IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

17 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Maybe she's actually having twins or triplets or something

I dont think triplets but I am now thinking she is shocked that it is twins and she can't handle it. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nst said:

I dont think triplets but I am now thinking she is shocked that it is twins and she can't handle it. 

Just curious why you think this?  I haven't seen any clips where she looks messed up.

4 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Just curious why you think this?  I haven't seen any clips where she looks messed up.

well she doesn't post unlike her unpregnant sister - something is up 

these people reek of pregnancy and claiming their ministry - something is up 

i predict unless she posts for spud's 11 month birthday - the week they announce on the show will be the next time she posts 

unless something else well I have no clue 

10 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

This is one of those things that are different to everyone?? 

I agree with you though Jana814. 

My nana (dad's mum) always expected her son / daughter in laws to call her mum. My mum refused to because a) she wasn't her mum and b ) she had a mum.

I don't know how I'd go if someone asked me to call them mum, I haven't experienced apart from my own mum who is clearly mum!

Both of my parents call the other's parents mom and dad. I don't think I'd do that if I marry, though. 

My uncle met my entire dad's family a few days after he got engaged to my aunt. Apparently he was already calling my grandparents mom and dad (and this was the first time he met them) which weirded my dad and his brother out :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

5 minutes ago, nst said:

Oh, you mean her Instagram?

Yeah.  I think sometimes those fundies all take a break from social media.  Alyssa Bates/Webster has pretty much gone AWOL due to so much negativity on her pics when she wore pants!!!! 

4 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Oh, you mean her Instagram?

Yeah.  I think sometimes those fundies all take a break from social media.  Alyssa Bates/Webster has pretty much gone AWOL due to so much negativity on her pics when she wore pants!!!! 

well Alyssa i think is a whole other kettle of fish... 

My friend's husband calls her parents mom & dad. I think the reason is his parents have passed & he's an only child. Her parents don't mind though. 

Not only the pants, but I remember people saying nasty things about her daughter, suggesting she have her tested for autism etc...

I watched an episode of 'take Jinger to Philadelphia' - wanting to see where he'd show her around in MY COUNTY - and it was pretty much a repeat.    

1 hour ago, DaysAgo said:

The Duggar males refer to their future (adult) women spouses as "girls." Referring to women as girls is sexist, patronizing, and an attempt to make women smaller--to infantilize them. Would someone please tell the Duggar males to refer to adult women as women and not girls? 

From John David I might agree.   But for a college or even high school age guy it seems pretty normal ...

10 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

"I have to say. I think John-David would be a great husband. He's hard work, kind and resourceful. "

I don't get why people keep stating this?  Exactly what does he do other than screw around?  He is lazy, as are all the Duggar boys (what ever happened to that one going to college, they ever mentioned that?).  No wonder they can't find wives. 

I don't think he would be a great husband, but I think he would be a decent husband for a fundie. 

And although I do think the Duggars are on the whole lazy, I think Jana and John David are the least so. John David has worked as a (deputy sheriff? town constable?) city official, he has a pilot's license, he's done commercial towing work, he may never be rich but he's got marketable skills and experience.

Plus, lots of successful, decent, non-lazy people don't go to college. Even ones who once said they wanted to go to college. I don't think John David is a titan of industry or anything but I don't think he is nearly as lazy as some of his siblings and he could probably support himself if need be.

1 hour ago, Malizabeth said:

Not only the pants, but I remember people saying nasty things about her daughter, suggesting she have her tested for autism etc...

Yes. She left because of the comments concerning her daughter and because people were critical of her parenting and her family's involvement with IBLP. Some of it was justified - like concern over her daughter's car seat - but other stuff, like her daughter's appearance, was just downright nasty. Can't say I blame her for leaving her public account.

1 hour ago, nst said:

i predict unless she posts for spud's 11 month birthday - the week they announce on the show will be the next time she posts 

A lot of parents don't have time to document pregnancies the way they did with the first one because they have a small child to look after. So there could be a completely innocent explanation for why she hasn't been posting much this time around.

10 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

"I have to say. I think John-David would be a great husband. He's hard work, kind and resourceful. "

I don't get why people keep stating this?  Exactly what does he do other than screw around?  He is lazy, as are all the Duggar boys (what ever happened to that one going to college, they ever mentioned that?).  No wonder they can't find wives. 

Is he a chauvinistic fundie? Probably, but lazy, I don't think so. He & Joe seem to actually work, it may not be "fancy work" (as my husband calls office work), or down and dirty heavy physical labor but somewhere in the middle. He has gotten his CDL, his pilots licence, he's learned to operate a skid loader and a back hoe, he can do construction work, that is a lot of different trades he can go into to support a family.  Lets not forget he gets to play cop, that is working as well, even if he isn't paid for it, no one else is doing it, so its kind of like volunteer work but he's really doing something, unlike is sister and BIL vacationing missionarying in scary Sintral America. 

Boob & DQ are horrible parents & horrible people, Josh is a disgusting pig, Jill is a smug clueless ding dong and Jessa is a seriously nasty holier than though woman who has realized she trapped.  We don't know really what the unmarried Kidutls are really like, right now all they do is what their parents tell them. Jill & Jessa have shown via Instagram that they are as deep as wadding pool, and think they are better than everyone.  From what we've seen on the show JD, Joe and Si seem to be genuinely nice guys. We may not like their life views but nothing has been shown that shows them as lazy stupid (They aren't Rhodes Scholars but they aren't licking floors either) or horrible people. Josh always gave off a smug jerky vibe, I don't get that from these 3 guys.  So like the US's justice system they are ok guys until proven guilty of smuggerness. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

Perhaps she's miscarried and isn't ready to go public yet? I hate to go there but that could send her radio silent. And in this case I wouldn't give her an ounce of grief for being quiet and dealing privately with it.  This is something that people who are not the mom and dad don't have to be told until they are ready to tell.   

Please know I'm NOT being mean here, I could never wish this on anyone, no matter what I think of them, I'm just saying that is the one thing I can think of that would make her so quiet.  I also hope I'm wrong and she's just being secretive. 

2 hours ago, DaysAgo said:

The Duggar males refer to their future (adult) women spouses as "girls." Referring to women as girls is sexist, patronizing, and an attempt to make women smaller--to infantilize them. Would someone please tell the Duggar males to refer to adult women as women and not girls? 

And men referring to other women as girls has sexual overtones--rape, incest, etc... Given the Duggar family's issues with molestation in the home, I would hope that they would immediately change their language.

Would Jesus refer to women as girls?

I'm 46 most of my friends range in age from 35 to 60 and we all say "girls" when referring to each other.  Most people I know male and female, call groups of women girls/gals/guys. There is nothing sexist about it, its just what we say.

There are some women who are offended by this and if someone gets angry about it I'll change my vernacular for her but for everyone else I'm just gonna say what ever comes out of my mouth, because I don't mean anything by it. 

On October 5, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Coconut Flan said:

No, just no.  This is an episode thread.  We have threads for memes and such.  Thank you!  If I need to go fish one out for people I will. 

ETA:  I moved the captions to the appropriate thread here:

That's smart, I forgot about the LOL Duggars thread. Thanks for moving it! :my_shy:

I doubt Jessa miscarried. She is probably too tired to take photos 24/7 plus TLC can film her pregnancy. 

10 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Why the heck don't they talk about Josiah's failed courtship? What a hard season of life- imagine what Josiah had to walk through! 

I wondered that too! He talked about what he "would do" when considering a courtship, approaching a girl's father, etc. Not what he did do... Do they think we don't know about the failed courtship?

44 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I wondered that too! He talked about what he "would do" when considering a courtship, approaching a girl's father, etc. Not what he did do... Do they think we don't know about the failed courtship?

Maybe they think we have forget about it? I really don't know what to think about TLC people... 

44 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Maybe they think we have forget about it? I really don't know what to think about TLC people... 

I would think even the foaming at the mouth leghumpers who are keeping CO afloat would recall Majorie? I mean some of these fans followed that religiously uptil Jer and her called it quits. 

Then again the Bates never addressed on tv the failed courtship of Zach and that one girl from a family with a band. Idk maybe putting it on tv is just too real. I still remember when the show hadn't been cancelled yet and they showed 'coming up next season' they had obviously allready filmed him asking for Maj to begin a courtship ect. I really wonder what else was left on the cutting room floor? 

I think Alyssa went AWOL from social media because people were constantly asking her if she's getting Allie tested for autism. I fully believe if her next baby is super smiley, she'll be back on.

As for Jessa, maybe she has severe morning sickness and looks like shit? She's pretty vain. I can see that being a reason she's not snapping photos. If she had twins she'd be all over IG about how God blessed her with two. 

Well, I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on Jessa, but she might have something like prolonged or severe morning sickness, even to the point of hyperemesis gravidarum, which can cause a woman to be hospitalized. There are many reasons she might not be posting so much on Instagram, not the least of which is a toddler who's just picking up steam!

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think Alyssa went AWOL from social media because people were constantly asking her if she's getting Allie tested for autism. I fully believe if her next baby is super smiley, she'll be back on.

As for Jessa, maybe she has severe morning sickness and looks like shit? She's pretty vain. I can see that being a reason she's not snapping photos. If she had twins she'd be all over IG about how God blessed her with two. 

I never saw those posts.  Wow hurtful 

I always thought because they bugged her because she was so young getting married re Alyssa 

8 hours ago, Karma said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone I'm with you.  I'm turning 50 soon and refer to my groups of friends as eg the tennis girls or the bushwalking girls.  Maybe I just haven't grown up...

What is that saying, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional? I refuse to grow up, I like my level of immaturity 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived