IGNORED

Lydia Coghlan Hinrichs Talks FJ

teachergirl

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Wait you're saying this slice of cheese toast has a wife??!? :pb_lol:

And vodka. Don't forget the vodka. Looks like they haven't made a baby yet, so he is clearly still in perpetual adolosence.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, these are fundamentalists that do not believe in education and so there is nothing in life other than to breed. They don't believe in higher education and so they literally have nothing to look forward to except pregnancy and babies. It's sad. I could not imagine having babies in my early 20s. My husband and I don't plan on having a baby at least until I'm 30. I'm focusing on my career first.

1 hour ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I read a bit and had to laugh when someone said do they want us to wait til 30 to have a baby? So many complications!

umm these women are having babies in their 20s, 30s and 40s!

So....it's bad to have a baby if you're over 29? Are they not going to have any children after that age? Or will they be on #5 or #6 by then? By that logic it's only bad if you have your *first child at 30 or older. Why? :dontgetit:

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Unfortunately, these are fundamentalists that do not believe in education and so there is nothing in life other than to breed. They don't believe in higher education and so they literally have nothing to look forward to except pregnancy and babies. It's sad. I could not imagine having babies in my early 20s. My husband and I don't plan on having a baby at least until I'm 30. I'm focusing on my career first.

No no, you can birth 12 babies and then go searching for black Friday goods to resell on Amazon the day before you give birth to #13, like a reaI Proverbs 31 wife...

lordie. It was such a struggle to restrain myself from commenting. It would have ended up being a giant essay and wouldn't have accomplished anything, but it would have been very cathartic. It would have gone something like this:

"Dear Lydia,

I understand this is confusing for you. I was raised much like you were, and before I left the fundamentalist church in which I was raised, people like the FJers completely baffled me, too. 

One day you may understand that you be crazy and will flee your insanely conservative, woman-hating cult and join us on FJ, and snark at the fundamentalists with us.

In your post you said... [insert logical, compelling argument refuting her words here]

Love, 

a former fundie."

Ahhh. Even writing that much was a little cathartic. Sometimes I want to grab these young, second gen fundies and scream in their face until they rebel and flee.

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

No no, you can birth 12 babies and then go searching for black Friday goods to resell on Amazon the day before you give birth to #13, like a reaI Proverbs 31 wife...

hahaha..... Makes me think of this-

Some of the women on that FB page are going on about how strong they are.

I really don't get the disconnect between ZOMG COMPLICATIONS!!!!!11!11!!!1  and the whole "who needs prenatal care?"/"I don't need a trained midwife, because I have faith in god" stuff...   plus, as everyone else says, it's impossible, even for Fundies, to have 12 children in their 20s only (though I guess they are using SOTDRT maths...)

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I really don't get the disconnect between ZOMG COMPLICATIONS!!!!!11!11!!!1  and the whole "who needs prenatal care?"/"I don't need a trained midwife, because I have faith in god" stuff...   plus, as everyone else says, it's impossible, even for Fundies, to have 12 children in their 20s only (though I guess they are using SOTDRT maths...)

They can't afford a midwife so they pretend it's all about faith in god. 

13 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

So....it's bad to have a baby if you're over 29? Are they not going to have any children after that age? Or will they be on #5 or #6 by then? By that logic it's only bad if you have your *first child at 30 or older. Why? :dontgetit:

No, it's fine to have babies later in life if you have a well trained body, according to some Melissa chick.

I also can't get over the adolescents thing. Really, marriage and babies at 19 ends adolescence but college and jobs and paying bills and millions of other things 19 year olds do is continued adolescence? I am almost 50 and never had a kid - so that makes me adolescent? My marriage, divorce (I know that makes me a sinner, but an adolescent?), home ownership, job, financial responsibility, family, friends - - my life - - mean nothing to growing up? The sex I had, with my ex husband and before (again, I know that just makes me a sinner). 

I look at my nieces & nephews and the other 'kids' in my family who have gone to college and served in the military and bought homes in their 20's and have jobs; two engaged but none yet married or making the babies - and both over 25 - and they are so far from adolescence it makes me kinda' sad (just as an old aunt who is watching time pass way too fast). I just fail to see how any god or jesus or even satan wouldn't see them as responsible adults. 

The narrow view of the world these people have is astonishing. It's what happens when you grow up in such a tightly controlled world; where all your life views come from your parents and their like minded friends. When your friends are those who grew up in the exact same environment as you - because your parents were too threatened to allow you to expand and form your own views.

I know they don't see it so it's not entirely their fault. But, come the fuck on. 

Making babies as teens is not a godly calling. It's a choice you make that does not automatically nullify - or make 'ungodly' all the other choices in life. 

I take their comments as a lesson in what BEC looks like from the other side. I would probably be surprised if I read that about me, and think that those people have nothing better to do than go on about others...... I know this is an odd form of entertainment and hard to understand. I don't feel the need to justify or defend what I do and say here. I don't need their acceptance or approval. 

I guess I am going to contradict myself a tad. I think it's important to note I don't leave nasty comments on blogs or social media or purposely interact with anyone I snark on. I keep it here where they have to look for it. I'm not looking for a fight or drama. They are perfectly welcome to continue to bash us. I will keep all comments and reactions here. 

most importantly: They are more than welcome to come here and discuss anything they have said. I think for the most part we can be respectful to others as long as they are. In community discussion we were talking about how we want to remain nice and respectful to fundies who visit because it is always interesting to dialogue with them. 

Lydia and friends I am inviting you to come here and discuss this with us. Please understand that we may not agree with you, and you likely won't agree with us. But it could be interesting to try and broaden our horizons and try and understand where others are coming from, and why they think what they think. We can respect those different than ourselves. That is what makes life interesting. 

11 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I guess I am going to contradict myself a tad. I think it's important to note I don't leave nasty comments on blogs or social media or purposely interact with anyone I snark on. I keep it here where they have to look for it. I'm not looking for a fight or drama. They are perfectly welcome to continue to bash us. I will keep all comments and reactions here. 

Same here. I've only ever commented maybe two or three times total on a fundie blog or website and they were positive, well-wishing comments, pertinent to specific events. The snark & criticism stay here at FJ.

I doubt these young people are so stupid as to not see, for example, the severe contrasts between their families' situations and the Phillips family's lifestyle. The contrast is almost a parody it's so extreme. Sure, they might say they don't want to hike the Pacific Crest trail or sing to WW II vets in France, but the real issue is they live lives in which no such choices even exist, thanks largely to their parents & the toxic belief system their parents pushed (still push).

So, something else is involved -- possibly an inability to admit they were hoodwinked by the VF scam, or perhaps a refusal to acknowledge the rottenness at the core of VF, or -- worst of all -- they all still nurture the hope that VF or something like it, will rise from the ashes, and they will swarm back around it as soon as Doug Phillips Is A Tool crooks his little finger at them.

Perry likes to call his family counter-cultural, and tells Lydia to "let her freak flag fly," yet according to his eldest, the moment she went against the family norms, they pushed her away. His counter-culturalism is hyper-patriarchy dressed in the trappings of a popular culture he believes he and his family are above. Fuck you, Perry. The people who make the music, the movies, the tv, who write the books and make the comedy you so blithely appropriate? They're the racial and cultural minorities, the gays, the weirdos, the single women, the druggies, and the outsiders you would shun and who your religion and your lifestyle seeks to push to the margins. You, Perry? A white, Christian man with a huge sycophantic brood? You're the least cool thing ever. And your t-shirts suck. Get an original idea and give your wife's reproductive organs a break while you're at it. 

I may be slow today but I don't understand her comment where she says we don't understand she is making fun of us. There has been a back and forth mocking of each other. So logically her comment would mean she was being sarcastic and was winding us up and actually agrees with us. I am sure she doesn't. What am I missing here? 

Add me to that short list of people who don't care to poke our snarkees with a stick. I feel FJ exists to keep us from having to challenge their very public positions directly, thus causing butthurt feelings of persecution. But, oh, it is so tempting sometimes.

What I don't understand is how this second generation of SOTDRT remains so ignorant of the reality around them--that there are no guarantees in this world that your headship will be able to support a dozen kids even if tragedy doesn't strike, and tragedy strikes often enough that you don't want to rely on your rusty barista skills to support a family on your own.

Green hair, huh? I guess Erin Bates doesn't want to have a thing to do with young Miss Lydia, then.

27 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

So logically her comment would mean she was being sarcastic and was winding us up and actually agrees with us. I am sure she doesn't. What am I missing here? 

If she does agree with us, she'll never admit it publicly, per above speculation. They're all too chickenshit to do so.

Seems to me instead that Lydia just got wound up in her SOTDRT prose & then attempted to be clever by pretending that she'd engineered a "gotcha." 

12 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Add me to that short list of people who don't care to poke our snarkees with a stick. 

Thankfully you don't have to, since the Coghlans all read here and have for years, per Kim's blog.

16 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Seems to me instead that Lydia just got wound up in her SOTDRT prose & then attempted to be clever by pretending that she'd engineered a "gotcha." 

ITA. She is very young and there is a very high chance that she will look back and cringe at the things she wrote. I'm very glad my thoughts at that age are not documented on the internet for all of time.  It also appears that she is absolutely loving the attention this is bringing her. She has FJ talking about her and also all her friends talking about her and saying how wonderful she is. 

It is much easier for these people to just say how mean we are instead of actually addressing concerns about their fundamental religious beliefs. 

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Perry likes to call his family counter-cultural, and tells Lydia to "let her freak flag fly,"

Oh, I love it when they do this. My favorite is Nate "N.D." Wilson calling his parents "hippies" and "Jesus freaks" in a pathetic attempt to distance himself from what they really are: right-wing extremists and Dominionists. 

But I guess I shouldn't call it "pathetic," since unfortunately, it's working. 

On 11/26/2016 at 0:25 PM, hoipolloi said:

Meanwhile, Justice hikes the Pacific Crest Trail,

Holy heck, you found Justice!  What is this - his gap year. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

18 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Unfortunately, these are fundamentalists that do not believe in education and so there is nothing in life other than to breed. 

I always thought that some of the VF crowd are a bit keener on higher education.  Some of them actually go to accredited colleges and universities.  Apparently not this particular sampling, however.

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

most importantly: They are more than welcome to come here and discuss anything they have said. I think for the most part we can be respectful to others as long as they are. In community discussion we were talking about how we want to remain nice and respectful to fundies who visit because it is always interesting to dialogue with them. 

Lydia and friends I am inviting you to come here and discuss this with us. Please understand that we may not agree with you, and you likely won't agree with us. But it could be interesting to try and broaden our horizons and try and understand where others are coming from, and why they think what they think. We can respect those different than ourselves. That is what makes life interesting. 

Yes.  Absolutely.

37 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

What I don't understand is how this second generation of SOTDRT remains so ignorant of the reality around them--that there are no guarantees in this world that your headship will be able to support a dozen kids even if tragedy doesn't strike, and tragedy strikes often enough that you don't want to rely on your rusty barista skills to support a family on your own.

I'm interested in this particular crowd because some of them did up and leave the mindset with the Fall of Doug.  

Others seem to have dug in their little heels of denial.  Why are you sticking with corrupt teachings?  I really want to know.

So what do you really think, second generation?  Do please come and explain yourselves.

Kim C had another baby? Good thing they moved so Perry couldn't drop this newborn on the front porch

covered in chicken poop. You know, I understand things like that happen, well, to the Coughlans at least.

But to blog about it?  That's just flat out entertainment.  

Spanky Sproul got married????? Stop the presses! How in the world did I miss that development???

Who is the new Mrs. Sproul? It's not one of the Botkin sisters, is it? Pappy Botkin must be getting desperate to marry them

off he might take kindly to a marriage offer from that vile beast. Did MamaJune Bug get to attend the wedding? There's got to be

some photos out there somewhere. You'd think Spanky would be proud to finally get hitched again and boastfully post lots of

photographic evidence that it did, in fact, happen.

3 hours ago, starfish said:

photographic evidence that it did, in fact, happen.

No wedding photos have yet been seen but Spanky posted the following on his FB page recently:

RC Sproul Jr. with Lisa Sproul.

November 20 at 6:09am · 

Giving thanks to my heavenly Father for blessing me with such a godly and delightful bride. Beautiful ceremony last night, beautiful bride, beautiful grace. Pt. 2- The Latter Days.

15056367_10207924966221485_2746554820078812125_n.jpg

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I always thought that some of the VF crowd are a bit keener on higher education.  Some of them actually go to accredited colleges and universities.  Apparently not this particular sampling, however.

Apparently their higher education didn't include much exposure to Ralph Waldo Emerson or they might have read these words from his journals:

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

On 11/26/2016 at 0:25 PM, hoipolloi said:
On 11/26/2016 at 9:27 AM, Palimpsest said:

I'd like to know what she and her cabal really think of the Fall of Doug and demise of Vision Forum.  It affected her family more than most.  Now the lawsuit has been settled let's hear from them.

Yes, what do they think of it all, considering that Lydia & her new husband are working at dead-end jobs of shaky stability and few if any benefits? Then there's her father, cobbling together equally shaky employment to support the family.

Meanwhile, Justice hikes the Pacific Crest Trail, Joshua enjoys himself at Reformation Bible "College" & has fun using expensive camera equipment, and Liberty & her younger sisters travel to Europe and around the US with their singing gigs.

I've been very curious about all that as well. Even before the implosion, Dougie and his special friends traveled the world and put on costume parties while the Coghlan kids slept on literal shelves in a vermin-infested "house" illegally built on some else's property. The VF elite hosted fancy-dress tea parties at hundreds of dollars a head while the Coghlan girls wore hand-me-down shorts and tank tops because really...how else do you survive a Texas summer with no air conditioning? I mean, I know which outfit I'd prefer, but there's certainly a contrast. 

Meanwhile Perry probably did more actual work in a week than DPIAT did in an entire year, plus routinely brought his underage daughters to work for a man who turned out to be a pedophile. Instead of getting gifts from the "Beautiful Girlhood" catalog, the kids had to sell all the secondhand VF merch they could scrounge to make ends meet. Not that I think they were missing out on anything by not collecting that overpriced crap, but it would be nice if they didn't have to sacrifice for their parents' benefit instead of the other way around. They may not be prepared to acknowledge it, but the Coghlan kids (especially the older girls) deserved better. 

As far as education goes, they are probably more well-read and have more life experience than most fundies their age. That's the scary part :pb_eek:

Archived