IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

19 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I am so grateful, every day of my life, that I was not born, raised or brainwashed a Maxwell.

I agree with you completely.  

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I cringed at the quote Sarah chose for that post. "No good thing will he withhold." Guess a husband wouldnt have been good. 

I still fail to understand how Sarah can truly be okay with that, or has her Ned Flanders-like interpretation of the bible, ie, we follow it all, even the parts that contradict the other parts, just brainwashed her to the point where she's settled?

New post up - the "girls" and Teri had a day out. What they were doing is kind of unclear. Sarah says they started out with a purpose: "ministry", but she doesn't say what ministry. They then went to Roasterie, which I guess is a coffee shop. I think that's after the ministry? I don't know. Then they went shopping at different places, and appear to have gotten bins for stuff. Anna and Mary used gift cards that Melanie and Nathan gave for babysitting. Then went out to eat again and more shopping. No where is the minsitry purpose mentioned, but I'm guessing that it has to do with the only ministry they have ever really endorsed on the blog, Operation Christmas Child. 

Another post up.  Drew colored pictures for the elderly at church.

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

New post up - the "girls" and Teri had a day out. What they were doing is kind of unclear. Sarah says they started out with a purpose: "ministry", but she doesn't say what ministry. They then went to Roasterie, which I guess is a coffee shop. I think that's after the ministry? I don't know. Then they went shopping at different places, and appear to have gotten bins for stuff. Anna and Mary used gift cards that Melanie and Nathan gave for babysitting. Then went out to eat again and more shopping. No where is the minsitry purpose mentioned, but I'm guessing that it has to do with the only ministry they have ever really endorsed on the blog, Operation Christmas Child. 

Whty does everything they do have to have a purpose?

Somebody get me a fainting couch. A Maxwell is pictured with a black person, and a blog entry is posted that features the names of their "friends." But you know what? I feel like a crotchety bastard today. Call me when they acknowledge Miss Patricia and Mr. Roy's individual personalities beyond "has a heart for the lord," and "is a blessing to others." And Steve, Free Jinger shouldn't have to prompt you to name and showcase the worth of your "friends."

Hi Stevie!!1!

I 'babysit' my niece and nephew for free, I don't expect a gift card as I love them and want to spend time with them.

2 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Hi Stevie!!1!

I 'babysit' my niece and nephew for free, I don't expect a gift card as I love them and want to spend time with them.

Yes, but in the Maxwells defense (I can't believe I'm saying that), it seems Anna and Mary do a lot more than just babysit. They take them for whole days at a time and also they clean their siblings houses on demand as well. I think it's nice they were given something as a show of appreciation. 

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Then went out to eat again and more shopping. No where is the minsitry purpose mentioned, but I'm guessing that it has to do with the only ministry they have ever really endorsed on the blog, Operation Christmas Child. 

We purposed to do ministry yesterday too.  

Mr. P. and I went to two stores looking for a specific item or two, but decided that we could do better on line.  We then went out to lunch (delicious Thai food) came home and put the doggy bags in the fridge.  We took the dogs out for a long walk and talked to other walkers.  Then I folded laundry.  We had left over Thai food for dinner and watched the BEAST until we went to bed.  Call the Midwife and Home Fires are back. :)

We didn't take photos. We also didn't take any tracts with us to give everyone we spoke with, and completely forgot to ask the server how we could pray for him.  I think those are the main differences between our and the Maxwells' ministries this week.

10 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Yes, but in the Maxwells defense (I can't believe I'm saying that), it seems Anna and Mary do a lot more than just babysit. They take them for whole days at a time and also they clean their siblings houses on demand as well. I think it's nice they were given something as a show of appreciation. 

I  agree but the Maxwells make such an idol of it. Surely their ideology would suggest they do it for love and for the lord and they don't warrant what some would call payment? click here for my amazon link.

37 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

We didn't take photos. We also didn't take any tracts with us to give everyone we spoke with, and completely forgot to ask the server how we could pray for him.  I think those are the main differences between our and the Maxwells' ministries this week.

Slacker.

Drew is 2. He'll be 3 on July 5th. He's about the same age as Ruthie minus a few months.

1 hour ago, SuchABlessing said:

I agree. It sounds like Anna and Mary do a lot for them, and it's nice that Nathan isn't some cheap bastard who takes them for granted. There's a difference between expecting payment for something and accepting an offered gift. I don't think the latter is hypocritical of them or their "ministry."

I've taken the day off work and babysat my nephews before when my brother was in a pinch. I would have down it for free but appreciated when he sent me an Amazon gift card. 

56 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I wonder what they're going to do with all those organizer supplies they bought?

Maybe for the IBLP conference?

3 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

How old is Andrew? Looks like very good colouring for someone his age.

I'm sure that coloring within the lines is actively encouraged from an early age.

@Palimpsest,  I watched Call the Midwife and Home Fires last night, too!  That poor sweet little boy!  I am so glad that prickly Sister Ursula took him to the biscuit tin.  I'm even more glad that he, his mum and his new baby sister were able to get away from that horror of  a dad.  

I assume that none of the leftover Thai went into any dog's tummies.  I gave my dachshund a sliver of Black Pepper Triscuit the other day and she didn't touch it.  She loves the Gouda ones though.

3 hours ago, freejugar said:

I wonder what they're going to do with all those organizer supplies they bought?

I was thinking the same, especially since they proclaim to be such amazing home organizers - what kind of stuff could there be left to organize at the already immaculate Chez Maxwell?!?

It's got to be for Operation Christmas Child. That's the only thing they ever really buy stuff for. 

I am defrauded by Mary's skirt, with the very obvious V drawing my eyes to the fertile triangle!  Must be they didn't have a clothing inspection before they went out for the day.   

Can't these people just run errands because that's what they did. Good Lord...everything doesn't need a purpose, I suppose I should start blogging about how today I cooked and cleaned out a closet (with a purpose) 

I scoop my cat's litter boxes several times a day and I do it with a purpose, too.  I don't feel the need to blog about it. 

Today I felt the Lord calling me to wrap my husband's birthday gifts. I was going to be more productive but both of my kids were texting me all day and making me laugh. So I answered the devil's call and sat on my couch for the afternoon texting and laughing, texting and laughing; while trashy Bravo TV shows played in the background.  

A few things about my husband that makes us appreciate him as his birthday approaches tomorrow:

He likes beef in his burritos. 

He likes his coffee with cream and sugar. 

He has made ranch dressing an idol.

Ditto with peanut butter. 

He keeps his car clean and tidy. 

13 hours ago, freejugar said:

They need somewhere to store the minutes for the meetings where they'll plan the meetings to organise the meetings to plan the schedule for their next trip to Hobby Lobby.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived