IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

ERMA GERD!!!!!! Did anyone else notice the wide stance phallic rock in this scene?

Screenshot 2017-03-19 at 2.02.55 PM.png

Jebus H. Crust on a Big Red Bus, these guys just never let up. 

ETA: I did go to the scene at the 5-minute mark.  Where the hell does someone get a very long walking stick in a treeless area?  Ditto, firewood for the fire in the hulk of a (conveniently) crashed airplane!  Inquiring minds want to know.  I guess it's driftwood.  Also, their outfits suggest people who really have no idea what backpacking is like or what you wear to hang in the out of doors for work or play. It's an Abercrombie and Fitch vibe.  Nothing rugged about it. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Solheimasandur plane wreck is a really well-known tourist spot, actually.  I spent three weeks in Iceland, and it looks like they pretty much just drove around the ring road and filmed at all the touristy sites.  I recognize almost all of it.  

The BRADRICK network website was a thing of beauty.  

In its first incarnation, the logo had a striking resemblance to Nazi symbols.  Then he changed it to a big orange flag after we all mocked it mercilessly on here.  

Then, when the site was actually up and running, it was basically a ticker of "disasters" taking place around the states, and a bunch of testimonials from Petey's buddies.  I recall that Kelly Crawford's husband was one of them.  

I watched the one @Marian the Librarian so kindly provided and was annoyed at how the logo developed from White Star's flag. Talk about capitalizing on tragedy!

But I'd  forgotten totally about the faux Nazi symbol that preceded it --- and best of all, its coincidental disappearance after discussion here!

Good times, good times. 

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Kelly and Peter are really poster victims for the whole noxious cesspool that is VF-NCFIC-etc. 

Not letting Peter off the hook here for abusing his (ex-) wife (to be) AND children with years of gross dishonesty & betrayal, but he must be one fucked up human being. 

Primary responsibility for the mess that is Peter Bradrick goes right to his parents, Michael and Susan Bradrick. If there is a FSM or G-d or even any justice in this world or the next, Michael & Susan Bradrick will get theirs -- in spades & flames.

All of these second generation quiverfull/patriarchy young adults are hot messes. Other than siring and giving birth, these kidults have done nothing of note, and they are lacking in the job skills and education necessary to improve the lives of themselves and their children. The well-off ones like Josh and Kelly can sponge off their parents but I wonder how long they can do that, especially in the case of the former since JB is responsible for about thirty-three people. 

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

Peter and his Manly Men (does this sound like the worst band name ever to anyone else?) would have been better served by forming a CERT unit of some nature, because then they would have had a recognisable credential and been on the record somewhere.

There's a natural human desire to want to do something to help in a disaster, but that needs to be coupled with training and skills so the helpers don't become part of the problem and victims themselves. It also means that people need to be realistic about their limitations and don't volunteer to help in a place that they could end up hurt, IE me. I don't belong in the field helping because of my asthma. That said, I organise like a boss, so I'm better off in a coordinating role than out there DOING the work.

In 2010 my little town was ripped to pieces by a tornado. I was home alone and in the midst of an ugly divorce. I wasn't physically capable of doing much of anything (except cleaning up the cemetery but that was weeks later). I did, however, live on the edge of town instead of smack in the middle of it. While we lost about 15 trees and everything outside was a mess, our house was in tact. We were among the first to have power restored the next morning. The only thing I had to offer, that I was capable of doing without causing more of a problem, was my house. I had electricity, thus air conditioning, running water, working appliances. For 3 days, until the town buildings had power restored,  I had people in and out of my house constantly, taking showers, cooling off, eating, resting. My house was the meeting place for several teams first thing in the morning and at intervals throughout the day. 

I couldn't chop down damaged trees or clean up destroyed houses, but I gave what I had. Quietly. I didn't advertise it - I coordinated with the Red Cross and Emergency Services that were taking care of volunteers, laborers, etc. They told them where a shower could be found or an air conditioned rest. 

No heroics ever need be involved in helping in disaster and the whole Bradrick! thing was a giant, dangerous joke. Such Christian behavior to showboat and flaunt rather than just do what needs to be done (was there ever actually a situation where Bradrick! and his 'team' went in and did anything?)

That was 2010. The following year, the tornado that was a special gift from god for Mrs. Generation Cedar, tore through the south. That's when Peter formed Bradrick! like some savior, well after the fact. At the time I was so fucking pissed at him and his bullshit. He did videos of the damage and people involved; he ran in and made it a show for his benefit and I wanted nothing more than to smack him. 

He was never qualified to do anything other than showboat - that much is clear. The dangers of cult living are extreme and all anyone need do is look at Bradrick! and the live he's lived, then and now. 

@fundiefan I actually have done things related to disaster response, and I can confirm that to those teams you probably were a hero. Thank you.

A huge thank you to @acheronbeach and @Marian the Librarian for the jaw dropping videos - they were even worse than I remembered... The beginning of the Manly Men promo was straight outta horror films with creepy humming and curtains blowing in windows. I just kept waiting the guy watching news lose his shit and go all "Shining" after his family upstairs...

I know this is very shallow, but David Brown has always made me feel sick. There's something about his baby face and greasy helmet hair that makes me stabby. He's like an overgrown child that suddenly has become an adult - and a father and a husband. This guy in his very early twenties (during the filming, he must be in his mid-twenties now) is ready to lead his wife and kids the way only Manly Men can lead. In the video, during the map scene, he was like a prop standing in corner while other more capable men were duscussing their plans. Such a spiritual head of his very own household he is! Speaking of household, do you remember his house? He started building it when he was only 12 years old, and, according to Scottie and the Tool, had to think how many closets his future breed machine might need. Let's hope Monica  is happy with her closets...

Holy crap. I just watched those videos. I'd forgotten how full of themselves the whole VF crowd was (is). The manly men spent all their time giving each other emotional blow jobs. All I could do was laugh at the absurdities. How the hell did anyone ever get sucked in and take that seriously? So, so much worse than I even remember. 

Re: disaster relief. A couple of years after my state got hit hard by Irene & Sandy, I was sent to the state emergency management bunker, which is impressive, for training. The people who run it are very experienced and organized. The message I got was "sit down & shut up until you are told to do something. No arguing or discussing. Follow chain of command." I had to learn a computer system that regulates where supplies are and how they are moved to needed locations. There were a couple of written tests afterward.

Those responders would not put up with lookey loos or do-gooders. They create more trouble than they are worth. The non-state agencies at the bunkers were the big ones - Red Cross, etc. with lots of experience. No religious groups. They work 12 hour shifts & get fed at the bunker. Pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

He started building it when he was only 12 years old, and, according to Scottie and the Tool, had to think how many closets his future breed machine might need. Let's hope Monica  is happy with her closets...

Ah, dear (not) David. Little twerp - er, fellow - at age 14 or so declared his intention to marry Monica. I surely hope she had even a little say in it. Isn't she older than he? 

Speaking of closets. I know a guy who came out after fathering 3 kids because he wanted in on the family business and needed to prove himself a family man to get the gig.   One of his sons is also gay.

I'm not in any way saying anything other than this: if one of Peter's 5 sons is gay and remembers the reason for his folks' divorce, woe betide the poor kid. A whoppin' heapin' helpin' of fear and self-loathing from the start. 

Patriarchy And Dominionism Ruin Lives!!!

PS: On reflection, no child of Peter & Kelly's will grow up without being told repeatedly that their father is a bad, bad man. And it won't be hard for them to figure out why. 

Infuriating. 

@fundiefan Kudos to you for assisting your community!

Watched the promo video again, it had been some time (pre DPIAT) that I had seen it last.   What I noted was the underlying message was that that disaster relief efforts (for which I read meaning the ebil gubmint and not Christian to boot) was not up to snuff but Bradrick! would get it right with his network of Christian manly men.   Whatever emergency response work Peter really did (per his claims) one thing he did not take away from those experiences was the appreciation for actual emergency response processes and the people who did them.  He was arrogant enough to think he could do better and also that it was specifically a team of men.   Guess he didn't consider efforts of female emergency responders to be worth anything and he certainly had to have met female responders if his claims are to be believed. 

Luckily, the Band of Manly Men didn't get too far and therefore didn't do any damage, given the level of arrogance, they could have.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Holy crap. I just watched those videos. I'd forgotten how full of themselves the whole VF crowd was (is). The manly men spent all their time giving each other emotional blow jobs. All I could do was laugh at the absurdities. How the hell did anyone ever get sucked in and take that seriously? So, so much worse than I even remember. 

Yeah, "emotional" blowjobs.

36 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Re: disaster relief. A couple of years after my state got hit hard by Irene & Sandy, I was sent to the state emergency management bunker, which is impressive, for training. The people who run it are very experienced and organized. The message I got was "sit down & shut up until you are told to do something. No arguing or discussing. Follow chain of command." I had to learn a computer system that regulates where supplies are and how they are moved to needed locations. There were a couple of written tests afterward.

Those responders would not put up with lookey loos or do-gooders. They create more trouble than they are worth. The non-state agencies at the bunkers were the big ones - Red Cross, etc. with lots of experience. No religious groups. They work 12 hour shifts & get fed at the bunker. Pretty impressive.

In my limited experience, in the one tornado, um, yeah. Not just anybody can just show up and start cutting trees or sorting debris. One of my neighbors at the time was a home builder. He owned his own company. He had 30+ years experience in construction; doing the heavy lifting. He was not qualified. He thought he'd be welcomed with open arms, I think many thought that. The fact is, though, he did not have the right experience or training and while they used his muscle and skills, it was only later and only as directed. He cut down all the dangling trees in our yards  before going to the volunteer center and they actually reprimanded him for doing it - there were too many and since the power lines were down, physically on the ground, there was no way to know how far their reach went. We were more than 1/4 mile off the road - where the power poles were - but in a storm, you just don't know. 

He did eventually become heavily involved in the clean up but not the initial clean up and not on his own. 

I know it's nature to want to run in and help, but mostly, that's the worst choice outside extenuating circumstances (running into a burning building to save someone screaming...). I'm glad Bradrick! never got off the ground but am still appalled at the hubris that was involved in it. 

I cannot help thinking that Peter's Bradrick! responder business and all his other manly men adventures were a welcome ... um... cover for a man who is allegedly bi/gay.  Since VF/ NCIFC disdain the company of women, Peter got to spend a great deal of time in the company of men.  And by the Dominionist definition -- manly Christian men. 

Not in the least hinting any of them were sexual partners.  But Peter was able to be a big shot within the group, surround himself with other men, and spend only a little time with his wife. All of that totally sanctioned by the VF/ NCIFC dogma.

Also -every time I see the phrase "manly men" in connection with Bradrick! I think of the old SNL skit "Miles Copperthwaite" and the Raging Queen with its crew of "manly men". 

43 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Also -every time I see the phrase "manly men" in connection with Bradrick! I think of the old SNL skit "Miles Copperthwaite" and the Raging Queen with its crew of "manly men". 

Belushi's commitment to his craft can't be questioned when you see the care he took in getting the facial hair and costume just right

Melody+and+Peter+-+FB+Quality-213.jpg

Oh, wait-- this is Peter Bringe. Sorry about that. 

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Does the self-aggrandizement of naming your disaster aid organization after yourself stand out to anyone?

And you guys, it's totally different from CERT. It's MEN being MANLY, poring over maps, doing MASCULINE stuff with chainsaws, while women are safely ensconced in their rocking chairs upstairs. You just wouldn't understand.

Also, "celebrating the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic" Um....:my_confused:

@nausicaa All I can think of is the Living Color skits with Blaine and Antwan.   Men on Film...... 

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I watched the one @Marian the Librarian so kindly provided and was annoyed at how the logo developed from White Star's flag. Talk about capitalizing on tragedy!

But I'd  forgotten totally about the faux Nazi symbol that preceded it --- and best of all, its coincidental disappearance after discussion here!

Good times, good times. 

Funny enough, MJB, I was poking around the yuku site looking for something I'd posted ages ago when I found a couple of your gems - prophetic, actually...

I wish with all my heart that Peter Bradrick would have to get a real job and stay out of other folks' bidnitz.

And...

"Monday morning, my daughter Kelly gave birth to a baby girl. As you can see, Peter Bradrick has finally embraced the color pink."

My admittedly snide thought: Methinks the Peter doth protest too much. "I'm a manly man! I hatez pink! I'm all boy!Nothing girly about me! Yeah, me! Boys boys boys boys boys!"

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why whatever could you mean? A network of men AND a protection program? 

Screenshot_2017-03-19-19-39-28.png

I wonder how much of Peter's impassioned confrontation with DPIAT long ago was really sexual jealousy?

10 hours ago, Clementine said:

Did the Bradrick organization actually do some kind of disaster relief work or was their "work" just a big fat aggrandizing promo video and nothing else?

I think the video must have been made around the same time as Doug went into a full-blown megalomania mode and planned to send VF members on "expeditions" to various parts of the world. He illustrated their upcoming journeys with a film where he is standing in front of what is supposed to look like a crashed plane (?) in an Archtic environment. Doug is wearing a thick Icelandic cable knit sweater and is channeling Kirk Douglas in some 1950's disaster movie. It was a very well produced video that made absolutely no sense. Does anybody have a screen shot of it?
http://www.freedomfilmdistributors.com/blog/2012/02/challenging-call-to-take-hazardous-journeys-at-the-2012-saicff/

I followed that link and at the bottom of the page found this:

Mr. Phillips called for independent filmmakers to take teams all over the globe, to 7 continents, 5 oceans, and 195 countries by the year 2022. In the next 24 months, Vision Forum hopes to take a venture on the Virgin Galactic private space shuttle to the next frontier: Space.

What the ...???  DPIAT was planning on riding SpaceShipOne???  From the VG website:

A seat to space with Virgin Galactic and membership of the Future Astronaut community requires the full price of US$250,000 to be paid as an up front deposit. Rights to refunds and other terms will be sent for your consideration as a part of the application process.

Now THERE'S a good and Godly use of funds...

Wrong thread, I know.

3 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

@nausicaa All I can think of is the Living Color skits with Blaine and Antwan.   Men on Film...... 

'Hated It!"  lol--I'm kidding, really loved that show.   Who couldn't like Homie the clown?

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

And you guys, it's totally different from CERT. It's Christian MEN being MANLY, poring over maps, doing MASCULINE stuff with chainsaws. . .

Fixed that for you.

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Solheimasandur plane wreck is a really well-known tourist spot, actually.  I spent three weeks in Iceland, and it looks like they pretty much just drove around the ring road and filmed at all the touristy sites.  I recognize almost all of it.  

So Doug and his manly men made a hazardous journey to one of the most well-known tourist spots in Iceland? How heroic of them! I wonder if they needed permission to film there or if a bunch of weird Americans just showed up and started filming, walking around in knitted sweaters, drinking coffe from a tin cup and staring longingly into the horizon.

As for Peter's "refreshingly vigorous, sometimes wet, sometimes sweaty, manly romp", (heh!), I am not really surprised. I always felt that his way of grinning and grabbing Kelly and treating her and the kids like some kind of prize cups was overcompensation. Heterosexual men usually don't have a body language that scream "look, I have a wife, here she is, look how manly I am" when they are posing for photos. Come to think of it, Peter's behaviour reminds me of Tom Cruise when he started dating Katie Holmes.

3 hours ago, Clementine said:

How heroic of them! I wonder if they needed permission to film there or if a bunch of weird Americans just showed up and started filming, walking around in knitted sweaters, drinking coffe from a tin cup and staring longingly into the horizon.

I'm guess this is what happened. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I bet there were tourists gawking right outside the picture. Weren't all Dougie's Hazardous Journeys  well known tourists trips? 

I am glad that Kelly actually left him and didn't feel like she needed to try and cover things up, stay and "win him without a word". 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, Georgiana said:

It's possible.  However, judges REALLY don't like to grant supervised visitation.  It is a massive restriction on one of the parents, and in some cases can cost the state a pretty penny if the parent needs state assistance in providing an adequately supervised environment.  

Judges will and do alter settlements a couple has agreed upon if they do not believe they are appropriate.  I've seen them order alimony when BOTH parties fought against it because the judge disagreed with their assessment on it being fair ("I don't care.  You owe her money, and you are going to pay her.").  I have a hard time believing that the consensus of the couple ALONE would be enough to motivate a judge to sign off on something so major as this.  In that case, the more likely outcome would be a judge telling them that if THEY BOTH PRIVATELY AGREED he needed supervision with the kids, they could both PRIVATELY SET UP  every visit to be supervised, but that the state would not be involved in that restriction.  

Court ordered supervised visitation is so much more than just "a person has to be there".  Generally the supervisors have to be appropriate and vetted, they have specific restrictions on them, they have to sign documents to be placed on file with the courts, etc.  That's extra work for the courts.  Courts don't take on extra work just because this couple has private concerns about homosexuality.  

Plus, the courts favor longevity.  If this were just a private agreement, there would be a good chance that down the line, one party would fall OUT of agreement with this restriction...which would mean they would have to take this back to court.  Whereas, if it is not necessary, they could have supervision for as long they think they need it and then modify it ON THEIR OWN when it's no longer required.  

So while it is certainly POSSIBLE the judge just signed off on what they privately agreed upon, I think it is more likely that the court had sufficient motivation to sign off on supervised visitation.  

Court ordered supervision and mutually agreed upon supervision are very different things. I think you are incorrectly conflating the two.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived