Duggars roll? 

103. Can you operate on Duggar Time? 

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Looking at the Fundie young men we snark on, probably not all have been to ALERT, although I'd be willing to bet JD went but it was never made public.  ALERT is for manly men, or those who need to be transformed into manly men.

Chances are that the vast majority have done Character and JTTH.  Some have been JTTH leaders.  It is not just for the girls.

They also have the online "Rise Up!" these days.  The course description is illustrated by none other than Brandon Keilen.  http://iblp.org/programs/rise-up

As I just mentioned in the Joshley thread, only Josiah, Joe, and Jeremiah have been to ALERT. This is by the Duggars' own admission as they've been pimping ALERT HARD for the last couple of months on their FB page. 

22 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

When I watched Jinger's engagement and then read about Joy's it made me wonder if one of the producers reads this site. Jinger got her "big city" New York engagement and Joy got her "tomboy", country girl engagement. It's like they knew if the engagements had been staged in any other way there would have been threads about that.

I'd be surprised if the producers weren't reading this page regularly.  Their goal is to get ratings and ad dollars.  This page works better than a focus group.  There are a lot of people here, from all over the world, with a lot of viewpoints, who spend time following this family.  They'd be stupid if they weren't hanging around here.  

Lily and Ellie just posted a bunch of pics of Kendra from the "missions" trip to Central America (El Salvador?) that JB took the older Duggar girls on in 2013. Apparently she was with them for that trip, so she's been hanging around them for ages. We already mostly knew that, but she hadn't been in much of the footage, to my knowledge, or at least wasn't ever pointed out.  Does anyone have access to episodes with footage from that trip to see whether she showed up in it as well as in the pictures Ellie and Lily posted? 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/04/throwback-pictures-ofkendra.html

15 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Lily and Ellie just posted a bunch of pics of Kendra from the "missions" trip to Central America (El Salvador?) that JB took the older Duggar girls on in 2013. Apparently she was with them for that trip, so she's been hanging around them for ages. We already mostly knew that, but she hadn't been in much of the footage, to my knowledge, or at least wasn't ever pointed out.  Does anyone have access to episodes with footage from that trip to see whether she showed up in it as well as in the pictures Ellie and Lily posted? 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/04/throwback-pictures-ofkendra.html

Oh good, a "Hope for the Hopeless" t-shirt is also in her wardrobe :my_rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Oh good, a "Hope for the Hopeless" t-shirt is also in her wardrobe :my_rolleyes:

But did she survive Roe vs Wade?

49 minutes ago, Casserole said:

If she's tired of it, or it no longer fits, perhaps Jana could turn it into a festive throw pillow as a wedding gift!

On 4/4/2017 at 3:52 PM, Palimpsest said:

If I had the time  would be tempted to do this out of sheer morbid curiosity. (If it were solely and online and there were no active participation bits)

46 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

But did she survive Roe vs Wade?

My high school aged niece is a believer in the "abortion holocaust." A couple of Christmases ago I was very tempted to make her an "I survived the abortion holocaust, and all I got was this shirt" shirt. I knew it was going to really piss her and her mom off, so I decided not to because it wasn't worth the fallout. It's the first image that goes through my head when I hear "abortion holocaust" nonsense that goes along with Roe vs Wade. For some reason I picture them wearing a silly shirt like that.

15 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

My high school aged niece is a believer in the "abortion holocaust." A couple of Christmases ago I was very tempted to make her an "I survived the abortion holocaust, and all I got was this shirt" shirt. I knew it was going to really piss her and her mom off, so I decided not to because it wasn't worth the fallout. It's the first image that goes through my head when I hear "abortion holocaust" nonsense that goes along with Roe vs Wade. For some reason I picture them wearing a silly shirt like that.

The Duggars and their friends like to wear "I survived Roe v. Wade" shirts-- implying that their parents seriously considered aborting them, but didn't.

59 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Duggars and their friends like to wear "I survived Roe v. Wade" shirts-- implying that their parents seriously considered aborting them, but didn't.

Wouldn't "I was the strongest sperm" be more appropriate. Oh they probably don't know what sperm is, never mind. 

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

If she's tired of it, or it no longer fits, perhaps Jana could turn it into a festive throw pillow as a wedding gift!

I think Jana needs to branch out in her servants heart and start making quilts of all the old tacky tshirt and make "missions" tshirt quilts.

That shirt still makes no sense to me. Roe v. Wade has absolutely, positively no impact on them or anyone in their family, friends or circles. 

To me, surviving Roe vs Wade, means that your mother attempted an abortion, but for some reason it didn't take.

I wonder if they ever get approached by snarkers when they wear these stupid shirts?

"Oh survived an abortion? omg what was that like?" :pb_lol: 

On 4/3/2017 at 8:35 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

For me, In n Out is the best, as it's what I grew up with. I'll say that once you go Animal Style, you won't go back, especially if you get fries that way. As for Chick fil A, the one I heard about in the Las Vegas area had people camping in the parking lot before it was officially opened, in Henderson which is actually pretty conservative when compared to Las Vegas itself. It's to the point where if you had a Democratic candidate's bumper sticker on your car, you got a lot of nasty looks from others.

Camping for Chick-fil-a openings is a standard event - they give away coupons for 52 free meals (one meal per week for a year) to the first 100 people in line at every opening. It's so popular they have a lottery to choose the people who get to camp out, then the restaurant staff leads activities throughout the night. Jezebel did a write up of the experience in NYC a few years ago: http://jezebel.com/chick-fil-a-will-give-100-humiliated-new-yorkers-free-f-1733813830

On 4/6/2017 at 10:09 AM, Carm_88 said:

Wouldn't "I was the strongest  fastest sperm" be more appropriate. Oh they probably don't know what sperm is, never mind. 

Fixed that for you

On 4/5/2017 at 5:15 PM, BadMammaJana said:

I liked how you initially specified your niece instead of your sibling and the rest of their family since it made me imagine that she'd totally gone rogue and picked up extreme beliefs to the chagrin of her loved ones (I knew people like that in high school), but then I saw saw the "piss her and her mom off" part and was disappointed.

On 4/6/2017 at 11:03 AM, Mela99 said:

That shirt still makes no sense to me. Roe v. Wade has absolutely, positively no impact on them or anyone in their family, friends or circles. 

The shirt is asinine.  As if any of the wearers' married, bible-thumping, arrow-collecting parents would have been tempted to abort simply because it was legal.  Do they really think their parents were that stupid?

On April 3, 2017 at 5:06 PM, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

I live near in n out and go more than I would like to admit. I prefer to order off of the secret menu. I get the grilled cheese animal style and the animal style fries. 

CD010164-48E1-4110-9068-325E3BCDDE2B-40288-000026ACEF70F432.png

Oh, well-done fries are an option?  That's my main complaint with in and out - I like the burgers but the fries seem undercooked.  What's the diff between 'animal style fries' and 'ultimate animal style fries'?  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived