IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

18 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Haha!! Oh yes TLC tell us how Josh and Anna are comsidered a SUCCESSFUL relationship. At this point the relationship between Spongebob and Patrick is more a model for success. They even raised a baby clam together!

Lol! Those sea creatures seriously taught me more life lessons than any of the Duggars.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think the sister is hiding the fact that she is MISERABLE with her man child husband and is trapped in a marriage with a large child an infant and another one on the way, no education, no job skills and a failing TV show as her only source of income. Hell who knows maybe Jessa is the one who will run and sell her family out for the $$. She's just selfish enough to do it. 

what strikes me in the videos that TLC posts is that they seem so serious with each other while they do mundane things like Ben drawing a fake charity picture.   There is no reality 

But seriously I think something is UP 

On 9/30/2016 at 10:20 PM, Four is Enough said:

Didn't JB announce at Jill's wedding, "You may now kiss the bride?"

I thought that was so tacky.

I'd go with "creepy" since he seems to be excited to watch it. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd go with "creepy" since he seems to be excited to watch it. 

I agree with "creepy."

I believe that JimBoob at least implicitly feels he owns his children, especially his daughters. Owning his daughters means owning their domestic labor, their childrearing abilities and skills, their (potential) reproductive capacities, and their sexuality.

I DON'T mean that JimBoob behaves in a sexually inappropriate way with with his daughters; I have no idea whether he does. But I do think he regards himself as the custodian of their sexuality and sees their sexuality as a key feature he is bestowing upon their future husbands.

Hence his creepy interest in the "first kiss" at the wedding--or even his crude comment to Jinger and Jeremy about "exchanging spit." His daughters' sexuality is under HIS domain until HE chooses to hand it over to a carefully-chosen male.

45 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

I agree with "creepy."

I believe that JimBoob at least implicitly feels he owns his children, especially his daughters. Owning his daughters means owning their domestic labor, their childrearing abilities and skills, their (potential) reproductive capacities, and their sexuality.

I DON'T mean that JimBoob behaves in a sexually inappropriate way with with his daughters; I have no idea whether he does. But I do think he regards himself as the custodian of their sexuality and sees their sexuality as a key feature he is bestowing upon their future husbands.

Hence his creepy interest in the "first kiss" at the wedding--or even his crude comment to Jinger and Jeremy about "exchanging spit." His daughters' sexuality is under HIS domain until HE chooses to hand it over to a carefully-chosen male.

Yes! Very well said. When I think of JB and his girls, this is what comes to mind. Makes me think of the Maxwells as well. At least JB is willing to eventually give his daughter's over to another man (even though his actions are creepy). Steve's girls will probably never get that opportunity. Steve thinking about his daughters having marital relations (even though it's good in the eyes of God), probably makes him clutch his pearls at night. These Dads have some very strange control issues in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

I agree with "creepy."

Remember when they were fixing up the McMansion. He said something about Jill's child being concieved in that very bedroom. 

What's so weird is once he hands her over to the next male he still tries to be the headship over that girl and most of the time succeeds as Derek and Bin bend to JB's will. I have a feeling Jeremy is gonna be all "Think your gonna tell me how to run MY household? Bye felicia!"

:handsex::Him and Jinger.

i think the reason Jeremy is not totally on board with this whole courting thing is because he is more experienced and older and not afraid of JB

opposed to Ben who was afraid of JB and just did whatever he said.

Plus I am now starting to think it leads by the woman

Meaning Jinge is more into Jeremy than Jessa may have been.   Jill couldn't keep her hands off Derick when they got engaged.  But maybe it's behind the bedroom scenes that is most telling.  

I wonder if Jessa feels foolish having a 11 month courtship opposed to Jinge's 6 weeks before engagement - again I think it has to deal with the fact Ben was 16 - 17 when they met.

4 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

I agree with "creepy."

I've always thought that JB considers his daughters to be a nonsexual harem who will fawn all over him and tell him how great he is. I guess it's a replacement for the lack of female adulation he had as a teenage geek for Jesus.

JB oozes creepy at all times. There are no adequate words to describe how disgusting he really is.

53 minutes ago, nst said:

I wonder if Jessa feels foolish having a 11 month courtship opposed to Jinge's 6 weeks before engagement - again I think it has to deal with the fact Ben was 16 - 17 when they met.

Isn't part of JimBoob's JOB (cough cough) when he's "picking" mates for his daughters is to weed out the ones who can't support them?  I can't figure out how Bin made the cut, as he was only 19.  I couldn't support any wife or kid on ANY kind of crap job I could get at 19.  Whatever Boob might think of Jeremy's income as a pastor, at least he's paid his own bills for nearly a decade before taking on a wife and potential brood.

21 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Isn't part of JimBoob's JOB (cough cough) when he's "picking" mates for his daughters is to weed out the ones who can't support them?  I can't figure out how Bin made the cut, as he was only 19.  I couldn't support any wife or kid on ANY kind of crap job I could get at 19.  Whatever Boob might think of Jeremy's income as a pastor, at least he's paid his own bills for nearly a decade before taking on a wife and potential brood.

That's what he says, but in reality he wants men who will bow down to him. Derick had an actual job, but he still relied on Boob for a house. Ben had to clean toilets for him. Jeremy has a job, but I'm not sure if it will support a huge family. Jeremy is not as pliant as the other in-laws.

So on this week's "counting down to counting on" they had a "bonus scene" where Ben "designs" the tshirts and bags.  And by designs, he means badly drawing a football and putting a cross on it...

Was this added to this week's summary to pretend like Life Champs wasnt really sponsoring this lie?

So I saw a promo for the show this morning and it was so boring. Promos are supposed to entice you to watch the show but it was so boring I almost fell off my exercise bike. Blah, blah, blah. Who cares?

@Buzzard Yes indeed the Life Champs scam was to make us believe that Bin made it all up himself and got the logo and all of the coaches and everything all by himself.

Bin just seems so very dim. Very, very dim. He is going to mentor at risk children? His vision, Bin's, they just said as I watch. Bin had a vision. 

Worst episode every in my mind because......stupid. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@Buzzard Yes indeed the Life Champs scam was to make us believe that Bin made it all up himself and got the logo and all of the coaches and everything all by himself.

Bin just seems so very dim. Very, very dim. He is going to mentor at risk children? His vision, Bin's, they just said as I watch. Bin had a vision. 

I would really love to hear from one of the families about how the event was billed.  They had to have signed filming waivers - what did they think their kids were being portrayed as?

5 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

every episode seems to be stupid 

and the promos show the married couples when they courting or getting engaged.  Boring 

and everyone seems more smug than usual 

So they have been together for 8 months - 5 months unofficially which means what - they hung out - she fell in love and bam hence the fast engagement

So you all DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COURTSHIP 

Are they ever going to acknowledge Josiah's failed courtship/gettting to know Marjorie period? They keep asking him about courting but never what happened with his. 

2 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Are they ever going to acknowledge Josiah's failed courtship/gettting to know Marjorie period? They keep asking him about courting but never what happened with his. 

they are never going to do that because it would mean that someone would say no to their perfect courtship rules 

this episode is beyond the worst 

Branch out branch out -  JD needs a vocal coach 

Counting On - Guys' guide to courting - part 1

They pretty much previewed the entire episode before it started...

Bin explains there will be a "whirlwind" trip for Jinger to meet all of Jeremy's friends and family in teh NE

Jinger says she cant wait to see where he played soccer and grew up.

They "rushed" to get to the airport and the flight was delayed... Jessa breastfeeds spurge under a blanket. Jinger complains about the delay

Switch to laredo

Jeremy goes through security.  He gives us a TH of their relationship.

Producer asks guys about courting a duggar...

1 - get in good with dad

Flashback of Bin asking to court Jessa in te closet.  Awkward... 

Jer/Jed - Jeremy and Bin were the first guys to approach so I've learned things

Flashback to Derick asking permission to court

Josiah TH - every relationship is different.  Generally, if you want to do this right and guard her heart, talk to her dad first.

Flashback to Jeremy asking while boob eats a muffin (pun intended?)

Joseph - When I'm married and have to give away my daughters I have to know they're the right one and not just there for the prize.

Bin - I had to ask because if I dont get a chance to say no he cant say yes

Derick - there was trepidation but it was something I wanted to do

Jeremy - when we were talkingat the coffee shop he took his time.  

Flashback to the exact thing we just got a flashback of

Jill - He likes to draw things out and keep them on edge

flashbacks to boob not answering

Jeremy - if a young guy asked me for advice I'd just say put yourself in his shies.  YOure not the king of the world, this man poured his life out to raise this girl...

Flashback to boob saying OK to jeremy and shaking his hand over a muffin.

JD - The first step I'd take is to speak to his father.

Shot of JD driving around in his police car and calling codes = shot of him flying and using heavy equipment.

Jessa - our parents told us to gain life skillz as we're younger so we can have skills in life (um, cooking?)

JD - I'm 26 and I'm number 3, I do commercial lineup and property management... part time cop... fly the family around a little bit (reciting his resume)

Jana - being his twin, I want him to get a good girl, someone we can be best friends is important to me.

The J'kids discuss blonde/brunette shy/outgoing city/country quiet/talkative style/humor for JD

WTF did I just watch?

Oh. My. Gawwwwwd.

Only 10 minutes in - and I already have a concussion. From falling asleep and hitting head repeatedly on keyboard. 

Yeah, I'm "working."

2 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Oh. My. Gawwwwwd.

Only 10 minutes in - and I already have a concussion. From falling asleep and hitting head repeatedly on keyboard. 

Yeah, I'm "working."

why can't they do something original - why all the repeats and flashbacks endlessly 

Oh look Airport Wars 

Commercials 1 (sorry I missed last week, kept getting distracted and so bored watching last week)

Max Steele movie trailer

CopperFit pro4

TLC promos

exploreGod.com

Marks and Harrison law firm

TLC promos

Seriously, I feel like they're pitching a sales ad for JD.

Ladies! Love a man in uniform? Want an adventurous pilot? A family man? A righteous child of God? Look no further than #3 on the line up. Will he sacrifice his time and fly his sister to her boo during their flight delay? Watch and find out

Also wtf is up with blonde or brunette? No redheads? 

Jeremy likes Jinge's heart for service and the gospel 

Go back to the Airport Wars scene I liked it better - it was more original 

Have him pitch a fit and get thrown in jail 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived