IGNORED

Crazy Janis (littlepeasinmypodfromgod) is pregnant

skankbiscuit

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aisling/Aislinn = "Ash-leen" or "Ashling", depending on who you ask. I've known girls called both.

It saddens me to think how she would pronounce it.

ETA: It's an Irish name, afaik. Certainly a lot of Irish girls have it.

Thanks I never knew how to say it but I have seen it written a lot.

I really doubt she'd say it ashling. She's into almost phonetic spelling of names.

She put subtitles on the TV if that counts as a "method"...

I tutor kids in reading and I do tell their parents to turn captioning/subtitles on when they're watching TV. I have no clue if it helps them or not but it seems to. Alone it's not going to do much, but it's better for them to see more words than not. I would much rather none of them watch television until they're at grade level in reading though. There are so many things to read!

Homeschoolers often change their approach gradually. We started with textbooks, then went literature-based, and by the end we were tiptoeing into unschooling. The flip-flopping seems odd. Maybe her children were not learning well or happy with one style? I know my kids HATED the textbooks, so they only lasted a few months.

Unfortunately it was Janis who was bored/didn't like etc. She freely admits this. I wouldn't call it an evolution of learning/teaching styles.

So, this is a little mean, but on her latest blog entry "thanksgiving" there is a hysterical picture of her mom sitting at the table with a beer in front of her looking WASTED! I must say Janis is the worst photographer ever, she takes pictures of the most ridiculous things ie her toilet with the snowman cover or her fruit turkey centerpiece in front of the microwave. You would think that when taking pics for a public blog a little thought would go into it....

So, this is a little mean, but on her latest blog entry "thanksgiving" there is a hysterical picture of her mom sitting at the table with a beer in front of her looking WASTED! I must say Janis is the worst photographer ever, she takes pictures of the most ridiculous things ie her toilet with the snowman cover or her fruit turkey centerpiece in front of the microwave. You would think that when taking pics for a public blog a little thought would go into it....

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a beer can or anyone looking wasted. Has it been removed?

I love the edible turkey!

Its still there. In the 3rd picture down her mom is the blonde with the coors light in front of her. She is probably just vlinking or something, but it's not a flattering picture!

Its still there. In the 3rd picture down her mom is the blonde with the coors light in front of her. She is probably just vlinking or something, but it's not a flattering picture!

OK, I see it. I can't tell that it's a Coors can, I'll take your word for it. She doesn't look wasted, it's just not a very good photo. She does look young though!

I don't think the sister was there but janis purposefully takes awful photos of her little siste. The sister is also a hottie, platinum blond. Seems to be very selective of picking out the most flattering of herself though!

• 1 month later...
ohh enjoying her blog. what a bogan name she chose for the new baby.

I agree... I have not heard the word bogan since I stopped watching Neighbours though (I think the British equivalent might be chav...)!

Also, that font she uses is really annoying.

I know we can't diagnose anyone on the internet but she reminds me of myself too much when my borderline personality disorder was out of control with swinging from one extreme to the next without warning.

At least she is testing. But goodness a 151 fasting is not a good number.

Edited to add: If she is a diabetic all the protein of a paleo diet is really going to put a strain on her kidneys. Barley is a great grain for diabetics, so are groats.

I agree the gd is bad but this isnt the time for some fad diet. Though I guess the paleo is not too bad. She jasnt blogged in a while, hoping she hasnt gone off the air. Nah, that would never happen.

Nobody should be relying on Wikipedia for important life decisions like what diet to follow.

But, eh, the Paleo diet seems pretty innocuous to me.

As a vegetarian, I am not a fan of the big emphasis on meat and the rejection of healthy grains like quinoa, but I don't see it as a reckless diet either. Certainly no worse than the Atkins diet.

Nobody should be relying on Wikipedia for important life decisions like what diet to follow.

I especially loved it when she was all like (I paraphrase) "Wow, I got all this totally unbiased information..." and it was Wikipedia!

Where did she get that degree again?

I especially loved it when she was all like (I paraphrase) "Wow, I got all this totally unbiased information..." and it was Wikipedia!

Where did she get that degree again?

Probably the same place as Dr. Nick from the Simpson's.... :lol: :shock:

If I remember correctly she used to go by 'hot n homeschoolin'.

Now nothing says 'take me seriously' like a name like that...

Well, looks like we know why she disappeared for awhile. Looks like the new baby might have some serious issues. As crazy as she is, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Plus she REALLY does not need another child with special needs, since she has so much difficulty with the ones she had.

Archived