IGNORED

Maxwell party was a working party!

skankbiscuit

Guest Anonymous
I really feel for the Maxwell children even Christopher and Nathan, they did not choose this way of life. They are forced to live a life without joy. A life when Rice Crispy Treats or two animal crackers are a big deal. A life in which a simple like (Pepsi) can be an idol. I hope that there is some way that a few can escape.

Someone should tell Steve that his naps are an idol.

Let him have his naps, since he's out from underfoot when he takes them. But please, for God's sake, doctor his bottled water with Lunesta.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let him have his naps, since he's out from underfoot when he takes them. But please, for God's sake, doctor his bottled water with Lunesta.

even asleep he is in control. though it is funny picturing them kicking back smoking and drinking beer while god/dad is sleeping.

even asleep he is in control. though it is funny picturing them kicking back smoking and drinking beer while god/dad is sleeping.

That was my giggle of the day. I hope that when he naps, Teri can knock back those Pepsis.

As for Rice Krispie Treats I do love them, particularly because they are a pain in the ass to make (not so much time, but just... everything is sticky and stirring the mixture at the end is tiring) and I don't like the commercial ones. I have someone who sends me homemade ones every so often and it's a definitely happy thing to receive.

When I was a teenager I loved Rice Krispies treats so much, I found a quick, lazy, one-serving method to making them when I got home after school. I would get a coffee mug, dump in a scoop of butter, pour over that some Rice Krispies and then a few marshmallows, and stick it in the microwave for a few seconds. Stir, and voila! Instant RK Treat. (The taste, not so much the look.)

This afternoon, when two friends come over to watch the football game and eat the lasagna I'm making and drink the wine I picked up yesterday, will be more of a party than the Maxwell party. I knew it wasn't going to be what anyone else would consider a party.

I would go completely insane being a Maxwell. No people other than family, or other families allowed to be 'friends' by the great idol Steve; no fun other than working on the family business; no life at all other than what their god / father chooses. Teri may have overcome her depression but that life is going to lead everyone else right to it.

Steve has made himself into their idol. THey don't worship God, they worship Steve and his insane decisions.

I can't imagine a life totally without Joy and Happiness.

I also noticed that party was in quotation marks in this post ("party"). Sadface.

Weirdly enough, as abhorrent as their beliefs are, I don't feel the anger about this family that I do about others. I just feel sad for most of them.

This. I knew this "party" was going to be nothing special or exciting. They make me more sad than angry.

Very sad - I had hopes that it might actually be some kind of real party, since party wasn't in quotation marks in the first post about it. But, as usual, a work party packing up their crap. Why must they always drag other people in to do their shit for them? I can't imagine inviting a whole family of people to my house to do nothing except eat rice krispie treats and help me do something that I'm making money from. Arrogance. :x

When I was a teenager I loved Rice Krispies treats so much, I found a quick, lazy, one-serving method to making them when I got home after school. I would get a coffee mug, dump in a scoop of butter, pour over that some Rice Krispies and then a few marshmallows, and stick it in the microwave for a few seconds. Stir, and voila! Instant RK Treat. (The taste, not so much the look.)

Oooh. I think I might have to try that.

The homemade ones I get usually have more butter and slighly less sweet (probably a feature of all homemade ones vs. the commercial ones, maybe), this would do that. Plus, the advantage of not making them only to all of a sudden have 50 of the things (which I will happily eat, but probably ought not!)

As for Steve taking a nap - isn't he the one who drives the bus all the time? Or does anyone else take turns?

If he's planning on driving for hours and they're leaving in mid-afternoon, I can understand him wanting a nap if he's been up from 5 AM reading his Bible. If they trade drivers, though, someone can take a nap in the back and then switch off with Steve.

Being able to sleep all stretched out while in the vehicle, ah, that part looks so pleasant to me. Even when they were first rehabbing the bus and it was basically an empty space with a few easy chairs and a sofa bed in it, just thinking of sleeping all relaxed in a soft space while someone is doing the driving seems like it'd be awesome, to my Greyhound and airline travelling self.

I think Steve is the onlys bus driver. I've never seen them post pictures or anything else about another driver. Maybe they don't want to fork over the $$ for another comercial drivers license. :? It seems very risky to only have 1 driver. What is the old boy gets sick or breaks a leg/arm and can't drive. If they were say, in Northen Canada in the middle of winter, they'd be "up a creek without a paddle".

I always find it rather aggroant to have all these people help pack and ship books for their business. They do make money from the sales. How many store owners to you know that ask people to work for free (or maybe a rice krispy treat) while the owner is away???

I think they said that John is the other driver. I remember them saying way back on one of their other trips that Steve was tired so John took over for a shift.

I seem to remember comments made here and there about John driving. But, I'm sure daddy Steve does the majority of it. He isn't in control otherwise.

They don't fly, or haven't. Steve said once that it wasn't cost effective plus they're scared of TSA and being touched. (That's not how he phrased it but he is too concerned about having to go through security to consider flying).

I hope they at least fed their helpers some burritos or something. The last time I needed friends to help - and I wasn't even making money, I was moving which is its own pain in the ass - I fed everyone beer and/or soda, pizza and chicken wings. When I work weekends, my manager feeds us donuts, bagels and muffins for breakfast and orders in lunch for everyone, and that's even getting paid to do a job, but it's understood that it's not the most convenient thing in the world to do and the perks help make it a bit more tolerable - and shows us that what we are doing is appreciated.

Ah, I had completely forgotten about the need for a CDL (I guess you do need one, even if it's only your own family in the bus?).

As for this other family, it makes me wonder what they do for a living? Is there any possibility the Maxwells would exchange helping them with some other business? Have we seen much of them at all?

That's not how you phrased it at all.

Well, I for one have gotten terribly excited by homemade Rice Krispy treats and they've even been the highlight of my day (you have bad days sometimes, y'know?) But my medication just makes it even more likely I'd be excited by them. Ha!

Interestingly, those C. family sisters look exactly like me except for the teeth. I mean the resemblance is spooky. Especially the younger one -- if she just hid her teeth and you threw her in with my childhood photos, I don't think I'd notice it wasn't me. So now I know what I'd look like if I grew up fundie. I wonder what their genetic background is and what the "C" stands for. Maybe they're my long lost fundie cousins. I can look them up and then maybe I'll get invited to a rockin' Maxwell party! They have RICE KRISPY TREATS!!! (I'll have to take my medication first or I won't make it back to tell y'all about it).

Where do the Maxwells live again? Kansas?

OT but: here is a good version of rice crispy treats from smitten kitchen (also try her caramelized rice crispy treats) http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/11/salte ... py-treats/

now back to the grim Maxwell world

Oolong, you must be adorable because that little girl sure is. I hope the Maxwell influence never extinguishes the sparkle in her eyes.

All that build up for a party.....it was a working party! Only the Maxwells invite people round to do work at a party.

Dang, why am I so dissapointed when it's barely a surprise? :violin:

As in every other picture, Christopher and Anna have a death grip on each other, even though Christopher's arm looks awkward. It doesn't come off as natural.

What is it with the Maxwell's and super overdoing the the vignetting on the pictures? It makes me crazy that they have really amazing camera equipment and instead of learning how to use it correctly, they choose to go crazy with the photoshop/lightroom adjustments. Maxwells- STOP with the vignettes!

You speak truth.

Archived