IGNORED

Maxwell party was a working party!

skankbiscuit

Oh, and they have covered the trip in prayer! Someone help a non-praying person out - what does it mean to cover a trip, or anything, in prayer? And, if it's covered, why do they ask others to do the same?

I think their prayer circle before leaving each trip is staged. If it were full on prayer, why would Sarah be standing back taking a picture rather than praying with everyone? There is a picture of them praying together every time they leave. It screams 'photo op' to me. They're saying 'look how holy we are as we pray (again)'.

I also noticed that Christopher and Anna both changed clothes between lunch and the prayer before leaving. They changed into their matchy-matchy clothes. Why?

These people always generate more questions than answers whenever they post.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve gets the family up before 5:00, if I remember correctly but he is the one who gets to nap. I also noticed that he naps on the road, too.

How old is he, anyway? He's napping an awful lot.

What a dour life, if that's their idea of a party.

Does anyone else get naps?

As a matter if fact, my cats nap whenever they damn well please, and wherever they please. They don't even as me, their headship, for permission.

Nell

I get the feeling Steve drives late into the night, so that is probably why he naps. They seem to cover 700+ miles in one day, and if they didn't leave until 2 pm today, that would put them driving late at night.

The "children" also mention napping in Uriah while Steve is driving, so the napping thing doesn't bother me too much. It actually pleases me they do something normal people do.

Oh, and they have covered the trip in prayer! Someone help a non-praying person out - what does it mean to cover a trip, or anything, in prayer? And, if it's covered, why do they ask others to do the same?

I think their prayer circle before leaving each trip is staged. If it were full on prayer, why would Sarah be standing back taking a picture rather than praying with everyone? There is a picture of them praying together every time they leave. It screams 'photo op' to me. They're saying 'look how holy we are as we pray (again)'.

I also noticed that Christopher and Anna both changed clothes between lunch and the prayer before leaving. They changed into their matchy-matchy clothes. Why?

These people always generate more questions than answers whenever they post.

Hmm, that is interesting. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this is one I could get behind looking into more. I too wonder if the prayer circle send off was a stock-pile photo, because why change cloths between lunch and departure.

I get the feeling Steve drives late into the night, so that is probably why he naps. They seem to cover 700+ miles in one day, and if they didn't leave until 2 pm today, that would put them driving late at night.

The "children" also mention napping in Uriah while Steve is driving, so the napping thing doesn't bother me too much. It actually pleases me they do something normal people do.

I can't say I'm pleased because I don't think it's possible for a Maxwell to 'please' me in any sense of the word, no matter what they do. That being said, I am glad to know he's not leaving it to god to keep him awake for long drives in the dead of night, or any other time. Knowing he needs sleep and getting it, rather than 'taking it to the lord' as he does for everything else, means that he hasn't become god just yet and still has to deal with human flaws, and knows it.

Guest Anonymous
I think that the clothing change is because when traveling the Maxwells (all of them) are required to match.

Christopher and Anna aren't travelling though. I think they just like being matchy matchy - that's the outfit where Anna bought 2 mens shirts and cut one up to make the collar and cuffs on her frock.

As in every other picture, Christopher and Anna have a death grip on each other, even though Christopher's arm looks awkward. It doesn't come off as natural.

I think that everyone in those group pictures look awkward. Straight-backed, plastered-on smiles that don't break until the photographer gets the shot right, and typical boring fundy captions (like "Mary," "Rain" or "Picture of the girls"). They remind me of those odd camera shots on "19 Kids" where four or five people stand there grinning like buffoons as the camera stays on them for five seconds. Five seconds is a LONG time on video/film. Try counting some time without doing anything. It's really awkward.

As for the vignette-ing, I found a photo where it's done so poorly - titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DSC_7490And9more-joseph.jpg.

Well Teri did make Rice Krispie treats,so that IS party time for them.

I'm sure they had to be careful eating them--can't seem to enjoy them or anything.

It's the same thing as when Wiccans cast a circle of protection around themselves or an activity. Or Harry Potter dons his cloak of invisiblity.

It's the same thing as when Wiccans cast a circle of protection around themselves or an activity. Or Harry Potter dons his cloak of invisiblity.

Now Molly you know it's not the same thing. The Maxwell's God is the one true God.

Now take your blasphemous behind to the prayer closet.

Archived