IGNORED

Maxwell party was a working party!

skankbiscuit

AND IT WAS A....work party :( For reals. :evil: They got together with the "C Family" to put together their books and shit before the trip.

We all knew it was WAY to good to be true...and it doesn't look like any courtships or ultimate turtle cheesecake were involved.

I hate you Steve.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH! I have no idea why I'm surprised as well as disappointed, but I am.

And the exciting rice crispy news? :roll:

I also noticed that party was in quotation marks in this post ("party"). Sadface.

Weirdly enough, as abhorrent as their beliefs are, I don't feel the anger about this family that I do about others. I just feel sad for most of them. Steve, however, is a royal tool. The smarminess and condescension is painfully clear in his writing.

Yeah, them sitting around in the basement surrounded by boxes and crap was made all-better by some fucking rice crispy treats :icon-rolleyes: Hope no one let on if they liked them, Steve will make them box shit with no treats next time.

Hope the neighbors didn't have to call the cops on them for disturbing the peace, sounds like the party to end all parties.

Maybe we should temporally change the name of this site to Free Sarah, that girl needs to get out and soon, at least Jinger gets to have TLC-provided fun.

I love how they schedule Steve's naps. Does anyone else get naps?

I think naps might be becoming an idol...

What is it with the Maxwell's and super overdoing the the vignetting on the pictures? It makes me crazy that they have really amazing camera equipment and instead of learning how to use it correctly, they choose to go crazy with the photoshop/lightroom adjustments. Maxwells- STOP with the vignettes!

What is it with the Maxwell's and super overdoing the the vignetting on the pictures? It makes me crazy that they have really amazing camera equipment and instead of learning how to use it correctly, they choose to go crazy with the photoshop/lightroom adjustments. Maxwells- STOP with the vignettes!

I'm completely ignorant of all things photography - what is a vignette? I should look it up...

I did notice just how much they're into the weird tilting and odd things in focus over on the wedding pictures thread. Having that stuff pointed out really made it obvious.

Steve gets the family up before 5:00, if I remember correctly but he is the one who gets to nap. I also noticed that he naps on the road, too.

Steve gets the family up before 5:00, if I remember correctly but he is the one who gets to nap. I also noticed that he naps on the road, too.

god does need his naps he works so hard.

I'm completely ignorant of all things photography - what is a vignette? I should look it up...

Vignetting is the slight black border along the edges of the photos (particularly noticeable in the corners of the Maxwell photos).

I did notice just how much they're into the weird tilting and odd things in focus over on the wedding pictures thread. Having that stuff pointed out really made it obvious.

Vignetting is where it looks like a black halo is surrounding the circumference of the picture. It starts of very dark at the edges and gradually lightens up as it approaches the center. If it's something that doesn't occur naturally when you take the actual photo, it can look very fake if done in post production unless it is very subtle. And their vignettes are never subtle.

rice crispy treats are party food for sure. for 4 year olds. When you get excited by rice crispy treats you have issues that medication could fix.

There's nothing wrong with getting excited by rice crispy treats. However, there is something wrong when rice crispy treats are the highlight of your day or if they turn packing books into boxes into your definition of a party.

There's nothing wrong with getting excited by rice crispy treats. However, there is something wrong when rice crispy treats are the highlight of your day or if they turn packing books into boxes into your definition of a party.

well that kind of what I am getting at.

I think what everyone is getting at (if you will allow me) is that what most people think of as normal everyday occurances (like rice krispy treats and packing up boxes) gets treated as extraordinary events by the Maxwells - worthy of a blog post and several pictures. That is not normal - that's just weird. I would be excited if someone make me rice krispy treats because they are yummy - but I wouldn't take pictures and put it on FB or something.

I think what everyone is getting at (if you will allow me) is that what most people think of as normal everyday occurances (like rice krispy treats and packing up boxes) gets treated as extraordinary events by the Maxwells - worthy of a blog post and several pictures. That is not normal - that's just weird. I would be excited if someone make me rice krispy treats because they are yummy - but I wouldn't take pictures and put it on FB or something.

Yes, I realized that. But doggie said rice krispy treats were not worth getting excited about without elaborating. Which in and of itself I highly disagree with. Worth taking pictures of and blogging about, of course not, but that doesn't mean they're not exciting.

I really feel for the Maxwell children even Christopher and Nathan, they did not choose this way of life. They are forced to live a life without joy. A life when Rice Crispy Treats or two animal crackers are a big deal. A life in which a simple like (Pepsi) can be an idol. I hope that there is some way that a few can escape.

Someone should tell Steve that his naps are an idol.

Aha, I see the vignettes. Yeah, I didn't know a name for that before, but they sure do love it don't they?

As for Rice Krispie Treats I do love them, particularly because they are a pain in the ass to make (not so much time, but just... everything is sticky and stirring the mixture at the end is tiring) and I don't like the commercial ones. I have someone who sends me homemade ones every so often and it's a definitely happy thing to receive.

BUT, on the other hand, yeah, I have to admit my own work parties (either at work or the more common "all of my team meets at one person's house to privately party it up with beer and games all evening") get more exciting maybe.

Archived