IGNORED

Lydia Coghlan Hinrichs Talks FJ

teachergirl

10 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

The most nauseating  visual example had to be when they took a rather famous painting in which a queen stood above a knight to, you know, knight him, and lowered her into submission. Never mind that she now appeared to be giving him a hand job-- at least she wasn't above him, which would have been a much more harmful thing for Christian children to see, apparently.

sleeping-beauty-vf.jpg?w=555&h=387

When you look at it in that context, you wonder about the creepy bearded man watching.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:13 AM, hoipolloi said:

No wedding photos have yet been seen but Spanky posted the following on his FB page recently:

15056367_10207924966221485_2746554820078812125_n.jpg

Wonder if that's the "bridal head covering" she wore---

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:42 PM, Black Aliss said:

As someone who was at one time simultaneously a full time parent of three kids 5 and under and a grad school student (because I wanted to have the skills to support those kids come what may) I know it is possible to do both successfully and to love both the academic exercise and the child-rearing, as long as sleep isn't  a high priority. I also know that it has something to do with all three of my kids vowing to get their formal education out of the way before they became parents.

You've got the right idea here.  Completing her education before she had kids was one very important lesson that I drummed into Wychling's head.   It's at least one repetitious nag  that the kid took to heart.

20 hours ago, ophelia said:

I never realized how costly these retreats really were! A lot of fundie fathers must have really saved over months to be able to attend with their daughters.

I'd much rather spend that kind of $$ at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at Disney World.  I wonder if the girls went all out for gowns, shoes, etc.  Must have been like a "Fundie Daughters, Dads, and Tiaras" deal.

19 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

My husband's family had some hard times when he was a kid. When people make comments like "money isn't everything, and can't buy you happiness." He will tell them to F* off because nobody who ever went hungry said those words

This times 1000.   While having money may make you happy, lack of it most surely brings misery.

16 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

The most nauseating  visual example had to be when they took a rather famous painting in which a queen stood above a knight to, you know, knight him, and lowered her into submission. Never mind that she now appeared to be giving him a hand job-- at least she wasn't above him, which would have been a much more harmful thing for Christian children to see, apparently.

And of course the queen wasn't making eye contact with the knight.  One way to avoid temptation.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:51 PM, nausicaa said:

Also, granted I don't follow the Coghlans super closely, but didn't her sister's early marriage not exactly end in a cottage of love on silver tipped wings?

Was anything ever posted about what went wrong with Deanna and Tyler?

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:10 PM, Palimpsest said:
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, luv2laugh said:

Unfortunately, these are fundamentalists that do not believe in education and so there is nothing in life other than to breed. 

I always thought that some of the VF crowd are a bit keener on higher education.  Some of them actually go to accredited colleges and universities.  Apparently not this particular sampling, however.

You'd think that VF would want a few accountants in their staff.  Maybe not "Dudly Do-Right" ones, but some that could help divert funds into wherever DPIAT ordered.

8 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

When you look at it in that context, you wonder about the creepy bearded man watching.

Doug? Oh, you mean the other guy...

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Not specifically, and while I'd admit to being curious, I think the "why" things fell apart is none of our business. We just know they divorced. 

39 minutes ago, withaj said:

Not specifically, and while I'd admit to being curious, I think the "why" things fell apart is none of our business. We just know they divorced. 

actually, there was extensive discussion about Deanna and Tyler on FJ-- just search for the Coughlan threads, or just Deanna's name.

51 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

actually, there was extensive discussion about Deanna and Tyler on FJ-- just search for the Coughlan threads, or just Deanna's name.

Oh, I know that -- and it's Coghlan, by the way -- but @Granwych asked if there was anything posted about "what went wrong" -- the discussion here was just speculation, starting (I think) when someone noticed her name changed on Facebook. We know she divorced. We don't know "what went wrong."

On 11/25/2016 at 9:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Audrey Botkin gave an eyeroll, lol. 

We knew they all read here. At least Lydia's dad outright said Lydia likes the attention! Haha. Many of them do. That's why they have blogs and social media out the wazoo. We would have nothing to talk about if they all made their social media private, didn't makes blogs or YouTube videos, and didn't go on tv. 

This is FJ. We'd still find stuff to talk about ;) 

23 minutes ago, Curious said:

This is FJ. We'd still find stuff to talk about ;) 

We would but the threads would all be so short. Imagine if Jill Rod got rid of FB and the blog. How would we know there's some 30 something guy traveling around with them. What is that dude thinking?

On 11/29/2016 at 10:06 AM, Grimalkin said:

My husband's family had some hard times when he was a kid. When people make comments like "money isn't everything, and can't buy you happiness." He will tell them to F* off because nobody who ever went hungry said those words.

Being poor as a child has a different affect on everybody. I was raised in absolute poverty, and I'm one of those people who says that, and I truly believe it.

• 3 weeks later...

Perry's FB name now includes the title of "grandpappy." I gather Lydia may get her wish of a baby by their anniversary?

Screenshot_2016-12-23-10-29-56.jpg

This was discussed in another thread earlier in the week, or even last week. Too bad I haven't got a clue which thread. Maybe the upcoming babies one?

On 12/23/2016 at 10:34 AM, linnea27 said:

Perry's FB name now includes the title of "grandpappy." I gather Lydia may get her wish of a baby by their anniversary?

Screenshot_2016-12-23-10-29-56.jpg

Maybe it's trite, but I hate the ugly way he tilts his head back in photos. Can't he just smile like a normal person?

5 hours ago, Hisey said:

Maybe it's trite, but I hate the ugly way he tilts his head back in photos. Can't he just smile like a normal person?

He probably isn't too good at taking selfies.  And he's also not normal, not at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2016 at 9:49 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Is it just me, or is Ben Serven kinda... hot? 

Definitely just you, my sweet. 

Now, Nathan ... minor rrowrr!!!!

On 12/25/2016 at 5:24 AM, Granwych said:

He probably isn't too good at taking selfies.  And he's also not normal, not at all.

Granpappy Coghlan -- anyone know his ethnic background? Looks so Asian. Not that it makes a hill of beans difference but I'm curious. 

On 11/25/2016 at 11:10 AM, hoipolloi said:

Of course they read here. They're obsessed with knowing what others think & say of them, and that goes double for FJ.

And no, Lydia, you're wrong, but then "graduates" of the SOTDRT frequently lack reading comprehension.

Hi, Benjamin Serven  - since you read here, here's a strong suggestion for you & your wife: Don't have any more kids until you acquire a basic understanding of human growth and development, including age-appropriate behavior in church  for an 8-month-old versus, say an 8-year-old. 

Hi, @hoipolloi!  I just read this and am intrigued!!  Can you direct me to where ole Benny-boy waxed wise on sanctuarial blanket training, do to speak? I'd love to see it. 

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Hi, @hoipolloi!  I just read this and am intrigued!!  Can you direct me to where ole Benny-boy waxed wise on sanctuarial blanket training, do to speak? I'd love to see it. 

@MamaJunebug - it was Micaela who mentioned "training" their 8-month-old baby to be still in church on her (Micaela's) Instagram  account which -- tada! -- became private shortly after the initial FJ discussion.

50 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

@MamaJunebug - it was Micaela who mentioned "training" their 8-month-old baby to be still in church on her (Micaela's) Instagram  account which -- tada! -- became private shortly after the initial FJ discussion.

Tch -- and she looks so nice in her photos. Thank you!

9 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Definitely just you, my sweet. 

Now, Nathan ... minor rrowrr!!!!

Granpappy Coghlan -- anyone know his ethnic background? Looks so Asian. Not that it makes a hill of beans difference but I'm curious. 

He's the spitting image of Perry Jr, imo. https://www.google.com/search?q=perry+patsy+coghlan&espv=2&biw=1536&bih=760&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjsb-Sp6bRAhWHhlQKHWaLCYcQsAQIIA&dpr=1.25#imgrc=d0BN3m_d-EGsAM%3A

Now I'll have to try and track down Perry Sr. ;) 

• 9 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 7:01 PM, starfish said:

Kim C had another baby? Good thing they moved so Perry couldn't drop this newborn on the front porch

covered in chicken poop. You know, I understand things like that happen, well, to the Coughlans at least.

But to blog about it?  That's just flat out entertainment.  

I know most of y'all just love this line too much to ever drop it, but it has bugged me for so long. THERE WAS NO CHICKEN POOP ON THE DECK. As one of the people who had to scrub it, I can personally confirm it.

Also, the baby was not dropped, his lil wet hiney touched the deck for a moment so that Dad could adjust his grip and not let his head or back touch the surface. I was standing there watching, i promise. 

I know you probably won't listen, but whatever. I've been dying to say that for years.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:06 AM, hoipolloi said:

Same here. I've only ever commented maybe two or three times total on a fundie blog or website and they were positive, well-wishing comments, pertinent to specific events. The snark & criticism stay here at FJ.

I doubt these young people are so stupid as to not see, for example, the severe contrasts between their families' situations and the Phillips family's lifestyle. The contrast is almost a parody it's so extreme. Sure, they might say they don't want to hike the Pacific Crest trail or sing to WW II vets in France, but the real issue is they live lives in which no such choices even exist, thanks largely to their parents & the toxic belief system their parents pushed (still push).

So, something else is involved -- possibly an inability to admit they were hoodwinked by the VF scam, or perhaps a refusal to acknowledge the rottenness at the core of VF, or -- worst of all -- they all still nurture the hope that VF or something like it, will rise from the ashes, and they will swarm back around it as soon as Doug Phillips Is A Tool crooks his little finger at them.

It was never that any of us didn't see it, we all saw it. I think most of us young uns were just decent enough not to work up a deep grudge over something as shallow as obvious favoritism. It just was what it was, and we warehouse gremlins preferred our dirt and fart jokes and belching contests to the prissiness of the cool club in the office.

Also it was fun to poke at the credo baptists with our presbyterian sticks.

On 11/30/2016 at 6:04 AM, Granwych said:

Not really but I don't mind telling.

It was a get the hell out of the family home type of wedding, I made it happen by making it very clear that I would elope if not given a wedding. Dad tried to tell me that Tyler seemed like a shit stain of a person but I was too desperate to get away and I didn't listen, and Tyler turned out to be a shit stain.

fast forward through 2 years of verbal and emotional abuse (from him towards me) , badly bungled attempts at marriage counseling by a pastor who had to deal with all of my previous 5 years of teen drama (there was plenty of it) and who saw me as an evil manipulator who just didn't know how to submit, and then some extramarital affairs on my part finally pushed things towards divorce (thank GOD).

Then I moved to Austin and got excommunicated after a year for living with a bf.

that pretty much sums it up.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:22 PM, slickcat79 said:

I've been very curious about all that as well. Even before the implosion, Dougie and his special friends traveled the world and put on costume parties while the Coghlan kids slept on literal shelves in a vermin-infested "house" illegally built on some else's property. The VF elite hosted fancy-dress tea parties at hundreds of dollars a head while the Coghlan girls wore hand-me-down shorts and tank tops because really...how else do you survive a Texas summer with no air conditioning? I mean, I know which outfit I'd prefer, but there's certainly a contrast. 

Meanwhile Perry probably did more actual work in a week than DPIAT did in an entire year, plus routinely brought his underage daughters to work for a man who turned out to be a pedophile. Instead of getting gifts from the "Beautiful Girlhood" catalog, the kids had to sell all the secondhand VF merch they could scrounge to make ends meet. Not that I think they were missing out on anything by not collecting that overpriced crap, but it would be nice if they didn't have to sacrifice for their parents' benefit instead of the other way around. They may not be prepared to acknowledge it, but the Coghlan kids (especially the older girls) deserved better. 

As far as education goes, they are probably more well-read and have more life experience than most fundies their age. That's the scary part :pb_eek:

Idk if daddy long legs really count as vermin lol. Mom paid us a nickel for each one we drowned in a bucket of soap water.

But yeah, you guys the imbalance there was insane. There was definitely a class divide between The Office and The Warehouse and we warehouse gremlins (a self awarded title) thought it was dumb but it just was what it was. (the interns usually preferred to eat lunch in the warehouse bc it was more fun than the office)

What was infuriating for me was every year DPIAT hosted a "not christmas" end of year dinner where everyone dressed up and ate expensive steak and listened to him go on about how hard his little favorites worked and how great he was. I saw the favoritism from the time I was 14. I would see my Dad working for a solid 8 weeks on barely any sleep, an hour drive both ways from work, all to increase DPIAT's bottom line. AND HE DID. EVERY YEAR. 

But not once did he get recognition for it. I would sit there listening to DPIAT go on and on about what a workhorse this guy or other was, how so and so contributed so much, while knowing how much money my dad saved him on shipping or labor or just plain efficiency of process. I thought it was utter BS and that was before I caught a nasty sleazy vibe from him when he would kiss my hand instead of shaking it.

I know y'all dont like my dad, but the man knows how to work like no one else I know, and at the time I considered it a deep offense to the family name that he got no honor for what he was doing.

Archived