IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Life with the Soccer Preacher Man

choralcrusader8613

Well...i guess I'll join in on the drift haha. My mom passed before I got my period, It was just me and my dad and older brother, I put the sticky side of the pad up. Because I thought the blood was supposed to stick to it...5 hours later it was stuck to my pubic hair , I hadn't found razors yet....i couldn't pull it off it hurt too much , So my dad had to get the scissors and cut around it. Fun times. We never talk about it. You would think years later it would be something to look back on and laugh about. Not a chance.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Well...i guess I'll join in on the drift haha. My mom passed before I got my period, It was just me and my dad and older brother, I put the sticky side of the pad up. Because I thought the blood was supposed to stick to it...5 hours later it was stuck to my pubic hair , I hadn't found razors yet....i couldn't pull it off it hurt too much , So my dad had to get the scissors and cut around it. Fun times. We never talk about it. You would think years later it would be something to look back on and laugh about. Not a chance.

Oh my gosh you poor thing.  That's about as rough of a day as you can get for a first period.  

25 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Have they been there at all since the wedding?

Not that we know of.  It's possible they spent Thanksgiving at the TTH and Christmas with the Vuolos to be equitable about it and ward off a Meechelle fit that they wouldn't be coming for any holiday at all.  A lot of new couples plan it out that way ... split the holidays.  Or they may have not gone there at all.  But they'll be dragged back if the show is renewed for another season or will have lost boys farmed out to them in Laredo.  Six months is up in April, egads.  Jinger is going to want to extend that.  By a lot.

Okay, so maybe they weren't there for Thanksgiving:  https://www.yahoo.com/news/jessa-jill-rest-duggars-thanksgiving-183323165.html

Easy to say they couldn't come -- we've just come back from Australia, needing to settle in, Jeremy's been away from the church for too long, can't manage a trip right now, etc.  Plus paying to fly to his parents for Christmas plus a trip to Arkansas for Thanksgiving can't be easy on a pastor's salary, although perhaps the parents might help with that.

I wonder when they filmed their TH's for the last episode.  It seemed like there were filmed after the wedding, so were they done the next day, before they left for the honeymoon, or did they get filmed in Laredo, or did they get filmed back in Arkansas where ever they usually film them. 

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Oh, I think he'd get a face full of Jeremy's Italian rage if he dared show up. From what I've seen, I think jeremy did what he had to do to get close to Jinger...but he doesn't think much of the boob. I also think that Jinger was looking forward to getting away from the zoo of the TTH

Just how Italian is Jeremy? Has it been mentioned?

24 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

Just how Italian is Jeremy? Has it been mentioned?

Not sure genetically, but emotionally he's talked about how important his Italian heritage is and that's why Jinger got an Italian cooking lesson from Grandma Vuolo and why they had pasta at the reception.  We don't know Mrs. Vuolo's heritage I guess ...

43 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I wonder when they filmed their TH's for the last episode.  It seemed like there were filmed after the wedding, so were they done the next day, before they left for the honeymoon, or did they get filmed in Laredo, or did they get filmed back in Arkansas where ever they usually film them. 

I wondered the same thing, because it was clear they were asking them for statements like "Now we're off to our honeymoon" that they could use as voiceovers, but clearly they didn't stop between the church and the hotel for an interview with TLC.  I think they had them say those phrases before the wedding and interspersed it on the wedding episode.  It stood out to me as impossible timing so that must have been what TLC did.  I also wondered how Jinger handled her wedding dress.  She didn't change before leaving church so did she leave it at the hotel for Jana to pick up when they flew off?

I wondered the same thing, because it was clear they were asking them for statements like "Now we're off to our honeymoon" that they could use as voiceovers, but clearly they didn't stop between the church and the hotel for an interview with TLC.  I think they had them those phrases before the wedding and interspersed it on the wedding episode.  It stood out to me as impossible timing so that must have been what TLC did.  I also wondered how Jinger handled her wedding dress.  She didn't change before leaving church so did she leave it at the hotel for Jana to pick up when they flew off?

Also, Grandma Vuolo mentioned not knowing the recipes she was passing on until she married an Italian man. The last name is Italian, but whatever ancestry the women are contributing is obscured.
Has Jeremy mentioned liking floral prints? Is that why Jinger is always in flowers now?

19 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Not sure genetically, but emotionally he's talked about how important his Italian heritage is and that's why Jinger got an Italian cooking lesson from Grandma Vuolo and why they had pasta at the reception.  We don't know Mrs. Vuolo's heritage I guess ...

I wondered the same thing, because it was clear they were asking them for statements like "Now we're off to our honeymoon" that they could use as voiceovers, but clearly they didn't stop between the church and the hotel for an interview with TLC.  I think they had them say those phrases before the wedding and interspersed it on the wedding episode.  It stood out to me as impossible timing so that must have been what TLC did.  I also wondered how Jinger handled her wedding dress.  She didn't change before leaving church so did she leave it at the hotel for Jana to pick up when they flew off?

with the other 2 weddings,  I think after the reception, they went back to the TTH and had a smaller gathering with closer friends and family.  I guess I just assumed that Jinger and Jeremy did the same thing.  I know they showed them driving off, but I just assumed they went to the TTH.  Did they say they were leaving for the honeymoon pretty much straight from the church

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

So I just checked out Jeremy's church website. I'm appalled that things are not posted in Spanish, and it doesn't even have a "switch to Spanish" button. Seems like they should be more accommodating seeing as how they are trying to "evangelize" people in a heavily catholic spanish-speaking area. 

I just checked it too and it's improved A TON in the last few months.  When Jeremy first came into the picture I checked it out and it was a crappy, unprofessional website.  Probably they got so many hits they had to upgrade.  Even though it doesn't offer a Spanish option it's way improved.  No doubt Spanish will come, especially since that's their target audience. 

Just now, calimojo said:

with the other 2 weddings,  I think after the reception, they went back to the TTH and had a smaller gathering with closer friends and family.  I guess I just assumed that Jinger and Jeremy did the same thing.  I know they showed them driving off, but I just assumed they went to the TTH.  Did they say they were leaving for the honeymoon pretty much straight from the church

Didn't pictures from that gathering show up on Instagram or something? I could have sworn there were some....or maybe I am confusing my weddings. Tl;dr, I am pretty sure you are right. 

But if Jeremy doesn't speak Spanish, he cannot minister to Spanish speaking people....or maybe it was said many are bilingual. I guess they must speak English to hear Jeremy's words of wisdom. 

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I've never heard of them either but now I really want a pair! Do they actually work? Do you guys have heavy flows? Do they absorb all over? Pads just never seem long enough for me. 

I really want to use a cup, and did for a while a few years ago but when I bought a new one now I just couldn't get it to sit comfortably. I usually use both a tampon and a pad. 

I don't remember how old I was when I got my period but I think around 12. I used to have horribly irregular periods, often several months apart. This was probably one of the reasons we had such a hard time getting pregnant. After Miniway I have been more regular then ever before. It kind of sucks. I was pretty happy that I only had to deal with that crap 4–5 times a year. 

Well, I love the THINX underwears, but no, they're not perfect. I found I unfortunately can't wear one pair by itself all day on heavy days(typically days 1-3) so I use the cup with it for when I'm out and about; well, every day is like that some, lol. Work, shopping, church, family things. I never leaked through, but when I see red on the bottom of the beige ones, well, goodbye peace of mind. Clots, usually I only see them when I wipe. I can wear them alone for just-in-case days, and day 4 on. And they are NOT bulky. They're hot in summer, though, I find. But our Canadian winters, well, they keep me warmer.

Back to Jeremy and Jinger. I watched the recenter wedding episode, and the pregnancy predictions are kinda annoying. Tyler was barely mentioned but he was; Jinger holding out an arm to a boy and saying "Tyler" and his back was to the camera. I don't see any solid proof of Anna being pregnant, and Jeremy's family, well, no interviews. But they probably were offered and refused. Has that girlie Kendra been talked about yet? Or the other one? At one point Austin was there, and 2 girlies; both a bit heavy-set, one straight blond hair.

Jinger's request for the family not to visit for 6 months reminds me of when i moved out from my parents' home after living there a year in grad school to save money. My 70 yo mother told me to call or ring the doorbell before i come in when i came over. !!!

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I've never heard of them either but now I really want a pair! Do they actually work? Do you guys have heavy flows? Do they absorb all over? Pads just never seem long enough for me. 

I really want to use a cup, and did for a while a few years ago but when I bought a new one now I just couldn't get it to sit comfortably. I usually use both a tampon and a pad. 

I don't remember how old I was when I got my period but I think around 12. I used to have horribly irregular periods, often several months apart. This was probably one of the reasons we had such a hard time getting pregnant. After Miniway I have been more regular then ever before. It kind of sucks. I was pretty happy that I only had to deal with that crap 4–5 times a year. 

If anyone wants to know about any kind of period product this Vlog is really good. She reviews reusable pads, menstrual cups the Thinks panties, she uses one each month and gives her opinion on them. She is brutally honesty, be warned. 

Spoiler

The Duggars all look so glum in that thanksgiving photo. Lol at Josh sitting alone on the floor and not by Anna. 

Not to go OT but are there any discussions about Anna? I'm wondering (hoping!!) about that rumor that she was going ahead with a divorce and lawsuit. I'm sure it won't happen but it sure would be nice. Hell I would take her and the kids in to help them out. I really want her to get away from Josh.

5 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Not to go OT but are there any discussions about Anna? I'm wondering (hoping!!) about that rumor that she was going ahead with a divorce and lawsuit. I'm sure it won't happen but it sure would be nice. Hell I would take her and the kids in to help them out. I really want her to get away from Josh.

Here's the current Anna & M-Kids thread:

Josh and Anna made a statement to Fox News that they were not getting divorced, so right now that's not on the table, as far as we know.

ETA: Whoops! Saw that you got tagged already :P

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

But if Jeremy doesn't speak Spanish, he cannot minister to Spanish speaking people....or maybe it was said many are bilingual. I guess they must speak English to hear Jeremy's words of wisdom. 

Right, if the church services are all in English and the pastor only speaks English it might be a little deceptive to offer the church website in Spanish as well. 

10 hours ago, calimojo said:

Remember they said they were waiting a few days before leaving for the honeymoon.  There was speculation it was to vote, I'm sure this was filmed in those few days. Also they had an actual reception, sort of but they had hor d'oeuvres cake and speeches at another location, from their I'm sure thy got a hotel and did honeymoon things. but they didn't leave for Australia for several days after the wedding. 

Ho, @TeddyBonkers, 17 was normal for you.  I think a couple of my daughters started late when they were 15 or 16.  According to something I've read before, late menarche usually means early menopause.

I was nearly 16. I don't remember much about it, so it wasn't funny, or memorable lol. However the bold part makes me happy!

I'm jealous of the posters who got their monthly in their later teens. As I said in a post above I got mine at 11. In my area elementary school goes to 6th grade so I was still in elementary school when it happened. 

I originally thought this when Jessa and the gang went to decorate their apartment. Since there were several of them, and they showed them all coming back to the apartment the next morning, I assume they all got hotel rooms. 

But with just Jinger and Jed, do you think they were allowed to sleep in Jeremy's apartment? Split up guest room or couch? That would make the most sense, considering how late it was that they got there and unpacked. But would the Duggars allow that, even with an accountability partner?

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

.but he doesn't think much of the boob.

I am adding nothing to the discussion here, but this phrasing made me laugh so hard it hurt.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived