IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

45 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I wouldn't say that they have the same amount of knowledge as a high school student. They would lack in science. Considering what we learn even in the early years would put them at a disadvantage.  

From what I've seen of their curriculum, I'm sure they're lacking in other subjects as well.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BabyBottlePop said:

From what I've seen of their curriculum, I'm sure they're lacking in other subjects as well.

Hahh well they're lacking in everything except Jesus. :P 

On November 17, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Carm_88 said:

They probably do downplay it. I never had a baby but when I needed a blood transfusion, they asked me if I wanted one and stated that it wasn't completely necessary but it would make me feel less weak and more like myself. I of course said yes and two bags of blood later, I did indeed feel better. 

So my guess is that they downplayed it as they do many things and Jessa took it at face value. 

My sister in law had this happen also.  The doctor said she had the choice of the transfusion and she did opt against it.  She was very pale and tired for 6 weeks or so.  Not ideal when you have a newborn!!  

I think the doctor may have downplayed it.... Possibly for liability reasons?

I had a swollen appendix, and they told me the surgery wasn't completely necessary, I'd probably survive without it. It had been 24 hours before I even went to the hospital (and they wanted to wait another 12 because no one told my friend she couldn't bring me French fries until I'd already eaten them.)

And yet, appendicitis is a serious condition with the potential to kill me, soooo I am kind of thinking the doctor may have downplayed the seriousness of it, possibly so I couldn't come back later and say I felt forced into because my options were do or die?

They also weren't 100% certain I even had appendicitis till they opened me up, because only the tip was swollen. It barely showed up on the cat scan, so that may have been part of it.

Maybe they weren't 100% sure about Jessa either but better safe than sorry?

On 11/17/2016 at 6:36 PM, RabbitKM said:

Out of pure curiosity, I would like to know what the Duggars score at in terms of things like reading level and logical ability, etc. We've seen writing samples online. I'm just wondering how their educational outcomes compare to the norm. 

But in general, you are right that Jessa really isn't that smart.  She isn't the least bit intellectually curious.  Her posts a long time ago comparing abortion to the Holocaust still prove that point. I doubt she even really watches the news or reads the paper.  It's just so sad how completely fucked up their system is, that they don't even see this as a problem.

If it helps you feel better at all, or perhaps worse, that aborted babies Holocaust deal is an oft-used piece of rhetoric I see trotted out still, though not as frequently as in the past. She was parroting the party line. That sort of teaching /learning; repetition and recitation without application of context and logic.

Well, now I feel worse. Baaaah.

@Trynn Oh god appendicitis is sooo bad. I was told that I had to have mine out, what they didn't tell me was that they didn't know where it was. They found it hanging out in the ribcage area. 

On 11/17/2016 at 2:01 PM, Gillyweed said:

You'd think she would realize if she bleeds giving birth as much as she did last time there is a chance she could DIE.

Seriously, what do these people have against doctors? They've been filmed going to doctors on 19kac! Doctors saved Josie's life!!

Didn't they make an event out of going to see the ultrasound/gender of the baby in all the pre-19kac specials? I recall with Johannah that they all swarmed into the tiny ultrasound room with Michelle, and so many moments were captured; Michelle announced that it'd be "little Johannah", Jana looked especially happy to finally get another girl (since up till then they'd been seriously outnumbered by lots of little boys), and there was the scene of Jinger poring over the ultrasound pictures while filing out... They even did a profile of the doctor that was going to work with Michelle, since she'd had a C-section with Jackson and was going to attempt to have a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean, which was successful if I remember correctly). They can create a whole storyline from going to the fucking doctor; Counting On would probably be way more interesting if we got to follow Jill/Jessa(Jinger?!) to all their appointments. Every new thing (gender/twins or no/puking in the first trimester) would be an entire episode. Hell, Jessa could even be coy with extra leverage. ('We know if it's a boy or girl, buuuut we're keeping it to ourselves. ;)') And that's just keeping the show in mind! What about welfare and common sense? I really don't understand.

On 11/17/2016 at 3:26 PM, SassyPants said:

IDK- after Josie and Jubilee you think they'd all get it. Jessa even donated blood for Josie so she has to know what a "precious" (keeping it Duggar-centric)  resource blood is.

IIRC, Jessa and the other older girls donated blood because Jim Bob told them to.  No additional thought required.  If Jesus was donating blood then I guess they would consider it precious though.

If it helps you feel better at all, or perhaps worse, that aborted babies Holocaust deal is an oft-used piece of rhetoric I see trotted out still, though not as frequently as in the past. She was parroting the party line. That sort of teaching /learning; repetition and recitation without application of context and logic.
Well, now I feel worse. Baaaah.

There's also the way they're taught to view abortion, as@formergothardite pointed out in another thread, where it's the brutal destruction of full-term, healthy fetuses. Which, again, shows Jessa isn't thinking critically and is just parroting what she's been taught, but their view of abortion is much more brutal than the truth.

I really hope Jessa doesn't attempt another home birth. The thought of her losing blood again makes me nervous. You would think she would go to the hospital for her second baby, especially after the pain she went through with Spurgeon, but...

1 hour ago, alba said:

There's also the way they're taught to view abortion, as@formergothardite pointed out in another thread, where it's the brutal destruction of full-term, healthy fetuses. Which, again, shows Jessa isn't thinking critically and is just parroting what she's been taught, but their view of abortion is much more brutal than the truth.

This is what made me pro-choice; I was also raised in a church/culture where abortion was the wanton and always completely needless (like, women did it because they were dumb, thoughtless, or for fun or to fit into a prom dress or something) and always the death of a healthy, fully formed baby indiscernible from an infant except for size.  They'd hand out these tiny little plastic babies of what the fetus looked like at 6 weeks development and it was like a newborn but the size of your thumbnail.  I realized that the people around me either a)didn't actually believe there was no difference or they'd be talking and marching and protesting and trying to raid clinics ALL THE TIME not just when the weather permitted and they didn't have anything else to do - would this be their behavior if they were slaughtering kids at a daycare center?  or b ) didn't actually care if babies were being killed at all.   I find most people in the "pro-life" movement to be very shallow in their thinking and not very consistent.  

All this appendicitis talk is triggering my health anxiety, a few years ago I had a CT scan that showed the tip of my appendix was swollen and inflamed right next to a spot of diverticulosis and multiple ovarian cysts.  Everything was grinding against each other and it was hideously painful.  They gave me the pill for the cysts and changes in diet for the diverticulosis (mine is apparently genetic and the more fiber I eat the more it flares up, I had triggered it by eating insanely healthy yaaaaay) and told me to "be careful" about the appendix but that it should be fine.  But now I feel like I'm on borrowed time and every time I have a pain down there I should assume my appendix is going to explode instead of backing off the leafy greens and seeds for awhile.   

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

@Trynn Oh god appendicitis is sooo bad. I was told that I had to have mine out, what they didn't tell me was that they didn't know where it was. They found it hanging out in the ribcage area. 

I can't even beging to understand the kind of pain you must have felt. How did that even happen?

1 hour ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

All this appendicitis talk is triggering my health anxiety, a few years ago I had a CT scan that showed the tip of my appendix was swollen and inflamed right next to a spot of diverticulosis and multiple ovarian cysts.  Everything was grinding against each other and it was hideously painful.  They gave me the pill for the cysts and changes in diet for the diverticulosis (mine is apparently genetic and the more fiber I eat the more it flares up, I had triggered it by eating insanely healthy yaaaaay)

snipped

just wanted to say "hi" from a fellow genetic diverticulosis person! Gotta love those low fiber diets, lol.  Recently I had what I thought was granola bar from a friend. Turns out it was a FIBER ONE granola bar.  It felt like my insides were gears trying to work with sand in them.  Awful.

They had to find your appendix? I got my gallbladder removed over the summer and the surgeon told me that he would have to find my gallbladder- that it would be in a particular area, but not an exact place and that everyone's gallbladder is in a different spot. Our bodies are so weird.

2 hours ago, pfled said:

snipped

just wanted to say "hi" from a fellow genetic diverticulosis person! Gotta love those low fiber diets, lol.  Recently I had what I thought was granola bar from a friend. Turns out it was a FIBER ONE granola bar.  It felt like my insides were gears trying to work with sand in them.  Awful.

Hello!

Ugh, I'm sorry about the granola bar, that sounds horrid.  My first attempt at the "diet" led to diagnosed malnutrition and SIBO.    My poor primary care doctor had never encountered someone where the cause was genetic, so she really didn't know what to do since she's used to telling people to eat more fiber.  I've got it fairly well balanced out now, but oh, how I yearn for things like pomegranate seeds, or even oatmeal or whole wheat bread.  I miss the days when all I had to worry about was IBS, now I've got something going on that results in searing stomach pain when eating any type of fresh, uncooked fruit or vegetable.  But my body seems ok with sriracha  :my_rolleyes:  I'm scheduled for another round of tests soon.  I've warned my siblings about the type of pain and what to look out for...two of our uncles have it as well but I always thought it was because they didn't eat well.  Turns out one at least is also just made that way and misses his veggies and whole grains.

Floating/misplaced organs sound terrifying...all my sympathy to you ladies.  It was something I used to worry about myself but I've had so many tests and scans at this point they've seen everything there is to see.  

When I was about 13 I thought I had appendicitis. I was in so much pain I couldn't move from the couch. It wasn't until my mom came home from work early to take me to the hospital that we deduced it was ovulation pain. 

Honestly, I wish it was my appendix. I still get the worst cramps. 

6 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I can't even beging to understand the kind of pain you must have felt. How did that even happen?

It was pretty bad. Not the worst pain that I have ever felt but I couldn't stop vomiting and was sleeping with multiple water bottles to try and get some sleep. Didn't really work. When I went to the hospital, they thought that it was my gallbladder. 3 days, no food, and multiple tests later, they found it wasn't the gallbladder. So post ultrasound where the woman ruthlessly dug the wand in between the gap in my ribcage, it was decided it was indeed the appendix and it had to come out as soon as possible. Guess they had seen something on the ultrasound, decided that my appendix had gotten lost and took the near busting thing out. I don't know how and I don't know why but my appendix went on adventure. 

Re Appendicitis: I was talking about fruit with my mom and Aunt one day and I either brought up figs or basically some type of fruit that grows on trees  and my Aunt told me a story how when my uncle was younger in his backyard they had a fruit tree and he would eat there all the time and one time his stomach was hurting and he was telling his dad how it hurt a lot and his dad was like eh you'll be fine. Turns out a seed somehow got stuck in his appendix which caused it to get inflamed and he got it taken out. Now he doesn't eat that fruit anymore.

@IntrinsicallyDisordered Which is so sad another thing of learning that's how they are supposed to grow up and "learn" but it's just an easier way to control them

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

When I was about 13 I thought I had appendicitis. I was in so much pain I couldn't move from the couch. It wasn't until my mom came home from work early to take me to the hospital that we deduced it was ovulation pain. 

Honestly, I wish it was my appendix. I still get the worst cramps. 

Daughter had that same problem.  We would find her on the bathroom floor (the tile was cold) crying because the pain was so severe.  She had the appendix out and the ovaries lazer fixed (not tubal ligation).  This lasted till she became pregnant the first time.  Four weeks after grandson was born, she was pregnant for the granddaughter.   Dr. said she would never have fertility problems and he advised her to get an IUD.  She gets it changed out every 5 years and has not had a pregnancy or pain.   (This time they listned to the dr. and abstained from sweet fellowship till she had her first period.)  Sort of off-topic----After the first they were told to use a barrier method.  SIL swears the condom broke (yeah sure) and they didn't know,till I told them,about EMKO Foam and the other barrier methods.  Dr. got a lecture, from me about telling his young (she was 19) patients about ALL the methods they could use.  Both kiddies are very healthy and granddaughter is a little pepper.

Meh, I think it's at least possible that Jessa & co. are playing up the idea of no prenatal care, possible twins, and a looming dangerous homebirth to create drama and pull in viewers. 

Because no one could be that careless about the health and welfare of their baby, right?  RIGHT??

50 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Meh, I think it's at least possible that Jessa & co. are playing up the idea of no prenatal care, possible twins, and a looming dangerous homebirth to create drama and pull in viewers. 

Because no one could be that careless about the health and welfare of their baby, right?  RIGHT??

Hahah yes, they could be. Think Jill at the end of her never ending pregnancy putting off going to the hospital. :P 

1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

They could be playing it up but they also believe their religion is the "right religion" so they also think that God will protect them since they're following the rules. 

1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Oh yes,definitely! They want to create an artificial suspense as they did with Spurge. 

With Spurge, they even let people guess the gender of the baby and propose names. I guess something similiar will happen now as well since the time until January and Season 3 needs to be covered.

But I'm sure they already know the gender and have picked a name... 

ok, if you make your living on reality tv, I get that you become pretty media-savvy at promoting your "life".  But this isn't just your tv "life", this is REAL LIFE with consequences if you neglect prenatal care. Smh

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived