IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Life with the Soccer Preacher Man

choralcrusader8613

Well,, one thing's for damn sure. If JB and M and the fam go to visit, there's not going to be a bed for them in that tiny apartment. They'll have to spring for a hotel or stay in the bus...

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Then I learned about THINX underwears last year, as well as the Diva Cup(my sister learned about the Keeper in the late 90s, but that was before YouTube came around to help my squeamishness), and I've never looked back. The only question is, where to donate my leftover pads and tampons. Homeless shelters and soup kitchens don't want already-opened packs. I'm now in my mid-40s, and glad I can be prepared. Closer to menopause, is it like the reverse of puberty?

Am I allowed to post links about reuseables as such, or are the names enough?

7 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I think the stores tell them to do that. They don't really give a shit so they just say something. Our local grocery store does it everytime you shop there. I'm like holy STFU. 

I started my period at 9. It has been awful. Most of my life I've used pads which I hate but I can always feel tampons inside so I only use them to swim. I now exclusively use Thinx period panties. Expensive but worth every penny.

6 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I had never heard of Thinx panties. I'm having such a hard time believing they could really work, plus be comfortable and all. I'm shook. Maybe my daughter needs some but they sure are expensive.

I've never heard of them either but now I really want a pair! Do they actually work? Do you guys have heavy flows? Do they absorb all over? Pads just never seem long enough for me. 

I really want to use a cup, and did for a while a few years ago but when I bought a new one now I just couldn't get it to sit comfortably. I usually use both a tampon and a pad. 

I don't remember how old I was when I got my period but I think around 12. I used to have horribly irregular periods, often several months apart. This was probably one of the reasons we had such a hard time getting pregnant. After Miniway I have been more regular then ever before. It kind of sucks. I was pretty happy that I only had to deal with that crap 4–5 times a year. 

Please, dear God,  can a mod move the never ending period talk, tampons vs. pads etc to its own page?  Obviously it is a topic that many want to talk about, so give it its own thread and get it out of here. 

42 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Well,, one thing's for damn sure. If JB and M and the fam go to visit, there's not going to be a bed for them in that tiny apartment. They'll have to spring for a hotel or stay in the bus...

Probably why Jeremy insisted they stay there . . . .

Though this begs the question - if they're not welcoming visitors for six months why did Jessa and Jinger force him to give up his office and make it a guest room?

6 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Please, dear God,  can a mod move the never ending period talk, tampons vs. pads etc to its own page?  Obviously it is a topic that many want to talk about, so give it its own thread and get it out of here. 

FJ has and will continue to have a long history of thread drift, and this thread is no exception.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, Jiraffe said:
2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Oh, I think he'd get a face full of Jeremy's Italian rage if he dared show up. From what I've seen, I think jeremy did what he had to do to get close to Jinger...but he doesn't think much of the boob. I also think that Jinger was looking forward to getting away from the zoo of the TTH

I totally agree.  I really, really think Jeremy is taking Jinger up and out to a degree we haven't seen before.  I don't mean she's going to get a bachelor's degree in economics, but there is already a sense of them living their own lives and having their own sense of things.  I live and move in Christian circles and when people I know praise meekness (which they do a lot because Jesus called for it in the Sermon on the Mount) it means "in awe of God, not haughty" it doesn't mean being a doormat to other people.  I do think this is what Jeremy means when he speaks of Jinger that way.  I think she will have a much more standard "conservative Christian" lifestyle, and not such a fundie one.  I really think he didn't spend a whole lot of time at the TTH and he met Jinger through Ben, not JB.  Derick went to JB first and had him pray for him about his mission in Nepal, and then JB said, "My daughter Jill is interested in these same ideas" etc.  Maybe Derick's whole goal in talking to JB was to snag a Duggar girl, but since he came through JB he was subject to it the whole time. Jeremy just dipped his toe in, took out Jinger, and I doubt he cares one jot about the weirdness of that family.

1 minute ago, trustworthy said:

I live and move in Christian circles and when people I know praise meekness (which they do a lot because Jesus called for it in the Sermon on the Mount) it means "in awe of God, not haughty"

Yes! Being "meek" is understanding that God is the one we should be in awe of, to "fear" but not to show that same to any person. 

Jeremy got "hooked up" with Jinger through Ben not JB. I doubt seriously he would put up with JB's crap. In the few clips I saw, it looked like Jeremy barely tolerated JB...and only because he wanted to be able to "get permission" to court and marry Jinger. 

23 hours ago, Jiraffe said:
17 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Probably why Jeremy insisted they stay there . . . .

Though this begs the question - if they're not welcoming visitors for six months why did Jessa and Jinger force him to give up his office and make it a guest room?

Because they wanted a guest bedroom anyway, but I seriously think Jinger wanted space from her family period.  That girl was itching to go.  I think Jeremy awakened enough in her of "life can be different and not so oppressive" to make her want AT LEAST six months before the busload arrives.  All it took was six weeks of college for me to realize life and people were really different from my weird family.  When my parents arrived in October for parents weekend I could barely function with them.  All I wanted to do was get away.  That's all it took for me to start to glimpse that there was a different way of doing life and that I simply couldn't go back to the dysfunction I'd just left.  DId you see how fast Jinger and Jeremy were footin' it to their car at the end of the wedding episode?  It wasn't because they were desperate to have their paws all over each other -- it was Jinger truly wanting to get away from that mass of people and move forward in who she is.  It seemed palpable to me as I watched ...

Thread drift is fine but why not put this on a thread about women's health thread.  It seems to have garnered a lot of interest.  Maybe it needs its own home.

2 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Thread drift is fine but why not put this on a thread about women's health thread.  It seems to have garnered a lot of interest.  Maybe it needs its own home.

Not going to happen. As was mentioned before, thread drift is a part of FJ. If someone wants to start a thread about it, great, but we aren't going to move thread drift. If you don't like it, you are welcome to post about the actual topic to bring it back to Jinger and Jeremy. 

I have seen thread drifts get moved before.      I have been part of this community a long time.  I know there is thread drift and I have also seen admins and mods move things that were topics elsewhere to those locations.  But fine,  obviously I am in the minority on this one.  

Anyway,  Back to the topic at hand,  Did Jinger say 6 months, or a couple of months?  I thought it was just a couple of months but I may have misheard. 

I want Jinger, or any of those kids, to have privacy, especially since it was taken from them so long ago, but I do think it would be interesting to have a real honest look at what moving away is like for them.  Even if Jinger was eager to leave, which I think she was,  It still has to be a very odd experience to go from the loud and often chaotic TTH to her own home.  What does she do all day?  Is she staying home or does she go to the church and have  some work to do there?  Is Jeremy out there trying to increase his church membership by attending lots of local functions, etc? 

I think many of us would be terribly bored in a small apartment hours a day alone.  So I hope she has some sort of outlet for meeting people and even finding some 'girlfriends' that she can get to know. 

23 hours ago, Jiraffe said:
16 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I have seen thread drifts get moved before.      I have been part of this community a long time.  I know there is thread drift and I have also seen admins and mods move things that were topics elsewhere to those locations.  But fine,  obviously I am in the minority on this one.  

Anyway,  Back to the topic at hand,  Did Jinger say 6 months, or a couple of months?  I thought it was just a couple of months but I may have misheard. 

I want Jinger, or any of those kids, to have privacy, especially since it was taken from them so long ago, but I do think it would be interesting to have a real honest look at what moving away is like for them.  Even if Jinger was eager to leave, which I think she was,  It still has to be a very odd experience to go from the loud and often chaotic TTH to her own home.  What does she do all day?  Is she staying home or does she go to the church and have  some work to do there?  Is Jeremy out there trying to increase his church membership by attending lots of local functions, etc? 

I think many of us would be terribly bored in a small apartment hours a day alone.  So I hope she has some sort of outlet for meeting people and even finding some 'girlfriends' that she can get to know. 

I know what you mean.  I wish they were at the big San Antonio church where she could meet more young couples, etc. and diverse people with a broader range of Christian views.  I think she'd go batty at home all day, but not as batty as Jill because Jinger isn't nearly as needy.  No doubt she'll be super involved in church, run the women's ministry, take over the nursery, etc.  As a pastor's wife she'll have a lot more to do then Jill did.  But I wish and hope she's encouraged to do her own thing -- take some college classes, get a part-time job, start her own business, etc.  I'm sure they're using BC -- everything seems to be pointing to it -- and if they've decided to wait three years or so before children she could flourish in some kind of job.  Of course, there may be speaking engagements at Christian conferences and in connection with "Growing Up Duggar" -- it seems that Jessa is in demand so now Jinger may be as a young married. Those pay well and it can give Jinger a sense of contributing value and income to her new home ... and speaking for herself, not just as one of a bunch of sisters.

Is Jessa still in demand?  I know right after marriage she did those shows, but I haven't seen much about her making her own appearances since then. 

7 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

That sounds uncomfortable, probably because I always used the applicator type. I tried a no applicator brand a few times (for convenience- they fit right into my back pocket). They felt dry and rough on insertion.

Nope.

I am pretty  sure you can still get them here, i know they were around back in my day (haha its official, im old!) but oh my god, no. Worst.Invention.Ever.

Oops sorry meant to quote the lass you responded to!

So I just checked out Jeremy's church website. I'm appalled that things are not posted in Spanish, and it doesn't even have a "switch to Spanish" button. Seems like they should be more accommodating seeing as how they are trying to "evangelize" people in a heavily catholic spanish-speaking area. 

6 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Is Jessa still in demand?  I know right after marriage she did those shows, but I haven't seen much about her making her own appearances since then. 

I guess there's no real way to know.  It's been a year and a half since the Southern Women's Show, so either she's doing smaller more private events and not telling us (why invite criticism?) or she's turned offers down because of the second pregnancy or she's not being asked.  I think I kind of assume she's in demand because they have a pretty large loyal fan base and there are so many homeschooling/being married/Christian women type events and conferences, it seems likely Jessa would still be asked.  But maybe not.  I do think with Jeremy as a pastor Jinger will have speaking/panel opportunities though.  Women's ministry weekends, conferences, etc. are huge and they love young people to speak/lead these things.  She may not want them, or may seem them as a mission opportunity, or as an income help to her and Jeremy.  Only time will tell.

4 hours ago, calimojo said:

sorry but I hate the this thread drift. 

Why? 

My mother was hopeless as a mother. We were born because 'that's what you do, get married have babies'. She certainly didn't want us. 

My sister and I had to suss  the whole period thing out ourselves in the 70s. She didn't give a damn.

Im finding it interesting how folk of different ages and from different countries managed.

@Gobsmacked  I am just not a huge fan of thread drifts that go on and on for pages.  I tend to feel, though clearly this isn't the board culture and many disagree with me,  that if a thread drift has gotten to the point of being 10 pages long, maybe it is of interest to enough people to warrant its own thread.   When there is a huge thread drift, posts that are relevant to the actual topic of the thread end up getting buried. 

But as I said in my post to the admin,  I am aware that I am in the minority about this.  

1 hour ago, trustworthy said:

Because they wanted a guest bedroom anyway, but I seriously think Jinger wanted space from her family period.  That girl was itching to go.  I think Jeremy awakened enough in her of "life can be different and not so oppressive" to make her want AT LEAST six months before the busload arrives.  All it took was six weeks of college for me to realize life and people were really different from my weird family.  When my parents arrived in October for parents weekend I could barely function with them.  All I wanted to do was get away.  That's all it took for me to start to glimpse that there was a different way of doing life and that I simply couldn't go back to the dysfunction I'd just left.  DId you see how fast Jinger and Jeremy were footin' it to their car at the end of the wedding episode?  It wasn't because they were desperate to have their paws all over each other -- it was Jinger truly wanting to get away from that mass of people and move forward in who she is.  It seemed palpable to me as I watched ...

I felt this way too. She just seemed SO ready to get on with her new life, and I literally felt her starting to pull away from her family as the preparations moved on. I think she saw pretty quickly that there was more to life than what she knew at the TTH, and could not wait to start over with Jeremy. Not saying by any means that they're breaking away from fundy-ism, but just that she seemed to really come into her own and truly connect with Jeremy and his family, and want to get far, far away from the chaos she grew up with and never look back. 

I moved out when I was 17, moved in with a friend's family, and it struck me within about a month that people didn't all have to live the way I grew up. And it was in the simplest things, like cooking or cleaning or even running errands. When you're in a dysfunctional situation and you suddenly find yourself out of it, it's freaking NICE and you want more of that! 

If anyone has any further commentary to make about thread drift, take it to Community Discussion. 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Passive-aggression? We all know Jessa has that in spades, and Jinger may have been going along with it. It'll be hilarious if it gets converted into a "library" at some point in the next few months. 

Tbh, I suspect that whole "you can't visit here for six months" thing is a pretty big deal in the fundie world (is this the new pants???), where it seems pretty commonplace for younger siblings to hang out with their married siblings for weeks/months on end. I used to think it was because the younger sibling may have wanted a break from the chaos of the original family or the older sibling wanted company, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's not (yet another) means of fundie parents controlling their adult children-- sending one or more younger sibling(s) as informant(s) to make sure Big Brother or Big Sister is staying in the fold re: IBLP-approved marital conduct. If so, that's a pretty big boundary JinJer set. Especially since it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) like they haven't been to the TTH in a long time. Have they been there at all since the wedding?

1 hour ago, trustworthy said:

Even as she was leaving the church you could hear Jeremy telling her to slow down Jinge!

12 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Have they been there at all since the wedding?

I don't think they have. They spent Christmas with the Vuolos. 

I'm glad they don't have social media, but at the same time, I want to know what they've been up to!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived