IGNORED

First Grandson Special

Buzzard

I cannot believe that selfish ass went and took a nap while she was in the end stages of labor!

OMG I know!

And nothing says dignity like being filmed giving birth on the shitter.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did she have the baby on the toliet? I hope they cleaned the toliet before she got on it. And I wonder why nobody realized that her saying she needed to go might be a sign she was ready to have the baby.

And I can't believe Josh kept complaining about how tired he is and then went to take a nap! I can understand if your wife has her epidrual and is also getting some rest but while she's in absolute pain and you go an lie down! He's such an ass!

OMG I know!

^ This.

Is it my imagination or was one of the Duggar sisters other than Jill also there when Anna was in labor?

Did she have the baby on the toliet? I hope they cleaned the toliet before she got on it. And I wonder why nobody realized that her saying she needed to go might be a sign she was ready to have the baby.

And I can't believe Josh kept complaining about how tired he is and then went to take a nap! I can understand if your wife has her epidrual and is also getting some rest but while she's in absolute pain and you go an lie down! He's such an ass!

It sounded like she was afraid to accidentally go all over the couch, which I don't really blame her for. But that's why I'd have a hospital birth.

^ This.

Is it my imagination or was one of the Duggar sisters other than Jill also there when Anna was in labor?

I saw Jinger there towards the end.

OMG I know!

I'm glad they showed that she was in pain this time and it wasnt all roses and rainbows like they did with mac.

Here's what we can take away:

1) Josh is a stupid fuck who really cares very little about others - including his wife. He was not a good "coach", he was a lazy ass he went and took a nap when his wife needed him most.

2) This birth was much more about the hype than Anna and the baby's comfort and safety. Everywhere she went she had to be fully clothed so that the cameras could follow her around

3) The duggars are clueless. They took that tiny baby outside and exposed him to the brood!

4) That house is way too small. They'll be moving out of there shortly.

5) Jana is AWOL.

I thought it was Jessa but it might have been Jinger. I did not see Jana at all.

I understand her not wanting to go on the couch. That's why I wouldn't have been on the couch period but in a hospital bed where I don't have to worry about the clean up. I know that the two feelings are a lot of alike but I would think the midwife (or was it just a doula) would have said "You probably just need to push out the baby let's go into the tub" or somewhere that wouldn't matter. Isn't it like 3/4 of women poop during giving birth anyways so if you're having the later part of your labor there then you should be ready for some poop.

I thought it was Jessa but it might have been Jinger. I did not see Jana at all.

I understand her not wanting to go on the couch. That's why I wouldn't have been on the couch period but in a hospital bed where I don't have to worry about the clean up. I know that the two feelings are a lot of alike but I would think the midwife (or was it just a doula) would have said "You probably just need to push out the baby let's go into the tub" or somewhere that wouldn't matter. Isn't it like 3/4 of women poop during giving birth anyways so if you're having the later part of your labor there then you should be ready for some poop.

You would have thought they'd give her a saline enema early in labor to prevent that, but poop is definitely a reality with all that pushing! She was never going to have that baby in the pool. She'd have to be too "exposed" in front of the camera crew and we all know that couldnt happen.

I wonder if Anna wanted to have the baby in the pool. Poor girl. I'm glad there is no video of me giving birth.

Do you think Anna is unique as a fundie in that she doesn't seem to care that she had a room full of people watching her give birth? Or, will all the Duggar girls be equally open to having the cameramen so up close and personal during their labors?

I can't see this programme as I'm in the UK :( so reading this thread will have to suffice! Have they acknowledged at all that Michael James's name was leaked before the official release?

Well Jana would have been home with other kids then. I hope Mac was sent away shortly after she woke up. I'd be worried of scaring my child if they watche me in labor.

Michelle had numerous births filmed. I think the Duggar girls won't have a choice if JimBob can make a buck off it.

And yes they acknowledged his name.

I'm watching the show on a delay...friend called so I paused it for awhile. Not on a baby-related note, that skirt that Hannie was wearing at the nail salon was a totally defrauding length. Not even close to knee-length, with those cute little leggings on. I'm so glad the little girls will never get stuck in the prairie jumpers. Hell, they might even get out of skirts one day.

ETA: I also can't believe how "seriously" they were taking the idea that she might give birth on the bus :shock: I mean, it's good of them to be prepared, but generally when you're preparing for a worst-case scenario, it's because you think there may be an emergency. Going on a book tour with your in-laws does not qualify as an emergency.

I also can't stand how JB says tour as "tyure". I don't even know how you pronounce that.

I've never given birth and I don't work in the medical profession, but common sense tells me it's downright unsanitary to have a baby in the bathroom. And then they exposed the poor little guy to all the Duggar kids??? Sure, Baby Mikey isn't a frail preemie like Josie and in general the Duggar children are healthy, but why risk it? (I know, I know, for the people in TV land...)

I simply do not understand why anybody in this day and age would choose to have a baby at home instead of in a hospital where they have real doctors and all the latest medical equipment in case anything goes wrong.

I've never given birth and I don't work in the medical profession, but common sense tells me it's downright unsanitary to have a baby in the bathroom. And then they exposed the poor little guy to all the Duggar kids??? Sure, Baby Mikey isn't a frail preemie like Josie and in general the Duggar children are healthy, but why risk it? (I know, I know, for the people in TV land...)

I simply do not understand why anybody in this day and age would choose to have a baby at home instead of in a hospital where they have real doctors and all the latest medical equipment in case anything goes wrong.

Oh no, Flora, you've opened a can of worms! Put them back in! PUT THEM BACK!

Desire to not have unnecessary medical intervention? We're as far from fundie as possible but Ms.Lexiloumarie wants to have a home birth if we decide to go that route towards Kid #2 because of a horrible hospital birth.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. I had to turn off the TV because it got me so mad!

First off: SMUGGAR took a NAP when his wife's labor was less than a day?! I'm not married at the moment, but when that happens...if my husband does that while I'm in labor...I guarantee my reaction won't be pretty.

Second: The toilet?! Talk about unsanitary!

Third: That baby looked awfully blue at first...

And this is the point where I turned off the TV because I couldn't take any more.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of women have given birth on TV. I don't think it's so weird. I watched the first live birth on TV in 1980 (was it?) while I was still in high school (I think it was on Donahue but it's been a while).

I cry EVERY TIME I see one. It's beautiful and lovely and amazing and cool.

Two of my grandchildren were birthed at home...and their father took a nap during labor, too. Because the parents will be tag-teaming with the baby and the other kids after the midwife leaves, and SOMEONE needs to be rested up. He was there at the birth and that's all that matters.

From the VF poster child Kim Coghlan.Betting this sums up a lot of reasons why home birth is appealing,to Fundamentalist Christians in particular.

http://inashoe.com/2008/05/why-homebirth/

I read it and I remain unconvinced. What if the baby's heartbeat drops? What if he's breech? What if the umbilical cord gets wrapped around his neck? What if his big, round head gets stuck like my younger cousin's did? There are just too many things that could go wrong even with a low risk pregnancy, for the mom as well as for the baby. It's better to be safe than sorry, I say. But then again, these fundies believe nothing bad will ever happen to them because God loves them more than He does the rest of us.

Oh no, Flora, you've opened a can of worms! Put them back in! PUT THEM BACK!

*Sprints to emergency recanning supplies* (maybe they're with Anna's emergency bus delivery supplies?)

I think there must be something up with Jana. Maybe she is courting and they are waiting to announce it until The First Grandson drama has cleared up. Or maybe she has left the fold? I see a name change in order... Free Jana! Hey, I can hope, can't I?

Odd that Jana would be missing from both this birthing event and the Today show special. Curious.

Where is Jana? First, there was Jackson's comment in last week's episode about how Jana "came home" to help care for the little ones while Jim Bob & Michelle were in El Salvador. And now this...

• Curious locked this topic

Archived