IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: Married with...No Children (yet)

Destiny

I always thought Jinger was the most fashion-y of the older sisters. I remember awhile back (before the courtship) there was a picture of her in a green (I think) maxi dress and one of those famous mustard cardigans doing archery. There was much criticism of the fact that she wasn't holding the bow correctly (or something, I know nothing about archery) and the fact that she didn't remove the purse that was slung across her shoulder, but as I remember it the general consensus was that her outfit was very stylish and un-Duggar-like. (I also remember looking for a mustard cardigan at every store I went to after all the discussion about there here, but I never found one.) Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that she's looking stylish now. I always thought that was her "thing." 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low key blew my mind about Jill taking all the "cute" clothes cause I was like wow they were all relatively the same size? (never had that with my sister, even post weight  loss).

I'm glad they're okay post- earthquake as well, Jinger looked absolutely cute in what I hope they were going to dinner as well. I don't know if we discussed it  or I totally missed it, but I guess we'll see this tomorrow, but what do the 1000 guests entertained with?

I found these at Fred Meyer (Kroger affiliate) last month:

Spoiler

20160927_002903.jpg

They were pretty good. It was the only variety they had. To our Australian FJers: How many different flavors of Tim Tams are there?

Clothes, shmoes.  She will be a Duggar baby producer with no real outside life in no time.

I hope she enjoys the honeymoon, seeing the "rest of the world" before it is just babies, babies, babies.

As far I know, neither kangaroos or koalas are "cuddly."  That might be more in her hubby's jurisdiction.

14 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

They were pretty good. It was the only variety they had. To our Australian FJers: How many different flavors of Tim Tams are there?

There are 5 main ones:

Original, Double Coat, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate and those caramel ones.

There are occasionally "limited edition" flavours (I think there was a coconut one?) and similar products, such as the bite sized ones.

To be honest, most people buy the original flavour. I'm personally a fan of double coat, because well, it's double coated!

14 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Hide contents

20160927_002903.jpg

About 8, but they have limited edition ones that come and go.

http://www.arnotts.com.au/products/tim-tam/

I love me some Espresso Martini ones, even though they don't contain real alcohol.

19 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

As far I know, neither kangaroos or koalas are "cuddly."  That might be more in her hubby's jurisdiction.

They're pretty adorable when they're babies, but your right about not being cuddly.

It's also illegal to hold a koala in New South Wales, so they could get nice and close for a photo but that's about it.  IMO they smell and don't do much. The active ones are amusing, but from memory they sleep for 16-18 hours a day!

39 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Reveal hidden contents

20160927_002903.jpg

Oh, I will have to look for them! Were they in the British section?

The two stores closest to me remodeled and don't have a "British section" anymore, unless they hid the aisle in an alternate dimension. :cry: I got the Tim Tams because they were on clearance.

I won't be able to buy Barry's Gold Blend tea anymore unless I go over to the next town to Cost Plus World Market. :crying-blue: Poor me!

I have to admit, that black and white pic of them on the honeymoon video page is pretty decent. Jinger really does look happy and her skirt looks a good inch above the knee. Maybe, just maybe there's hope for skorts or gauchos.

We had a pet baby kangaroo (a joey) when I was little - mother was hit by a car.  She lived in a pillow case hooked onto the back of the kitchen door, we fed her with a bottle, then when she was older she moved to the backyard.  When she was old enough we took her to the national park rehabilitation centre.  This was back in the early 70s.  I do remember holding her, and feeding her, and I wish my parents could have afforded to take more photos - there's just one black and white photo of my brothers and I with her.  

I agree with the other Australians here, original, dark and double coat are the best tim tams by far.  But if the chewy caramel ones were on clearance, @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?, you'd have been mad to not buy them.  In the last year or so they've gone crazy introducing ridiculous  (IMO) flavours.  I saw mango (or was it pineapple?) this week.  Ugh.

@MarblesMom I didn't know you'd worked for an Australan company?

i hope Jinger and Jeremy enjoy a lamington while they're here.  I shared one with a friend today.  Yum.  Just a pity about the coconut everywhere afterwards.

Wow, Jinger running the show in the ET video! Whispering orders to JB before they walked down the aisle - very encouraging to see! That woman has vision and backbone.

I'm cautiously optimistic that she and Jeremy will carve their own path. Jeremy and his parents are obviously conservative Christians, but the women in his family wear pants and I think his sister even wears sleeveless tops. I can see J&J as fundie-lite and non-Quiverfull. Then again, I was optimistic about Jill and Derrick, too, once upon a time.

Jinger *really* looks like Kate Middleton did at that age. She is very pretty, and the wedding was stunning. Not entirely to my taste, but very on trend. Nothing excessively pinterest-y or too matchy-matchy; it all "goes." That black & white honeymoon outfit, too -- color me impressed. Michelle looked gorgeous in the wedding pics. I wish she would consent to a slight countenance-enhancing refresh in her hair and makeup at least.

And Jinger looks very happy in the honeymoon photos. I wish them well.

44 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The two stores closest to me remodeled and don't have a "British section" anymore, unless they hid the aisle in an alternate dimension. :cry: I got the Tim Tams because they were on clearance.

I won't be able to buy Barry's Gold Blend tea anymore unless I go over to the next town to Cost Plus World Market. :crying-blue: Poor me!

Well, that stinks. Shed some tears for me, as I adore World Market and no longer live even remotely close to one. Waaaah!

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

No!! A life without Barry's is simply not livable.......mind you, my first cuppa just now was Bewleys *hangs head in shame

I caved in and watched the video. I'm not feeling the love on the Counting On page. Lots of people criticising. I am giving them a pass on looking tired, they must be jetlagged and utterly exhausted.

Cannot stand that silly death grip, WHY do they do this?? And the staring is beyond creepy.

Will be anxious to find out how their life together pans out. Jeremey may be a little.....surprised......at what he's married into.

Edit, whoaaaaaaaaa Missy! Her comment about her first kiss was somewhat....racy..

5 hours ago, habert said:

I'm not trying to be contrarian, but she is probably exhausted. Big wedding day followed by a long trip. 

But there is something off about her here like she's not sure how to be natural. I suppose that comes with the territory of being a fundie daughter with shitty parents thrust into sex and marriage mere moments after you were not allowed to be ever alone since birth .

I don't know, I hope she gets to see a kangaroo. One good thing for Jinger. 

I'm pulling for Jinger, and of course she's exhausted. But the video I've seen--and granted, they're short videos--suggests to me that she's doing exactly as she was taught: keeping sweet and idolizing her husband, and using the baby voice to boot. 

My hope is that Jeremy will convince her that he loves her as she is and that she doesn't need to fawn over him 24/7. 

BTW I didn't find your comment contrarian at all. And it would be fine if it was. We're all entitled to our opinions. :) 

Much more importantly - Tim Tams come in packets of 13.

So will Jinger graciously submit to Jeremy's want to have the last Tim Tam?

At any rate, I'm certainly not the only Australian child with a scar from fighting with siblings for the last TImTam when I was about 10.... 

For those craving the or wanting to try to Tim Tams..

Besides Kroger affiliated stores, at least every California Target I've looked at over the last 18 months or so has had them. They've got 2-3 flavors regularly.

Plus the Christmas section at Target had holiday ones (mint, etc.) as of this weekend. I've got some sitting on my kitchen counter right now.

Major Market chain has them periodically and Cost Plus World Market (and Bed Bath and Beyond stores that have an expanded World Market food section - those are more rare) usually also have them

HTH anyone who's craving them or wants to try them and can't get them from Aussie friends :)

3 hours ago, December said:

My guess is no... it's not linked from their couple's website (why is that a thing again?!) and Jill isn't following it. I'm sure if/when Jinger joins social media, it will be announced officially for branding purposes the enjoyment of loyal fans. :my_smile:

I wonder if ET has it correct or has been taken in by another fake?

Their article just posted above linked to https://www.instagram.com/jinger.n.duggar

My favourite are the original Tim tams but I'm happy with double coat. Hated the red velvet ones last year, and was totally disgusted when a bit into a coconut one by accident at work. Those things needed a warning sign. Ugh.

5 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Tere are plenty of nice restaurants around circular so I'd expect they'd be going to one of them. Or even on a harbour dinner cruise. Plenty of people dress up for dates and special occasions. 

As for holding a kangaroo, Jinger might be in for a shock when she sees them. Definitely not small enough to hold!

ive always found Australian food is a bit different to most places when I travel. I mean of course we have similar dishes, but there is a nice mix of a lot of different cultures that make it great. It's kind of hard to explain because I can't really argue for something like America has Chinese food and so does Australia so therefore it's the same, but it's not. Dishes are adapted for local tastes and so you do find differences, but in a good way! I for one, hope they try our pies. None of this sweet pie nonsense, meat pie all the way.

As for New Zealand, food again is delicious. Again a mix of cultures and tastes that makes it just that little bit different. If they don't have a hangi, some hokey pokey ice cream and some L&P I'll be bitterly disappointed. And if they won't have it, I will happily accept their servings as tribute. Oddly enough it's probably all the food I have a hard time getting here that I miss most about New Zealand.

Mr Way is Australian and the first time I was there I held a kangaroo. It was a baby that used to hang out in his uncles back yard. His uncle picked it up and handed it to me and there's a photo of me looking pretty chocked. :)

Answering a question from waaaaaay back: it has been unseasonably cold in some places recently, so I'm not surprised that he was wearing a jumper/sweater. I've only had one day in the past month when I haven't worn a cardigan to work and I had my electric blanket on medium last night. Wtf, it is meant to be summer in a few weeks.

4 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

I know people put gross things in ice cream there like licorice

Licorice ice cream is awesome! Especially if the licorice is salty. Yum, yum!

6 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

That account says "role play" in the description. It's just another one of those odd ducks who like to make social media accounts pretending to be famous people.

Who in the name of mighty Odin would want to RP as a Duggar/Vuolo?! I mean yesI roleplay a lot.. ;) but as a girl who has been a servant all her life? That's a heck no.

24 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Mr Way is Australian and the first time I was there I held a kangaroo. It was a baby that used to hang out in his uncles back yard. His uncle picked it up and handed it to me and there's a photo of me looking pretty chocked. :)

Well babies are the exception. I'm guessing they'll be visiting the zoo or s wildlife park however, and there will most likely be a "do not pick up the joey's" policy.

I have to admit I'm pretty jealous you got to hold one! Best I've done is having one following me for the birdseed I took back from them!

28 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Licorice ice cream is awesome! Especially if the licorice is salty. Yum, yum!

So. True. If there is one "food" I can't live without, it's salty licorice.

Yours truly,

a Finn

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived