IGNORED

Lori Alexander 16: Protecting Men's Jobs from the Assaults of Women

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I agree with you, and I am absolutely NOT saying that Lori wrote her...but it does fall in line with her past behavior. 

This is, after all, the woman who wanted to call one of her readers after they left a negative review for her Amazon book.  She wrote a letter to her pastor's wife, complaining about her choice in swimwear.  She left notes (PLURAL) on her neighbor's door telling them told them "they better shut that dog up Or Else". 

When I was part of her private group Lori read a post about mutual submission on a young woman's blog. Not content to merely leave a negative comment herself, she encouraged all the women in her group to go there and leave nasty comments as well.  Many of them did.

Among other things, Lori is a bully.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

When I was part of her private group Lori read a post about mutual submission on a young woman's blog. Not content to merely leave a negative comment herself, she encouraged all the women in her group to go there and leave nasty comments as well.  Many of them did.

Among other things, Lori is a bully.

Wow...why am I not surprised?  

So no one can "poop" on Lori's blog, but she doesn't hesitate to go right on someone else's lawn.  Sounds about right.

if women have questions to ask their husbands at home.

But Lori's favorite teacher is Michael Pearl and she's always pointing her readers to him. How about learning from Ken, Lori?

Forget about the exhortation that women are not to teach nor be in authority over men. 

Eh... I guess moderating men's comments is a form of "authority", right? She's corrected men on her blog and has deleted their comments. There's no denying that men are flocking to her blog to hear what they like to hear, from the mouth of a woman. 

Pot. Kettle. Black.

ETA: I can't wait to read what Dave, Trey, Charles and company have to say...

From a comment:

I also am very careful what men preachers I listen to as well. If I can’t find out how they stand about women submitting and obeying, I don’t listen.

Really? Does it matter how they stand on the issue of salvation? Or the sufficiency of Christ? Or spiritual gifts? Does it matter if they love the Church and are servants to all? Does it matter if they ever mention that Jesus taught us to love one another as He loved us? 

Honestly, I don't get these people. 

As the saying goes "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." Lori and Ken are definitely in the last category. 

6 hours ago, onemama said:

Really? Does it matter how they stand on the issue of salvation? Or the sufficiency of Christ? Or spiritual gifts? Does it matter if they love the Church and are servants to all? Does it matter if they ever mention that Jesus taught us to love one another as He loved us? 

Honestly, I don't get these people. 

Nah, they're focusing on the important lessons in the Bible. :my_dodgy: 

It's amazing how people can monofocus on certain parts of Scripture and treat them as black and white orders, while loosely interpreting or ignoring sections that are less to their liking. Very convenient. 

Has anyone watched her latest "youtubes" on spending  her days as an older woman? I can't stomach to watch them but sounds like it might be funny. 

32 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Has anyone watched her latest "youtubes" on spending  her days as an older woman? I can't stomach to watch them but sounds like it might be funny. 

Yeah.  She talks about all of the things she does as a sahogw (stay at home older godly woman).

Essentially, it goes like this.  She needs to be available to watch her grandkids when their mom (who also stays home) needs help.  She recently had them for 2 days (apparently, it felt more like 3), and while she prefers her peace and quiet, she can't always get it ( <----yes, she said that).  She's also careful to point out that taking care of them is "a lot of work for a woman her age".

She also needs to be available to monitor the internet.  The people in that chat room depend on her, and those dissenting comments aren't going to delete themselves. ( <----yes, she lists the chat room as a reason to stay home).

I have no problem with a woman staying home.  I am a stay at home mom.  What I do have a HUGE problem with, is the notion that every other woman can and should stay home just because you can.  I also have a problem with sabotaging your birth control so you can quit your job, but that's another story....

On a side note- I wonder if her daughter-in-law has noticed that Lori complains (via Youtube) when she has to keep her grandkids?  

Lady, she is clearly telling you she'd rather have peace and quiet.  Most grandmas don't feel that way, but clearly, the Godly Mentor does.  Why on earth would you let her keep them??  

Well, as an older woman almost exactly Lori's age, I have to say I prefer MY peace and quiet, too. But let me tell ya, if I am ever blessed with even ONE grandchild, I will gladly give up that peace and quiet any time I'm wanted or needed as a babysitter, and for as LONG as possible. Gimme gimme gimme them grandbabies!! :romance-heartsfade:

How many other sahms have the luxury of help like that like her daughter? Its easy to go on and on about how great being a sahm is when you get help. She is complaining though and complaining is a sin. She only has a few hours with them compared to parents who have them round the clock, but I think a mentality with some older women is "I've paid my dues and this is time for me now. I shouldn't have to help." Not that Lori paid her whole dues. Watching the grandkids now makes up for time she had the nanny. 

Today's blog is all about letting your husband be a hero and "rescue", protect, provide and take care of you. 

One FB commenter laments her singleness because the filter for her showerhead came and she has no idea how to attach it, Because she's not a plumber.  Obviously she thinks only men are plumbers.  Obviously she must have no idea how to read either because these things do come with instructions.

I want to introduce her to the plumbing firm of M. Cary and Daughters in Atlanta.  That's right daughters.  Mr Cary, with no sons, brought his daughters into the biz. Best plumbers anywhere.

Lori also tells us that she has a bad neck and has to rely on random strange men in Costco to help her by picking up anything heavy. She defines heavy as anything more than 5 lbs.

First -- I thought Lori had her neck fused so the bad neck was fixed and secondly  -- seriously she can't pick up 5 ibs? If that's so why isn't Ken being a big strong manly godly protector command man and shopping for her or at least with her.  

I shouldn't think he likes her accosting strange men in Costco for help. They might be overcome with lust. You know how men are, always only thinking with their peens.

59 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Well, as an older woman almost exactly Lori's age, I have to say I prefer MY peace and quiet, too. But let me tell ya, if I am ever blessed with even ONE grandchild, I will gladly give up that peace and quiet any time I'm wanted or needed as a babysitter, and for as LONG as possible. Gimme gimme gimme them grandbabies!! :romance-heartsfade:

My mom misses my kids like crazy when she doesn't see them- when she has a bad day at work (in the ebil ebil public schools), she comes over for some grandbaby love. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Yeah.  She talks about all of the things she does as a sahogw (stay at home older godly woman).

Essentially, it goes like this.  She needs to be available to watch her grandkids when their mom (who also stays home) needs help.  She recently had them for 2 days (apparently, it felt more like 3), and while she prefers her peace and quiet, she can't always get it ( <----yes, she said that).  She's also careful to point out that taking care of them is "a lot of work for a woman her age".

She also needs to be available to monitor the internet.  The people in that chat room depend on her, and those dissenting comments aren't going to delete themselves. ( <----yes, she lists the chat room as a reason to stay home).

I have no problem with a woman staying home.  I am a stay at home mom.  What I do have a HUGE problem with, is the notion that every other woman can and should stay home just because you can.  I also have a problem with sabotaging your birth control so you can quit your job, but that's another story....

On a side note- I wonder if her daughter-in-law has noticed that Lori complains (via Youtube) when she has to keep her grandkids?  

Lady, she is clearly telling you she'd rather have peace and quiet.  Most grandmas don't feel that way, but clearly, the Godly Mentor does.  Why on earth would you let her keep them??  

I have only one grandchild. My daughter's mother-in-law, who is in her early 60s like me, has seven. Both of us care for our grandkids every chance we get. Maryann, who is retired, also cares for her 93-year-old mother full time, along with whichever grandkids need sitting.  And her mother cared for Maryann's kids when they were little. 

Queen Lori has no clue what family love is.

56 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

One FB commenter laments her singleness because the filter for her showerhead came and she has no idea how to attach it, Because she's not a plumber.  Obviously she thinks only men are plumbers.  Obviously she must have no idea how to read either because these things do come with instructions.

Remember Lori said in order to cook all you need to know is how to read! Likewise for home repairs! Or better yet fire up the youtubes. 

About " sahogw (stay at home older godly woman)." so my mom is now a sahogw and my grandmothers both were. 1 became one after she retired from being the school counselor (and farmer's wife) and my mom is now one after retiring from teaching. My other grandmother was always a SAHM because she was a farmers wife and the could make it off my grandfather's farm income.

This is my mom's typical week - church on the weekend (either Saturday night or Sunday morning, us Catholics have a choice), Monday sometimes helps count the offertory if the regular people are not able to do it. Tuesday, go to a quilt shop for her quilting class. Wednesday Bible Study at the church usually with mass before hand. Those are standard items on my mom's calendar. She has not gone to quilt class or bible study if my sister or I need her (kid sick, we have taken too much sick leave from work). My sister has a teenage physically handicapped child so watching my sister's 3 kids (all 11+ years old) is a lot of work because of the Hoyer lift, etc. My kids 3 kids are a little easier even though they are younger (ages 13-5). But my mom helps when she can. I am going to have to tell her she is doing it wrong. She is supposed to start a blog and bitch at other woman and tell them they are doing it wrong. ;) 

Her "how I spend my days as an older woman" video cracks me up and irritates me. She spends a whole lot of time talking about how she has time to spend in the chat room to moderate and mentor women. That sounds just a little bit to me like work. I could buy the mentoring as just following Titus 2, but when she talks about monitoring the chat room and looking for blog material, well, that boes beyond Titus 2. 

Dictionary.com defines hypocrite this way:

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 

Yup. This describes Lori Alexander perfectly.

And the point of today's post is....... ?  It looks like she just built a straw man.

I know my husband can lift heavier than I can and since he's young and fit, he's a lot better built to do jobs like plastering walls or painting. I injured myself painting a room and cleaning all the windows of my house in one week.  I've learned my lesson and I'm taking our windows one or two at a time. 

So what?  Of course I appreciate my husband's greater upper body strength. What point are you really trying to make, Lori?  That we are weaker vessels? Did you read that verse you quoted at the end of your blog post? Did you notice to whom it's addressed? 

A reply from the "Jezebel" post.

God used a woman preacher to lead me to Christ. Joyce Meyer. I learned about submitting to my husband from listening to her preach from the bible. Her teachings are bible based. I never even opened a bible until I began listening to her. I also go to church now.

Lori replies:

God can use anyone or anything to lead people to Him, Monique, but it doesn’t mean what Joyce Meyers is doing is right. It’s not. I listened to her for a while years ago and she said that women are allowed to preach because of Mary Magdalene and other women going to preach the “Good News” of Christ’s resurrection from the dead to the Apostles. No, Mary and the other women didn’t “preach” to anyone. They simply shared with the men what they had seen and was told to tell them.

The Bible is very clear that women are not to teach nor to usurp authority over men. God gave men (deacons and elders who are the husband of one wife) the role of preaching/teaching the Word.

Lori saying that Joyce Meyer shouldn't teach is very hypocritical. Lori attracts male readers too. She's teaching them and giving them exactly what they want to hear. How is that any different from Joyce teaching the masses? Dave Meyer is very often right there with her and he approves of her ministry. I'm not a big fan of Joyce Meyer. I don't like the way she talks and I don't go to her for sound Biblical teaching, but she's good at encouraging people to overcome obstacles in life, and she does preach the Gospel here and there.  It's not like one should trust Lori's Bible teaching either. It's a lot worse than Joyce's.  

33 minutes ago, molecule said:

That sounds just a little bit to me like work. I could buy the mentoring as just following Titus 2, but when she talks about monitoring the chat room and looking for blog material, well, that boes beyond Titus 2. 

Yeah, just because work is unpaid doesn't mean it's not fundamentally still work. 

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori also tells us that she has a bad neck and has to rely on random strange men in Costco to help her by picking up anything heavy. 

Seems like a non-problem that could be easily resolved by having a family member or friend of any gender who is capable of lifting stuff join her on these shopping trips... 

I don't have great upper body strength, and my husband gladly helps out with heavy items. It's not really a big deal, and if he wasn't around to do it, I would figure out a way myself or hire someone. Like how I somehow managed to survive the whole time I lived alone. ;) 

It seems just like yesterday that Lori was a great supporter of Joyce Meyer.

Lori Alexander (referring to Joyce Meyer):

I just know that the disciples came to Him all upset about someone they didn't think was truly teaching the Truth and Jesus responded, "For he who is not against us is for us." {Mark 9:40} I have listened to her enough to know she has never spoken against Jesus but continually teaches who we are in Christ. Jesus uses all types to win people to Him so I am very careful about ever criticizing someone who preaches Jesus and Him crucified.

Lori Alexander (again, referring to Joyce Meyer):

She is a Bible teacher, not a preacher in a church who is in authority over men. I sure wouldn't want to be doing what she is doing, but she is a very good Bible teacher. Do I agree with everything she teaches? No, but I don't agree with anyone 100% but I think that most of what she teaches is biblically solid.

She ends:

They seem to be extremely generous with their money. If someone has told Joyce she loves her bracelet, Joyce will give it to her. We must be so careful, as Christians, to slander other believers.

My, what a long way she's come.  She did the exact.same.thing. to Beth Moore.  

The above quotes can be found in the comments of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-defining-moment-in-their-marriage.html#idc-container

Heris another post she did about Joyce:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-story-of-redemption.htmle

and another:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/04/joyce-meyers-testimony.html#idc-container

and another:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-story-of-redemption.html

Lori seemed to be a big fan until unbridled, green eyed envy took over.

1 hour ago, onemama said:

A reply from the "Jezebel" post.

Lori replies:

Lori saying that Joyce Meyer shouldn't teach is very hypocritical. Lori attracts male readers too. She's teaching them and giving them exactly what they want to hear. How is that any different from Joyce teaching the masses? Dave Meyer is very often right there with her and he approves of her ministry. I'm not a big fan of Joyce Meyer. I don't like the way she talks and I don't go to her for sound Biblical teaching, but she's good at encouraging people to overcome obstacles in life, and she does preach the Gospel here and there.  It's not like one should trust Lori's Bible teaching either. It's a lot worse than Joyce's.  

Lori's probably jealous of Joyce's mansion, plane,  book writing abilities, and let's not rule out the $$$ Joyce brings in.

Does she really believe she is the only women that should teach/preach/mentor? Noone can be so full of themselves and call themselves Godly/Christian.

I simply cannot grasp this.

I wonder what she thinks of April Cassidy now that April is hosting conferences. They use to be friendly, but I don't see Lori comment there anymore.  

I think because of her health she feels bed ridden or house ridden (more so than she probably actually is) and does get jealous at these other teaching women out there hosting conferences and such. Then again though, she did go to Wisconsin for seven weeks. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived