IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

@Palimpsest, can you tell us how the secret of Peter's double life came out? Was he caught with his pants down? If you don't feel like sharing this info, I do understand 100 %.

I have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than a legal term that I love because it is SO fun to say... "In flagrante delicto" -- to be caught in the act... with one's pants down.  In flagrante delicto -- makes me smile just saying it. :-)

I have no idea if this were the case for Peter, I just like the term.

Sorry for the interruption, carry on.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

The organization was the brainchild of someone who had no idea and could do potentially more harm than good....

.....and who had a wide-stance mentality, which was an epidemic problem with all VF males, or as my acupuncture lady would say,  a severe Yin imbalance. 

What's annoying is that there are already groups who have found their niche, are organized and ready to roll.  Someone told me about a Methodist men's group that cooks -- they are organized ready to head out with everything needed to successfully feed large numbers of people in the aftermath of a disaster -- they know how to be an asset and not a liability. 

The amazing Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies focuses on helping disabled people in the aftermath of natural disasters, especially hurricanes and floods.  What I'm trying to say is this: learn from those who are already doing these things right, then find your niche. If you can't find an unmet need, you aren't needed.

Where I live all disaster recovery has to go through Emergency Management. Some churches have men and women who are trained and registered with EMA. Peter and his manly men are not qualified, and would only hinder the process.

Where I live all disaster recovery has to go through Emergency Management. Some churches have men and women who are trained and registered with EMA. Peter and his manly men are not qualified, and would only hinder the process.

Peter and his Manly Men (does this sound like the worst band name ever to anyone else?) would have been better served by forming a CERT unit of some nature, because then they would have had a recognisable credential and been on the record somewhere.

There's a natural human desire to want to do something to help in a disaster, but that needs to be coupled with training and skills so the helpers don't become part of the problem and victims themselves. It also means that people need to be realistic about their limitations and don't volunteer to help in a place that they could end up hurt, IE me. I don't belong in the field helping because of my asthma. That said, I organise like a boss, so I'm better off in a coordinating role than out there DOING the work.

Just a couple of thoughts on this after combing through many threads.

1. I think it's sad how in the super funny world having consensual gay sex with a man is considered far worse and grievous than molesting little girls. Not saying adultery is ok or anything but it seems in fundy world sexual abuse against little girls and young women is rationalized like hell (look at how many people were defending and still defend Josh, BillGothard and Doug Phillips). But I don't see any fundies trying to defend or rationalize Peter. Pretty much the worst thing for a man to be in these circles is gay and it's considered worse than being a molester. Being gay seems to be the only non redeemable thing a man can do for them.

2. It's sad how these girls are sold a bill of goods. They are taught that all they have to do is to be a virgin on their wedding day (since it seems in fundies world the only thing that could cause marital strife is pre-marital sex), pump out a bunch of kids, be "submissive" and they will have the bestest marriages in the world. How many more messed up stories like this need when they stop lying to girls like this?

I really hope all the messed upedness that has happened to this family ends up sending them to real secular counseling and help. They are both still relatively young people and the kids are really young so maybe they can get real help and maybe even educations. I am actually more optimistic for Peter and Kelly then I am for Josh and Anna. Peter and Kelly are now more "out" of the circle and are actually divorcing so no more "blessings". Peter this least has some inkling of a moral compass for standing up to Doug unlike Smugger who will never understand why what he did was so horrible and as far as I am concerned always at risk of reoffending. 

29 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I do remember the promotional video for BRADRICK!. Unfortunately it is probably nowhere to be seen anymore. Manchild Taylor Tsantles (or Peter himself, can't remember clearly anymore) was walking with a chainsaw along a street littered with fallen trees and branches. To add some drama, it was filmed in a blueish tone and slow-motion. There was also a scene from someone's basement where a group of manly men, including baby faced Mr. David Brown, studied a neighbourhood map and nodded their heads.

And who could forget @twin2 sending various help requests to BRADRICK!

This one?

27 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I do remember the promotional video for BRADRICK!. Unfortunately it is probably nowhere to be seen anymore. Manchild Taylor Tsantles (or Peter himself, can't remember clearly anymore) was walking with a chainsaw along a street littered with fallen trees and branches. To add some drama, it was filmed in a blueish tone and slow-motion. There was also a scene from someone's basement where a group of manly men, including baby faced Mr. David Brown, studied a neighbourhood map and nodded their heads.

And who could forget @twin2 sending various help requests to BRADRICK!

Go to Vimeo.com, enter "Bradrick" in the search box, and voila.

Oh. My. God. @ that video.

How in the hell does this help? Also, he was seriously reinventing the wheel, because underneath all the manly men shit, he was organising something like CERT. Of course, he couldn't have a CERT team because they allow the ebil wimmins in (source, i took the training over 10 years ago).

The Titanic one is PURE GOLD.  I especially liked the sound of trucks flying by in the background.  Nothing says Titanic like filming a video clip next to a highway. 

The Titanic one! Kelly saying "it is recording", the trucks flying by, the wind blowing making it hard to understand him and the poor child on the fence who looks like he really, really needs to pee. 

Does the self-aggrandizement of naming your disaster aid organization after yourself stand out to anyone?

And you guys, it's totally different from CERT. It's MEN being MANLY, poring over maps, doing MASCULINE stuff with chainsaws, while women are safely ensconced in their rocking chairs upstairs. You just wouldn't understand.

Also, "celebrating the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic" Um....:my_confused:

9 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Does the self-aggrandizement of naming your disaster aid organization after yourself stand out to anyone?

Well, when I hear Bradrick I do think disaster, so...

MamaJunebug -- brilliant analysis of the quagmire that is now Bradrick's life.  Consider your post liked x1000.

I want to borrow this description if I may.  I have to find someway to use it: " the fat, fine life of the alphabet soup of his youth"

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

On the NCFIC gospel (tm) tour of North America, he was the big man sermonizing to congregations he called "my children" and after the trip, the man to whom Scottie Brown looked adoringly as he led the tour personnel in a rousing rendition of his own family's song.****

**** Gospel Tour website video. Song actually had a catchy if militaristic tune. It went, "Cheer up, ye sons and daughters / there's nothing to worry about / you'll be sorry you worried at all / in the morning." 

I *know* there was a video of the NCFIC Road Trip gang singing this song, but I haven't been able to find it. But, here are the lyrics, courtesy of Scottie's NCFIC blog:

Our Road Trip Theme Song

We had the joy of singing a song that Peter Bradrick’s family used to sing when they were traveling to home school conferences around the nation.

Cheer up ye saints of God, there’s nothing to worry about
Nothing to make you feel afraid, nothing to make you doubt (some sing “pout”)
Remember Jesus never fails so why not trust Him and shout
You’ll be sorry you worried at all tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow mornin’
Tomorrow mornin’
You’ll be sorry you worried at all tomorrow morning.

https://ncfic.org/blog/posts/our-road-trip-theme-song

Kelly and Peter are really poster victims for the whole noxious cesspool that is VF-NCFIC-etc. 

Not letting Peter off the hook here for abusing his (ex-) wife (to be) AND children with years of gross dishonesty & betrayal, but he must be one fucked up human being. 

Primary responsibility for the mess that is Peter Bradrick goes right to his parents, Michael and Susan Bradrick. If there is a FSM or G-d or even any justice in this world or the next, Michael & Susan Bradrick will get theirs -- in spades & flames.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Is somebody saving these for posterity!?? Thank you for posting! Lurve you, @Marian the Librarian!!

31 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

MamaJunebug -- brilliant analysis of the quagmire that is now Bradrick's life.  Consider your post liked x1000.

I want to borrow this description if I may.  I have to find someway to use it: " the fat, fine life of the alphabet soup of his youth"

I'm honored to offer it to any & all!  Thank you. 

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

This one?

Did the Bradrick organization actually do some kind of disaster relief work or was their "work" just a big fat aggrandizing promo video and nothing else?

I think the video must have been made around the same time as Doug went into a full-blown megalomania mode and planned to send VF members on "expeditions" to various parts of the world. He illustrated their upcoming journeys with a film where he is standing in front of what is supposed to look like a crashed plane (?) in an Archtic environment. Doug is wearing a thick Icelandic cable knit sweater and is channeling Kirk Douglas in some 1950's disaster movie. It was a very well produced video that made absolutely no sense. Does anybody have a screen shot of it?
http://www.freedomfilmdistributors.com/blog/2012/02/challenging-call-to-take-hazardous-journeys-at-the-2012-saicff/

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Nope, nothing is certain.  Nothing is ever concrete. As with everything - use your own judgement as to the veracity of anything.  It is the internet.

I suppose I put the gay/bi theory out there.  I really try to avoid idle speculation. I've practically been standing on my head to be incredibly careful about all of this.

I sat on a bit of  info until the divorce papers seemed to confirm some things I had been told.  I posted very carefully and with a lot of disclaimers.  I have not said anything is absolute truth.  Everything is filtered through a game of telephone.

I happen to trust my source, but you have no reason to trust me.  My source is someone I consider to be a confirmed and trustworthy insider who heard a rumor or two.  Others have heard the same rumors or three. 

I have not stated rumor as fact.  Make up your own mind about what to believe.

The conditions for Peter's bi-monthly supervised visits include the stipulation that he not be accompanied by significant other slash boyfriend slash girlfriend. Why Scott Brown's -- er, -- Kelly's legal counsel would have advised including that write-in is anybody's guess. If nothing else, it's fare for the Internet Speculation Bus. 

11 minutes ago, Clementine said:

He illustrated their upcoming journeys with a film where he is standing in front of what is supposed to look like a crashed plane (?) in an Archtic environment. Doug is wearing a thick Icelandic cable knit sweater and is channeling Kirk Douglas in some 1950's disaster movie. It was a very well produced video that made absolutely no sense. Does anybody have a screen shot of it?

I remember that one, but can't find it. Did find this one where BRADRICK! and Dougie act all manly. 

Here you go:

ETA: No Bradrick! in this one, just Dougie exploiting his kids. Look for the manly Icelandic-sweater-in-the-plane-crash shot at the 5 minute mark.

Just now, Marian the Librarian said:

Here you go:

That's the one, thank you! I still wonder where the hell they found an old plane wreck in the middle of Iceland. (?)

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

OMG, I needed this today!  Petey, the internet is forever!

Was the kid in the Iceland video going to stab a sheep? 

Doug's overacting is amusing 

16 minutes ago, Clementine said:

That's the one, thank you! I still wonder where the hell they found an old plane wreck in the middle of Iceland. (?)

Solheimasandur plane wreck is a really well-known tourist spot, actually.  I spent three weeks in Iceland, and it looks like they pretty much just drove around the ring road and filmed at all the touristy sites.  I recognize almost all of it.  

47 minutes ago, Clementine said:

Did the Bradrick organization actually do some kind of disaster relief work or was their "work" just a big fat aggrandizing promo video and nothing else?

The BRADRICK network website was a thing of beauty.  

In its first incarnation, the logo had a striking resemblance to Nazi symbols.  Then he changed it to a big orange flag after we all mocked it mercilessly on here.  

Then, when the site was actually up and running, it was basically a ticker of "disasters" taking place around the states, and a bunch of testimonials from Petey's buddies.  I recall that Kelly Crawford's husband was one of them.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived