IGNORED

Dillards 25 - It's A Boy!

choralcrusader8613

The DONATE BUTTON on their blog has been changed to Help our ministry.     hahahah  I went over there in the comments and gave them a blast of my mind. I knew they would not publish it......but clearly the uproar affected their button.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

May I ask how did you get prescribed to meds? I have massive anxiety & thinking of going to therapy, but not sure where to go. Is it true that only psychiatrists prescribe meds and not regular therapists? 

And yes I agree Jill seems sad. Jim Bob pushed her into that relationship so quickly. I wonder why. 

My experience is similar to @singsingsing, I am in Canada and my family doctor (general practitioner) prescribed me the meds. A few years ago a friend of mine went to a walk-in clinic to discuss her anxiety, and the doctor there prescribed her meds as well, so that's a possibility too.

My doctor is wonderful and actually recommended trying therapy first, as I was very resistant to meds initially. The specific type of therapy that he recommended is cognitive behavioural therapy, which teaches you new ways to respond to your stressors, basically. It changes your way of thinking. I found an excellent psychotherapist, who is not able to prescribe meds, but in combination with my family doctor that works for me. ETA: My doctor didn't refer me to the therapist, because he's newer in town and the only one he had worked with recently retired. So I literally googled "cognitive behavioural therapy *town name*" and selected from the list. So if you wanted to try therapy first you could certainly go about it that way.

The biggest hurdle is finding a doctor and/or therapist that you communicate well with, because starting treatment isn't easy. But it is so incredibly worth it. I am certainly not 100% better yet, I've been on the meds for only 3.5 weeks, but I already feel such a difference. I'm not consumed by my anxiety anymore, and I'm learning what to do so it doesn't come back. Best of luck to you! If you want any more information or have questions feel free to PM me. 

I still want to know what the Dullards did with all that TLC/People money they got in the days when the show was flourishing, and Jill got featured episodes (even before Counting On). 

There is an El Salvador missioncation in early/mid March (10-19). I'm not sure why they're going down so early, or why SOS doesn't pay their expenses. Are they really not employed by them after all but tagging along on their footsteps to appear that they are actual missionaries? 

24 grand for this four month "term?" Must be nice, Dullards. 

I bet they move Jessa into the Pool House and the Dullards get the Mold House when they return for their (at least) three month maternity leave sometime in June (depending on her due date, which she's never specifically revealed). 

What fucking scammers. How Christian of them! 

This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Why return NOW? Why not have returned after Jinger's wedding in November? Why now, when Jill is far enough along to make travel uncomfortable and she may very well need the extra help her family in AK can provide in caring for her toddler? When she should be seeing a medical professional every month at least to monitor her pregnancy for possible complications? What the hell are they going to be able to do in the few months before they come back for the birth of baby #2?

I am not sure if they really are trying to help anyone. I think their "help" is very superficial and is only half-heartedly done as a cloak for their real goal of converting Christians to right-kind-of-Christians. I'm not sure if they really are even trying for that. I think that their real reason for going is that it makes them feel better and even more smug about themselves. More holy. Suffering for Christ and all that. I guess there's nothing godly about working at Walmart.

And the blatant begging. Wow. No subtlety there!

No free childcare is probably the main reason that Jill needed that drippy sundae to cheer her up on Valentine's Day. Well, that and rogue shower racks. 

I wonder if they had sex in Danger America at all? Jilly Muffin got knocked up within 2 months of coming home, and we know how fast she got knocked up with the Giant White Baby. 

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

:output_eeMbjt:

Well that shut me up :lol:

Why doesn't TLC bring in someone to teach them to do this properly if they're going to? Wouldn't they get more viewers if they saw them being decent and useful and resourceful and not dipshits who get ripped apart on Instagram. 

12 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Why return NOW? Why not have returned after Jinger's wedding in November? Why now, when Jill is far enough along to make travel uncomfortable and she may very well need the extra help her family in AK can provide in caring for her toddler? When she should be seeing a medical professional every month at least to monitor her pregnancy for possible complications? What the hell are they going to be able to do in the few months before they come back for the birth of baby #2?

I am not sure if they really are trying to help anyone. I think their "help" is very superficial and is only half-heartedly done as a cloak for their real goal of converting Christians to right-kind-of-Christians. I'm not sure if they really are even trying for that. I think that their real reason for going is that it makes them feel better and even more smug about themselves. More holy. Suffering for Christ and all that. I guess there's nothing godly about working at Walmart.

And the blatant begging. Wow. No subtlety there!

These people really have no clue about anything it seems.  Derick it seems is beyond lost and just goes with the wind. Is the real world really that tough Derick?  You can't stay until August at the very least. 

To ask for money when you have made money from a TV SHOW - is downright wrong.  

As for Jill - well she deserves what she reaps 

Im sorry but she deserves this - am I wrong or am I cruel 

15 minutes ago, nst said:

These people really have no clue about anything it seems.  Derick it seems is beyond lost and just goes with the wind. Is the real world really that tough Derick?  You can't stay until August at the very least. 

No I agree with you completely. The fact that these two wealthy adults are asking people (probably less fortunate than them) for so much money so that they can convert Christians to another kind of Christianity is infuriating me. I may be able to muster up some sympathy for Jill after I've cooled of but right now she gets none from me :annoyed:

30 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Well that shut me up :lol:

Why doesn't TLC bring in someone to teach them to do this properly if they're going to? Wouldn't they get more viewers if they saw them being decent and useful and resourceful and not dipshits who get ripped apart on Instagram. 

Omg the difference between how Jessa handles the media/pr and how Jill does is staggering. 

And when they say you can even donate $1...way to be subtle, guys! Try again to not making the "begging" more obvious.

I don't understand why Jill & Derick - especially Jill - would travel back to Central America during her pregnancy - seems risky, and I'd think she'd have alot more emotional support at home with family. And after that whole shower curtain incident...I dunno, but I feel like Derick's the one calling all the shots here, which I guess isn't surprising since he is "her headship" after all. *sigh* I find it hard to believe Jill really wants to go back there.

30 minutes ago, nst said:

No , you're not wrong or cruel, you're baffled as the rest of us . And I think we actually take into consideration her and her kids well being more than she does. If Jill had come back from CA with a positive attitude and eagerness and excitement to be there regardless of the 'dangers' then it would be an entirely different thing. But that's not the reality . And really , every woman is different but I think we all would agree than during and after pregnancy is no time to put your well being at risk. Especially with a toddler.

Wonder why they did not choose another destination. Start fresh in another country. But...why the rush?? Do you all think they are running away for a reason? This decision does not add up. Not safe for Jill while pregnant.

@VeganCupcake Only a medical doctor (MD) can prescribe medication...Therapists typically are psychologists (PsyD or PhD) and some are LCSWs (Licensed Clinical Social Workers). Then there are those who take different approaches. There's Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT I hear has good results for anxiety), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, group therapy, combinations of psychotherapies and plain ol' talking.

It can be hard to find someone who you trust and understands you, but therapy can be helpful! It's also usually stressful/awkward/anxiety inducing at first.

You can see a psychiatrist for medicine and have checkups every few weeks and see a therapist weekly. Try to research different therapies and find someone who specializes in dealing with anxiety. Also check out insurance, group therapies and free or cheap apps online! (if you're short on money and/or time).

I found having an evaluation and being diagnosed was helpful in realizing I had an anxiety issue (it also made others take me seriously) I'm still sorting out my mental health issues and am generally a mess, but therapy has helped some (when I found a good therapist and was in treatment consistently)

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more about it sometime :)

32 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

I'm actually surprised they are not asking for more $$$. 

Way to steal the limelight from Jessa. AGAIN. 

Haha they let her have her week. Now, done with Jessa, we are expecting a baby! Us, Jill and Derick, and we want to go back to Central America and pester people who already know about Jesus but not our kind of Jesus. Please pay us a lot of money, we need it to protect us from shower racks. 

18 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

@VeganCupcake Only a medical doctor (MD) can prescribe medication...Therapists typically are psychologists (PsyD or PhD) and some are LCSWs (Licensed Clinical Social Workers). Then there are those who take different approaches. There's Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT I hear has good results for anxiety), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, group therapy, combinations of psychotherapies and plain ol' talking.

It can be hard to find someone who you trust and understands you, but therapy can be helpful! It's also usually stressful/awkward/anxiety inducing at first.

You can see a psychiatrist for medicine and have checkups every few weeks and see a therapist weekly. Try to research different therapies and find someone who specializes in dealing with anxiety. Also check out insurance, group therapies and free or cheap apps online! (if you're short on money and/or time).

I found having an evaluation and being diagnosed was helpful in realizing I had an anxiety issue (it also made others take me seriously) I'm still sorting out my mental health issues and am generally a mess, but therapy has helped some (when I found a good therapist and was in treatment consistently)

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more about it sometime

Great summary! I'd add that primary care physicians will also prescribe psychiatric medication, particularly antidepressants, but usually recommend seeing a psychiatrist. Sometimes there are long waits to find someone taking new patients so your pcp can be a place to start meds or try something short term. 

Since there is a shortage of psychiatrists right now there has actually been a push to allow psychologists (PhD/PsyD) prescription privileges in certain states if they pursue additional schooling/certification. And psychiatric nurse practitioners are also allowed to prescribe medication. 

5 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

This latest announcement just baffles/disgusts/disappoints me.

If my husband "had" to work in a location where I couldn't stand it, didn't feel safe, and for Pete's sake I was pregnant to boot, I would gracefully await his return from his "mission."  Waiting safely in a place I wanted to be.

But, I guess Jill doesn't have that option, since he is her headshop headship.  She must obey and go along, I guess....

There is plenty of "mission" type work that needs to be done right here in the US.  They wouldn't need massive donations and Jill could be "safe" (unless, of course, they install a faulty shower rack).

Whatevs, DugDills.  Just another wonky moment in your lives.... ick.

Jill likely can't even identify any emotions. She's gone her whole life not allowed to be anything but cheerful and grateful. 

Buy used and save the difference is about all she knows about money and finances. $24,000 is Monopoly money to her. She has never worked or seen her parents work much. This shit is normal to her.

Dear Dillards, i know this is an absolutely CRAZY idea, but hey,why not live for free at the Duggar house(s), work a real job, and save the money to either go on your mission or to donate? You know, like us real folks do?  I like to give money and time to those in need but gosh darn it, my husband and i actually have to work for that money. Crazy, i know.

44 minutes ago, loveformusic said:

I find it hard to believe Jill really wants to go back there.

I'm not sure either one of them wants to go back there.  Could it be that Jessa and family have stolen the limelight, TLC is insisting on better plotlines from Jill and Derick than puking by the side of the road, more medical expenses are coming up, and the trip to SCA provides both some needed drama and $$s from grifting and TLC?

Just thinking... Who is going to go down to central America to help Jill? Jinger married, Jessa with a new baby, Joy is courting, Jana has to run the big house... are they going to send a couple of boys to be "Manny"s..? I think several Duggars made the trek to "visit" last time. The official Duggar accounts has shown boys doing dishes and laundry, now that the older girls are otherwise occupied. I give Jill one month until she needs help. 

I don't think TLC has that kind of power over them. 

And people seriously have to get past this 'stealing the limelight' thing. Nobody's stealing the limelight. There are 19 of them, four of them are married, three of them have kids, and at least one is courting. It is literally impossible for them to have no overlap between their major life events and announcements, and it's only going to accelerate as more of them come of age. One of them getting up at their sibling's wedding and announcing that they're expecting twins would be stealing the limelight. Announcing something two weeks later? Not so much.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived