IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

I am traumatized. 

No really. 

That gave me flashbacks to driving carpool with eight middle school girls. 

Oh the humanity! The manic talking! The LOUD voices! The "all about me" attitude. 

I need a Xanax. 

Seriously. These women are in their twenties and thirties, right? 

Calm down, ladies; and PLEASE consider decaf!  Also, grow up! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they are all older than me. The last time I met someone who acted like that, I was in middle school. 

• Upvote 5

Oh for fucks sake. Get a life girls. (Girls?). I hope life opens your eyes.  Mean girl Jesus freaks!!!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

If you don't outline your entire eye with eyeliner then Satan will destroy your life. That's basic fundie knowledge.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

@browngrl Praise be! Don't forget the $200 Sicily primer. And some Tatcha gel moisturizer for holy hydration! 

All hail our sainted mother, Pat McGrath. May she continue to bless us with perfectly blendable eye pigments. 

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

What would they think of this look?

image.jpeg

Well, she does have the mark of the devil on her forehead but her contour is sharp and she's blonde so maybe they'd approve. Plus, we all know charcoal teeth whitening is all the rage. Gotta scrub the stains of sin from those teeth! 

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, FundaMental said:

If you don't outline your entire eye with eyeliner then Satan will destroy your life. That's basic fundie knowledge.

Didn't protect Jill Rod from Satan's green bean can!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

They mention being at a conference and some "random dad" commenting on their eyeliner. I wonder if that was Steve Maxwell? Jim Bob Duggar? 

I don't care how much I disliked their makeup and their vidoe; if some man said that to my daughters, I'd be livid. 

I'd walk up to him all meek and submissive like and, while staring at my shoes, I'd say in my best sing song voice "Sir? In all Christian love, respect and submission, I'm going to ask you to stay the hell away from my daughters or you'll find an eyelash curler in an unfortunate place. M'kay?" 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

What would they think of this look?

image.jpeg

QFT. And as evidenced by my avatar, huuuuuge fan.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

QFT. And as evidenced by my avatar, huuuuuge fan.

I can only see your avatar all tiny on my phone, thought it was Gaga.  Who is QFT?

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

I can only see your avatar all tiny on my phone, thought it was Gaga.  Who is QFT?

QFT=quoted for truth. My avatar is the lovely drag queen Katya Zamolodchikova...but my dad just calls her Katya. 

https://youtu.be/X4VaNgMGB28

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

I know it’s supposed to be Quoted For Truth, but I think of it as Quite Fucking True.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

That list of questions should just be called "How to Make Dating Into a F-ing Job Interview". Yuck. That and the mandatory Bible and book studies...it all sounds so tedious. 

Mr. 05 and I have somehow managed 9 years of happy marriage without book or Bible studies, without having sat around going through mandatory question sheets when we dated, and without constantly worrying about being "intentional" or any of that nonsense. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 6

So is “wearing makeup in a god honoring fashion” going to be the newest “ministry” idea for all of those SAHDs who are still waiting for Prince Charming? Come to think of it, didn’t Gothard have some kind of teaching materials on the “godly” way to apply makeup? It seems weird that he’s be giving advice about this, given how obsessed he is with stereotypical gender roles, but then again, he also gives child rearing advice without ever having had children (at least, that we know of).

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

So is “wearing makeup in a god honoring fashion” going to be the newest “ministry” idea for all of those SAHDs who are still waiting for Prince Charming? Come to think of it, didn’t Gothard have some kind of teaching materials on the “godly” way to apply makeup? It seems weird that he’s be giving advice about this, given how obsessed he is with stereotypical gender roles, but then again, he also gives child rearing advice without ever having had children (at least, that we know of).

It seems weird because it IS weird!  The flip flops, long curly hair and extreme submission, not to mention "his" girls he takes on with all those qualities.  Like them all, perverted freaks.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

So is “wearing makeup in a god honoring fashion” going to be the newest “ministry” idea for all of those SAHDs who are still waiting for Prince Charming? 

I'm sure the upline distributors at Mary Kay and Younique are betting on it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I feel dumber just listening to the first thirty seconds of these stunted women.  

Guess what.  God had commentary on broided hair, gold, pearls, costly attire, and mixed fibers.  He's pretty specific.  If he cared about whether you wore your tacky-ass fluorescent pink lipstick and Death Becomes Her pancake foundation (girl on left, I'm talking to you), He would have said something.  

I can't believe I'm even posting this... Godly cosmetics.  This is about as low and pathetically shallow as I've seen in a long time.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

I love how they talk about how old pictures of them are terrible, because they had no idea what they were doing. Good thing they will never feel that way about this video!:2wankers:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I feel dumber just listening to the first thirty seconds of these stunted women.  

Guess what.  God had commentary on broided hair, gold, pearls, costly attire, and mixed fibers.  He's pretty specific.  If he cared about whether you wore your tacky-ass fluorescent pink lipstick and Death Becomes Her pancake foundation (girl on left, I'm talking to you), He would have said something.  

I can't believe I'm even posting this... Godly cosmetics.  This is about as low and pathetically shallow as I've seen in a long time.  

Cremation #3 foundation. Embalm beige powder.

Edited by gameofunbeknowns
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Oh honey. A Katya appreciation thread. Oh honeeey. I’m here for it. And if these fundies wanted natural makeup tips they’d study Valentina. That girl serves face.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

53 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Oh honey. A Katya appreciation thread. Oh honeeey. I’m here for it. And if these fundies wanted natural makeup tips they’d study Valentina. That girl serves face.

Did someone say Valentina?

You’re perfect, you’re beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you’re a model! Everything about you is perfect! Did you stone those tights? Oh, you’re smiling! They eat her up EVERY SINGLE TIME she’s on that damned stage! She could walk out there in a fucking diaper and they’d be like, “Valentina! Your smile is beautiful!"

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

I love y’all for turning this into a drag race thread. I’m just starting season 9. 

Believe it or not, how these girls talk is not unlike a lot of people’s (especially older) views about makeup. 

Once I bought red lipstick and someone at my summer job said “a young lady like you shouldn’t wear a colour like that during the day”. My dad still doesn’t understand why I wear makeup (not that he restricts me or dislikes my bolder makeup looks). He keeps saying “you’re a pretty girl, you don’t need makeup”. But I wear makeup because it’s fun and it is a skill to be mastered. Makeup or not, I still think I’m ugly but at least my halo eyeshadow looks bomb and I worked really hard on it. 

I don’t understand why fundies make everything into a bigger deal. It’s just like their patterned tights; ridiculous!

In the spirit of Drag Race, HALLELU!! and may your highlight always beam for the high heavens. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

That video - Girl Defined - does make me want to wear make-up, but not like that. The girl on the left just looks so unwell. I wear make-up so I don’t look like I’m about to faint. I couldn’t watch more than a couple of minutes of the video, but was left with a lingering feeling of sadness and so, SO many questions! I probably do need to watch the whole video before asking those questions though. I’ll be back!

I’ve never seen RuPaul’s Drag Race, but I love make-up (I wore a different lipstick every single day for the whole of September last year). You guys have given me cause to do lots of googling!

I need to know about halo eyeshadow - can you recommend a tutorial, @Jinder Roles?

What do you think of RP’s recent statements about trans women on the Drag Race?

Edited by Jellybean
Too many spaces
  • Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic