IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

I was most pleasantly surprised by Tori’s lovely dress because I sort of expected her to have a dress like Whitney’s or Michael’s. She, after all, was the one who loved Michael’s and proclaimed the dress was THE ONE when Michael tried it on. And I thought Michael’s dress was quite honestly heinous.

Also Tori has often stated that she isn’t into clothes or fashion. She killed it with this choice.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh, I wanted to like her dress because it wasn't the altered fundie monstrosity of her peers but it didn't quite get there for me.  I think the overall look was too mature for her - all over lace can be done youthfully but not in that silhouette with a champagne underlay.    It looked like something that would be better suited for a 2nd time bride in her 40s or 50s.  

She has a cute shape but the silhouette made her waist look wide and boxy.  It was not flattering in the side shots with bae.  The 'blingy' belt looked like an afterthought to try and make the dress more fun. Overall, sans the braid, which I thought suited her perfectly, I could see a woman twice her age in that same wedding look.  

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I see her in an over the top ball gown type of thing

And sparkly. Lots of sparkle. With some fun element like red heels (Alyssa had hot pink sky high heels).

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

I was most pleasantly surprised by Tori’s lovely dress because I sort of expected her to have a dress like Whitney’s or Michael’s. She, after all, was the one who loved Michael’s and proclaimed the dress was THE ONE when Michael tried it on. And I thought Michael’s dress was quite honestly heinous.

Also Tori has often stated that she isn’t into clothes or fashion. She killed it with this choice.

That was Carlin - Tori didn't go wedding dress shopping with Michael.

4 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

His Instagram name is Robert Ellis Smith so I imagine that's his full name. Wikipedia has his birth date listed as February 16, 1995 but I'm not sure what their source is.

@singsingsing This matches what I have, except that I have him as Robert Ellis Smith III. Which matches the information in the wedding program posted by @JoylessAnna (his dad is Rob and grandfather is Bob).

45 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

That was Carlin - Tori didn't go wedding dress shopping with Michael.

Ah you’re right. I found the clip! Carlin seems to have grown fashionably in the past few years so I don’t expect she will have a terrible dress either.

CE3289AB-F0E5-4D21-B8F1-5021D8986DF4.jpeg

I think this the first clear photo we've gotten of Erin from the wedding. She looks really good.

Trace also posted his congrats message. Totally unrelated, but do we know what he's studying at Clown?

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Ah you’re right. I found the clip! Carlin seems to have grown fashionably in the past few years so I don’t expect she will have a terrible dress either.

CE3289AB-F0E5-4D21-B8F1-5021D8986DF4.jpeg

It's pretty much gauranteed she'll have a Miss Renee half and half mismatched special. Two of the people she's closest with so why wouldn't she get her own "custom" gown?

That being said, I'm expecting nothing less than an over the top fundepalooza from Carlin and Zoolander.  Josie however I expect will be more along the lines of Tori's wedding. 

15 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I think this the first clear photo we've gotten of Erin from the wedding. She looks really good.

Erin could teach Carlin a thing or two on how to write your sister an appropriate congratulory message.

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Updating my spreadsheet and I'm looking for info on Bobby:

-Is his full name Robert?

-Do we know his middle name?

-Do we know his birth date?

TIA! :) 

I should have most of that information on the Bates Family Cheat Sheet thread (Tori’s summary.)

11 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I wonder if Bobby brought a place yet or they are going to move in the trailer?

There aren't any properties listed in his name in Anderson or Campbell Counties, but they could be renting like Zach and Whitney did and Erin & Chad currently are.

21 minutes ago, Bethella said:

There aren't any properties listed in his name in Anderson or Campbell Counties, but they could be renting like Zach and Whitney did and Erin & Chad currently are.

I've read in numerous places that it is recommended that newlyweds rent for the first year or so. Obviously, every situation is different. Their lives are in a state where a lot of changes are taking place, newly married, going to be living together for the first time, and navigating things such as finances as a couple. 

I believe that Zach and Whitney picked a good time to buy a house. They only have two kids (for now), Zach has a more permanent position in law enforcement, and Whitney became a realtor.

On 19.12.2017 at 3:45 AM, llg1234 said:

Trace also posted his congrats message. Totally unrelated, but do we know what he's studying at Clown?

Hide contents

That is the sweetest message. I didn’t know that those two are so close.

I have enjoyed all the colors and styles and so forth I've seen in these photos. It feels like someone cared and was thoughtful and loving. I think the waistband is all right, only if it were the kind that rose to a point in the center, which probably has a name, the looseness of it would look more graceful.

My only outsider's objection if I might wish to make one is the eyeliner in the inner corners of her eyes. It probably looked crumblier as the day wore on.

I think blue suits are a sensible wedding choice for these people who have so many to attend. They can wear them longer and to far more events than black ones, for one thing. And the choice of black or brown shoes has always been acceptable with a blue suit, though for a couple of recent clompy-footed decades, brown dressed it down more than is currently the fashion.

I like Trace's pants a lot, and will now show myself out.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived