IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Life with the Soccer Preacher Man

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, sillysally314 said:

you'll laugh when i tell you that one of our Sunday school programs is actually Harry & UU (a Harry Potter-themed Social Action curriculum where the kids learn about different Horcruxes - child slavery, sickness, animal cruelty, childhood hunger, etc - and do projects to raise money or awareness for that cause.)

for ex, they learned about attacks against POC, LGBTQIA, Muslim, and immigrant youth in schools after the election using info from the SPLC. they sold bean soup mix around the holidays and raised over $600 for the ACLU.

have i told you how much i love my job?!

That's freaking amazing and you should be proud for having such an incredible job. I'm proud of you! I would be all over this for BabyofMela if we had one.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sillysally314What fascinates me here is that UU is more Christian than the Christians, in following the teachings of Christ - feed the hungry, etc.

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

So question for people who have followed more closely - does Jeremy's family live in Laredo?  Or where are they?

Pennsylvania...I want to say Montgomery county, but I'm not sure. 

On 2/27/2017 at 1:50 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Mr. Butt just performed his first same sex wedding this weekend. Neither guy "appears" gay. They are just a couple of guys who found someone to love. It was one of the most touching weddings I have ever been too. Brought Mr. Butt, the "unemotional" one, to tears. Made me giggle to see Mr. Butt struggling to maintain his composure during the ceremony.

My husband officiated a wedding recently between 2 good friends of ours (a gay male couple).  We have known them well for 12+ years and this was literally the first time I had ever seen them kiss.  Some people (both hetero- or homo-) just are private with their sexuality and intimacies.

I don't know if anyone has already mentionned it but I just love how Jinger and Jeremy don't seem to fit the stereotypical gender roles, at least superficially it seems like it. Jinger has a pretty visible swag going on when she is walking, one hand in a pocket and then shaking the hand of the boomerang man in the last episode, e.g. For me this ia sign of her feeling totally comfortable with Jeremy and she is showing her old self with him :-). Jeremy on the other hand does seem a little more put together and liking "pretty" things. And no, I'm not saying they are gay, I mean just look at the chemistry between them!

I admit I was very sceptical at first because of the difference in age and the even bigger difference in life experience, but it turns out that from what we cuold see on the show, I'm falling in love with these two.

Swag on, Jinger!

ps.: I'm really not sure about the use of the word swagger, here. Did I use the right form or is it swagger instead of swag? Sorry, if this ia some kind of racial slur, I'm really not sure about this word, can anyone help?

On 26. Februar 2017 at 4:47 AM, amandaaries said:

[...]
Has Jeremy mentioned liking floral prints? Is that why Jinger is always in flowers now?

Maybe. I was thinking she might not have to care about Gothardian eyetraps anymore the way she had to in the TTH

If she really manages to keep her family away from Laredo for months and not visiting them in Arkansas either and if they intentionally delay getting pregnant for quite a while and if she now does have more authority over picking her own wardrobe (bare knees!), dare I ask: Has Jinger indeed be freed in a way?

I'm literally going to vomit if I have to read anymore effusive googly-eyed praise of Jeremy and Jinger. Jeremy is a fundie, my friends! He believes in praying away the gay! Remember that little tidbit? He's a Calvinist who believes you, yes YOU, are a depraved and hopeless sinner who is going to justifiably burn in eternal agony in Hell. He's an educated, worldly man with a "sinful" past who chose to marry a freaking Duggar, a girl younger and far less experienced than himself. He was clearly attracted to her innocence and naivete. He passed Jim Bob's tests. Remember that 50-page questionnaire? 

I hope he and Jinger are happy together. I really do. I hope he treats her with love and respect all the days of their lives. But I would not trust this guy as far as I could throw him. Just read his church website, listen to some of his talks/sermons, and then come on here and see people falling all over themselves to pat him on the back. Why, because he's attractive? Well-spoken? He makes a few jokes and seems less uptight than the Duggars? He says you can have a glass of wine while you spread your message of hate and fear? The dude is a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

He is exactly like Ben used to be except Ben Hides it better now.  Jeremy is the same as Ben was or is when he first joined the Duggars = at least he hid it on tv and only displayed it on the internet.  No one can forget his facebook rant. 

These people are all in a cult..some hide it better and some just think they hide it better. 

I never liked Jeremy and I never liked Jinger - so these two fit together because of what they believe and hide. 

This really should be obvious, but you can't tell whether a person is gay based on their mannerisms, voice, appearance, style, interests, hobbies, or personality. 

Very true, however, I have exceedingly good "gaydar", and I am sure others here do as well. It's now a joke with one of my coworkers at my retail job that I knew she was gay before she did...

(The story for the record, she moved here from New York via BC to get an education degree, and we have two open lesbians on staff. In September of 2015, I told one of the other people we work with that I wasn't sure, but I thought she was gay too - not judgemental, just observational. She tells me this fall that she didn't realize she was gay until December of 2015 and didn't come out until May of 2016. She still jokes that I knew she was gay first.)

ETA - When I use the word "gaydar" I mean that I seem to pick up signals that people are sending off or not sending off as the case may be. I also picked up that one of our managers was gay before he came out at work. It's not something I actively do, it really is just an instinct, and the people I know, both gay, straight and fluid, all think it's hilarious how accurate I am. That said, I also need to know the person or have observed them a lot for me to get any true feeling about someone.

Given the types of guys JB has allowed to court and marry his daughters thus far, Jeremy would not pass the test if he were not sufficiently fundie.    Hell, I had some hopes for Derick because of his "more worldly background" but he's shown to have thoroughly chugged the koolaid so I am not holding out hope that Jeremy will be that much different in terms of his beliefs.

I hope he and Jinger are happy and perhaps they may want more privacy in their lives versus the other married Duggar siblings (which would be a good thing IMHO) but make no mistake, Jeremy.is.a.fundie.  

50 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm literally going to vomit if I have to read anymore effusive googly-eyed praise of Jeremy and Jinger. Jeremy is a fundie, my friends! He believes in praying away the gay! Remember that little tidbit? He's a Calvinist who believes you, yes YOU, are a depraved and hopeless sinner who is going to justifiably burn in eternal agony in Hell. He's an educated, worldly man with a "sinful" past who chose to marry a freaking Duggar, a girl younger and far less experienced than himself. He was clearly attracted to her innocence and naivete. He passed Jim Bob's tests. Remember that 50-page questionnaire? 

I hope he and Jinger are happy together. I really do. I hope he treats her with love and respect all the days of their lives. But I would not trust this guy as far as I could throw him. Just read his church website, listen to some of his talks/sermons, and then come on here and see people falling all over themselves to pat him on the back. Why, because he's attractive? Well-spoken? He makes a few jokes and seems less uptight than the Duggars? He says you can have a glass of wine while you spread your message of hate and fear? The dude is a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

Not sure whether this was even directed at me but I'll answer anyway. Yes, Jeremy is a fundy with hateful and / or dangerous views on many issues. I'm not a fan either but for Jinger, being with him and away from her family might still mean more personal freedom for her and for her that's a good thing.

About that 50-page questionnaire: Many of us would have passed that by now. It is just questions on paper. If you know the duggar lifestyle, it can't be that hard. Don't know if there is a similar saying in English but in German we say "Papier ist geduldig" which literally means "paper is patient"...

5 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Swag on, Jinger!

ps.: I'm really not sure about the use of the word swagger, here. Did I use the right form or is it swagger instead of swag? Sorry, if this ia some kind of racial slur, I'm really not sure about this word, can anyone help?

It's swagger.  Swag is free stuff you get sometimes, like in a swag bag. As far as I know they're unrelated. :) 

Well, now I was curious and googled it, and apparently you can use 'swag' in a very slang-y way as a noun meaning a certain kind of confidence, or at least Jay-Z can use it like that. (I had never heard it before.) But the verb is swagger (although it can also be a noun for that type of walking). 

For a detailed guide to the use of 'swag': https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/what-does-swag-mean

Okay. Keep on believing that Jeremy's different, and that he lied his way through Jim Bob's questionnaire (which makes him at best deceitful and at worst a sociopath, by the way) so he could "rescue" Jinger and introduce her to the wonders of sleeveless tops and jokes about aphrodisiacs (because Jim Bob never made sex jokes, right?). It was exactly the same with Derick, literally nothing will convince people until they see over and over again that, yes, this man is still a fundie, and there is a reason he sought out and was allowed to marry a Duggar daughter. 

More personal freedom? What personal freedom? She gets to have sex now. Cool. Her husband is now her chaperone instead of her parents and siblings. Okay? What else? She can wear slightly more revealing clothing? Maybe? She gets to take her orders from a guy who is younger and hotter than Jim Bob? Get back to me when there's something more significant than cute clothes and a cute husband to point to.

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay. Keep on believing that Jeremy's different, and that he lied his way through Jim Bob's questionnaire (which makes him at best deceitful and at worst a sociopath, by the way) so he could "rescue" Jinger and introduce her to the wonders of sleeveless tops and jokes about aphrodisiacs (because Jim Bob never made sex jokes, right?). It was exactly the same with Derick, literally nothing will convince people until they see over and over again that, yes, this man is still a fundie, and there is a reason he sought out and was allowed to marry a Duggar daughter. 

More personal freedom? What personal freedom? She gets to have sex now. Cool. Her husband is now her chaperone instead of her parents and siblings. Okay? What else? She can wear slightly more revealing clothing? Maybe? She gets to take her orders from a guy who is younger and hotter than Jim Bob? Get back to me when there's something more significant than cute clothes and a cute husband to point to.

You are right in all what you are saying but Jinger does seem less tense and happier while courting Jeremy and now that they married. At least on cameria it seems like it. And that is all that counts. Her being happy and relaxed, no matter the circumstances. Yes, they are still a fundie couple and she is under his headship. But as long as it works for her and makes her happy... She doesn't know any different. I don't think anyone here believes that Jinger will escape, she most certainly won't. But people are surprised to see her that happy and relaxed and are happy for her.

So either she is a superb actress and plays happy in front of the camera, or she actually is happily married. And right now I  think it's the latter.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Not sure if that was meant to be as condescending or angry as it came out...

Anyway, I did mention something more significant: Birth control. If (I bolded it last time, will bold it again) they use birth control or at least NFP that is a huge step. Not being a baby factory is a big personal freedom. I know, we will have to wait and see with that. They might announce a pregnancy tomorrow. That's why I bolded all those "if"s, you know? 

7 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

You are right in all what you are saying but Jinger does seem less tense and happier while courting Jeremy and now that they married. At least on cameria it seems like it. And that is all that counts. Her being happy and relaxed, no matter the circumstances. Yes, they are still a fundie couple and she is under his headship. But as long as it works for her and makes her happy... She doesn't know any different. I don't think anyone here believes that Jinger will escape, she most certainly won't. But people are surprised to see her that happy and relaxed and are happy for her.

So either she is a superb actress and plays happy in front of the camera, or she actually is happily married. And right now I  think it's the latter.

That's not all that counts, actually. I'm thrilled if Jinger is relaxed and happy, but she is still a fundamentalist. She and her husband are still part of an insidious religious and political system which aims to destroy individual rights, women's rights, and American democracy. Their aim is to turn the United States into a fundamentalist Christian theocracy. If she's relaxed and happy as she seeks to erode the human rights of everyone who isn't a straight, white, heterosexual conservative Christian male, I don't really see that as a win. 

1 minute ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Anyway, I did mention something more significant: Birth control. If (I bolded it last time, will bold it again) they use birth control or at least NFP that is a huge step. Not being a baby factory is a big personal freedom. I know, we will have to wait and see with that. They might announce a pregnancy tomorrow. That's why I bolded all those "if"s, you know? 

Well, we can fantasize about all sorts of things - if they're using birth control, if Jinger goes to college, if Jeremy decides, "Fuck it, you know what, I'm actually a liberal Christian now and I'm going to go fight for gay rights" - that would all be great. And there's exactly zero evidence that any of it is happening or is going to happen.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Well, we can fantasize about all sorts of things - if they're using birth control, if Jinger goes to college, if Jeremy decides, "Fuck it, you know what, I'm actually a liberal Christian now and I'm going to go fight for gay rights" - that would all be great. And there's exactly zero evidence that any of it is happening or is going to happen.

Didn't know FJ is a news page now where we can only talk about stuff citing reliable sources. Last time I checked people were guessing baby names and birth weight out of nowhere.

Her being happy can be of importance btw as people who are not frustrated with their own lives tend to be less hateful towards others, statistically that is. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

That's not all that counts, actually. I'm thrilled if Jinger is relaxed and happy, but she is still a fundamentalist. She and her husband are still part of an insidious religious and political system which aims to destroy individual rights, women's rights, and American democracy. Their aim is to turn the United States into a fundamentalist Christian theocracy. If she's relaxed and happy as she seeks to erode the human rights of everyone who isn't a straight, white, heterosexual conservative Christian male, I don't really see that as a win.

There are two levels of concern, here. The cult and its political goals in general and the people that are behind the cult, individuals who are very restricted and brainwashed, even more so if they are female. And I share your concern for the political aims of this cult and its leaders as well as its "subleaders" like Gil Bates, JB, Dr. Paine... . Jinger, as a young , shy female in the cult has done the best of her very narrow corridor of decision making and managed to come out happy. She has made the best of her restricted situation. Of course she will do more damage to the right of minorities by telling gay people the "lifestyle" is a sin, which will be on a very low level of influence if you look at the cult in general.

Yeah, there's a limit to how loud I can cheer for Jinger's shoulders when I know she's gotta be at Grace Pregnancy Center telling girls that they're murderers for planning their families. And joining Jeremy in praying that some gay kid in their congregation will turn away from sin. Like, hip hip hooray, congrats on getting laid, but people's lives and safety matter more than Jinger's "relaxation".

I agree with both @singsingsing and @eveandadam, if that's possible. 

It's absolutely true that these people remain fundamentalists who are actively trying to take away our rights, and as a queer American woman of color, I feel that in a very personal way.  We should never lose sight of the dangers of fundamentalism and that is something that seems to happen sometimes here.  Not that I think every post has to be prefaced with "Oh yeah, their beliefs are still terrible" (really it's not even their beliefs as much as their attempts to impose them, forcibly, on others -- if they just quietly thought we were all going to hell but didn't vote, didn't try to convert others, didn't harm their own children, I would be WAY more okay with that), but anytime something causes a spout of gushing it can sometimes seem like that has excused or erased all the horribleness that brought us here in the first place. 

But it's because of all the harm JB and DQ have done to their children (and which is absolutely rooted in their fundiness) that it's impossible for us not to care about the children. To be deeply relieved that at least some of them seem to have come out of an emotionally and spiritually abusive upbringing -- where they were denied a childhood, privacy, dignity, and any sense of self-worth -- with at least some ability to enjoy their lives. I know that we only see what is shown on the show and social media, and so it might not all be as it seems. But I've been following the Duggars for 8 years, and so of course I'm investing in wanting the best for the girls.  I think it's natural to want to celebrate anything that seems like an improvement for the child-victims of the cult, at least until we have evidence that they, personally, are perpetuating the cycle of hate and abuse. And since they keep the girls children until marriage, Jinger falls in that category. We'll see what happens from here, but I don't think it's wrong to like that she looks happy. 

5 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Maybe. I was thinking she might not have to care about Gothardian eyetraps anymore the way she had to in the TTH

If she really manages to keep her family away from Laredo for months and not visiting them in Arkansas either and if they intentionally delay getting pregnant for quite a while and if she now does have more authority over picking her own wardrobe (bare knees!), dare I ask: Has Jinger indeed be freed in a way?

And if Aunt K. had balls, she'd be Uncle S.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And if Aunt K. had balls, she'd be Uncle S.

Well, two out of my tree seem to already be reality as far as we can tell and until they announce a pregnancy, number 3 is not impossible either. Just saying.

1 minute ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Well, two out of my tree seem to already be reality as far as we can tell and until they announce a pregnancy, number 3 is not impossible either. Just saying.

I hope that you are right!

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Didn't know FJ is a news page now where we can only talk about stuff citing reliable sources. Last time I checked people were guessing baby names and birth weight out of nowhere.

Her being happy can be of importance btw as people who are not frustrated with their own lives tend to be less hateful towards others, statistically that is. 

My friend, you can talk about absolutely anything you want. You can make a statement, I can disagree with it. Then you can disagree with me. Then someone else can come in and say, "Actually, you're both wrong." That's the beauty of a discussion forum!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived