IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

11 minutes ago, freejoy said:

But I'm sure they already know the gender and have picked a name... 

If I recall there was a bit of delay in the naming of Spurgeon. Like they were arguing over it a little. So maybe not. 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

If I recall there was a bit of delay in the naming of Spurgeon. Like they were arguing over it a little. So maybe not. 

I think you're right about that, @Carm_88!

29 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes, I remember them saying that they had not decided yet.

But here's what I was thinking (just an idea, could be wrong of course :) ): So they did they People magazine story without naming their firstborn because the name was the only thing left to keep the suspense. After he was born, the name was the only thing she could get some attention with, so that's why they waited so long to announce it... To make the most of the story.. Like someone else we know who tries to get the last cent out of every story...

8 minutes ago, freejoy said:

Yes, I remember them saying that they had not decided yet.

But here's what I was thinking (just an idea, could be wrong of course :) ): So they did they People magazine story without naming their firstborn because the name was the only thing left to keep the suspense. After he was born, the name was the only thing she could get some attention with, so that's why they waited so long to announce it... To make the most of the story.. Like someone else we know who tries to get the last cent out of every story...

Maybe but I don't think she got very much attention from the whole Spurgeon thing. Other then here. I was lurking then and it was mostly, Spurgeon. I think they weren't going to do the reveal right away, maybe think about the names a little more. But Ben's sister Jessica, gave it away. Also, there were no leaks so Spurgeon that I remember and normally if people know it comes out. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Maybe but I don't think she got very much attention from the whole Spurgeon thing. Other then here. I was lurking then and it was mostly, Spurgeon. I think they weren't going to do the reveal right away, maybe think about the names a little more. But Ben's sister Jessica, gave it away. Also, there were no leaks so Spurgeon that I remember and normally if people know it comes out. 

as I recall Ben's sister only leaked it was a boy before they did with her post on instagram in blue 

4 hours ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Meh, I think it's at least possible that Jessa & co. are playing up the idea of no prenatal care, possible twins, and a looming dangerous homebirth to create drama and pull in viewers. 

Because no one could be that careless about the health and welfare of their baby, right?  RIGHT??

I am in the camp they are playing it up for tv - because she needs a storyline - 

she can't be that dense or dumb about a pregnancy - but then again I don't know 

we have to just assume she is playing deaf and dumb on purpose opposed to literally 

35 minutes ago, nst said:

as I recall Ben's sister only leaked it was a boy before they did with her post on instagram in blue 

Oh, that's right, she did! Maybe that's why they want to keep it to themselves this time.

36 minutes ago, nst said:

I am in the camp they are playing it up for tv - because she needs a storyline - 

she can't be that dense or dumb about a pregnancy - but then again I don't know 

we have to just assume she is playing deaf and dumb on purpose opposed to literally 

We are talking about Jessa Blessa here, who thinks she's pretty great.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It was pretty bad. Not the worst pain that I have ever felt but I couldn't stop vomiting and was sleeping with multiple water bottles to try and get some sleep. Didn't really work. When I went to the hospital, they thought that it was my gallbladder. 3 days, no food, and multiple tests later, they found it wasn't the gallbladder. So post ultrasound where the woman ruthlessly dug the wand in between the gap in my ribcage, it was decided it was indeed the appendix and it had to come out as soon as possible. Guess they had seen something on the ultrasound, decided that my appendix had gotten lost and took the near busting thing out. I don't know how and I don't know why but my appendix went on adventure. 

I also have experience with the adventurous body organs. After a year of tests to solve my GI problems it was determined that I had Barrett's esophagus and a large hiatal hernia. Went into surgery and it was soon discovered that my stomach's sphincter was missing and my stomach had curled up and has attached itself to the muscles in my upper chest . I don't understand it either but apparently it's been there a while.

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

We are talking about Jessa Blessa here, who thinks she's pretty great.

well then if she feels that way she truly has a screw loose and it becomes more evident now 

4 hours ago, nst said:

Yes but what I mean was I think that Ben and Jessa intended to keep the sex a secret until they could get the name and official nice family pictures. Remember the white sheet? :P 

On 11/16/2016 at 4:34 AM, alba said:

The Duggar family seem to think molestation happens in one in three families, so ...

Jill said TWO THIRDS in the Megyn Kelly interview. I remember it well, because she preceded that outrageous number by saying, "Statistics say that..." 

WHAT statistics might those be, Jill? The sexual abuse rate in GOTHARD circles, perhaps? 

22 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jill said TWO THIRDS in the Megyn Kelly interview. I remember it well, because she preceded that outrageous number by saying, "Statistics say that..." 

WHAT statistics might those be, Jill? The sexual abuse rate in GOTHARD circles, perhaps? 

There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics.

For Jill to only hear of these statistics in Gothard families, then they would not be correct if she were to assume this for all of America. Duggar family members are not smart. Cunning as sh*thouse rats? Yes. Smart? No.

I'm only speculating that she heard the 2/3 number from Gothard circles. Where else could she have heard them? Cross Church? Would they talk about something like that in a ladies' bible study? It had to come from her homechurching days, and that was 100% Gothard.  

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Could have been the beginning of the tension between them ( I see it, maybe it's not there, but I can see it).

Can you imagine Jessa Blessa, having seen the world, being headstrong and 2.5 years older than her hubby having to bow down to her teenage husband and give in to that ridiculous name. Michelle telling her that she has to submit because that teenage boy who is less intelligent, younger and far less experienced than you , is your new leader! That has to piss anyone off, even the most submissive wives, poor Jessa!

I'm sure she wanted Quincy or Elliot as the first name.

It drives me kinda bonkers when people are just so absolutely certain that Jessa hated the name Spurgeon and Ben asserted his authority and forced her to accept it. There's seriously no indication that was the case. 

Oof! My bad. I was definitely thinking about the Megyn Kelly interview when I posted, but I somehow managed to get it flipped around in my head, possibly because my brain refused to accept that anyone would really believe that molestation happens in SIXTY-SEVEN PERCENT of families. Smh.

4 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

It drives me kinda bonkers when people are just so absolutely certain that Jessa hated the name Spurgeon and Ben asserted his authority and forced her to accept it. There's seriously no indication that was the case. 

If we are to believe Jessa, they agreed on the first name early on.  It was the middle name that they took longer to agree on and caused the delay in the announcement.  I find that 'interesting'.

54 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

If we are to believe Jessa, they agreed on the first name early on.  It was the middle name that they took longer to agree on and caused the delay in the announcement.  I find that 'interesting'.

I find it par for the course for these two 

it always seems someone has to be reigned in 

I call BS on that. They were just trying to come across as a united front because naming a newborn Spurgeon is crazy.

Also, I remember Ben's sister leaking the gender but also leaking a name. I cannot remember the name right now, but I think Elliot was still in there.

My thoughts are they scrambled around for a new name so they could still have a big reveal. That's the kinda person Jessa is, IMO.

8 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

I call BS on that. They were just trying to come across as a united front because naming a newborn Spurgeon is crazy.

Also, I remember Ben's sister leaking the gender but also leaking a name. I cannot remember the name right now, but I think Elliot was still in there.

My thoughts are they scrambled around for a new name so they could still have a big reveal. That's the kinda person Jessa is, IMO.

A control freak just like her father.

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I don't really believe that. I don't think they really talked about it at all. I think Jessa just assumed that Ben would do what she wnted and he didn't. Speculation of course, I don't know what goes on inside of their house. I guess we will see how the naming goes with the second child. If there is a delay and if it's weird. 

I totally expect another delay-- if for nothing else, showmanship and trying to be special, calling attention to themselves and their baby, as opposed to whichever Duggar has something interesting going on in their lives. 

8 hours ago, alba said:

Oof! My bad. I was definitely thinking about the Megyn Kelly interview when I posted, but I somehow managed to get it flipped around in my head, possibly because my brain refused to accept that anyone would really believe that molestation happens in SIXTY-SEVEN PERCENT of families. Smh.

It boggles the mind that she actually believes this to be true! No wonder the Duggars in particular and Gothardites in general have so many built-in rules concerning sex. 

6 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Gabriel was the rumored name. 

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

I totally expect another delay-- if for nothing else, showmanship and trying to be special, calling attention to themselves and their baby, as opposed to whichever Duggar has something interesting going on in their lives. 

The show's also going to be airing when the baby is born unless it comes a few weeks early...what's a week when you can wait a week to announce the name during the following week's episode? 

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The show's also going to be airing when the baby is born unless it comes a few weeks early...what's a week when you can wait a week to announce the name during the following week's episode? 

And this is likely exactly what will happen. So they best not tell Jessica Seewald what the baby's name is going to be. :P 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

And this is likely exactly what will happen. So they best not tell Jessica Seewald what the baby's name is going to be.  

Or gender. Or when it's actually born :P

I predict a boy named Pence, named after our homophobic pro-birth VP-elect.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived