IGNORED

Girl Defined

onlysaneperson

Bethany and David are engaged! It's super exciting. They are, in fact, super excited. And the proposal involved a ukulele. Because of course it did. I didn't really get an farther than that because this super exciting video is also super long and super annoying. With so much hand sex. 

Perhaps someone here has a higher tolerance level for watching these two than me and can give us more details. 

• Thank You 3

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Bethany and David are engaged! It's super exciting. They are, in fact, super excited. And the proposal involved a ukulele. Because of course it did. I didn't really get an farther than that because this super exciting video is also super long and super annoying. With so much hand sex. 

Perhaps someone here has a higher tolerance level for watching these two than me and can give us more details. 

I watched until he started singing and that was it for me.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

I watched until he started singing and that was it for me.  

You beat me. I made it about 3 minutes and most of that was her adjusting the camera, saying the word "super" and the showing off of the hand sex. Fundies can sure turn holding hands into something else, can't they? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

You beat me. I made it about 3 minutes and most of that was her adjusting the camera, saying the word "super" and the showing off of the hand sex. Fundies can sure turn holding hands into something else, can't they? 

Well, to be honest at about three minutes in I was wondering about my life choices.  ;)

• Haha 8

That was a really awkward and uncomfortable video. He kept looking at her with bedroom eyes and it just made me want to say “Go get a room!”

The hand sex is obnoxious... I thought Josh and Anna were bad but these two have them beat.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Total wacky doodles. Utter nutters. Are they truly for real? It like watching a comedy sketch. Think Kids Farm type sketch. On Rufus's antlers really??!!!!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

They have the same horny vibes as the 16-year olds that I teach. Normal feelings ofcourse, but for the love of Rufus go get a room.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

They made a "why suicide is never the right solution" post.

I somehow find this so incredibly rude, insensitive and judgemental. 

• Upvote 1

Youtube suggested this video to me. A couple of guys critiquing some of their videos. I laughed out loud: 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

• 2 months later...

One of their newer videos suggests that personal happiness isn't important in a relationship... and neither is physical attraction.

I'll be slamming my head against the wall for a little while longer now.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 5

I used to follow Casey Chappell.  She's a Christian blogger who adopted six kids, a couple of whom were special needs.  I really enjoyed her blog but then I found out her husband, who is a pastor I believe, also "suffered" from same sex attraction and was running a ministry based towards  helping others who also has SSA.  Unfortunately one of the tenets of the ministry was that marriage/sex were to be between a man and a woman only, and that homosexuality was wrong.

I always wonder why more "Christians" don't follow the speck in your brother's eye when you  have a beam in yours teaching from the bible.

• Upvote 2

On 8/16/2018 at 2:19 AM, CatholicLite said:

One of their newer videos suggests that personal happiness isn't important in a relationship... and neither is physical attraction.

I'll be slamming my head against the wall for a little while longer now.

I got through about five minutes of that with the sound off, reading the captioning. Couldn't do anymore. 

Here's the thing...I don't think that anyone actually thinks that happiness and physical attraction are the foundations of a long term committed relationship. But that is where most relationships start. The rest is really deep and it takes time. That is what dating is for (Bethany & Kristin, you pair of dimbulbs!). Dating is when you figure out if that person is right for you in terms of the foundations you want (it's not Christianity for everyone, btw, B & K) and if they are someone you can make a lifelong commitment to. They are doing it backwards. Shared theology does not equal a happy marriage or a good sex life. Starting at that point is just bizarre. Starting at a point where you are planning for a commitment immediately is also bizarre. And ignoring compatibility and chemistry is a recipe for a disastrous marriage. 

• I Agree 6

The comments on the same-sex attraction post are what really got to me: (this one was really far down but boy oh boy)

I am bisexual. I suppose it is easier for me to repress that part of me that feels same-sex attraction, so I feel very conflicted whenever this topic comes up. I have felt this since I was 15. Part of me wants to come out and accept myself, but I feel guilt and shame whenever I think of it. I don't want to make any bad decisions, and I don't personally feel like I'm all the way qualified to speak on the subject because I also feel attraction towards men. I believe in God, and I know acting on same-sex attraction is a sin.

The whole idea of resisting temptation and not acting on my feelings is very hard for me, because I feel that I am repressing myself, and I don't know why God would give me these feelings. The crush I have had on a girl has felt the same as I have had on a boy, although I feel wrong about having it because I wouldn't want this girl (who is my friend) to feel uncomfortable. I don't know what to feel on this topic, and I hesitate to make a decision on it because I have not really come out, or accepted my feelings for what they are. Although I live in a fairly progressive area I still hear gay slurs tossed around and I wouldn't want to damage any relationship I have with friends or family because I am bisexual.

I don't want to repress half of myself. I want to love God and love myself at the same time. So, it's very hard for me to agree with you on this subject, because, yes my feelings, which I know shouldn't take the high ground, but sometimes it's hard to just accept God's will and move on. I caution you from making statements like these if you have not struggled with same-sex attraction, because you do not really understand what you are saying. It's nice in theory, to just obey God and love him, but it is hard to do so when your feelings and intrinsic nature command you otherwise. Yes, you quoted people who have experienced same-sex attraction, but ultimately the opinion is from you, a person I believe who does not experience it. I do not intend this as hateful, so please do not interpret this as that. I am just trying to get my opinion out there, as a person who is bisexual and conflicted. Thank you.

I can't believe they're peddling this shit to teenage girls.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

So who's watching the Bethany-David wedding this weekend?  I would but I have to dye my eyebrows green and talk like I am chewing my face off about purity and modesty. Oh wait...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm watching the wedding live stream. I'll add my impressions as they go.

Pretty sure Dāv is wearing a brown suit which I find deeply weird

The mother of the bride dress already looks like a wedding dress... v. simple and elegant though

• Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, CurlyWurly said:

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm watching the wedding live stream. I'll add my impressions as they go.

Pretty sure Dāv is wearing a brown suit which I find deeply weird

The mother of the bride dress already looks like a wedding dress... v. simple and elegant though

The photographer has done a nice job of getting in the middle of the video. Geesh, woman. 

I've never understood putting kids too young to find their way down the aisle in a wedding party. And the bridesmaid herding them in while she walked all hunched over looked so lovely and elegant. She'll treasure that video. 

• Upvote 2

So we've got blush pink dresses for the bridesmaids and Bethany seems to have a pretty simple A-line dress

Honestly their venue is quite beautiful

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.47.17 am.png

Uhhh, we're reading Bethany's journal?

"He's soooooo sweet, funny, and honestly just great to be around"

This is the diary of a 15 year old girl

We have a list of why David Beal wouldn't like her, lead by she's too old and she's too tall

Now Dave is reading his journal and he writes like a robot

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently they're going to read all of their diary entries about each other to each other?  This is such a strange part of a wedding ceremony, I feel like it should be in the speeches

There are a lot of comments on this livestream speculating on his sexuality which is rude but kind of getting me through

He's more talented than Turd Duggar but I'll never be ok with anyone singing AT their intended on the stage at their wedding

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CurlyWurly said:

Apparently they're going to read all of their diary entries about each other to each other?  This is such a strange part of a wedding ceremony, I feel like it should be in the speeches

Or not at all anywhere? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Or not at all anywhere? 

Oh God you're so right

We're now quoting 1 Corinthians and I feel like this wedding is hitting all the cheesy Christian bingo boxes

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic